C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Radio turns off by itself along with rear turn signals

Old 05-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
08 Mercedes C350
Radio turns off by itself along with rear turn signals

I recently purchased an 08 C350 and just ran into my first issue. When driving down the highway, listening to music the radio randomly turned off, and i noticed that my service display was telling me to check my rear turn signal. When I got back home I confirmed that the rear turn signals were inoperable, so i turned the car off and popped open the fuse box (thinking it was a bad fuse), but i did not see a fuse diagram showing which one could be the culperate. I also noticed that my fuel gauge was not reading correctly.

Later i got in the car to make a quick run to the store and notice that the radio and turn signal were working.....odd. Then later down the road it happened again. I searched on the web/forum to find if this issue is some kind of a known issue, but have had no luck!

An Audi friend of mine though it was battery related, but i had a tough time believing this as the car starts, runs and worked 100% OK with the exception of this new issue. I have also confirmed that everytime it happens, i can simply shut off the car for a few seconds and turn it back on and it will work, but cannot find out what is triggering it to shut off.....any ideas, or things to check?

The car has COMMAND, Nav (etc), and the HK sound system and no aftermarket adaptors, etc...
The following 2 users liked this post by Mrflipflops:
Frankie Santana (02-23-2020), LilH (06-22-2021)
Old 10-28-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
You know, I'm having multiple electrical problems with my 2008 C350 as well. I am shocked there aren't recalls yet.

Also, the Comand screen on my 2008 W204 Mercedes Class (pop out version) keeps flashing exactly 10 times then screen goes blank. I still have full control of all the functions which all still work perfectly. Its just the screen which seems to have a problem. When I close the screen the reopen it, the screen again flashes exactly 10 times then goes blank. I noticed this is a reoccurring problem with this model car, but no recall. How can that be?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
08 Mercedes C350
Turns out on mine that it was some kind of electrical module in the trunk that was loosing single from the radio. It was covered under my warranty, but would have been $1,400 if I did have the warranty.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 200 w204
Did you have settlee this problem
Old 06-22-2021, 03:38 PM

W204
Radio turns off by itself and and turn signal stops working

Originally Posted by Mrflipflops
I recently purchased an 08 C350 and just ran into my first issue. When driving down the highway, listening to music the radio randomly turned off, and i noticed that my service display was telling me to check my rear turn signal. When I got back home I confirmed that the rear turn signals were inoperable, so i turned the car off and popped open the fuse box (thinking it was a bad fuse), but i did not see a fuse diagram showing which one could be the culperate. I also noticed that my fuel gauge was not reading correctly.

Later i got in the car to make a quick run to the store and notice that the radio and turn signal were working.....odd. Then later down the road it happened again. I searched on the web/forum to find if this issue is some kind of a known issue, but have had no luck!

An Audi friend of mine though it was battery related, but i had a tough time believing this as the car starts, runs and worked 100% OK with the exception of this new issue. I have also confirmed that everytime it happens, i can simply shut off the car for a few seconds and turn it back on and it will work, but cannot find out what is triggering it to shut off.....any ideas, or things to check?

The car has COMMAND, Nav (etc), and the HK sound system and no aftermarket adaptors, etc...
i have the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Pls reply ASAP
Old 06-22-2021, 03:52 PM

W204
Originally Posted by Mrflipflops

i am facing the same problem...how did you fix it?
Old 07-13-2021, 04:10 AM

W204
My Mercedes issues

My w204 2008 c180 has issues of back turn signal not working, headlights stays on, radio goes off and on, fuel gauge drops to empty, radiator fan comes on, instrument cluster lights flashes and windows and central locking stops working. All these start working normal when I turn the ignition off and restart the car or disconnect the battery and reconnect. Please help me because driving without turn signal is very dangerous
Old 07-14-2021, 02:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 S550 4Matic, 2007 GL450, 2008 C300, 2018 GLE63 AMG
Originally Posted by LilH
My w204 2008 c180 has issues of back turn signal not working, headlights stays on, radio goes off and on, fuel gauge drops to empty, radiator fan comes on, instrument cluster lights flashes and windows and central locking stops working. All these start working normal when I turn the ignition off and restart the car or disconnect the battery and reconnect. Please help me because driving without turn signal is very dangerous
check the PRefuse box, and fuses in the REAR SAM
Old 07-14-2021, 03:39 AM

W204
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

I did all of that but the issue is still there. The first prefuse box which was giving me the same issue went out so I replaced it with another used one but the problem is still there.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:48 AM

W204
check the PRefuse box, and fuses in the REAR SAM

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

Ok so I did all of that, I even replaced the prefuse box with another used one I got from
a mechanic but the problem is still there.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 S550 4Matic, 2007 GL450, 2008 C300, 2018 GLE63 AMG
scan for faults