C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bagged 4Matic coming soon....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2015 | 01:53 AM

2017 C63s | 2009 C63 | 2009 GTR | 2012 Escalade ESV | 2006 Gallardo
Bagged 4Matic coming soon....

Attn: W204 4Matic Members
Have a company that i am working with locally that will be installing an air ride set up in my car next week. During this process they are going to document everything needed and all custom brackets that are needed and start to produce a 4Matic bolt on kit for our cars. If you are interested please stay tuned for updates.
Old 08-10-2015 | 01:14 AM

2013 C300 Sport, 2005 CTS-V, Truck Norris
I am so psyched to see this and eventually set mine up for.
Thanks in advanced for the guide!
Old 08-10-2015 | 11:55 AM

2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
I'm interested!

Just noticed the OP was in June though...

Was the work completed? How is it riding?
Old 08-10-2015 | 02:11 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Interested in seeing this, but curious if they're maintaining fully functional 4x4 or just scrapping it.
Old 08-10-2015 | 04:24 PM

2011 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Interested in seeing this, but curious if they're maintaining fully functional 4x4 or just scrapping it.
Me either!
Old 08-12-2015 | 08:23 AM

2013 C300 Sport, 2005 CTS-V, Truck Norris
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Thats my biggest concern, living in Minnesota limits what qualify's as a daily.
Though I used to slap blizzacks on my CTSV and just power through everything
because murica'
Old 08-12-2015 | 03:21 PM

2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic, 2018 c63s coupe
Been done already lol
Old 08-13-2015 | 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by slowc
Been done already lol

What shocks/struts/bags did you use? Haven't seen a kit for our 4Matics yet, is yours fully custom?
Old 08-13-2015 | 10:43 PM

2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic, 2018 c63s coupe
Bolt on. But I can't say the shops name as I no longer support them. I can tell you to check out airrex direct bolt on.
Old 08-14-2015 | 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by slowc
Bolt on. But I can't say the shops name as I no longer support them. I can tell you to check out airrex direct bolt on.
Thanks for the reply! Just realized I follow you on IG, and didn't know yours was a 4Matic. So its Airrex's kit? Checked their website and see this but doesn't specify RWD or AWD.

Mercedes 07- C-Class W204 Standard AirREX-BZ006

Does that look familiar?
Old 08-14-2015 | 11:58 AM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Great....more Japanese-style German ricers will be cruising around town..
Old 08-15-2015 | 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Japanese style german ricers? Have you not seen how air bag suspensions are hugely popular with Volkswagens and Audi's?

Way to be so close minded. Let me guess... you can't see what kind of hard work goes into something you don't necessarily like. And because it doesn't fit your taste you can't appreciate that type of work...nice.
Old 08-15-2015 | 11:04 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by phenom3030
Japanese style german ricers? Have you not seen how air bag suspensions are hugely popular with Volkswagens and Audi's?

Way to be so close minded. Let me guess... you can't see what kind of hard work goes into something you don't necessarily like. And because it doesn't fit your taste you can't appreciate that type of work...nice.
Not really close minded. Just because other automotive companies use it, it automatically makes air suspensions the greatest thing since sliced bread?

First off, they properly adjust the air suspension for ride comfort or in some instances a "sportier, tighter, suspension." They don't lower the vehicle to the point where the car is almost sitting on the ground, which by the way hinders performance and ruins the car aesthetically. They follow the law, because in some states (if living in America of course) have laws to where the car has to be a certain ride height based upon sedan, suv, and such. However; even though illegal, it is not much of an issue, just like how window tint is not an issue in some states.

Second of all why would I want a car to have extreme amounts of "camber" to make it appear that the whole wheel itself is about to come off. It looks cheap and unappealing. Everytime I see these ugly "bagged" cars going around, it's usually a kid in their teens (usually in a Honda, Acura, and sometimes Mazdas) that are immature and will do anything for attention.

Third of all, you are probably going to come up with a sly remark and say, "Oh but I can raise it back to normal if I want." Well guess what? If you never had installed this "air suspension" you would never have to raise it in the first place, let alone hinder performance. Furthermore, good luck going over speed bumps and railroad tracks without ripping your fenders off. Also, don't use the "Oh I can raise it excuse" in this type of instance, because the air compressor needs to "warm-up" before use. It's a waste of money and looks like garbage.

