C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

command screen upgrade recommendations for 2013 c300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C-300
command screen upgrade recommendations for 2013 c300

Hi, I have a 2013 c-300 and the current command screen feels lacking, I’m looking for a tablet screen to install so I can have features like backup camera, car play, maps and even phone mirror if possible, but I’m not sure what to get, so I wanted to know what y’all would recommend, or possibly see what y’all installed
Old 04-28-2024, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DashLynx.com
I wouldn't recommend upgrading to these tablet screens. Here are a few things to consider about them, whether you pay $100, $1000, or $2000. They all come from the same factory overseas, mainly in China. Most of these screens use very cheap LCD panels, and since they sit on top of the dashboard, they weren't designed to handle direct sunlight. They also run on low-quality processors that use the Android system, similar to what's found in high-end tablets. Trying to run that software can make these screens unreliable, especially since Android isn't a real-time operating system. That's where a lot of glitches come from in the car.

You already have everything you need in your car if you just want Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Just get a wireless CarPlay and a backup camera. There's no point in changing your screen for a bigger one that constantly glitches, needs resetting, and usually fails within six months.

We can offer you a product that comes with a lifetime warranty, made in the USA, where you can speak to a real person. Do you have any questions before buying, during installation, or about changing your screen for that particular car? Because you already have a beautiful digital display in the car as it is.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:59 AM

2013 C-300
Originally Posted by DashLynx
I wouldn't recommend upgrading to these tablet screens. Here are a few things to consider about them, whether you pay $100, $1000, or $2000. They all come from the same factory overseas, mainly in China. Most of these screens use very cheap LCD panels, and since they sit on top of the dashboard, they weren't designed to handle direct sunlight. They also run on low-quality processors that use the Android system, similar to what's found in high-end tablets. Trying to run that software can make these screens unreliable, especially since Android isn't a real-time operating system. That's where a lot of glitches come from in the car.

You already have everything you need in your car if you just want Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Just get a wireless CarPlay and a backup camera. There's no point in changing your screen for a bigger one that constantly glitches, needs resetting, and usually fails within six months.

We can offer you a product that comes with a lifetime warranty, made in the USA, where you can speak to a real person. Do you have any questions before buying, during installation, or about changing your screen for that particular car? Because you already have a beautiful digital display in the car as it is.

what is the product that you’re talking about?

i need the screen because the one I have looks very dated, and it’s small too so navigation would be somewhat hard
Old 04-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Exclamation carplay c 300

Originally Posted by Yousif_no_audio
what is the product that you’re talking about?

i need the screen because the one I have looks very dated, and it’s small too so navigation would be somewhat hard
Sometimes, people think a bigger screen automatically means a clearer picture or more information visible, but that's not the case.

Resolution is determined by the number of pixels on the screen. A higher resolution means more pixels, which can display finer details. So, even if you have a large screen, if the resolution remains the same then the same amount of information is spread across a larger area.

In the context of a car screen, a bigger display might not necessarily show more information if the resolution remains constant. Instead, you might just see the same information but in a larger format, which could make it easier to read or interact with, but won't necessarily provide additional content.

So, when choosing a car screen, it's essential to consider both the screen size and resolution together for the best viewing experience.

Even though your factory screen may be smaller, upgrading to a larger screen doesn't necessarily mean you'll see more information. It's important to consider that you're likely comparing it to your factory's outdated navigation system. The way CarPlay is designed, it's optimized for a 7-inch screen in the car, so even with a larger screen, you may not necessarily gain additional information
Old 05-06-2024, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
https://carlinklife.com/products/wir...reverse-camera
Enjoy $30 OFF + Worldwide Free shipping ! (USE CODE: mbworld )
Only for mbworld forum members!

Old 05-06-2024, 11:03 PM

2013 C-300
Sometimes, people think a bigger screen automatically means a clearer picture or more information visible, but that's not the case.

Resolution is determined by the number of pixels on the screen. A higher resolution means more pixels, which can display finer details. So, even if you have a large screen, if the resolution remains the same then the same amount of information is spread across a larger area.

In the context of a car screen, a bigger display might not necessarily show more information if the resolution remains constant. Instead, you might just see the same information but in a larger format, which could make it easier to read or interact with, but won't necessarily provide additional content.

So, when choosing a car screen, it's essential to consider both the screen size and resolution together for the best viewing experience.

Even though your factory screen may be smaller, upgrading to a larger screen doesn't necessarily mean you'll see more information. It's important to consider that you're likely comparing it to your factory's outdated navigation system. The way CarPlay is designed, it's optimized for a 7-inch screen in the car, so even with a larger screen, you may not necessarily gain additional information

