C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Going to buy c300 Sports - 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Going to buy c300 Sports - 2012

Hi,

I'm new to this thread.

I'm looking to buy 2012 c300 sports model (sedan) from a certified dealer.

This is my first luxury car, need some inputs.

what should i look for ? as per the dealer carfax is clean/ no accidents/ car was on lease previously.

I drove the car, it looks good.

Should i buy the maintenance plan ? how much does the maintenance/service usually cost.

thank you.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by gurubhai
Hi,

I'm new to this thread.

I'm looking to buy 2012 c300 sports model (sedan) from a certified dealer.

This is my first luxury car, need some inputs.

what should i look for ? as per the dealer carfax is clean/ no accidents/ car was on lease previously.

I drove the car, it looks good.

Should i buy the maintenance plan ? how much does the maintenance/service usually cost.

thank you.
OK buy the maintenance/service plan! make sure its in no accidents visually walk around and check all the gaps on the car and open the hood check every joint by the windshield etc.

my one regret in buying is not getting the harmon stereo system I would make sure you get it because if you upgrade its a B**CH just because its a benz it costs a lot.

Check what the next service is also a B service is like 1500$ so get the maintenance plan i wish i did. I did not get the extended warranty as i have full coverage until December of this year and tranny and engine coverage until 2018 I plan on selling the car by then if I have to many issues.

ask for maintenance records thats a plus.

Go for a long test drive go fast go slow hit the breaks don't listen to music listen to the car any weird nosies ask about them.

and I've had my car since april of this year

my regrets are not getting a 2012 c350 4matic with the harmon stereo i don't care for navi but i think all 350's come with it
and the maintenance package.

this sounds bad and i hate to say it my next car will most likely be a lexus as maintenance is a lot cheeper but it won't make u smile like the benz does and it's every time u sit in it. Hopefully i don't have anymore issues and I drive the car 10 years knock on wood i would love that!

Last edited by MB Marko; 06-16-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:47 PM

c300
Originally Posted by newmbmarko
OK buy the maintenance/service plan! make sure its in no accidents visually walk around and check all the gaps on the car and open the hood check every joint by the windshield etc.

my one regret in buying is not getting the harmon stereo system I would make sure you get it because if you upgrade its a B**CH just because its a benz it costs a lot.

Check what the next service is also a B service is like 1500$ so get the maintenance plan i wish i did. I did not get the extended warranty as i have full coverage until December of this year and tranny and engine coverage until 2018 I plan on selling the car by then if I have to many issues.

ask for maintenance records thats a plus.

Go for a long test drive go fast go slow hit the breaks don't listen to music listen to the car any weird nosies ask about them.

and I've had my car since april of this year

my regrets are not getting a 2012 c350 4matic with the harmon stereo i don't care for navi but i think all 350's come with it
and the maintenance package.

this sounds bad and i hate to say it my next car will most likely be a lexus as maintenance is a lot cheeper but it won't make u smile like the benz does and it's every time u sit in it. Hopefully i don't have anymore issues and I drive the car 10 years knock on wood i would love that!

thanks for the info.

I'll keep these things in mind.

Some how the dealer told me the service costs $400 (once a year).
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gurubhai
thanks for the info.

I'll keep these things in mind.

Some how the dealer told me the service costs $400 (once a year).
I'm pretty sure theres an minor and major service once a year plus if something else breaks.

my emissions air pump went it was under warranty but i saw there bill it was over 900$ I was very happy it was covered and i have my B service next month its 1500$ oil change and tranny fluid ect. I'm sure i could bring the cost down by checking some things myself and I'm pretty sure i will do that as i've only had the car since april i don't need them checking the shocks breaks and tires etc thats all brand new i made sure they were. most dealers when buying certified put brand new breaks and tires on there cars.

i love my car just wish i had the better speakers and more power don't get me wrong the c300 is good enough but i wish i had more hahaha also its good on gas i get 650km to empty as i tested 3 times i only use 91oct as recommend.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:30 PM

c300
I'm pretty sure theres an minor and major service once a year plus if something else breaks.

my emissions air pump went it was under warranty but i saw there bill it was over 900$ I was very happy it was covered and i have my B service next month its 1500$ oil change and tranny fluid ect. I'm sure i could bring the cost down by checking some things myself and I'm pretty sure i will do that as i've only had the car since april i don't need them checking the shocks breaks and tires etc thats all brand new i made sure they were. most dealers when buying certified put brand new breaks and tires on there cars.

i love my car just wish i had the better speakers and more power don't get me wrong the c300 is good enough but i wish i had more hahaha also its good on gas i get 650km to empty as i tested 3 times i only use 91oct as recommend.

