C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

UK Options Missing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2015 | 02:19 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Thanks!

I have seen those pictures before - I just thought it was a trim option on the inside for the UK.

Still a bit annoyed that ventilated seats are unavailable for the UK. That blank button irks me slightly - especially since I just watched a review of the new C from the US and the blank button was filled for ventillated seats. It looks more complete that way.

It's just a small annoyance, I'll get over it. I wonder if the MB dealer can specifically ask for that option? Highly doubt it. Hmmm.
I was so annoyed I couldn't get the 19" black alloys - it seems we are the only country not to get them and like you say the factory where the car is built is putting those wheels on many other cars it's sending out - massively frustrating. I asked my dealer the question a few times, he just said it's not on his system for a factory build so couldn't order them - what was even more frustrating is they are a bloody aftermarket accessory yet you can't have them on the build.
Old 01-09-2015 | 03:02 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Climatised, heated, ventilated, leather front seats in SA are R18,000 option on 205. In GBP = 1000. It's all or nothing here.
Yeah I've seen it as a package everywhere so it's annoying that the ventilated part of the package is removed for the UK. Thanks for the information Glyn.
Old 01-09-2015 | 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
I was so annoyed I couldn't get the 19" black alloys - it seems we are the only country not to get them and like you say the factory where the car is built is putting those wheels on many other cars it's sending out - massively frustrating. I asked my dealer the question a few times, he just said it's not on his system for a factory build so couldn't order them - what was even more frustrating is they are a bloody aftermarket accessory yet you can't have them on the build.
Have you asked them to contact the factory or MB UK? It's seems very silly. In your case it's even easier since its just the alloys!
Old 01-09-2015 | 06:42 PM

'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
I do realise we are spoilt in SA. Having the plant here as long as we tick the box & pay the plant tries really hard to deliver what customers want.
You're lucky. In Japan, they have a very specific list of option packages and it's impossible to change things up. No ventilated seats for us, either. I really was looking forward to that feature.
Old 01-10-2015 | 12:00 AM

A180 / On order S205
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
It seems really odd that the car won't have these options fitted even if Sweden doesn't make connect me available yet as I understood from the press releases all MY15 models had the com module (06U) fitted as standard as this is what allows the sos etc to work. Also I thought the remote online services was standard with COMAND. Are you sure the car will not have these options and it's just the connect me app and options that come with it is not being rolled out yet in Sweden?
This is what I thougt was happening, but similiar to the other post about the black wheels, since it's not available in Sweden the dealer does not see it in the system and thats according to him the end of this story. I too thought the car would have the components but the feature would remain unavailable until the system went online, but sad to say thats not what's happening. Regardng the sos button system Sweden is not a part of this european sos system and I think that is the whole issue here. I would love to get my hands on that pressrelease, that gives me some hope, do you have a link?
Old 01-10-2015 | 10:25 AM

A180 / On order S205
Just for the fun of it I downloaded the Swedish brochure for the S-class. And there it states that Mercedes ME (Connect me) is only available in German and in English. I dont mind for one second to have my interface in english but this further fuels my frustration cause now it seems it's just a software issue that the software has not been translated into a swedish version with swedish interface yet. I dont mind an english interface haha!
Old 01-10-2015 | 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
They had better sort out a Mandarin version in a hurry!
Old 01-10-2015 | 11:53 AM

A180 / On order S205
They had better sort out a Mandarin version in a hurry!

That probably will happen before the swedish version since we are such a small market, and China is a huge market.
Old 01-10-2015 | 05:04 PM

*repeat post*
Old 01-10-2015 | 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by whkento
You're lucky. In Japan, they have a very specific list of option packages and it's impossible to change things up. No ventilated seats for us, either. I really was looking forward to that feature.
That sucks! I hope I have better luck...
Old 01-11-2015 | 04:51 AM

'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
That sucks! I hope I have better luck...
...wishing you luck with that...