C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards 2014 C300 Sport 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
Mud Flaps / Splash Guards 2014 C300 Sport 4Matic

Hello all

I wanted to install mud flaps / splash guards for my 2014 c300 sport 4matic.. Called the dealer yesterday and he told me that mud flaps are only available for luxury version.

Browsed through some old threads on this forum where few have installed mud flaps on 2012 c300.. tried to click on the links.. but all of them are dead.. ( I am sorry I am missed any working links )

Has anyone had any luck installing on 2014 C300 Sport version ? Where did you buy it from ? Can you please post links and pictures of them installed on your car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 PM

2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
bump
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
there are definitely ones for sport and they look pretty decent. I will see if I can find them for you in a day or two.
The following users liked this post:
tapankd (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2014 C300
You can find them on Ebay right now.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:23 PM

2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
bump
Old 07-22-2019, 03:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Has anyone compared the Ebay versions vs the Mercedes versions? I can get the Ebay ones for ~$30 shipped (Luxury model), and the pics online look decent. For 1/4 the price of the OEM parts, I'm guessing they're worth a shot, but if anyone has tried them already and determined they're total junk, let me know!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:34 PM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
I'm using the cheap ebay ones and the quality/fitment is decent. The fasteners that come with the kit though are garbage, and I recommend using something else to attach them
Old 07-22-2019, 10:48 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:05 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
I'm about to finally go ahead and order these - was shifting from winter tires back to the summers yesterday and was thinking about this again. On the MB parts website I found part numbers for the front and rear - 240-890-00-78 and 240-890-06-78, respectively. But both of those said "coupe" in the description, and my wife's C250 is a sedan. So I called the local dealer and the guy there confirmed those were the correct part numbers for the VIN. Weird. I went looking online to see where I could find those parts at better pricing (since the local dealer's price was ~$20 over what the MBparts site says, so almost $200 by the time tax is added in) and found some sites advertising them in the mid-$50s for each pair. Not too bad.

What has me a little confused / curious is that there's another rear part number, 240-890-01-78, which shows it fits '08-13 W204s; the 240-890-06-78 shows it fits the '14-15 W204s. It doesn't seem to me there should be any difference between a '13 and a '14, right? I'm somewhat tempted to order them both to compare, then return the ones I don't need, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. :p
Old 04-11-2021, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c180 sport pak
mud flaps

look on internet buy amg pack type u can get them infactory coluresfro england diffenant shape to lux models hope this helps you max from austrailia
Old 06-21-2021, 01:15 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
NOTE this post details the install on a Luxury, not a Sport. This thread is one of the few that discusses the mud guards, so I figured I'd just post here.

I finally got around to ordering and installing the Mercedes Accessory mud guards on my wife's '14 C250 Luxury. I ordered them from one of the parts wholesalers online that give better pricing - as I said previously, these cost me ~$55 for each pair (so $15-20 less than MSRP), whereas the local dealer wanted to charge about $20 more than MSRP. Even with shipping factored in, it wasn't a hard decision to just get them online.

I'll start off by saying I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the MB Accessories experience. I've ordered manufacturer accessories for my Fords, Subarus, and Cadillac in the past and have never had experiences like this. It starts with the incorrect description on the website (both parts specifically say "coupe", but are for the sedan) and carries through to the lack of any installation instructions. I know what you're thinking: "Installation instructions? They're frickin' mud flaps, how hard can it be?" Normally, I would agree with that line of thinking, but MB provides mud guards with 5 holes and 3 different fasteners, with no explanation of which one goes to which hole, leaving it to the customer to guess which goes where. That, to me, is unacceptable.

Just to add to the stupidity, the two different self-tapping screws have 2 different heads on them (Philips head and T25 Torx) for no particular reason. Brilliant!

Anyway, on to the install. The rear was pretty easy, as it turns out you don't need any of the fasteners, because the holes in the mud guards line up with the existing mounting holes in the wheel well liner, so you just re-use the existing fasteners.

I didn't get a picture of the underside of the bumper, but interestingly enough, the two sides do not mount the same. I would have assumed the bumper cover would be mounted the same on either side, but it's not. Now, I suppose it's possible that someone used the wrong fasteners on one side or the other at some point - the rear bumper was off the car to be repainted a couple years ago after a parking garage hit-and-run, so maybe the body shop put it back together wrong? Not a big deal, of course, I just found it interesting.

Kind of hard to get a good picture of black mud guards when they're perpetually in the shade under the car. Here's a shot in my sloped driveway, which let me get down low behind the car. Just the left side mud guard installed:

And a comparison shot of the two sides with just the left side installed:

Moving on to the front. Here things were not quite so clear - as you can see, two of the holes in the mud guard align with existing holes, but the other two don't line up with anything. The open slot on the vertical portion of the mud guard is where the long clip goes, to clip the guard to the fender lip.

Not seen in the above photo is that there's a 5th hole where the mud guard wraps underneath the rocker sill. There's a push pin type fastener that holds the rocker trim in place - it's got about a 1" diameter head on it, and snaps into a plastic receptacle in the rocker.

With the mud guard in place, that push pin will no longer fit - it's not long enough to reach the receptacle anymore.

And you can see that the big head on the push pin doesn't match up to the recessed slot in the mud guard, which is part of why the pin no longer reaches the receptacle:

So, I figured it made sense to use the longer push pins that were provided with the mud guards, assuming they would fit into that plastic receptacle in the rocker. Sure enough, they do.

Below is a shot of the left front mud guard installed. I used the longer self-tapping screw in the top hole, and the shorter one in the bottom hole. I made that decision based on the fact that, if I put it in the top hole, the shorter self-tapping screw wouldn't have really had enough length to reach the fender liner, because at that point of the wheel well the fender liner is kind of recessed back away from the fender lip a bit. Perhaps 7 years ago, when the car was new, that wasn't the case, but it is now, so that's what I used to decide where to put the different length screws.

The shorter one went in pretty easily. The top one was a bit of a pain, because there's nothing behind the fender liner to keep in place, so trying to push the screw to get it to bite into the plastic just meant the fender liner got pushed back. I ended up using a small screwdriver to wedge into the gap between the fender liner and fender lip to try to hold the liner in place so the screw would bite in. That worked OK, but I'm still left with the feeling that it's a pretty frickin' cheesy way of attaching the mud guards. "The best or nothing, except for our accessories."

Getting the long clip in place was also a pain in the ***, as they're a tight fit (as they should be). The opening gap of the clip was narrow enough that the thickness of the fender lip + the mud guard juuuust fits into the clip. Once I got it started, I used a broad prying tool to pry against the thick plastic on the back side of the slot to push the metal clip firmly into place.

Job done, here's a look down the side of the car to show both guards installed.

Appearance-wise, they turned out pretty much exactly as I would have hoped. I think if they were body-colored they'd look weird, as these appear to be longer than the Sport-specific ones I've seen others post pictures of. Since they're flat black, they're quite unobtrusive. It remains to be see how well they actually work. You can see that on the white car the typical road grunge that gets kicked up is very noticeable, so within a couple of days of a washing it's already starting to look dirty. I'm hoping the mud guards will cut back on that. We shall see...
Old 06-27-2021, 08:58 PM

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Does anyone have MBpart numbers for THE CORRECT mud flaps to fit a 2012 C300 Sport with AMG appearance package?