We always want more

Being my first luxury car I'll not demand for more at this time alteast

Just called dealer and he said car still has bumper to bumper warranty for next 2 yrs.

Still I asked him to provide me the figures for maintenance plan.

650 km is good mileage.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:33 PM

c300
Checked with dealer:

new tires
new brakes.
All fluid changed.
Ready to share the service records.
2 yrs bumper to bumper warranty left.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 AMG SPORT
I recommend putting the car up against its Japanese competition. If you choose a German car, get all the protection you can...gap, credit life A&H, maintenance, and a mercedes extended warranty only. My 2010 4matic sport would be awesome if it were reliable and had more power...and if the black finish didn't peel off the buttons...lol

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2015, 03:43 PM

c300
The more i read online, the more i'm getting confused. Ah Man !! so many options these days.

I was inclined to Audi A4 and then I drove 2012 MB C Class.

Felt in love with MB then and there only.

Audi has excellent handling but again I'm not going to race (personally i think so).

A4 has less options as compared to MB (i could be wrong, but comparing the models that i drove).

Power wise i left difference and that because i drove Audi 2.0 and MB 3.0 v6
Old 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM

c300
I really wanted the MB owners to provide the honest feedback as I'm buying MB for the first time.
Is it really worth ?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this was my first newer luxury car as well i drove the 2012 audi a4 quattro and 2012 3 series xdrive

benz looked the best inside and out i took the plunge as a 2012-13 lexus was way more expensive

how many km does it have on it price etc. i got mine for 26k all in had 50,000km i already put 10k on it hahaha

a lot of people say don't get the 4matic but it depends where you live. i live in canada so i need it BMW cost a **** ton to fix as well as audi. i found Benz to be the cheapest of the 3 when looking online I'm sure others will chime in.

i love the benz but I'm scared of the repair costs once my warranty runs out end of this year lol hopefully I can find a good indy mechanic then it won't be to bad buying parts off eBay ect. like i said once 2018 rolls around i might just get another one or move on to something bigger start a family etc. ill be 30 so will see!

Last edited by MB Marko; 06-16-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 AMG SPORT
If you get this car, go for CPO. Get the extended warranty and maintenance plan. My a/c failed $2500 my transmission is now making a hard clunk when downshifting. I am at 84k.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh and to be honest i haven't see many issues with 2012+ cars most of the complaints are 2008-2011.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:18 PM

c300
The car has 24k on it.

Its CPO. 2012 4matic Sports v6

for sure i'll ask for maintenance plan.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:21 PM

c300
this was my first newer luxury car as well i drove the 2012 audi a4 quattro and 2012 3 series xdrive

benz looked the best inside and out i took the plunge as a 2012-13 lexus was way more expensive

how many km does it have on it price etc. i got mine for 26k all in had 50,000km i already put 10k on it hahaha

a lot of people say don't get the 4matic but it depends where you live. i live in canada so i need it BMW cost a **** ton to fix as well as audi. i found Benz to be the cheapest of the 3 when looking onl I'm sure others will chime in.

i love the benz but I'm scared of the repair costs once my warranty runs out end of this year lol hopefully I can find a good indy mechanic then it won't be to bad buying parts off eBay ect. like i said once 2018 rolls around i might just get another one or move on to something bigger start a family etc. ill be 30 so will see!

AWD is not must for me as I don;t get lots of snow in my area.

I haven't planned yet for how long i'll keep this vehicle but will keep it as long as it don;t cost me much

Miles - 24k ; price $29k

v6 - 2012 c300 sports (has multimedia + sports package)
Old 06-16-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
It's worth it if you like cruising comfortably However, if you want to buy a "Fun" car, go find other brands IMO. It's very reliable as well compared to other brands from my experience.