C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

What We've Learned About the Future of the C-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What We've Learned About the Future of the C-Class

The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is only a small part of the product marketing offensive the company is currently in. However, it’s one of the company’s most popular product lines. Some automotive writers got the chance to drive the 2015 C-Class recently. During their day spent with reps from the company, they were able to glean some information on what’s due to happen for the C-Class product line in the next few years.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
ujs

2015 W205 C300 4matic
I'm waiting for the diesel-hybrid, C300 bluetec hybrid 4matic. Will drive the standard C300 until then. Been waiting for years now. Get it here already!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Audi S4
I want a luxury, fuel efficient, small sized vehicle. 31 mpg does not cut it in 2015.

MB, please bring the diesel C-class to the US soon!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by ujs
I'm waiting for the diesel-hybrid, C300 bluetec hybrid 4matic. Will drive the standard C300 until then. Been waiting for years now. Get it here already!
Which country are you in? If it's the US, I wouldn't hold my breath....
Old 09-12-2014, 03:00 PM
ujs

2015 W205 C300 4matic
US. That's why I'm leasing a C300. Gave myself 3 years.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by ujs
US. That's why I'm leasing a C300. Gave myself 3 years.
We in the US (not necessarily the people on this board, though) want such weird things. Why do crossovers sell better than wagons??? Why does anyone buy a Nissan Juke???

Additionally, I imagine the diesel-hybrid powertrain(s) must be horrifically expensive; doubt that even MB can make a business case for subsidizing the cost (as they apparently already do w/ the regular diesels?).

I personally would love to see a diesel W205 wagon here in the US, but it ain't gonna happen. =(
Old 09-12-2014, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Mercedes isn't going to sell a diesel-electric hybrid here in the U.S. It would be too expensive.

M
Old 09-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
It's really a shame that the US does not see the full range. But markets are different & I was part of a study as to why the B Class had no place in the US market.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:57 AM

Volvo V70, C300 soon
Originally Posted by alsyli
We in the US (not necessarily the people on this board, though) want such weird things. Why do crossovers sell better than wagons??? Why does anyone buy a Nissan Juke???
Exactly. Americans want interesting vehicles. The Juke is interesting. Can you name a non-crossover that is half as interesting as the Juke?

The Volkswagen GTI does well in the USA. The Mini does well in the USA. The Kia Soul does well (although this new generation has grown so much that it might be considered a crossover now). One needs to look no further than Toyota's Scion sub brand. Their first generation cars, like the xB, were quirky and interesting and sold about as well as anyone could have predicted. Buyers loved them. The second generation cars were more refined, more grown up and, well, more boring. And they aren't selling. The FT86 is a wonderfully brilliant car for driving mountain and canyon roads. But put one in the traffic of the suburbs or the city and you feel like you're driving a Corolla while sitting on the floor. Say what you will about the Mustang, but it doesn't feel like a low-rent economy car when you're in a traffic jam.

The American market for boring cars is large, and there are a number of cars that are really, truly excellent at being boring cars. American car buyers are a lot smarter than many car executives give them credit for. They buy cars that are well-suited for their situations and desires. When an automaker slaps a thin veneer of "interesting" on top of something that is otherwise not so, they see right through it. Crossovers get a lot of development resources these days, so the customer is getting a product with a lot of thought behind it. They can appreciate that. When an automaker puts just as much development resources behind a non-crossover, it shows. And customers can appreciate that, too.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by highrise
Exactly. Americans want interesting vehicles. The Juke is interesting. Can you name a non-crossover that is half as interesting as the Juke?

The Volkswagen GTI does well in the USA. The Mini does well in the USA. The Kia Soul does well (although this new generation has grown so much that it might be considered a crossover now). One needs to look no further than Toyota's Scion sub brand. Their first generation cars, like the xB, were quirky and interesting and sold about as well as anyone could have predicted. Buyers loved them. The second generation cars were more refined, more grown up and, well, more boring. And they aren't selling. The FT86 is a wonderfully brilliant car for driving mountain and canyon roads. But put one in the traffic of the suburbs or the city and you feel like you're driving a Corolla while sitting on the floor. Say what you will about the Mustang, but it doesn't feel like a low-rent economy car when you're in a traffic jam.

The American market for boring cars is large, and there are a number of cars that are really, truly excellent at being boring cars. American car buyers are a lot smarter than many car executives give them credit for. They buy cars that are well-suited for their situations and desires. When an automaker slaps a thin veneer of "interesting" on top of something that is otherwise not so, they see right through it. Crossovers get a lot of development resources these days, so the customer is getting a product with a lot of thought behind it. They can appreciate that. When an automaker puts just as much development resources behind a non-crossover, it shows. And customers can appreciate that, too.

Brilliant post!

M
Old 09-13-2014, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
I think the Jeep Cherokee is a pretty interesting cross over. Im certainly surprised I see so many on the road

Last edited by joshg1001; 09-14-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by joshg1001
I think the Jeep Cherokee is a pretty iterating cross over. Im certainly surprised I see so many on the road
America is full of Narcisists. 90% of us just want attention so they buy the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, RR etc, or they buy the loud AMG's the ///Ms etc.
For those that can't afford those vehicles they buy the vehicles that no one wants and will get attention for the ugly/weirdness of it. The Jukes, the Cherokee, etc. For those that can't afford a new vehicle they buy a used common car (Chargers, Camaro, Mustang, etc.) and install some attention grabbing mods. Loud paint, oversized rims, loud stereo etc...
Fact!