C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Discount challenge!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
Originally Posted by jmr986
OK my turn!

Looking to lease. C300 MSRP $48,320 (USD) discount (drum roll) $4,612 or 9.5%! I am really surprised for a car so new. Was about to pull the trigger on a 528 (selling below invoice for a 2014) but I HAVE to try the c300. IMHO this is a good deal.
please share dealer info or pm. TIA
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I assume it is harder to get similar discount for C400 due less supply
Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Originally Posted by Dema
I assume it is harder to get similar discount for C400 due less supply
I was thinking the opposite. Less demand thus supply for 400. Hence more discount?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
One thing to note about Canadian MB Dealers. They are not independent owned and operated but rather, owned and operated by Mercedes Benz Canada.
You can get quotes from multiple dealers but they are not allowed to low ball each other. They can sell you on their personal service, proximity to home/work etc.
I think if you already have a relationship with a particular dealer and salesperson, then he/she should be doing everything to get you into another MB.
For those leasing, there is the Pull Ahead program for certain "qualified" leased MB.
An example of this "qualified" vehicle; the W204 4Matic sedan is qualified but not a non 4Matic or any W204 Coupe. For those unfamiliar with the program it basically waves up to your last 4 payments on your existing lease and gives you a .75% lease discount on the advertised rate. So long as you get into a new lease with at least one payment left on your existing lease.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by Leslielp
One thing to note about Canadian MB Dealers. They are not independent owned and operated but rather, owned and operated by Mercedes Benz Canada.
You can get quotes from multiple dealers but they are not allowed to low ball each other. They can sell you on their personal service, proximity to home/work etc.
I think if you already have a relationship with a particular dealer and salesperson, then he/she should be doing everything to get you into another MB.
For those leasing, there is the Pull Ahead program for certain "qualified" leased MB.
An example of this "qualified" vehicle; the W204 4Matic sedan is qualified but not a non 4Matic or any W204 Coupe. For those unfamiliar with the program it basically waves up to your last 4 payments on your existing lease and gives you a .75% lease discount on the advertised rate. So long as you get into a new lease with at least one payment left on your existing lease.
This is not correct. There are corporate stores and privately operated franchises in Canada . mb Durham for example is a franchise. This is where I placed my order. My employer has a exclusive discount arranged with that franchise that is not applicable at other locations and corporate stores
Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
This is not correct. There are corporate stores and privately operated franchises in Canada . mb Durham for example is a franchise. This is where I placed my order. My employer has a exclusive discount arranged with that franchise that is not applicable at other locations and corporate stores

I stand corrected , the vast majority of MB dealerships are franchised owned. As of last year MB owned just under 25% of all Canadian dealerships.
7 in the GTA and 4 out in Vancouver and 1 in Montreal.
For me those 7 in the GTA sort of represent the entire playing field.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by Dyim
I was thinking the opposite. Less demand thus supply for 400. Hence more discount?
I plan to visit a dealer in next two weeks and get a quote, so I will update you guys. More likely we should wait until BF for a good discount.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 PM

Black C300
Mercedes Durham...but my discount was because of a fleet discount partnership program with my employer
How much fleet discount did you get? also, do you know when will MB revise the fleet discounts for C class? MY14's C class fleet discount is $2500!!! I was kinda expecting to see the same number for MY15. I'm thinking MB will revise this number in few months. If so, the discount will be awesome!! 5% + additional $2500!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:01 AM

ML350
Originally Posted by E350-Bluetec
Got $3011.00 also from a GTA dealership on C400...

Anyone needs a hook up let me know...
Please let me know as well. Thank you!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:41 AM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Leslielp
So which dealer did you dealt with? Thx.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:51 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by mailrup
How much fleet discount did you get? also, do you know when will MB revise the fleet discounts for C class? MY14's C class fleet discount is $2500!!! I was kinda expecting to see the same number for MY15. I'm thinking MB will revise this number in few months. If so, the discount will be awesome!! 5% + additional $2500!!!
My total discount as arranged by my employer was dealer cost plus 5% or roughly 5% off. Additional factory discounts, promotions, and interest rates, would also apply on top of my discount but there were no factory discounts/promotions at the time since it was a new model.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:25 PM

W205
Newbie to this forum here.

Just placed my order yesterday for a fairly loaded C400. Discount came out to 8% + $500 off for pending incentive. East coast New England.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:54 PM

2015 C 300
Originally Posted by floridadriver
USAA= $500 discount (per the dealer)
Per their website, it looks like USAA's discount is now up to $2,000 for the W205.

I test drove today and the dealer seemed to indicate they haven't been selling quite as fast as they thought they would. She said they just put a $1,500 incentive on them for October.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Wow, thanks for pointing that out! I notice that there are plenty of C's sitting on dealer lots, most of them not very loaded with options.

