C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Limited edition Alcon BBK for W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204, Nissan GTR
Limited edition Alcon BBK for W204

Hi guys,

As the new vendor on MBWorld.org let me introduce myslef. My name is Dan, and I'm part of sales team, and part-owner of JDL-brakes, one of the biggest European distributor of Alcon brakes and clutches

In cooperation with Alcon UK, we prepare limited edition of big brake kit for Mercedes C Class W204. This kit will be limited to one hundred sets in two color options only, and offered exclusively by us.

I'm not going to spam on main C Class forum, because it is not my intention. Since Monday we start with our own forum here. Now, I would like to check US market, and make sure what people from MBWorld community think about it.

I know, that one of the most important aspect ( except of quality ) is price.
We target for special price $2950 shipped by UPS Express, and 20% discount for all replacement parts like discs, pads etc. for all of those that order limited edition Alcon brake kit for W204.

The brake kit is from Alcon Advantage Extreme range.

It comes with:

6 pot monoblock calipers,
365 mm 2 pieces brake discs,
brake pads,
braided brake lines,
full fitting kit.

This kind of kit, worked excellent on each other car, that we have supplied for last two years, including track cars ( if proper brake pads are used )

If you haven't heard anything about Alcon brakes before, I recommend to visit Alcon UK website
For almost 30 years Alcon supply brake systems for OEM cars ( Audi, Bentley, Jaguar, Noble and many more ) Tuners ( Brabus ) Performance Aftermarket cars ( huge offer of top brake kits for street cars ) Motorsport ( WRC incl. Citroen team, Nascar, V8 Supercars ) and may more.

I much appreciate for any feedback

Some more details about this kit you can find at our website :

Alcon BBK W204 JDL-brakes.com

sample pictures of Alcon Advantage Extreme kit

Last edited by Dan@JDL; 11-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Thanks for all PMs.
The rear kit is planned also, but it's hard to say when exactly.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Regarding PM what I receive :
Standard caliper finish is silver. We consider whether other color should be red, or black. Any suggestions ?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 AM

C350 4M
Will it work on 4 matic ?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by hang330c
Will it work on 4 matic ?
RWD cars only, but if there is demand for AWD cars, why not
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
I am sure they function as beautiful as they look, but I cannot imagine anyone spending 3 grand on front brakes for a car at this level....Is anyone considering this kit?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Scat01
I am sure they function as beautiful as they look, but I cannot imagine anyone spending 3 grand on front brakes for a car at this level....Is anyone considering this kit?
This looks like a competitor for Brembo. What are the technical differences?

I wonder if installing gigantic front brakes is going to create an imbalance.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350
I had the Alcon/ Stasis BBK on my Audi A4, I can tell you they are as good as or better than any Brembo kit I ever tried. That being said I would feel less inclined to drop the money on this kit seeing as its only a front kit. A larger rear rotor and caliper spacer is a must for the bias to work correctly. The difference between stock rears and this Alcon kit is too great to be of much benefit. My Alcon kit had 14 1/2 inch front and 11 inch rear rotors and used the rear caliper with adapter brackets. It should be a simple add to offer a rear kit for our cars.

Last edited by Cleanbenz; 11-03-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by Scat01
I think $2950 shipped is fair price for front kit. Please note, that most of good BBK are listed for over $3500, so more expensive than we list. We plan to make rear kit as well, so all of customers that will buy front and rear, may expect better price for front kit.

Originally Posted by RLE
This looks like a competitor for Brembo. What are the technical differences?
calipers - monoblock construction, high stiffness (firm pedal) & low weight,

discs - Advantage Extreme discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This has been achieved by combining a special Alcon developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell. Other disc benefits:
Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems
Directional curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance
Alcon's floating disc system (as used in the majority of applications) has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout its life while minimising the tendency to judder

I wonder if installing gigantic front brakes is going to create an imbalance.
After many e-mails, and private messages, we decided to make rear kit, with 4 pot monoblock caliper, and 343 mm discs.

Originally Posted by Cleanbenz
I had the Alcon/ Stasis BBK on my Audi A4, I can tell you they are as good as or better than any Brembo kit I ever tried.
True. Except of customers, that buy Alcons first time, we usually have 3-5 customers each month, that use AP Racing, Brembo, Stoptech on their cars, and want to change to Alcon kits.

Originally Posted by Cleanbenz
That being said I would feel less inclined to drop the money on this kit seeing as its only a front kit. A larger rear rotor and caliper spacer is a must for the bias to work correctly. The difference between stock rears and this Alcon kit is too great to be of much benefit. My Alcon kit had 14 1/2 inch front and 11 inch rear rotors and used the rear caliper with adapter brackets. It should be a simple add to offer a rear kit for our cars.
Rear kit, will be ready before xmas.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
So far 10 kits front, have been pre-ordered, and 6 rear.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Thanks for all e-mails with questions.
We will try to confirm fitting of this kit for E class W212, what is very likely
Old 11-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W204, Nissan GTR
Fitting to W212 / C207 confirmed.