Hard work is focusing on how much potential our engines have power-wise by possibly rebuilding it, increasing displacement, and viewing our forced induction options, which are rarely available.

Hard work isn't focusing on a horrible looking suspension that REDUCES the automobile's capabilities. I also wouldn't call slapping on $2,000 bags hard work either.

Why not get a nice set of coilovers?

Therefore you can increase the cars potential in many fields, one of which is handling and you can even lower it (which you desire) to the point where it actually looks good a couple inches.

Case closed

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-15-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2015 | 12:10 AM

You just reinforced how you are close minded.

"Just because other automotive companies use it, it automatically makes air suspensions the greatest thing since sliced bread? "
No one is claiming they were the greatest thing since sliced bread... All I said was they were popular with Audi's an VW's in response to your "japanese style german ricers..." comment. Those japanese style ricers must be doing at least one thing right if your willing to use Honda S2000 projectors in your headlights...

First off, they properly adjust the air suspension for ride comfort or in some instances a "sportier, tighter, suspension." They don't lower the vehicle to the point where the car is almost sitting on the ground, which by the way hinders performance and ruins the car aesthetically. They follow the law, because in some states (if living in America of course) have laws to where the car has to be a certain ride height based upon sedan, suv, and such. However; even though illegal, it is not much of an issue, just like how window tint is not an issue in some states.
That's YOUR opinion of air suspension... Try telling that to the two major aftermarket air suspension companies in the US, Air Lift Performance and Accuair. Maybe they'll change their marketing and product offering because your opinion seems to be the standard?

Second of all why would I want a car to have extreme amounts of "camber" to make it appear that the whole wheel itself is about to come off. It looks cheap and unappealing. Everytime I see these ugly "bagged" cars going around, it's usually a kid in their teens (usually in a Honda, Acura, and sometimes Mazdas) that are immature and will do anything for attention.
No one said you had to do it. Hell, no one said you had to come to this thread with your negativity. Who the F cares what people do with the cars they buy? You aren't paying for it. Let 'em do what they want.

Third of all, you are probably going to come up with a sly remark and say, "Oh but I can raise it back to normal if I want." Well guess what? If you never had installed this "air suspension" you would never have to raise it in the first place, let alone hinder performance. Furthermore, good luck going over speed bumps and railroad tracks without ripping your fenders off. Also, don't use the "Oh I can raise it excuse" in this type of instance, because the air compressor needs to "warm-up" before use. It's a waste of money and looks like garbage.
Nah, I don't need to come back with a sly remark. Your response contradicts itself. Folks that install these suspensions do so so they can "raise it back to normal" if they want. Thats the point of air suspensions for that demographic, to raise and lower ride height at their choosing. Or did you not realize that?
And they don't really need luck for speed bumps and railroad crossings. Because again with the air bag suspension they can select a higher ride height to overcome those obstacles. And the air compressor needs to warm up? Take a look at the picture above again... Notice that long gray cylinder looking thing? Its an air tank. It holds air so that they can raise and lower a few times before the compressor needs to kick on. No warming up needed. Waste of money and looks garbage? Again not your money, and not your garbage.

Hard work is focusing on how much potential our engines have power-wise by possibly rebuilding it, increasing displacement, and viewing our forced induction options, which are rarely available.

Hard work isn't focusing on a horrible looking suspension that REDUCES the automobile's capabilities. I also wouldn't call slapping on $2,000 bags hard work either.

Why not get a nice set of coilovers?

Therefore you can increase the cars potential in many fields, one of which is handling and you can even lower it (which you desire) to the point where it actually looks good a couple inches.
Again your opinions. And not all cases are "slapping on" some of these cars never had air bag suspensions widely made for them. Just like the purpose of this thread, a 4Matic doesn't have a "bolt on" kit for it. So for a car that doesn't have a bolt on kit, it can be considered hard work. And judging by your comment you have no experience with air suspensions. (compressor needs warming up, good luck with speed bumps...)
Maybe coilers aren't the preferred choice because they want the adjustable ride height? Ever think about that? And this might shock you... they make air bags that you can replace the springs of coilover systems with.

