C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Spotted in Aus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Spotted in Aus

Hi guys. I'm waiting in anticipation for the delivery of my new baby. Over the last couple of weeks I have been wondering something though. As the anticipation builds you tend to look for any other fellow 205 drivers.

To my dismay I haven't been able to spot one yet round Sydney. I know a Neighbour that has one in the garage but apart from that spotting is slim pickings.

Have you guys been able to spot many examples in your respective cities? Please let us know as well as your city.

Last edited by jkyriakou; 01-07-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 PM

c250
did not see any in brisbane till a couple weeks before Chrstmas but since then I have spotted about 10 around and one on truck heading to dealer this morning so a shipment must have arrived mid december Mine is due mis feb
r
Originally Posted by jkyriakou
Hi guys. I'm waiting in anticipation for the delivery of my new baby. Over the last couple of weeks I have been wondering something though. As the anticipation builds you tend to look for any other fellow 205 drivers.

To my dismay I haven't been able to spot one yet round Sydney. I know a Neighbour that has one in the garage but apart from that spotting is slim pickings.

Have you guys been able to spot many examples in your respective cities? Please let us know as well as your city.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts
W205 C250BT
They are still far and few between. I've seen a couple in around Brisbane city and south side, but always silver so it could have been same car. I think Kanaka and I will be doing victory laps around town very soon now
Old 01-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250
I have been spotting them since Oct. and they are more of more of them, where I could see 2 on a 5 mins drive to the local shops, and definitely on daily basis.

MB has been selling around 800 per month, best seller in its segment by far.

Join the c class thread on the Aus whirlpool forum for more localised discussions.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350

Here in San Francisco it's like a mad storm of them increasing week-to-week. I'm seeing far more W205s then I did W204s when they were first released. They are selling like hot cakes here and it's great to see the success of the model. Beautiful car no doubt. I cannot WAIT for the C450 AMG Sport. That's going to be the C-halo product that's going to drive even more sales. Then followed by the AMG C63 that's going to be the biggest game changer yet.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by Croc
I have been spotting them since Oct. and they are more of more of them, where I could see 2 on a 5 mins drive to the local shops, and definitely on daily basis.

MB has been selling around 800 per month, best seller in its segment by far.

Join the c class thread on the Aus whirlpool forum for more localised discussions.
Thnx Croc.

Yeah I'm looking out for them but struggling. I commute from The south of Sydney to the far north every day. You would think I would spot them. I will keep trying. Makes me think it's an exclusive piece of real estate here!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 179 Likes on 146 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
I presume that they are a pretty awful price in Aus? I used to live in Wollstonecraft, Sydney.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
I presume that they are a pretty awful price in Aus? I used to live in Wollstonecraft, Sydney.
Mine was $85k with options. Nowhere near what I would have paid for it in the states
Old 01-07-2015, 10:04 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Awful is right! ... courtesy of all our lovely taxes that were designed to "Protect" our local car manufacturing apparently. Not to mention that the industry has collapsed and even Toyota is on the verge of pulling out. There's been no talk of reducing the many taxes they lump us with though.

At least MB decided to really equip the cars very well in OEM trim for the W205. Many of the items that are optional in Europe and the US were included here in the basic package. There are only 5 engine variants to choose from - all 4cyl (C200 & C250 petrol, C200BT & C250BT diesel, and one diesel/electro Hybrid - C300BTH); plus 5 option packs for various trim & equipment levels. We didn't get the V6 and all cars are rear wheel drive.

My car, as you see in the sig, is close to what you'd call fully loaded in the US; only thing I'm missing is the TV module. Downside of that is that retail on-road was priced at >95 grand AUD (I paid 90 and over 17 grand of that is taxes, fees and charges!). MB is still very much a luxury item over here because of all that.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:23 AM

X253 GLC63S
I've seen 5-10 around Brisbane but it could be the same ones. I drive past the dealer daily so it could be people going for test drives. I've seen blue, black, white, silver and I think red.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DBOC205
Awful is right! ... courtesy of all our lovely taxes that were designed to "Protect" our local car manufacturing apparently. Not to mention that the industry has collapsed and even Toyota is on the verge of pulling out. There's been no talk of reducing the many taxes they lump us with though.

At least MB decided to really equip the cars very well in OEM trim for the W205. Many of the items that are optional in Europe and the US were included here in the basic package. There are only 5 engine variants to choose from - all 4cyl (C200 & C250 petrol, C200BT & C250BT diesel, and one diesel/electro Hybrid - C300BTH); plus 5 option packs for various trim & equipment levels. We didn't get the V6 and all cars are rear wheel drive.

My car, as you see in the sig, is close to what you'd call fully loaded in the US; only thing I'm missing is the TV module. Downside of that is that retail on-road was priced at >95 grand AUD (I paid 90 and over 17 grand of that is taxes, fees and charges!). MB is still very much a luxury item over here because of all that.
Yes ~ we pay very high prices although not quite as bad as Aus. I know your tax system. Our cars too come very well appointed standard.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 AM

C250 (W205) Diamond White
Originally Posted by JT25
I've seen 5-10 around Brisbane but it could be the same ones. I drive past the dealer daily so it could be people going for test drives. I've seen blue, black, white, silver and I think red.
Maybe you've seen me!!