ok but can you tell me about that product that you mentioned earlier? How do you connect this wireless adapter? How can I get CarPlay without changing the screen?
Old 05-07-2024, 06:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@Yousif_no_audio
Hi, check our this Android Screen:https://www.carputech.com/products/1...reo-multimedia
Main Features:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (SM6115) Processor:
High-performance Octa-Core processor.
Android 13.0: Enjoy the latest Android 13 operating system for state of the art performance.
Wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto: Connect your smartphone wirelessly or wired for a seamless, familiar interface.
HD Display (1080P - 1920x720): Experience stunning clarity and visuals on your choice of 10.25" or 12.3" screens.
Quick Boot Time and Responsive Touch Screen: No more waiting; get going instantly.
Rear Camera Support / 360 Camera Support.
Compatible with Factory Equipment: Command Knob / Steering Wheel Controls / Original Radio Display / Rear Camera: Retain control of all the cars original features.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
ok but can you tell me about that product that you mentioned earlier? How do you connect this wireless adapter? How can I get CarPlay without changing the screen?
This interface is made in the USA and comes with a five-year warranty. You also get technical support and a phone number to call if you need help, with someone right here in the USA to talk to. It lets you add Apple CarPlay to your current screen and control it using the joystick in your center console.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:56 AM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
Hi, I have a 2013 c-300 and the current command screen feels lacking, I’m looking for a tablet screen to install so I can have features like backup camera, car play, maps and even phone mirror if possible, but I’m not sure what to get, so I wanted to know what y’all would recommend, or possibly see what y’all installed
@Yousif_no_audio check these guys out.

This is what i am going to buy when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

https://shoptfb.com/products/ntg-5-1...41102074478777

I've done a bunch of research and this kit looks the most legit and OEM.

Ant
Old 05-09-2024, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by antboii
@Yousif_no_audio check these guys out.

This is what i am going to buy when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

https://shoptfb.com/products/ntg-5-1...41102074478777

I've done a bunch of research and this kit looks the most legit and OEM.

Ant
Made in China for $521 and comes with one year warranty, if the product is so good why the warranty is only one year ?
Old 05-09-2024, 11:39 PM

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Made in China for $521 and comes with one year warranty, if the product is so good why the warranty is only one year ?
Post the demo to your product so we can compare for ourselves.
The following users liked this post:
antboii (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 06:51 AM

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
@DashLynx 1 year warrantys are pretty standard. That's the one I would get, because I don't want some dumb screen coming out of my dash. I want to keep the OEM screen because it works for me and I want to keep the OEM look.

The kit that I would choose Is sleek and discreet. No extra screens needed. ALL PLUG AND PLAY. Another reason why I would get it. Not saying yours isn't but I'm not interested in a kit like yours.

To each there own but that's why I would choose it.

@DashLynx I suggest you change that attitude if you want to produce more sales because, what you said and how it came across makes me not want to buy your product and definitely not recommend it.

Ant

Old 05-10-2024, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by antboii
@DashLynx 1 year warrantys are pretty standard. That's the one I would get, because I don't want some dumb screen coming out of my dash. I want to keep the OEM screen because it works for me and I want to keep the OEM look.

The kit that I would choose Is sleek and discreet. No extra screens needed. ALL PLUG AND PLAY. Another reason why I would get it. Not saying yours isn't but I'm not interested in a kit like yours.

To each there own but that's why I would choose it.

@DashLynx I suggest you change that attitude if you want to produce more sales because, what you said and how it came across makes me not want to buy your product and definitely not recommend it.

Ant
So, in case there was any confusion about the product, what you see on that website is a product from China that is most likely some sort of poorly engineered copy of our product. Based on the pictures, it doesn't have a single automotive connector on it. We do not offer replacement screens; we provide hideaway modules that are plug-and-play, made in the USA, with a lifetime warranty on the hideaway modules built out of the best components possible.

By the way, it's not normal for a hideaway module to have a one-year warranty. When you buy a car, depending on the vehicle, you can have a warranty for, say, 4 years. Basically, if the product was so good, they would offer you a four-year warranty. But here's the kicker: the product you're going to buy does not come with automotive connectors, and that's pretty big.

This company sells them from Australia, but they're really module form China. Who are you going to call for technical support? Does it cover all the things that should be considered when purchasing products like that?
Old 05-10-2024, 01:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
So, in case there was any confusion about the product, what you see on that website is a product from China that is most likely some sort of poorly engineered copy of our product. Based on the pictures, it doesn't have a single automotive connector on it. We do not offer replacement screens; we provide hideaway modules that are plug-and-play, made in the USA, with a lifetime warranty on the hideaway modules built out of the best components possible.

By the way, it's not normal for a hideaway module to have a one-year warranty. When you buy a car, depending on the vehicle, you can have a warranty for, say, 4 years. Basically, if the product was so good, they would offer you a four-year warranty. But here's the kicker: the product you're going to buy does not come with automotive connectors, and that's pretty big.

This company sells them from Australia, but they're really module form China. Who are you going to call for technical support? Does it cover all the things that should be considered when purchasing products like that?
Any videos on a W204 (or Mercedes, for that matter) that you can share with the group? Not interested in that generic demo from your website. Which needs some sprucing up, btw if you're serious about getting hits. I know you say it's made in the USA, but that website is the one screaming "China".
Old 05-10-2024, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by cvx5832
Any videos on a W204 (or Mercedes, for that matter) that you can share with the group? Not interested in that generic demo from your website. Which needs some sprucing up, btw if you're serious about getting hits. I know you say it's made in the USA, but that website is the one screaming "China".
Yeah, we're planning to put up some videos. The demo on the website It's specifically for cars with built-in CarPlay, the website was designed to give information with a very clean look and if you read line by line you understand what the product can do