C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

new LED Projector Headlight Pair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 3 Series
Originally Posted by Jpslikk
Hey uniquesracing I would like to place an order on them depo projector black housing
Sorry, the black housing is currently sold out while chrome one is in stock. However, we will most likely get a very limited re-supply on the black housing in about 2 weeks, might be sooner. A new waiting list is being gathered as we speak,

Best Regards,

Unique Style Racing (USR)

Old 12-09-2014, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
Hello people!! The USR just restocked their black housing one, and it's available now!!

Just got one with the coupon 10% off XMAS2014
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 PM

Mercedes Benz C300
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151413907616?...84.m1497.l2649

Anyone interested in buying these lights from me? Smoking deal. $250 plus shipping for one light. I only have two driver's side headlights. These come with a levelling motor unlike the other ones.

Here's the story:
So I paid $1300 for these lights (with express shipping) from Mars Performance. Well, they took over 1 month to get to me. Once they got to me, I only received one light. They then sent out another light, to my luck, they sent the same side. Then, I waited for their response, and low and behold they are out of stock. Guess what else? My 45 days to dispute the item on eBay or Paypal has now expired. This is a really ****ty feeling. Anyways, if someone wants these, please let me know. It's plug and play, no rewiring required. Mars is saying that I have to return the item first to get my full refund but I'm pretty sure they are scamming me.

Last edited by supersunny; 12-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
having a hard time trying to aim the new headlights ...you think the dealer would do it? Btw these units are worth every penny!!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Hey guys...so I figured out what is happening with my passenger side headlight and has nothing to do with aiming as my previous post stated.

So the reason why my passenger side is off is because the HID bulb isn't completely in. The silver metal ring or harness (please see pic below) is not completely sitting on the structure behind it as it is making room for the bulb. My driver side headlight though, the metal ring is fully attached to the structured behind, tightened by the 2 screws on each side with the bulb in. It is really hard to explain but if you touch with your finger around the ring, there shouldn't be any gap between the metal ring and the structure behind it.
Anyways, back to the passenger side. I removed the bulb and tightened the screws to match the driver side but when I try to put the bulb in, it just doesn't go in. It doesn't fit or something. After playing with it for over an hr, had to loosen the screws that hold the ring so it makes space for the bulb to fit. I can feel with my finger there's a big gap which is causing the bulb to not be completely in but at the same time, is the only way to secured the bulb in place. I came to the conclusion that is a defect. I should also point out when I received the headlights, the bulb was hanging from the hole where the bulb goes for the passenger side, which I thought it was odd since the driver side, the bulb was in and well tightened. I didn't think much of it until I installed and realized how the cut off line for the passenger side is completely messed up. I tried different bulbs in case your wondering.

Any help will be much appreciated. Will contact USR after hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MBSebas87; 12-17-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 AM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by MBSebas87
Hey guys...so I figured out what is happening with my passenger side headlight and has nothing to do with aiming as my previous post stated.

So the reason why my passenger side is off is because the HID bulb isn't completely in. The silver metal ring or harness (please see pic below) is not completely sitting on the structure behind it as it is making room for the bulb. My driver side headlight though, the metal ring is fully attached to the structured behind, tightened by the 2 screws on each side with the bulb in. It is really hard to explain but if you touch with your finger around the ring, there shouldn't be any gap between the metal ring and the structure behind it.
Anyways, back to the passenger side. I removed the bulb and tightened the screws to match the driver side but when I try to put the bulb in, it just doesn't go in. It doesn't fit or something. After playing with it for over an hr, had to loosen the screws that hold the ring so it makes space for the bulb to fit. I can feel with my finger there's a big gap which is causing the bulb to not be completely in but at the same time, is the only way to secured the bulb in place. I came to the conclusion that is a defect. I should also point out when I received the headlights, the bulb was hanging from the hole where the bulb goes for the passenger side, which I thought it was odd since the driver side, the bulb was in and well tightened. I didn't think much of it until I installed and realized how the cut off line for the passenger side is completely messed up. I tried different bulbs in case your wondering.