I'm a little perplexed why they don't start the RWD versions for USA now. They're making them in other factories, but aren't making other versions available here there. Hopefully it will yield higher reliability/durability. If they're going to deliver RWD January after the Christmas week shut down, they should be taking orders now, right? And if they don't show up until March, other players will be at the table.

I'm not an MBUSA executive, nor do I play one on TV, but seems at this price point to offer as many customizable options as possible may have brought more buyers already. I get the sense that many people love this car, see the value in a really luxurious car in a smaller package, but aren't able to spend their hard earned money yet because their 'variation' isn't available, got postponed, etc.

Last edited by floridadriver; 10-04-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
Originally Posted by E350-Bluetec
Got $3011.00 also from a GTA dealership on C400...

Anyone needs a hook up let me know...
Hey,

Can you please let me know where you placed your order?

Also, just as an FYI for folks comparing Canadian and American cars. I noticed that the price of the Canadian car for the same specs(almost) were always cheaper than the American counterpart. Like if I built a car on the online configurator, converted to CAD and then reduce from that price the Canadian cost for that feature, the Canadian car was cheaper. My reasoning for why Canadians haven't been able to get a good discount

To truly understand how much we saved, I think we need to standardize the saving to a common currency - I say Canadian Dollar

Last edited by rogerfrancis14; 10-07-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Go Leafs Go!!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
My local dealers didn't have anything in stock or inbound that I was willing to accept so I got one of them to agree to a $6k discount with my order. I got what I believe to be a very good deal...my wife on the other hand just sees a $50k+ car on the horizon! The only downside is that I won't have the car until December, possibly January.

Oh yeah...and these are good old 'murrican dollars I'm talking about!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by rogerfrancis14
Hey,

Also, just as an FYI for folks comparing Canadian and American cars. I noticed that the price of the Canadian car for the same specs(almost) were always cheaper than the American counterpart. Like if I built a car on the online configurator, converted to CAD and then reduce from that price the Canadian cost for that feature, the Canadian car was cheaper. My reasoning for why Canadians haven't been able to get a good discount

To truly understand how much we saved, I think we need to standardize the saving to a common currency - I say Canadian Dollar
How about % off retail. Post the $ too because that's helpful but to convert to Canadian dollars is asking a bit much of folks. I think that Canadians aren't getting the bigger discounts like US costumers because prices are controlled but Mercedes Canada and the greater number of corporate stores in the major markets like Toronto. They own 7 in the greater Toronto area, with franchise dealers on the periphery.

Last edited by vols1; 10-07-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:00 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by rogerfrancis14
Hey,

That is not true... The US website quotes prices with the transportation charges included. The Canadian website does not. There is a another 3k of freight, pdi, and administrative charges to add to the prices quoted on the Canadian website.....and then there is tax!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 PM

W205
Originally Posted by Capt Slo
My local dealers didn't have anything in stock or inbound that I was willing to accept so I got one of them to agree to a $6k discount with my order. I got what I believe to be a very good deal...my wife on the other hand just sees a $50k+ car on the horizon! The only downside is that I won't have the car until December, possibly January.

Wow.. sounds fantastic! That's what, about 10%+ off?? Which region are you in?
Old 10-07-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by jclboston
Wow.. sounds fantastic! That's what, about 10%+ off?? Which region are you in?
$51k MSRP so about 12%

I'm in Colorado.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:20 PM

altima
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Capt Slo

Wow.... you saved good $$$ for yourself. Can you please pm me the dealer details!

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
Yea, the percentage works great too. Forgot about that in my excitement

But when I bought my car, I dealt with both a corporate and non-corporate store. The non-corporate store went as far as 4% (which eventually the corporate store matched - I went with them since they are close to me). I'm unsure if I could only get that much due to my lack of bargaining skills. But I felt like I hit a wall at that point with the non-corporate store(which I get the impression is more willing to give a discount)

Last edited by rogerfrancis14; 10-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:25 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
That is not true... The US website quotes prices with the transportation charges included. The Canadian website does not. There is a another 3k of freight, pdi, and administrative charges to add to the prices quoted on the Canadian website.....and then there is tax!
Hey,
Yea i guess your right. I totally forgot about the freight. And its also so much less!

So from my understanding, is 5.5% the most anyone has got from a Canadian dealer?

I got mine for 4.13% percent (we worked out a dollar amount), $2185 without any fleet discounts/incentives. I checked for University of Toronto discounts, but I found nothing.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
I want to buy this car, but the lack of discounts really dampens my enthusiasm. Here in South Florida the discount is basically zero. I can fly to anywhere in the world for free, so I wouldn't mind driving it back home a thousand miles or so if I could save $5,000. Any advice? Also, I will need to order it because I could never find a car with all the specs I want on a lot.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
Any military or family of veterans can join USAA and get a substantial discount.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W205 Discount challenge!