C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Importing Phone Book to Comand System--Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Importing Phone Book to Comand System--Question

I know how to import the entire phone/address book from my iPhone 5 to my Comand system on my 2012 C350, but I don't want to do that. I want to import only an address Group on the phone I've created just for the vehicle. I've read the relevant pages of the large 229 page manual on the Comand system, and cannot find instructions on how to do this.

Yes, the iPhone 5 has PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile), and it will automatically download everything in its Contact List to the Mercedes Comand System; I've tried it and it works; I then deleted all that from the Comand System. But as I mentioned above, I don't want that; I want only a specific list loaded to the car. Yes, I know I can do manual entries in the car and save them. Don't want to do that....too tedious.

Any advice or help on this? I couldn't find it on Mercedes' website.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 AM

2016 C300 4Matic Sport
Can you do a manual export from your phone once COMAND is waiting?

This is what I have to do for my Android.

Just thinking out loud.... so to speak.... or type.

K
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 AM

None
Originally Posted by KCaudell
Can you do a manual export from your phone once COMAND is waiting?

This is what I have to do for my Android.

Just thinking out loud.... so to speak.... or type.

K
Not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about initiating the export from the phone itself rather than the Comand menus? Interesting idea and worth a try.

With your Android, have you done a partial export of any kind rather than your entire address list?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 PM

2016 C300 4Matic Sport
Correct. I have to get the COMAND system waiting for the data and then I export the data via Bluetooth. I've not tried sending a partial list, but I see that you can. That being said, to do that I have to select on the phone which contacts I want to send. I'll try to send one contact and let you know how it goes.

K

Originally Posted by Go Navy
Not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about initiating the export from the phone itself rather than the Comand menus? Interesting idea and worth a try.

With your Android, have you done a partial export of any kind rather than your entire address list?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 PM

None
Great input. Thanks. I will also give that a shot and post back on how it went. It makes good sense.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM

None
This morning I selected the address group in my iPhone 5, deselecting all others. Then I fired up the Comand menu for phone, having paired this phone with the MB via bluetooth weeks ago (otherwise working fine).

I navigated to the point where you can import an address book, in the Comand menu. At that point I was stumped. With the iPhone in hand and its Address Group selected, I could not figure out how to initiate the transfer to the car, and the car did not import the selected address group on its own. Not sure where to go from here........
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
Originally Posted by Go Navy
This morning I selected the address group in my iPhone 5, deselecting all others. Then I fired up the Comand menu for phone, having paired this phone with the MB via bluetooth weeks ago (otherwise working fine).

I navigated to the point where you can import an address book, in the Comand menu. At that point I was stumped. With the iPhone in hand and its Address Group selected, I could not figure out how to initiate the transfer to the car, and the car did not import the selected address group on its own. Not sure where to go from here........
From what I have read, iPhone 5 will not push contacts to Command, or any system other than an Apple product. This is just from what I've read.
In saying that, if you were to sync contacts to a different device of some sort, even a laptop, you should be able to sync up...

I am trying to Sync my phone book too! I also have the five...
I have a 2010 C350 4Matic, I will update if I have any progress.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:28 PM

None
Thanks, Josh. My iPhone 5, iPad, MacBook, desktop, etc. all sync addresses flawlessly using iCloud. But, of course the C350 does not connect to iCloud!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:29 PM

None
We might have to go the SD card route.......?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
Even if you know someone with an android willing to help you out hahaha.