Any help will be much appreciated. Will contact USR after hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Show us a picture of the bulb you are using, and snap a picture of the other side with the bulb removed. When you look through the hole on your projector, do you notice the "step up"? I bet that is keeping the bulb from going in all of the way. I also bet a halogen bulb would fit perfectly. Some of the 9005 hid bulbs have a collar that extends above the o-ring seal that would hit that "step up" and prevent the bulb from seating. It is possible that you have two different projectors (one with the step up and one without). When you loosen the screws on the retaining ring and insert the bulb is is properly aimed?
Old 12-31-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
I have my front end torn apart, I decided to redo the silicon on the back of the headlight so I will wait for that to be done before installing them. Can anyone give advice on how to aim the headlights once they are installed? There looks to be several methods of adjustment...
Old 12-31-2014, 09:07 PM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by JaredP
I have my front end torn apart, I decided to redo the silicon on the back of the headlight so I will wait for that to be done before installing them. Can anyone give advice on how to aim the headlights once they are installed? There looks to be several methods of adjustment...
You really only need to mess with the up/down adjuster. Use the big adjusters where the mounting bolts go to get the light sitting right in the body. Once you have it put together, park the car in front of a wall on a flat surface (within a few feet). Then, measure the centerline of the beam right in front of the car and adjust the lights up/down so the output on the wall is the same height as the centerline right in front of the vehicle. That should get you decently close until you can aim them at night against a flat wall. You need to park something like 25 feet away and make the top of the cutoff a few inches lower than the centerline of the light directly in front of the car to do it right...just google it and you will find some diagrams.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:17 PM

2013 C300
I know that I saw it somewhere in this thread but can't locate the information again. Will installing these lights negate my CPO warrantee on a 2013 C class? Or does that vary dealer to dealer. I figured that if something were to go wrong with the power train the headlights would have much to do with it. I love the look of these lights but love my warrantee more.

Cheers
Old 01-04-2015, 12:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
it literally all depends on the dealer. There is no reason that it should, but the dealer could tell you it caused a problem and any part of your warranty could be void if they decide. You could fight it, but it'll take time and money. Just ask your dealer, if they say it voids your warranty, ask another dealer and take it there if they will warranty it.

BTW. Got these installed and they look great. Best mod I've done to the car. High beams work perfectly with no sticking, and can easily unplug the shutter with the headlights installed if they do stick. The install wasn't too bad. Probably took 3-4 hours total, but haven't done anything of this magnitude on a modern vehicle before.

There was some condensation that froze. I took them out driving when it was -27C here, and noticed it after I had parked. It'll be -33C or something here tomorrow so we'll see if the headlights still work under extreme temps.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 AM

2013 C300
it literally all depends on the dealer. There is no reason that it should, but the dealer could tell you it caused a problem and any part of your warranty could be void if they decide. You could fight it, but it'll take time and money. Just ask your dealer, if they say it voids your warranty, ask another dealer and take it there if they will warranty it.

BTW. Got these installed and they look great. Best mod I've done to the car. High beams work perfectly with no sticking, and can easily unplug the shutter with the headlights installed if they do stick. The install wasn't too bad. Probably took 3-4 hours total, but haven't done anything of this magnitude on a modern vehicle before.

There was some condensation that froze. I took them out driving when it was -27C here, and noticed it after I had parked. It'll be -33C or something here tomorrow so we'll see if the headlights still work under extreme temps.
Thank you very much. I talked to my local dealer and they said that it would just void the warrantee on the headlights. Still need to think about this. Again thanks and good luck with the cold!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:46 AM

2012 C200 CGI AMG Sport,2011 SLK 200 Komprs R171 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser GXR, 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK
Guys I just received an Email from Depo lights.

"Dear Mr. Yacoub,

Thanks for your email as below.

For item 440-1197MLEAM2, we have technical problem for this item and now it is at problem-solving stage. Regarding the ready schedule, we are unable to inform you at current moment. Kindly be noted.

In the meanwhile, we would like to introduce our professional distributor in Qatar to you as below. If you have any inquiry or question, you can contact with him. ^___^

Company name: Popular Auto parts
email: popularauto@qatar.net.qa

Best regards,
Ivy Lin
Jan. 5, 2014
TEL: +886-2-23635566#1102
FAX: +886-2-23631378
E-mail: africa@depoautolamp.com
DEPO AUTO PARTS IND. CO., LTD."
Old 01-05-2015, 06:48 AM

2012 C200 CGI AMG Sport,2011 SLK 200 Komprs R171 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser GXR, 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK
unfortunately also I just ordered the headlight from this link

http://www.parts4euro.com/depo-black...ss-p-3504.html
Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 PM

2013 C204
From what I can tell the condensation is considered "normal" and is a result of the hot air inside the headlight meeting the cold air outside--or some jargon like that. I did some research on hidplanet about this and ordered from amazon about 25 of their 10 gram silica packs. I think it was $10. Apparently some OEM headlights even come with giant silica packs in them to prevent moisture. Anyhow, put a bit of double sided tape on them and stick a few packs in each headlight making sure they are not in the way of the wires or sitting next to something that gets hot. After doing this I have had no more issue with condensation. I figure I may eventually have to replace the ones in there, but I have about 20 left so I am not concerned.