And just for your situational awareness... watch this video of air suspension vs coilovers on a race track, in different vehicle types. Or if you don't want to waste your time. Look at the tech data below the video.

https://www.airliftperformance.com/blog/airvscoilover/

I am not claiming air suspension is the best thing since sliced bread or what have you. I am pointing out your close mindedness and how your statements are your opinion that you seem to be trying to pass off as fact. In your 19 or so years of life you must have so much experience to know how your opinions of car modification are the standard huh?

Now the case is closed.

Last edited by phenom3030; 08-16-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2015 | 03:26 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Your counter argument is probably one of the worst one I have seen on the entire MBWorld Forum...

No one is claiming they were the greatest thing since sliced bread... All I said was they were popular with Audi's an VW's in response to your "japanese style german ricers..." comment. Those japanese style ricers must be doing at least one thing right if your willing to use Honda S2000 projectors in your headlights...

With my first response in this thread, you counter argued the response by replying that they are popular among German automotive companies like once again you did here. First of all who cares if they use it, good for them. Furthermore, to make things more clear, I am not bashing the air suspension itself...I am bashing what childish and immature children do with these suspensions and lower it, like I said earlier, to the point of hindered performance in addition to non existent positive gains on the vehicle.

Those japanese style ricers must be doing at least one thing right if your willing to use Honda S2000 projectors in your headlights...

This comment should not have even been addressed in our argument, because we are talking about suspension right? Why would you bring up a completely irrelevant projector upgrade I performed? Cars from the Japanese origin are great; they make great automobiles. The problem begins when horrible "bagged" suspensions are slapped onto Japanese cars by attention-seeking immature kids, (which is now progressing to German automobiles apparently and unfortunately) which is why Japanese vehicles have received the stereotype of "rice." Which is why I stated Japanese-ricers in my first response to this thread; it also gives me a chuckle that you knew what I was talking about when I said "Japanese Ricers," you cannot deny that.

That's YOUR opinion of air suspension... Try telling that to the two major aftermarket air suspension companies in the US, Air Lift Performance and Accuair. Maybe they'll change their marketing and product offering because your opinion seems to be the standard?

How is the United States law an opinion? Do you get a speeding ticket, take the option to fight it in court and claim, "That was your opinion that I was speeding." I do not understand the logic here..........Like I said it's rarely enforced just how window tint is in some states and circumstances. To add to this, the "popular air suspensions" like I said earlier, in the German automotive world are adjusted accordingly based upon a luxury comfort ride, or an aggressive more "sporty" take. All of which is followed by law to the Department of Motor Vehicles standards.

No one said you had to do it. Hell, no one said you had to come to this thread with your negativity. Who the F cares what people do with the cars they buy? You aren't paying for it. Let 'em do what they want.

True, nobody said I had to do it, but even if I was paid to do it I wouldn't. I came to this thread not for negativity, but to state MY OPINION, which you said earlier about my take on air suspensions. You kind of contradicted yourself....Also I really could care less what people do to their cars, like I said it is my opinion on the situation, feel free to slap "bags" on your vehicle and look like this:
Bagged 4Matic coming soon....-zipwvwu.jpg

Nah, I don't need to come back with a sly remark. Your response contradicts itself. Folks that install these suspensions do so so they can "raise it back to normal" if they want. Thats the point of air suspensions for that demographic, to raise and lower ride height at their choosing. Or did you not realize that?
And they don't really need luck for speed bumps and railroad crossings. Because again with the air bag suspension they can select a higher ride height to overcome those obstacles. And the air compressor needs to warm up? Take a look at the picture above again... Notice that long gray cylinder looking thing? Its an air tank. It holds air so that they can raise and lower a few times before the compressor needs to kick on. No warming up needed.

If they did not decide to ride horrible "low" setups on these bags in the first place, they wouldn't need to waste time "raising it back up." Also this just add more problems to the vehicle and everyone else on the public road. I've been behind these immature attention-seeking kids while a railroad crossing or a speed bump comes up, and they literally take 20 minutes just to go over these things, then once clear of any public obstacles, they decide to travel 30 mph in a 50 mph zone hoping that they wont scrape the bottom of their car and hope that their bags will not "pop." If you or anyone else travel at normal ride heights with these air suspensions, myself and everyone else on the road would not have to deal with the hindering impracticality these kids put on their car, and I would not have a problem.

Waste of money and looks garbage? Again not your money, and not your garbage.

