C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

OEM C63 PP Nappa/Alcantara Wheel, Shift Knob & Boot + Illuminated Door Sills Install!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by LandSeaAir
WHat do you think matches the OEM illuminated sills, blue or white?
OEM are blue, which is why I got Blue
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by juice619
how much did you pay for side view mirrors?
$139 on eBay
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Originally Posted by LandSeaAir
WHat do you think matches the OEM illuminated sills, blue or white?

idk what is closer to OEM, never really noticed on highend MBs before. I got blue cause my car has blue LED interior lighting scheme, if I was stock interior lights or white LEDs I woulda went white. either looks good, for me the blue stands out more, its a personality thing I guess....
Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 AM

w 204
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
im part owner of a shop, i do this stuff all the time. Its not that hard to install, the wiring is easier than the sill installation. the kit has a wiring harness with it that makes it kinda easy. After sills are on each sill has a pigtail w 2wire connector. The car side harness is one long 8ft length w a opposing connector on the end, another connector about 4 feet up, and then 2 cut wire ends 4 foot up. U jump each pigtail into the harness and just tuck in under the sill behind the kick panel covers. Then drop the footwell top cover and tap the footwell lights. brown is ground aqua is hot, theres only 2 wires to the lights anyway, he gives u wire taps in the kit. took me 2 hours and I wasnt even trying to hurry. I would say 3 hour install w average experience.....ill post pics of mine too 2moro
....And I do not have to use any CAN-module..it working ok. wihtout it ??

kindly Jussi from Finland
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM

2013 W204
AFAIK, internal lightings are not CANBUS controlled.
Seen this and was tempted to install at some point. But on newer W204, at least on mine....the footwell bulbs are tied up with ambient lighting circuit.
Best bet is to wire door sill LED with door lights.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
alcantara!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:22 PM

2010 Merc C250
Originally Posted by rb23lb
ya lights work fine, plug and play, fits same harness as oem... only the 2012 wheels need a new steering column to get the lights to work... 2008-2011 have no issues...

i can't disclose the wheel and bag price exactly but I bought it from a forum member who gave me a good deal and told me to keep it on the DL

but expect to spend around $1000-$1500 for both wheel and bag... airbag is equally expensive for the C63...

The paddle shifters were deleted and plugged with fabricated rubber plugs to keep the clean look (even though you cant see the holes in the back anyway)

ill try to take some pics of the plugs... but there is no point to pluggin them really as you cant see behind the wheel anyway... i just didnt want to have unfunctional paddles, because I think that is kinda dumb and sloppy...
How did you 'delete' the paddles from the AMG steering wheel?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 AM

w 204
Originally Posted by katuga
AFAIK, internal lightings are not CANBUS controlled.
Seen this and was tempted to install at some point. But on newer W204, at least on mine....the footwell bulbs are tied up with ambient lighting circuit.
Best bet is to wire door sill LED with door lights.
Ok...have You any idea...where I could find this door lights electric wires?
kindly Jussi
Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 C250
Darn...I'm stuck installing the aftermarket Door sills. Thought I can simply connect each door sill to the door curb light by tapping wires into the door jamb wiring harness. Oh boy, I was so wrong! The door light gray/blue wire is negative while Gray is Positive. But the mating connector wiring inside the door jamb do not have those colors I traced the continuity of the Ground wire from the door bulb socket all the way to the door jamb harness but I could not find the Positive wire. I believed, each door have a controller module inside but I am too lazy to open the panels and break something. What makes even more complicated is the fact that the footwell bulbs glows with Ambient lighting. Do I want door sills to glow at night while driving?....NO! Your thoughts?

Last edited by C0d3Sp4c3; 10-15-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: photos resized
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 C250
I will keep updating this thread for those of you who wish to install the aftermarket illuminated door sills. So far no positive conclussion on my end. But as much as possible, I would like to do a professional installation myself.

Option 1:
The door sills can be tap to the footwell lighting. But as observed, the footwell bulbs glows with the ambient lighting whenever the engine is running or whenever I tried to pull the door handle with the key undetected (Keyless Go) and then off few seconds later. Did not get the chance to measure the ambient Voltage but assumed it is 5 VDC. I installed the door sills in place without knowing if they will glow at 5 VDC, my mistake! Can't see them now when door is closed. If it does glow and it bothers you, get or for those Tech Savvy make a simple Electronic off/on (10-11V)switch. Stay away from switches which requires constant 12V.

Option 2:
Tap the door sills with rear dome light. Expect door sills to turn on each time you manually turned on the rear dome light while driving. You will not see the door sills anyway!

Option 3:
This is my first MB and I have no idea what lies behind the door panels. I am leaning towards running a wire from the Door bulb socket Positive side and feed through the B Pillar connector empty slot and finally to the door sill. Sound tedious and lot of work. I will have to wait for my Infinity speakers to arrive to determine if it is doable.