C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Window Tint NJ/Tri-Stae Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
Window Tint NJ/Tri-Stae Area?

I have researched the forums, without much luck though.

I am looking into shades of gray tint in PA, a while back I saw a reveiw of a few BMW guys that went there as a group and had a good job done, but can't find that...i got quoted $180 though hich is an amazing price, any insight on them?

Also looked at Top of the Line in Lodi, just came out the most expesive option at $300. ProTint in Newark/Elizabeth also, but mixed reveiws there... any help and advice is appreciated. Im looking at getting around 30% all around.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
I went to Shore Cellular in Ocean, NJ and they did a beautiful job using Llumar tint with the lifetime warranty (good at any Llumar installer) and if I remember correctly I paid 235. I did 35% on all doors and 20% on the rear window.

Everyone has an opinion on tint film companies - but here is a little literature on Llumar:

Every Llumar window film is manufactured with quality and pride in the USA. Llumar is produced by CP Window Films, which is the largest film manufacture in the world. They invest in 10-12 million dollars a year into research and development. We offer up to date colors and shades that match the latest factory tints. This adds a stylish, sophisticated look to your car. You can expect colors to stay sharp and crisp - no chipping and no peeling.

Llumar provides superior optical clarity improving driver visibility while reducing day and night time glare. While blocking 99% of damaging UV rays, protecting you and your car, it also provides superior heat protection to keep you cooler and reduce strain on your vehicle’s air conditioner. To view product specifications, please click on the link: Product Specifications.

Besides increasing your comfort, it helps reduce shattered glass in the event of an accident or attempted robbery. Llumar is backed by the strongest warranties in the business.
When it comes to selecting the proper window film for your vehicle, the market is vast. But you want more then options. You want the right option. Base your decision on three important factors: Appearance, Protection, and Guaranteed Quality!
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint NJ/Tri-Stae Area?-tint011.jpg  

Last edited by Scat01; 07-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 PM

2008 C350 Sport
couple more for reference...night and day.
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint NJ/Tri-Stae Area?-tint-night8.jpg   Window Tint NJ/Tri-Stae Area?-tint-shot-7x.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 PM

C
I actually also have the steel gray with black interior so this is a great example for me haha thanks. and i think shades of gray uses llumar film so thats probably what im settling with.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM

2009 C350 Sport, 2004 ML350
I just had mine done on Wed at shades of gray - 35% all round. Not the friendliest of people but looks good so far. Need some time for it to settle/dry so I can see if there are bubbles or other defects. Took about 1 hr. Remember to tell them to use the non-metallic version only for the rear window if you listen to AM radio much. Thats what the guy there advised me when I brought up the concern with interference.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:23 PM

08 w204
Originally Posted by briiannj
I have researched the forums, without much luck though.

I am looking into shades of gray tint in PA, a while back I saw a reveiw of a few BMW guys that went there as a group and had a good job done, but can't find that...i got quoted $180 though hich is an amazing price, any insight on them?

Also looked at Top of the Line in Lodi, just came out the most expesive option at $300. ProTint in Newark/Elizabeth also, but mixed reveiws there... any help and advice is appreciated. Im looking at getting around 30% all around.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use Pro-tint. The tint Quality is garbage, it will fade with in a year even if you dont use amonia window cleaners, they do not, honor their "warranty" any problem you may have with the tint is "not covered."
I had a huge issue with them and will never ever go back... If you want a recommendation, there is a great hole in the wall spot in Elizabeth. The guy is fair with the price, amazing work, and quality tint. I had my windshiled tinted and you were not able to tell. Great quality.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by briiannj
I actually also have the steel gray with black interior so this is a great example for me haha thanks. and i think shades of gray uses llumar film so thats probably what im settling with.
I had my tint done at Car Pretty Salon over year now It's all good so far. They place is a bit un-organize and dirty compare to Shade of Grey. I had my done for $170. Yes, it's around that price. I had 35% all around with black interior and Iridium Silver exterior. I had murano 35% in the front for $70 at Shade of Grey compare to Car Pretty quoted me for $80.

Shade of Grey is fast, they don't tend to take their time to talk to you. It's just all about business. ->"Ok, you here for tint?, What shade %", Me: "I want to match the back factory tint" -> "Do 35%." Me: "ok," ->"That's $70.00" "Wait 45 minutes". It was done less than 30 minutes. I got so much bubbles the next 3 days, man I was worry sick. Don't tell me saving $10 give me this crab...
Well it's over a week now. All looking good on the murano, I just have to wait for another week to re-install both front side-deflector ask I was instructed by the gentleman that work in the front cashier.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM

C
Originally Posted by klingon
I just had mine done on Wed at shades of gray - 35% all round. Not the friendliest of people but looks good so far. Need some time for it to settle/dry so I can see if there are bubbles or other defects. Took about 1 hr. Remember to tell them to use the non-metallic version only for the rear window if you listen to AM radio much. Thats what the guy there advised me when I brought up the concern with interference.
Can you comment on how it looks now? After having time to settle.. I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon the guy sounded pretty friendly on the phone and was open to my questions so so far I'm looking forward to it.

Am I correct to expect bubbles for a day or two or is that rare, cause I guess if they don't go away within a week I can go to them and have it redone