That is true, not my money, but like I said earlier, if this is the definition of money well spent, our society has a problem:

Also, it kind of is my garbage, since I share the road with these imbeciles, I have to deal with them altering traffic flow in addition to ruining the aesthetic look of all the other nice ride height cars going around.

Again your opinions. And not all cases are "slapping on" some of these cars never had air bag suspensions widely made for them. Just like the purpose of this thread, a 4Matic doesn't have a "bolt on" kit for it. So for a car that doesn't have a bolt on kit, it can be considered hard work. And judging by your comment you have no experience with air suspensions. (compressor needs warming up, good luck with speed bumps...)
Maybe coilers aren't the preferred choice because they want the adjustable ride height? Ever think about that? And this might shock you... they make air bags that you can replace the springs of coilover systems with.

Glad you reinstated that it is my opinion, don't know why you are trying to fight it. Also in some instances my "opinions" turn into facts. There is a reason why air bag suspensions are not "widely made for them," especially on the 4Matic, because these companies actually realize that the consumer rate on bagged suspensions in our field is not great enough to mass produce. These companies like to mostly target the stereotypical Japanese market where the kids think it is actually cool, which it's not.

Also the hell you talking about? Coilovers can be adjusted a good couple inches or so, guess you didn't know that.

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-16-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2015 | 07:52 PM

I'm not trying to fight your opinion. Just pointing out how IGNORANT you are.

I wasn't referring to U.S. law I was referring to the first sentence in that paragraph, what you say air suspension is for...

If you could care less what people do to their cars why waste time writing about it?

And your reference photos are implying that is my opinion of air bag suspensions. Which it is not.
And who are you to call them kids? You can't LEGALLY drink a beer can you? But your calling people kids right?

And I figured you'd try to claim that S2k projector upgrade was your hard work... Look at your own posts bud. You mention it was someone else's hard work... Lightwerkes right? And you just "slapped" them in?
And yes coil overs can be adjusted... But not as easily as air suspensions... Or in motion.

You probably ignored the tech data of the air vs coilover web page... That's fine though just reinforces how ignorant you are.

I'm done. Your ignorance is irritating.
Old 08-16-2015 | 08:30 PM

This makes me LOL. Having airbags is Japanese-style German ricers? Lemme tell you something, airbags is euro-German style ricers. Lol

Most of those extreme cambered cars you see aren't on airbags, they're on coilovers. Cause airbags is more costly than some Cheap coilovers. Not to mention German has been doing the extreme camber and wheels that don't fit waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before kids in their Hondas. You can thank the euro trends for making you hate the Japanese tuner ricer boy styles you see today.
Old 08-17-2015 | 10:38 AM

2013 C250 Sport
w204_Generic you have not clue about the new modern tech that is in the air ride suspension these days obviously. I get you don't like it and that is fine to each his own. My friends with air ride around here only keep the car slammed like that when parked. When they go to drive off they simply hit 1 button and boom instantly the car is at the proper ride height. Then they also have another button they can push for any objects for an instant raise to just over 1" higher then the factory ride height the car came with from factory. These new systems don't take long to build up air in the tank and not only that it stores it and keeps it as the proper 150 psi at all times
Old 08-17-2015 | 03:43 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Yeah I'm so ignorant right? So ignorant to the point you cannot even read my posts correctly and have no valid counter argument to back up your claims except result to name calling. Mature.

If you could care less what people do to their cars why waste time writing about it?
You are the one only actually only caring what other people do to their vehicles, I simply stated my opinion and input of air suspensions, which happened to be negative. Where in my first post did you see anything involving me specifically claiming that you, "DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR VEHICLE." If you can show me that I will be more than happy to send you a Ziploc bag filled with air with a straw to act as the air compressor, free of charge.

And who are you to call them kids? You can't LEGALLY drink a beer can you? But your calling people kids right?
Just because I am the same age as these kids doesn't mean I can't call them kids? What is the definition of your logic here? What, do you want me to call them, MEN?? There is a difference between being a mature kid, and an immature kid which I stated many times in previous posts that the "immature, attention seeking" ones do this to their vehicles.

