C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Official w204 thread - Updated 01/17/07 (Last page - Official Press Release)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by MBC320X
Jap is short for Japanese just as Amer is short for American, Swede is short for Swedish, etc. etc. I don't have time to type everything out, nor should I have to. If you don't like it, don't read it. I don't see anyone aorund here getting pissed off that people type Swede.

And, BTW, I spend some time on a motorcycle forums and everyone uses Jap for short because a large majority of the bikes are made in Japan and most of the people there don't even think twice about it which is probably why I didn't.
I agree. Turn the PC **** off folks. Why do you have to assume the worst intentions.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
Originally Posted by JDM
I agree, especially in this day and age...it can be hard though, as many of us grew up hearing our grandfathers refering to anything built over seas that way..probably no intention of rascism..

of course not. Racism was all but eradicated in our grandparents' days...
Old 04-04-2006, 02:48 AM

AMG
Very nice and elegant , much better than the current C
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 AM

2006 C230 SS
'08 C

the '08 C = NO WAY Very bland, and the back looks like a Daewoo
Old 04-04-2006, 07:56 PM

C32
Maybe MBWorld.org didn't exist back in '00, but those were some of the comments made, just like how the last gen S-class adopted "Camry-like taillights". Again, I will believe it when I see it.

As far as I can tell there are no rules disallowing the use of non-PC words. Last I've checked tuscanraider got banned for using n**.

So terms potentially deemed offensive to all other races are acceptable. Let the bashing continue!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Damn that CLS and it's effects. I don't like it cause I hate the CLS and subsequently the S-class and now this. Good God, someone needs to kick this guy's *** like they should do to Bangle.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 GLC 43
Originally Posted by Outland
I agree. Turn the PC **** off folks. Why do you have to assume the worst intentions.

oh I dont know, maybe because most people who use those terms are racist *******s perhaps? if you dont respect other people and who they are then what the **** value do YOU have?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Almost a Member!

The front looks OK but the back does look like a Japanese car.

I'm Asian and I take offense to word 'Jap' because it's intended as derogatory in the context in which everyone is using the term. When you say "that looks like a Jap car." The term is not just an abbreviation for 'Japanese', it also infers inferiority.

If you think the Japanese are inferior that's your opinion, but don't pretend that opinion is not rooted in racism.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Originally Posted by C_Wagon
The front looks OK but the back does look like a Japanese car.

I'm Asian and I take offense to word 'Jap' because it's intended as derogatory in the context in which everyone is using the term. When you say "that looks like a Jap car." The term is not just an abbreviation for 'Japanese', it also infers inferiority.

If you think the Japanese are inferior that's your opinion, but don't pretend that opinion is not rooted in racism.
Shut your mouth and know your role buddy. You just made probably the stupidest comment i've ever read on these boards!! Who the hell do you think you are?? People aren't here to be racists! They're here to talk about cars! I'm sure whoever said it looks like a Jap car, didn't mean it in a racist manner, and was by no means trying to disgrace you, nor your race.

It's people like you who create racism on these boards. Take a hike!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:47 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
This thread should be closed and deleted...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Originally Posted by mj50
still looks like Baby S to me...
MLK looks much better compared to X3
Agreed
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM

05' C230K S.S.
I don't know... it's not that bad, I've seen better but then again I really don't ever like much of anything when they first come out then the damn things grow on me, when the new A4's came out in 02' I think, I hated them, now they're one of my favorite bodystyles. They did mention it was to have the allmighty 6.3 *** whooper, but just wait till the aftermarket peeps start with the bodykits, in my opinion alot of cars look better with a good bodykit, it's like putting gel in your hair to tone down a bad haircut, I'm sure Brabus, Wald, Lorinser, Rieger & others won't let us down, besides, when you got mid 400 ponies pullin' your chariot who cares what the damn thing looks like!

P.S. - Racism sux people, I see it on BOTH SIDES of the river, it's bred from ignorance, lack of education & tolerance - whoever poseses it.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by 1sikbenz
I don't know... it's not that bad, I've seen better but then again I really don't ever like much of anything when they first come out then the damn things grow on me, when the new A4's came out in 02' I think, I hated them, now they're one of my favorite bodystyles. They did mention it was to have the allmighty 6.3 *** whooper, but just wait till the aftermarket peeps start with the bodykits, in my opinion alot of cars look better with a good bodykit, it's like putting gel in your hair to tone down a bad haircut, I'm sure Brabus, Wald, Lorinser, Rieger & others won't let us down, besides, when you got mid 400 ponies pullin' your chariot who cares what the damn thing looks like!

P.S. - Racism sux people, I see it on BOTH SIDES of the river, it's bred from ignorance, lack of education & tolerance - whoever poseses it.
I partially agree with 1sikbenz. I think the new C from these photos won't be too bad. Still, I don't like the Audi A4s that much. And personally, I'm too conservative for aftermarket body kits. If it doesn't come the way I like it to come, then I don't buy it; that's my motto.

Then again, I might move on from Mercedes-Benz.

I totally agree with 1sikbenz's post script. It's ALL ABOUT A LACK OF EDUCATION. Where I'm from, I see the neavou riche with their big cars all the time often blaring their rap music through the windows. I wonder if they learned anything about decency from their parents. Can't stand poorly educated people. It's the only thing I'm snobby about and I'm not afraid to admit it.