I am on the Northside, but spend a fair bit of time in Brisbane city.

I have seen a few around too, only white, black and dark blue.

They do look really good on the road!!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

They do look good on the road! I find myself letting them pass me so I can trail them & have a good look. Somehow a different experience to the showroom floor.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by CJW070
Maybe you've seen me!!
I am on the Northside, but spend a fair bit of time in Brisbane city.
I saw a white W205 going down Mary St the other day ... matched the look of your Avatar pic.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:17 PM

2015 C250 W205 - AMG
Originally Posted by DBOC205
I saw a white W205 going down Mary St the other day ... matched the look of your Avatar pic.
That could have been me also, I work in Bowen Hills and a regular in the city. I have a white AMG pack the same in the pic. I havent seen too many around either, only seen a blue and another white one.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:12 AM

Mercedes C250 (W205)
Ok, who was driving their black w205 down the eastlink freeway in Melbourne around 4.45 today??....
Your car is dirty and needs a wash!! Nuff said!! :-P
Old 01-16-2015, 06:31 AM

C250 (W205) Diamond White
Spotted a dark blue C250 today on Margaret street Brisbane.

Number plate ended in 888

anyone here??
Old 01-16-2015, 08:01 AM

C250 W205 in Polar White
Congrats! What are you getting?
I'm waiting on my C250 due to arrive by the end if this month. Can't wait!!

If you are in Sydney and you drive around North Shore you'll see some w205s around - though most of them are avantgarde not many with AMG line!!

Old 01-19-2015, 02:22 AM

Lol. I finally saw one. Polar white, avangarde. I took its parking spot outside St George hospital.

I don't admire the avantegarde trim in white. Reminds me of a wedding car with the chrome on the side.

I digress. I finally SAW One!
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 AM

C250 W205 in Polar White
So excited!!

I got a call from dealership, my C250 should be ready for delivery by the end of next week.

I can't wait..... :-) (big smile)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by SirC250
So excited!!

I got a call from dealership, my C250 should be ready for delivery by the end of next week.

I can't wait..... :-) (big smile)
Mine arrived at the dealer Tuesday. Just organizing predelivery and finance. If I'm lucky it's mine next week! I'm seeing more in the road now. I notice there are c200s more than c250s.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:42 AM

C250 W205 in Polar White
Talking

Your C250 must have been on the same cargo ship (TOREADOR) as mine.

We might see each other on the road!

Mine arrived at the dealer Tuesday. Just organizing predelivery and finance. If I'm lucky it's mine next week! I'm seeing more in the road now. I notice there are c200s more than c250s.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Interested in the price in aus. Am based in france and have just ordered an estate S205. Price in euros 64000 before discount. Have selected a couple of packs and several options. Metallic paint, the old man grill with automatic louvre (to my eyes looks like a proper merc), airmatic, 360 camera, burmester, and the full driving assist package. Think the options are about 9500 of the cost. But the car is not fully equipped so no command, memory seats or keylessgo. It is a 250 diesel 4matic.

So it seems to me aus is not that dear in relation to france which is similarly expensive, especially compared to the uk and in particular america where cars seem ridiculously cheap.......or are they, what are the average income levels?

We do have a better option list here in france over the uk but take airmatic 1350 euro here 895 sterling in the uk. At the current euro sterling exchange rate it is dearer here. Average salaries are possibly higher in the uk too, but housing costs are way above france so the average uk person probably has less disposable income.......but you do see plenty of mercs here especially older ones.

Be interesting if someone could prepare one of those comparative tables showing the no of hours worked in each country to buy a merc they tend to give a more meaningful comparison than price alone.

My car is expected in May, will be sorry to see the glk go but the new one is arriving a bit late and I rather like the new c.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:21 PM

Talking

Here she is just arrived at the dealership.

Hasn't been cleaned up or predelivery done yet. I noticed she sits much lower than the normal suspension. Also noticed the taillights misaligned.

Hopefully will be fixed by the time I get delivery.
Attached Thumbnails Spotted in Aus-image.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 PM

W205 C250BT
Here she is just arrived at the dealership.

Hasn't been cleaned up or predelivery done yet. I noticed she sits much lower than the normal suspension. Also noticed the taillights misaligned.

Hopefully will be fixed by the time I get delivery.
There's been a couple reports now that I've read about Oz cars having the tail light issue - not nice.

Anyway, congrats on your new ride. Hopefully by end of next week I finally join the club, although I've been given prior warning that there may be some delays with customs. I've lined up a pre-delivery check with the dealer to see whether I can live with the wrong trim panels or whether we swap them out - I'm still undecided.

P.S. > Nice parking by the wedgroup guy in the disabled spot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spotted in Aus