C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

UK Options Missing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015 | 05:09 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
UK Options Missing?

I'm doing some research before I pull the trigger on the new W205. I have been pricing a new one up on the (rather clunky) website configurator. After reading many of the threads here I've noticed that the UK Options list is missing, among other things, the ventilated seats.

Is this correct or am I missing a trick? Anyone with more information?

Another options missing include the black 19" AMG alloys - which doesn't bother me as much.
Old 01-08-2015 | 06:01 PM

W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
I'm doing some research before I pull the trigger on the new W205. I have been pricing a new one up on the (rather clunky) website configurator. After reading many of the threads here I've noticed that the UK Options list is missing, among other things, the ventilated seats.

Is this correct or am I missing a trick? Anyone with more information?
At present I don't believe ventilated seats are an option here in the UK. I've got ventilated seats in my current Lexus IS250, but I've very rarely used them during the 5.5 years I've had the car so I won't miss them in the W205 I've just ordered. Also based on the pictures in the UK brochure, it seems Artico seats are perforated but leather seats are not and so presumably wouldn't be suitable for ventilated seats.
Old 01-08-2015 | 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Roger Bill
At present I don't believe ventilated seats are an option here in the UK. I've got ventilated seats in my current Lexus IS250, but I've very rarely used them during the 5.5 years I've had the car so I won't miss them in the W205 I've just ordered. Also based on the pictures in the UK brochure, it seems Artico seats are perforated but leather seats are not and so presumably wouldn't be suitable for ventilated seats.
Thanks for the info. A minor bug is the blank button on the door panel where the ventilated seats button would be... I suppose it isn't an vital option - more of a 'good to have' rather than critical. I tend to fully spec my cars when I buy them so this one will be the same.

On my previous W205 I found that the black leathers used to get very hot on a very hot summer's day so the cooled seats would have been good for this. Perhaps with the red seats it won't be as bad.
Old 01-08-2015 | 06:09 PM

Also I see that we can't get the Acoustic Glass for the windscreen & side windows? Again not really an issue. I'm just working out the nuances of the UK spec in comparison to the RotW.
Old 01-08-2015 | 06:34 PM

Also I see that we can't get the Acoustic Glass for the windscreen & side windows? Again not really an issue. I'm just working out the nuances of the UK spec in comparison to the RotW.
I think that's probably correct, although I did read somewhere that windscreens for the HUD option are made from acoustic glass. However, I'm not sure whether this applies to cars destined for the UK and, if so, whether you'd then also get acoustic glass for the side windows or, if not, whether just having acoustic glass for the windscreen would yield much of a benefit.
Old 01-08-2015 | 06:44 PM

I think that's probably correct, although I did read somewhere that windscreens for the HUD option are made from acoustic glass. However, I'm not sure whether this applies to cars destined for the UK and, if so, whether you'd then also get acoustic glass for the side windows or, if not, whether just having acoustic glass for the windscreen would yield much of a benefit.
That's good to know. To be fair it's not my list of must haves as I'll normally have some music on, but from what I read it will be ~ $/£ 300 to have this in so the marginal costs in getting it on a new car will probably mean this box is ticked if it were available.
Old 01-08-2015 | 07:09 PM

That's good to know. To be fair it's not my list of must haves as I'll normally have some music on, but from what I read it will be ~ $/£ 300 to have this in so the marginal costs in getting it on a new car will probably mean this box is ticked if it were available.
Having ordered one with a petrol engine, like you, it's not a must have but having test driven a C250 I think acoustic glass would be much more of a benefit with diesel engined cars.
Old 01-08-2015 | 07:23 PM

Having ordered one with a petrol engine, like you, it's not a must have but having test driven a C250 I think acoustic glass would be much more of a benefit with diesel engined cars.
Fair point. If it's not available then there is not much I/we can do. If things change before I order then I will revist the options list...

(MB look I'm trying to give you money here... Give me the ventilated seats and acoustic glass!)
Old 01-08-2015 | 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
For some daft reason MBUK decided not to make the Exclusive available to you either.
Old 01-09-2015 | 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
For some daft reason MBUK decided not to make the Exclusive available to you either.
What is the "Exclusive"?

*opens google*

EDIT: Price list says it's available on the C63S

Exclusive package

ARTICO leather² dashboard and door beltlines in nappa leather look with contrast stitching

Is this right? The dash is already Artico from what I remember, and door beltlines in nappa leather look? Not really worried about that being missing. I'd hate it more if some of the gadgets were missing...

Glyn - are the leather seats nappa leather?

Last edited by Mr Enigma; 01-09-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2015 | 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Yes they are nappa leather.

This is an Exclusive. Diesel Hybrid pictured but available with most diesel & petrol configurations in SA & ROW. (Commonly known as a Luxury in the US). Your UK models are a special build for the SA plant that are a sort of Avantgarde/Sport hybrid concocted by MBUK.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 01-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2015 | 08:15 AM

Oh ok. So it's a trim level?

Thanks Glyn. Good to know. Although AMG line for me...

Side question, I know the media unit is MP3 compatible, and can play DVDs, but can you play video media from a USB stick?

EDIT: Found the answer on this forum. COMAND lets you play MP4 files from USB. Great!

Last edited by Mr Enigma; 01-09-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2015 | 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Oh ok. So it's a trim level?
Sort of. Traditional grill & hood star/bonnet star. More chrome. More luxurious interior, leather etc.
Old 01-09-2015 | 08:40 AM

Sort of. Traditional grill & hood star/bonnet star. More chrome. More luxurious interior, leather etc.
Any pictures of the different interior? I google doesn't seem to have any/many...
Old 01-09-2015 | 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Old 01-09-2015 | 09:08 AM

Thanks!

