C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Passenger seat stuck on track 2010 c300. Parts help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 c300
Passenger seat stuck on track 2010 c300. Parts help?

Hello I was wondering if anyone would know what to call the part or parts that comes off the power seat motor it goes from the seat motor into the holes on the track? Or where to find parts? The motor runs fine but trying to move back only one side it connected it wants to twist the seat so I looked and I see a metal piece that looks kind of like a small drill bit or a thin metal rod only way to describe it but it comes right from the motor and should be going into a hole on the seat track but it’s just spinning... not sure if something broke off or just came out of the hole on the track I’m sure it broke. So would be great if I could get some advice on the set up and maybe info about parts it’s like the shaft only on one side broke. Thank you very much!!
Old 02-16-2020, 07:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, 6M, Dynamic Handling Pack
LOL I was just looking into the same issue today. It must be really common. Apparently what happens is the motor for the forward/aft movement of the seat powers both sides of the seat. The bracket it's mounted on is flimsy, so if something gets caught underneath (a water bottle, etc.) and the seat is moved and bends this bracket, then you are SOL because the track on one side won't be engaged by the motor. Even if the thin "shaft" is spinning in the hole, if it's not deep enough in it's not going to engage the wormgear on the rail. Apparently there is an aftermarket bracket that can be used, but it is $500 and I don't know if it's available anymore.

The following video explains everything very clearly.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:55 PM

BTW here is the part. https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...pn=007-006-INT It's really a racket. For $538 + shipping, I'd rather not have the power seat ability. With the seat bottom off, you might be able to jimmy the motor enough to get it working to put it in a good position for most purposes. Then disconnect the wiring for the seat base. That's what I did. Passengers can still recline and raise/lower the seat. Just not move forward and back.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:59 PM

2010 c300
Re

Hey thank you for helping LOL what a pain in the *** I see what happened now the damn Plastic rail that holds electric plugs or up broke and then the seat ran it over!! crazy it can destroy the seat like that one time
Old 02-16-2020, 08:03 PM

That is exactly what happened to me and I was dealing with it literally today! See my photos below. I ended up ziptieing the bracket to the front. Luckily this was not my driver's seat. If it were I'd be totally screwed because my car is a manual and I need to be able to reach the clutch pedal. That or I'd need to buy some clogs to drive around with.

Oh, also mine was missing one of those rubber grommet-like things. So the motor was flopping around loose.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:05 PM

2010 c300
Originally Posted by DrivingForce
BTW here is the part. https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...pn=007-006-INT It's really a racket. For $538 + shipping, I'd rather not have the power seat ability. With the seat bottom off, you might be able to jimmy the motor enough to get it working to put it in a good position for most purposes. Then disconnect the wiring for the seat base. That's what I did. Passengers can still recline and raise/lower the seat. Just not move forward and back.
Hey thank you for looking into that I was just thinking maybe where I see that shaft sticking out of the motor still it’s spinning I wonder if I can get it back into the hole that on that wheel/gear or wondering did it snapped off The seats kind of far up that’s what pisses me off I can’t stand it I want to move it back some just can’t believe that broke that easy what a pain in the ***!! thought there might be some way to get it to move back maybe Then I don’t care I’ll leave the damn thing but thanks a lot I really appreciate the help
Old 02-16-2020, 08:11 PM

2010 c300
Yes that is exactly what happened to me yesterday I have never move that damn seat all the way up like that I was looking for something I lost one time only I’ve done that and the damn seat broke but yeah that screw shaft it might’ve snapped off you can see it in your picture and yes definitely going to zip tie that up it’s Caught under the motor right now I see exactly what happened So hoping maybe I could bend that frame back a little bit and get the shaft to go back and hopefully just to get the seat to move back even with the driver seat and yes lucky it’s not my driver seat also LOL still makes me crazy I can’t stand it way up far like that!! Thanks a lot for that picture it’s great I can see what I’m looking at a better
The following users liked this post:
DrivingForce (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 08:13 PM

I don't think the screw shaft will snap off. It's not fixed on either side. It just slides in there. I removed the short one a few times to try to jimmy with the bracket. You may have some luck trying to get it to work temporarily. I thought I had fixed it and then put everything back together ready to give myself a pat on the back. Then I pushed the seat all the way forward to test it and then I really had problems!!! And that was after the wiring harness bracket was out of the way!
Old 02-16-2020, 08:18 PM

2010 c300
And right here in your picture does this just plug right into the metal track? it literally just moved my motor out of the way a little and that Shaft came out and it’s spinning and scratching the paint on the rail it’s almost like I could get it back into where it needs to go if I fix that frame the motor sits on. just don’t believe a plastic damn thing screwed my whole seat
Old 02-16-2020, 08:24 PM

2010 c300
OK cool I see what you mean now it wouldn’t snap off it kind of just looks like that plastic piece got so wedged under the motor at lifted the motor and then that screw just popped right out of the hole That plastic bar is wedged under that motor like crazy so hopefully if I bend The frame back that the motor sits on and get it even Might get it to work some I really appreciate all your help. The seat is already up to close as long as I can get it to move back I will never touch it again LOL thanks a lot
Old 02-16-2020, 11:45 PM

Haha, glad you at least got to a place where you can live with it! Unfortunately there are no good options here!
Old 02-03-2023, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 W204
That is exactly what happened to me and I was dealing with it literally today! See my photos below. I ended up ziptieing the bracket to the front. Luckily this was not my driver's seat. If it were I'd be totally screwed because my car is a manual and I need to be able to reach the clutch pedal. That or I'd need to buy some clogs to drive around with.

Oh, also mine was missing one of those rubber grommet-like things. So the motor was flopping around loose.
Hey, so I am having an issue where the left side of my passenger seat is completely out of the rail (it is pushed forwards out of the rail). I am not able to unscrew the bolt that is underneath that rail (top left), nor am I able to push the rail back into the track. I have taken the seat apart and yes my plastic motor bracket is broken as well but not lodged into the track. It does not look like there is anything stuck in the track either so I am not sure why it would push out of the rail like that but it did. Now I am confused about what to do next... whether to try to take the entire seat apart and out and replace it with a new seat, or to try to force the rail back into the track and fix the motor to run properly. Either way I dont know how to go about this so if anyone would have any advice or videos or help on either solution it would be much appreciated and very helpful. Thank you.
Old 06-14-2024, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 MB E350 Coupe
I had the same issue.

I found that the drive shaft is flexible enough to bend it after you slide the motor back withoutout removeing the zip tie. You can then reinsert it into the hole in the track. Study the other seat to see the exact hole it gointo. It fixed my problem that was created from a filled water bottle. It has now happened again and I was smart enough to pucture the bottle to remove it and now the entire drive shart is out and I am trying to assess it . Im not sure if it's designed to come out from the motor end or not. My Big advice is to puncture the water bottle if that's the cause and do not try to get it out full.