This thread reminds me of the American Concentration Camps. Shudder...
Old 05-02-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sauceboy01
Shut your mouth and know your role buddy. You just made probably the stupidest comment i've ever read on these boards!! Who the hell do you think you are?? People aren't here to be racists! They're here to talk about cars! I'm sure whoever said it looks like a Jap car, didn't mean it in a racist manner, and was by no means trying to disgrace you, nor your race.

It's people like you who create racism on these boards.
Take a hike!
Sorry to say to but white people kill me when they say this (and it is only white people who do this). Dude has no clue who made the initial comment but he is convinced that it was made without any malice whatsoever. And to add insult to injury, he accuses the person who ojected to the racist term of being a racist. Ain't life grand?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mick1
well, if the W204 doesn't turn out good, there's the 2008 Audi A5

I think i felt a stirring in my pants. I like the bold approach Audi has been making
Old 05-02-2006, 02:25 PM

05' C230K S.S.
What's that Audi's drive train gonna be like? - It looks kinda big, is it bigger than the A4, I guess it would be, it's an A5 right?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:28 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
mmmm I hope thats a W12 under that large hood
Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by anonymouse
the front is bland and the rear looks like an Acura CL.
Bingo! You just beat me to it
Old 05-02-2006, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
It's no wonder I stopped frequenting this C Class forum. A bunch of whining, runny nosed kids who can't keep their minds on the cars if there is an opportunity to whine.
"Mommy! He used a word that in the eyes of some self conscious child like me, could have a perceived negative connotation, so naturally I assumed the negative."
Grow up!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by anonymouse
Sorry to say to but white people kill me when they say this (and it is only white people who do this). Dude has no clue who made the initial comment but he is convinced that it was made without any malice whatsoever. And to add insult to injury, he accuses the person who ojected to the racist term of being a racist. Ain't life grand?
And that ain't racist???
Old 05-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by tyro
And that ain't racist???
Only if he used the term as derogative.

But your'e right, he shouldn't assume the jackass who made the comment was white. Regardless of "Sauceboy01"s color it was a jackass comment.

Because I get offended by the use of 'Jap' as a derogative, I should be censored. I guess you guys are too young to remember the American 'Japs' who were sent to camps during WW2.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by digital_b
oh I dont know, maybe because most people who use those terms are racist *******s perhaps? if you dont respect other people and who they are then what the **** value do YOU have?
Uh, whatever. The **** goes on both side the fence. Its been my observation that the people most concerned about this are either folks looking to make a lawsuit out of something, or some white guy overcompensating so people don't think he's a racist. Mr Holy than thou...there's always one. And when there is any discussion of asian brand autos, someone always plays this card. And youve been trolling for it since you got here. Captain Lexus on deck, prepare for Lexus propaganda and PC correctness training.

Being oversensitive and pointing out everything you think is racist or offensive is just bull****... people say or post things pretty often that for one reason or another someone else isn't gonna like. People say things every frickin day that's offensive...to me, to you...to someone. Some of its gender based, some of its ignorance, some of its frustration, some of it is just joking around, some of it is just people being people, and yes, some of it is racist. That's life. I don't disagree with much of the sentiment here, but I don't think we all have the right to assume there's malice or its intentionally meant to degrade or insult someone. This is the internet. You don't always have the full picture based on often quickly typed responses.

But You want to discuss racism. Fine. Its off topic and belongs there. Some actual car discussion would nice now.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by davis449
Damn that CLS and it's effects. I don't like it cause I hate the CLS and subsequently the S-class and now this. Good God, someone needs to kick this guy's *** like they should do to Bangle.
I'm no fan of the new S. Its not elegant from any angle. I'd go so far as to I'd rather have the 7series, the car that people like to point to as the first sign of the german styling apocalypse. And, cover your ears, I think Bangle is actually a pretty smart guy, but just not the guy for BMW. The cars he's crafted are interesting...the Z4, the 6 series, the 1 series Coupe(if it ever materializes on the showroom floor)but not always beautiful(5 series, new 3).
And many of them would look more at home in a Pontiac showroom than a BMW one.

The CLS, I do like, very much. Same with the new SLK, save the F1 nose...I think it would have looked better with the twin hood buldges from the original 300SL, like the first SLK had.

The best looking new car out there? Its American. The Saturn SKY...wow, what a looker.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 AM

2010 C300
Originally Posted by Outland
The best looking new car out there? Its American. The Saturn SKY...wow, what a looker.
I second that - and when they release the turbo version... that'll be a fun one to have. May not be the fastest out there, but with a turbo there's always room for easy, inexpensive (compared to ours) upgrades!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Own by dad: 03 MB E320, 01 MB C180, 99 MB C180, 95 MB C180
Some more spy photos of the new C-class!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...d-new-spy-pics

Got a new interior shot and photos with the current c next to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
My say:

Looks like the designers ran out of ideas. the speedo looks like it's from the current e. and isn't audi have the same centre screen design? (if i remember correctly) but i'm sure they don't want to have the same design as the S becos then they need to have two different dash for the same model like the bmw's 3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official w204 thread - Updated 01/17/07 (Last page - Official Press Release)