I have seen those pictures before - I just thought it was a trim option on the inside for the UK.

Still a bit annoyed that ventilated seats are unavailable for the UK. That blank button irks me slightly - especially since I just watched a review of the new C from the US and the blank button was filled for ventillated seats. It looks more complete that way.

It's just a small annoyance, I'll get over it. I wonder if the MB dealer can specifically ask for that option? Highly doubt it. Hmmm.
Old 01-09-2015 | 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

If you are asking for a car to be specifically built for you I see no good reason why you could not ask for it.

I think the MBUK approach has been short sighted. There is still the traditionalist customer base that likes the proper grill & hoodstar & thinks the grill star belongs on SL's, Coupes & Cabs. I'm one of them. I think the traditional grill integrates better with the styling & mini S Class look.

At the same time I understand the demographic that prefers the younger sportier look. I just believe that both should be offered to maximise sales. The supplying plant is already building them all.
Old 01-09-2015 | 10:55 AM

A180 / On order S205
Today is a sad day for me.... I cancelled my order on the S205. I spoke to my dealer again today and I could not get the car fitted with 05U & 06U (connect me). So now I will just have to sit tight and wait for someone inside Mercedes to change their mind and greenlit theese options for the Swedish market (if they ever will). Just soooo frustrating that they have published theese options in the Swedish PR brochure and that some of the items I wanted was available in the older official price list but in the revised one they have deleted some of options I wanted.
Old 01-09-2015 | 11:14 AM

If you are asking for a car to be specifically built for you I see no good reason why you could not ask for it.

I think the MBUK approach has been short sighted. There is still the traditionalist customer base that likes the proper grill & hoodstar & thinks the grill star belongs on SL's, Coupes & Cabs. I'm one of them. I think the traditional grill integrates better with the styling & mini S Class look.

At the same time I understand the demographic that prefers the younger sportier look. I just believe that both should be offered to maximise sales. The supplying plant is already building them all.
I agree with your comments about the star. This should be at least an option, albeit it doesn't relate to me as I prefer the AMG styling.

Perhaps this is based on the sales of the W204 - if only a small number of the W204s were built with the traditional star on the hood then they could have perceived this as a reducing trend for future models. So scrapping the option of providing it on the newer models was a business decision, although from what you say it seems like it was a pointless one.

I will speak to my local dealer to see what he says about getting the ventilated seats when I order the car. It will be a car built especially for me but I still doubt they will easily accommodate this.
Old 01-09-2015 | 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by A Odman
Today is a sad day for me.... I cancelled my order on the S205. I spoke to my dealer again today and I could not get the car fitted with 05U & 06U (connect me). So now I will just have to sit tight and wait for someone inside Mercedes to change their mind and greenlit theese options for the Swedish market (if they ever will). Just soooo frustrating that they have published theese options in the Swedish PR brochure and that some of the items I wanted was available in the older official price list but in the revised one they have deleted some of options I wanted.
Are both option codes for connect me?
Old 01-09-2015 | 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

I agree with your comments about the star. This should be at least an option, albeit it doesn't relate to me as I prefer the AMG styling.

Perhaps this is based on the sales of the W204 - if only a small number of the W204s were built with the traditional star on the hood then they could have perceived this as a reducing trend for future models. So scrapping the option of providing it on the newer models was a business decision, although from what you say it seems like it was a pointless one.

I will speak to my local dealer to see what he says about getting the ventilated seats when I order the car. It will be a car built especially for me but I still doubt they will easily accommodate this.
The split in SA is about 50/50%. While I'm in the UK fairly often I don't know what the W204 split would have been there.

I do realise we are spoilt in SA. Having the plant here as long as we tick the box & pay the plant tries really hard to deliver what customers want.
Old 01-09-2015 | 12:35 PM

The split in SA is about 50/50%. While I'm in the UK fairly often I don't know what the W204 split would have been there.

I do realise we are spoilt in SA. Having the plant here as long as we tick the box & pay the plant tries really hard to deliver what customers want.
I'm sure I'll look out for it more but I tend to see the new sportier grill on the C rather than hood ornament. I would guess that the split is more in the region of 90/10 towards the sportier look.

I've asked my MB contact and he is going to investigate getting the ventilated seats. He originally thought this wasn't possible because it isn't a UK option but I said that the seats are produced in the same plant so this should be an easy task.

Out of interest, do you have any idea on the marginal price between heated only vs heated & ventilated seats?
Old 01-09-2015 | 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Climatised, heated, ventilated, leather front seats in SA are R18,000 option on 205. In GBP = 1000. It's all or nothing here.
Old 01-09-2015 | 01:59 PM

A180 / On order S205
Are both option codes for connect me?
05U is remote online, a feature start the engine heater and collect data from the car and so on, 06U is the communications module so this one is required to get 05U to work, at least this is how I have understood it.
Old 01-09-2015 | 02:15 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by A Odman
It seems really odd that the car won't have these options fitted even if Sweden doesn't make connect me available yet as I understood from the press releases all MY15 models had the com module (06U) fitted as standard as this is what allows the sos etc to work. Also I thought the remote online services was standard with COMAND. Are you sure the car will not have these options and it's just the connect me app and options that come with it is not being rolled out yet in Sweden?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UK Options Missing?