C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Would love to get one from you. Can you message me? I am like brand new to the forum, and I am getting a strange message that I can not receive emails...? So hope we can communicate.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2022, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts
2010 c300
My GF bought me a face-lift unit for my 2010 w204, can I still use this if I buy the right prefacelift mounting bracket?
Old 05-09-2022, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 2010 4matic
Originally Posted by lanciadub
Hi, I got mine off the mekede store on AliExpress, all, in about 360 euro.. No regrets, its the best piece of kit I've ever had in a car. It has its quirks but the pros far far out weigh the small niggly quirks. For the likes of the obd tool, I can see where people are having problems. The Bluetooth connection isn't as straightforward as an android phone and it seems to be just for phones. I have android auto on mine but it will not connect to Bluetooth either, but it doesn't bother me as I have maps, Spotify etc all in one spot and can be controlled with steering wheel or "OK Google" I have it installed about 8 months now, any questions just shout.
I have had 1 cheap from eBay, and 1 more expensive CC3. with both I've had same issues. I was getting no sound. Audio 20 with HK system. Whats your stock setup?
Old 05-17-2022, 06:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
C63 AMG 2010
Hi,
​​​Suddenly my audio quality changed to complete crap, just from one day to another.

I have been experimenting around with the audio settings. The quality is becoming better, but still far from how it used to be.

Playing music from the old command system works perfectly fine and quality is good so it's some issues with the screen.

Have tried to reach out to Chris without to much help as this is the firs version and he dosent have any instructions or documents left to support this unit?? And as I'm not the owner who did the installation I don't have any of these documents.

If anyone have the instructions please PM me, and I'm also very curious about the settings you have for this screen:

Old 06-10-2022, 06:36 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
C63 AMG 2010
Originally Posted by Norway_amg
Hi,
​​​Suddenly my audio quality changed to complete crap, just from one day to another.

I have been experimenting around with the audio settings. The quality is becoming better, but still far from how it used to be.

Playing music from the old command system works perfectly fine and quality is good so it's some issues with the screen.

Have tried to reach out to Chris without to much help as this is the firs version and he dosent have any instructions or documents left to support this unit?? And as I'm not the owner who did the installation I don't have any of these documents.

If anyone have the instructions please PM me, and I'm also very curious about the settings you have for this screen:
No one with HK system that could hjelp take a picture of their settings? Or share the installation manual?
Old 06-15-2022, 03:40 AM

2012 C250 Coupe

I have the 12” unit but the business I purchased from off Amazon forgot to send the mounting bracket for the screen, so they sent me another
new unit, and that one also didn’t have a mounting bracket. Now I have 2 kits for the W204, but for the price of one. Anyways, do you know where I can get the bracket, or should I just have a stereo shop make one for me? They make fiberglass moldings, so figured they could think of something. If you have any info on what I can do, please lmk asap. -Thanks.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
I know somebody in this Facebook group posted that he does a custom bracket because the new units bracket is way too high. Just browse the messages and you will most likely find the guy.
https://facebook.com/groups/androidheadunits/

Originally Posted by Robert Watson

I have the 12” unit but the business I purchased from off Amazon forgot to send the mounting bracket for the screen, so they sent me another
new unit, and that one also didn’t have a mounting bracket. Now I have 2 kits for the W204, but for the price of one. Anyways, do you know where I can get the bracket, or should I just have a stereo shop make one for me? They make fiberglass moldings, so figured they could think of something. If you have any info on what I can do, please lmk asap. -Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
BobbyRocksville (06-21-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 11:58 AM

C63
Originally Posted by aznmode
Oh I know I can reset it haha. I haven't reset it in a while. Keep forgetting to do it when I change oil. I've just been changing oil every 10k and haven't relied on the reminder. I also have a reminder that I have a faulty fog light I ignore.
Old post on the thread, but I have also installed the Roadtop 10.25" Screen in my W204. In regards to the Service A reminder, has anyone had issues resetting via the steering wheel instructions since installing the Roadtop Screen? I cannot seem to get into the menu to reset the service reminder since installing.

