C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY - Facelift Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Also any updates if the resistors have caused any hazards.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
BUMP

Anyone have answer to my last 2 questions? Any advice or help is appreciate. Going to buy these today as I can't retrofit 2012's on mine since there is no way to program my 2010 SAM.

Just need to know from those that have had them for quite some time now if there are any fire, melted wire that have resulted from installing these after market. And also if the reverse LED's will provide enough light for my backup camera.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3
Originally Posted by aznmode
BUMP

Anyone have answer to my last 2 questions? Any advice or help is appreciate. Going to buy these today as I can't retrofit 2012's on mine since there is no way to program my 2010 SAM.

Just need to know from those that have had them for quite some time now if there are any fire, melted wire that have resulted from installing these after market. And also if the reverse LED's will provide enough light for my backup camera.

Thanks guys.
+1 bump
Old 02-19-2014, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I ended up buying one from Ipexmotoring ebay as I couldn't wait to get answers. Non smoked. Got them installed and they looked great but I noticed some issue with the left. Ended up returning them and according to the seller, the current batch have similar issues so they're going to refund me instead of swapping it out. So I would probably hold off on getting one but you may get lucky and get a good set. I'm almost sure they all come from the same source. Walnut, CA.

Also, the ones I got didn't have the exposed resistors anymore and instead they're housed in aluminum heat sync. There's a lot of room on the right side of the trunk to mount the resistors but on the left is pretty cramped so I'm not sure how everyone else is mounting the resistors. The left side had slight buzzing but wasn't loud at all. I didn't cut the green/yellow wire so it probably would've eliminated it completely. And when I turned the rear fog on, only the left side had the fog turn on.

And I'm a bit confused on the ones that say will not work with LED version. My OEM turn signal is LEDs but the rest are halogen so I got the one that did not have any warnings. But looking at the images for both, the look exactly identical, down to the connectors. So can I buy either ones?

I really wish there was a way to program my 2010's SAM as I really prefer the OEM ones but it doesn't look like I have a choice and will probably end up buying these again once they get a new batch.

Last edited by aznmode; 02-19-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes c250 4matic
i just got these lights with the silver resistors , i found that my " check rear right signal " warning lamp comes on on the dash sometimes now , i also saw that my brown wire in the harness / connector is burnt from the car, could that be causing the problem?
Old 11-12-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C200 CDI Sport
Originally Posted by aznmode
I ended up buying one from Ipexmotoring ebay as I couldn't wait to get answers. Non smoked. Got them installed and they looked great but I noticed some issue with the left. Ended up returning them and according to the seller, the current batch have similar issues so they're going to refund me instead of swapping it out. So I would probably hold off on getting one but you may get lucky and get a good set. I'm almost sure they all come from the same source. Walnut, CA.

Also, the ones I got didn't have the exposed resistors anymore and instead they're housed in aluminum heat sync. There's a lot of room on the right side of the trunk to mount the resistors but on the left is pretty cramped so I'm not sure how everyone else is mounting the resistors. The left side had slight buzzing but wasn't loud at all. I didn't cut the green/yellow wire so it probably would've eliminated it completely. And when I turned the rear fog on, only the left side had the fog turn on.

And I'm a bit confused on the ones that say will not work with LED version. My OEM turn signal is LEDs but the rest are halogen so I got the one that did not have any warnings. But looking at the images for both, the look exactly identical, down to the connectors. So can I buy either ones?

I really wish there was a way to program my 2010's SAM as I really prefer the OEM ones but it doesn't look like I have a choice and will probably end up buying these again once they get a new batch.

Did you find a solution/work out the coding for OEM in the end?