Just because I cannot drink a beer legally, that all of a sudden makes me not allowed to voice my opinion that you are trying to fight oh so difficultly. Maybe that is the reasoning behind why you like the "amazing" look of bent wheels. Has the alcohol changed your mindset and perception to the point where you enjoy the "magnificent" view of this "glorifying" suspension: I don't even drink underage, why? Because it's illegal, just like the ride height you prosper in hindering your vehicles capabilities.

And I figured you'd try to claim that S2k projector upgrade was your hard work... Look at your own posts bud. You mention it was someone else's hard work... Lightwerkes right? And you just "slapped" them in?
Oh here we go with the projectors again......changing the topic direction ten fold again. You added DEPO headlights, most likely bought off eBay, to your "build," so I wouldn't be claiming that I "slapped" projectors on, when you are clearly the one who actually slapped them on. There's a difference between an OEM housing retrofit which requires opening up my OEM headlight, compared to a WHOLE different headlight assembly. In short, mine are OEM, yours aren't. We can continue if you would like to go on the path of the Off-Topic.

Same thing goes with bagged suspensions, if there is a kit, you slap them on pathetically like you did with your headlights. If there is a custom built suspension for one 4Matic vehicle owner specifically, there obviously will be more work involved, but not enough work to clarify these suspensions to be good enough to compare to coilovers if you are going to lower it pathetically.

And yes coil overs can be adjusted... But not as easily as air suspensions... Or in motion.
So you do know coilovers can be adjusted? Why did you say before that people chose bags over coilovers because they can be adjusted.....more sensible logic. Who cares if it's less difficult to adjust? I'm not gonna be adjusting my ride height up and down 24/7, and even if you can why sacrifice trunk space for an air compressor and tank? I can't even go onto a nice vacation anymore if some items won't even fit in my trunk anymore.....

You probably ignored the tech data of the air vs coilover web page... That's fine though just reinforces how ignorant you are.
Assumptions now? I actually did read it and this information is accurate; however, your misuse and every other immature kids misuse of these air suspensions do not get these types of results. When you lower it like an idiot all the way you will NOT get these results, guaranteed. If you ride at a normal height HALLELUJAH magnificent results, as shown in the video when the vehicle with air suspension is at normal ride height. If you are arguing about my statement earlier, being that these suspensions are ricey, this just shows you are one of the idiots or will be a future idiot on the road lowering to the point where it hinders traffic flow, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing.

I'm done. Your ignorance is irritating.
You're the only one wanting to progress into the argument and as usual, fight my opinion. I simply stated my opinion on these air suspensions only when IMMATURE kids abuse them, and you had to go all defensive and argue and now you're saying your done? Well I'm not. Either ignore it, or except the truth. I'll say it again, air suspensions are fine, only when you hinder every performance aspect of the vehicle by lowering it like this:

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-17-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2015 | 03:53 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by dudeitsmattx
w204_Generic you have not clue about the new modern tech that is in the air ride suspension these days obviously. I get you don't like it and that is fine to each his own. My friends with air ride around here only keep the car slammed like that when parked. When they go to drive off they simply hit 1 button and boom instantly the car is at the proper ride height. Then they also have another button they can push for any objects for an instant raise to just over 1" higher then the factory ride height the car came with from factory. These new systems don't take long to build up air in the tank and not only that it stores it and keeps it as the proper 150 psi at all times
First off, That's great! I respect your friend because I have absolutely no problem if they have it lowered ridiculously only when parked, it only becomes a problem if you drive that way (stated reasons in previous post, do not feel like reiterating). I just don't like ignorant people such as Phenom or whatever his name is with no valid argument.

Also, I apparently "have no clue about modern tech in air suspensions" Why add that? You're post was great until you had to start off that way. First off I do have knowledge on the suspensions; I have numerous friends that have these suspensions and they actually do what your friends do, "Only when parked." So there is no need to argue with them. I've seen these suspensions physically getting installed before and yes, I have stayed during most of the installation. So please don't assume. I respected your post, why did you have to add that assumption part?
Old 11-10-2015 | 04:49 AM

w204

The cutting edge technology does not suitable with some narrow minded.
Old 11-11-2015 | 06:00 PM

2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
While this thread is certainly a event, I gotta agree with w204_Generic. The "Bagged" look just makes German cars look like cheap ricers when normally a German car is supposed to be about elegance and class.

That being said, do whatever you want to your car. I do not care. It just makes my W204 look all the better next to your "euro-ricer".