One thing to remember though, you will want to park in a garage with the caps off the lights overnight to let condensation out before putting these in. Done just think you are going to steal some from your wife's shoe boxes either, once they have been sitting out in the atmosphere for that long they will have absorbed all the moisture they can so just order a bag on amazon.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 coupe
Just installed the set I ordered from unique style. So far it looks amazing (6000K). thanks for the recommendation to Leistung whoever that was.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:45 AM

2014 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Daveskii
Just installed the set I ordered from unique style. So far it looks amazing (6000K). thanks for the recommendation to Leistung whoever that was.
Which links/videos did you follow for the installation? I couldn't find the youtube video talked about in this thread that shows the installation.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM

2013 C350 coupe
Originally Posted by SamTheSammich
Which links/videos did you follow for the installation? I couldn't find the youtube video talked about in this thread that shows the installation.

Thanks!
Had a professional install. He said he needed to take off the bumper, which I'm sure is not required but probably gives a better fit.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:24 PM

2013 C350 coupe
left parking light is out now...going to contact the supplier.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Daveskii
left parking light is out now...going to contact the supplier.
Oops only after 3 days

For me I just received my headlights which I ordered last week
I hope I can do the installation over the weekend & will let you guys know how it goes

might also take photos
Old 01-19-2015, 04:51 PM

Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by Clkboi
6k is Whitter than white don't worry,

8k is when you get that iceberg blue/green

How well does the 6k match the "c" and DRLs? I am torn between the 6000k and 4300k
Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 PM
FFM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Audi R8
So essentially if my dealer can't find me a C class with lighting package this is my only option, potential issues with an aftermarket headlight

Looks like I better keep on the hunt haha.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507 Edition Sedan - Mars Red
Originally Posted by turkeeslapper
How well does the 6k match the "c" and DRLs? I am torn between the 6000k and 4300k
I purchased with 6000k and I think they are a perfect match with the DRL amd the C parking light. When cold or during the daylight the 6000k do seem a tad bit blueish but once warm or at night it's a perfect match.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:34 AM

2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
i have the 4300k's

Originally Posted by turkeeslapper
Here's a photo with the 4300k's:

I think they're a spot on match. Like a pure white, no bluish tint at all. More pictures in my thread in my signature.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by toxicwaste
I found an easy solution to fix this problem. The only negative point is that you need to remove the headlamps from the car in order to fix them.

I will post a link to a video I made later this week when I have time. For those who have the same problem it will be a great day just like it was for me today.

Basically all you will need to do is give a little bit of free play to that shutter which is too stiff. I will try to post my link with explainations before next week-end.

Cheers!
I just fixed the shutters on mine when I had them out of the car last week. Drivers side HID still doesn't work, but that's another issue. New ballasts, and new bulbs, so either the internal wiring is messed up - which I rewired and resoldered all connections - or the car wiring is messed up. Everything else works - the "C", the directional, the halogen corner lamp - just the HID won't ignite. Really has me stumped. Can't tell if it's getting power. Ugh. Anyway...

Unfortunately, you need to open up the entire light to get at it. Meaning you have to heat up the insulation and pry off the clear plastic.

Once you're inside, you'll see the shutter in front of the projector. It's a dull metal "flap", that pivots up and down depending on whether you have the highs or lows on. For those of you with problems (at least), you'll see that the flap is either scraping on the metal surround and/or sticking in the lowered position (high beams). The flap seems to be thin enough to jam into a little crevice at the bottom range of the movement. All you have to do is bend the flap a bit to both give more play, as well as the lower corner so it doesn't stick at the bottom.

Sorry I don't have pics or a better explanation, but it will be obvious once you crack the headlight open and look.

Good luck all. Great lights, just a few annoying issues. Still worth it.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 01-29-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:50 PM

2013 C350 coupe
the faulty parking light came back on a few hours after my last post and has remained on since. Other than that, no issues with the 6000k set I ordered so far. Sucks to hear others are having other issues. The difference between the halogen and these is night and day. I cant believe i waited this long pick up a set.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new LED Projector Headlight Pair