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot to turn off radio and have door closed.

Last edited by top_santo; 06-27-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:28 PM

2014 GLK 250
Originally Posted by zyprexa

Update on the CarPlay issue. The adapter box I got from DMP Audio was not compatible. I got the version from Ungarish and it seems to be working perfectly.

Anyone have any success tethering the iPhone hotspot via USB to the android unit VS creating a wifi hotspot? With the iPhone wifi hotspot, it does not show up as an available network until I enter the hotspot screen under settings on iPhone. It would be nice if it were more seamless and auto-connect without having to manipulate the iPhone.

EDIT:
Any tips on how to update the CarPlay adapter box? It says the box adapter is too low and needs update via U disk.
zyprexa - Did you resolve your issue? I have the same problem box version does not match it dates back to 2017. I see you tried few steps, can you PM or share how you resolved the issue?
Old 07-30-2022, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes c300
UI System Has Stopped

Good evening,

Recently I got an “Unfortunately, System UI has Stopped” may someone help me fix this please
Old 12-15-2022, 03:08 PM

2008 GLK350
Originally Posted by Palom0
My aftermarket backup camera view has a menu on the side with three icons (a circle arrow, a brightness lamp, and a button to move the active guidelines).
The first two don't do anything and the guidelines adjustment is useless as it gets reset every time I turn on the car back again.

As far as I could find:
- The aftermarket backup Camera generates the video image and a set of fixed guidelines (the three-colored guides in the pic)
- The OEM radio generates the center yellow guidelines (that move with the steering) and the 3 left-side icons you can see in the pic.
- The Android 10.25" Screen (RoadTop) puts all the above together and adds the car's parking sensors proximity status (car image on the pic)

Any idea if the three side icons can be turned off and if there's a way to make the guidelines adjustment permanent?
Thank you.

Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? I see that there's possibility to turn off both lines (Android lines in settings and camera's lines by cutting one wire), but it's not best solution to end with no lines. I prefer to set these Android lines manually to be correct. It's Android so probably it's possible but did anyone manage how to solve this?
Old 01-27-2023, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts
2010 c300
Hey guys Op here. Sorry to bring up an old thread. I managed to find a v2 with android 8.1 to replace my slow 1 app at a time v1 android 5. Couldn't pass up on the price. I also prefer these older square cornered ones so i stuck with it.

But anyone have update higher than v24? V24 i believe is the update to 8.1 which this already have. From what im gathering online there is also v35 and v40? This v2 unit is from Carlife according to the person i bought it from. So if anyone have a carlife-mall update, plesse let me know. TIA!
Old 04-19-2023, 11:27 AM

Mercedes cla 180 d 2014
Monitor 10.25

Ragazzi ho bisogno di aiuto se è possibile.. Ho appena aggiornato la mia unità 10.25 alla versione v41... Ma nell'aggiornare non mi sono reso conto che la risoluzione del file era di 1280x480.. Ma lo schermo ha una risoluzione 1280x720... Adesso lo schermo fa tante onde... E non riesco proprio a lavorarci.... Qualcuno ha un file da mettere per dargli la risoluzione giusta? Io purtroppo non ho Facebook e quindi non posso entrare nella vostra pagina dedicata... Qualcuno mi può aiutare? Grazie
Old 11-21-2023, 01:39 AM

Black W204
Removing the bracket on NTG4.0

I just installed mine but I’m not getting sound from anything except the radio. I need to remove everything but not sure what to take off first. Does anyone know how to remove this bracket?

Old 11-25-2023, 06:22 PM

Black W204
Whining noise after taping wires together

I connected a reverse camera to the head unit last night and taped some of the wires together to tidy things up. However, when I turned the radio on this morning, there was a whining noise coming through the speakers. Do you know what wires might be causing this to happen?
Old 11-27-2023, 01:54 AM

w204facelift
Long time listener, first time caller

I ran into a lot of trouble with fitting the extra cable harness and being able to slide the COMAND unit back in place.

Came across this youtube video and it helped me a lot. Thought I'd share it here: