C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:03 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by YashaR8
So, if things pan out with the ongoing acquisition, I'm planning to tint, with a saddle brown interior, to 35%, the legal limit in MA. Will post some pics when the purchase happens.

But let me back up for a minute. Went to the dealership today and was expecting, based on all our prior conversations to zero in on a pre-existing palladium or order a steel grey. However, the first car i noticed in person was a C63 in polar white, and damn was that color stunning in person for the first time. Coming from a white car, like you, Inhartwetrust, the last thing I was expecting was to want another white one, but on a merc like this one, its a totally different ballgame, so there it is. Wouldn't you know it, one of their remaining in-stock C450s was a polar white nearly-loaded one, with the black optics package, and black wheels...I think I'm hooked.
Polar white looks amazing in person, I love the color, especially with the night package and black wheels (that was my exact original order, plus the panoroof making the roof black) -- my primary reason, even moreso than the fact that I own a polar white-ish car currently, is that everyone else really likes Polar White too. That means that 50% of the C-Classes I see in my area are Polar White it seems. Another 30% are black, 10% silver, and the remaining 10% is a mix of any number of the remaining colors.

To help you in your decision, something that may make it easier -- I don't think you can order Palladium or Steel Gray on the C450's anymore, the ordering window for these colors is closed. From what I understand, the day I changed mine from Polar White to Steel Gray late last week on a wimb was the last day (or second to last?) MB was accepting orders for C450s in Steel Grey. It was then taken off the website, and orders began being rejected.

Either way, both colors look stunning in person on the C450. Both colors look great with the Saddle Brown (one more bold than the other). You seem to have had love at first sight on with Polar White, so that might be your best bet...just have to deliberate if having a very "common" car will both you. You always notice it more once you own it, they say, and within a week of me putting my order in I noticed it a TON more...some people wouldn't care, some people it would drive nuts. I was the later. Either way, it's a sick *** car.

Pearl White is also a great color, but IMO that color looks better on a CLS or E class, so I'm going to save it for a future purchase. Sellentite Grey is a good color, too, but not available on the 2016's...it sounds like it will be available for the 2017 C43s though.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Polar white looks amazing in person, I love the color, especially with the night package and black wheels (that was my exact original order, plus the panoroof making the roof black) -- my primary reason, even moreso than the fact that I own a polar white-ish car currently, is that everyone else really likes Polar White too. That means that 50% of the C-Classes I see in my area are Polar White it seems. Another 30% are black, 10% silver, and the remaining 10% is a mix of any number of the remaining colors.

To help you in your decision, something that may make it easier -- I don't think you can order Palladium or Steel Gray on the C450's anymore, the ordering window for these colors is closed. From what I understand, the day I changed mine from Polar White to Steel Gray late last week on a wimb was the last day (or second to last?) MB was accepting orders for C450s in Steel Grey. It was then taken off the website, and orders began being rejected.

Either way, both colors look stunning in person on the C450. Both colors look great with the Saddle Brown (one more bold than the other). You seem to have had love at first sight on with Polar White, so that might be your best bet...just have to deliberate if having a very "common" car will both you. You always notice it more once you own it, they say, and within a week of me putting my order in I noticed it a TON more...some people wouldn't care, some people it would drive nuts. I was the later. Either way, it's a sick *** car.

Pearl White is also a great color, but IMO that color looks better on a CLS or E class, so I'm going to save it for a future purchase. Sellentite Grey is a good color, too, but not available on the 2016's...it sounds like it will be available for the 2017 C43s though.
Definitely can't go wrong there for sure. The steel grey looked amazing in person as well. I do see many black and white Mercedes, but the perception of common vs. rare never really mattered to me, per se. I think I've already convinced myself though, that the next one will be steel grey, or whatever futuristic color will be available a few years from now
Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450
Hey guys, been driving my 450 for the last couple of weeks now, and am lovin' the car!

Though, there's one thing that I absolutely can't stand, and I want to know if others have experienced this or if there's something perhaps defective with mine...

When I'm using the car's speakers when talking to someone on the phone, there's an AWFUL vibration buzz coming from somewhere on the driver-side door. I honestly can't tell where exactly it's coming from - if it's coming from the Burmester tweeter itself (though any music sounds absolutely fine!) or somewhere along the door itself...

I think I read another thread awhile ago of someone complaining about a buzzing or rattling sound on the door while listening to music... but I couldn't see anyone specifically mentioning a terrible buzzing/vibrating noise only when on a call...

I'm most definitely going to talk to the dealership about this, but first wanted to get a sense if others have experienced this too.

Thanks so much!
Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ashap
Hey guys, been driving my 450 for the last couple of weeks now, and am lovin' the car!

Though, there's one thing that I absolutely can't stand, and I want to know if others have experienced this or if there's something perhaps defective with mine...

When I'm using the car's speakers when talking to someone on the phone, there's an AWFUL vibration buzz coming from somewhere on the driver-side door. I honestly can't tell where exactly it's coming from - if it's coming from the Burmester tweeter itself (though any music sounds absolutely fine!) or somewhere along the door itself...

I think I read another thread awhile ago of someone complaining about a buzzing or rattling sound on the door while listening to music... but I couldn't see anyone specifically mentioning a terrible buzzing/vibrating noise only when on a call...

I'm most definitely going to talk to the dealership about this, but first wanted to get a sense if others have experienced this too.

Thanks so much!
I get the buzz from my center dash speaker, as well as when I'm listening to talk radio
Old 04-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Any word from Cajun today on the exhaust?
Old 04-08-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by bushido_427
Just installed the video in motion unlock from bimmerguru.com. I believe dvdinmotion.com also offers a similar solution. Customer service was excellent and I got the unlock software the same day; ordered yesterday afternoon and received it at night. Shot the video of the review this morning

cajun1689, feel free to link to this in your site.
Thanks for sharing.

On the C63 forum of this site, seems like dvdinmotion has been doing group buys for the similar software. For whatever reason, the company only wants that buy to be for C63 (why not other W205 C-classes, I can't begin to guess). Not sure if enough people are interested, but if they are, maybe we can put together one for C450, or hopefully add in C400 and C300 as well. I have no need to watch video in the car, but unlocking the nav for the passenger to operate seems like a good plan.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
For inhartwetrust, hope this helps some. Saddle Brown with Palladium.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by ashap

Thanks so much!
Happened in my '14 C300, dealership replaced my speaker, end of story.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
For inhartwetrust, hope this helps some. Saddle Brown with Palladium.

[IMG]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1473/26317035195_925a04572c_b.jpg[IMG]
Looks FANTASTIC, thanks for taking that dude!

Also, a fellow member here, Utan104, was kind enough to send me some pics of his steel grey with saddle brown C63:

I'm definitely very happy with my choice. To my eye the Saddle Brown pairs very well with Palladium, Steel Grey, and Selenite Grey.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:17 AM

The Infamous C450
Looks FANTASTIC, thanks for taking that dude!

Also, a fellow member here, Utan104, was kind enough to send me some pics of his steel grey with saddle brown C63:

I'm definitely very happy with my choice. To my eye the Saddle Brown pairs very well with Palladium, Steel Grey, and Selenite Grey.
MmmMm, yummy!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:59 PM
asc

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 E63s
Hi all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I'm super torn right now about waiting for the 43 sedan, or just pulling the trigger on a 2016 450. Steel Grey, ash, cranberry leather, premium and multimedia, will run me about 650 a month. Other than vanity/badging, which I don't care about, any reason not to pull the trigger now?
Old 04-09-2016, 05:16 PM

2016 C450 AMG
So finally picked up the new whip today, even taking it easy, the drive home from the dealer was something else! The smooth, easy power, the handling, the exhaust, the comfort, next level compared to my prior cars.

Polar White, designo saddle brown/linden wood trim combo, performance seats & wheel, Premium 2, LED and Multimedia packages, night package, HUD, sunroof, rearview cam

I'm no photographer and all I have to work with right now is the iphone and the overcast new england sky, so here goes.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:37 PM
asc

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 E63s
Gorgeous! The night pack looks great with the Polar White and black wheels.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:43 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by asc
Hi all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I'm super torn right now about waiting for the 43 sedan, or just pulling the trigger on a 2016 450. Steel Grey, ash, cranberry leather, premium and multimedia, will run me about 650 a month. Other than vanity/badging, which I don't care about, any reason not to pull the trigger now?
From what it sounds like the most likely (possibly only) non-cosmetic difference in the new C43 will be the upgrade to the 9G transmission. If that's important to you then consider holding off, otherwise I say pull the trigger! Keep in mind the wait might be longer than you think if you're waiting for the Sedan, the Coupe drops first. I suppose leasing vs owning makes a difference as well. Still, no wrong choice to be had here!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
So finally picked up the new whip today, even taking it easy, the drive home from the dealer was something else! The smooth, easy power, the handling, the exhaust, the comfort, next level compared to my prior cars.

Polar White, designo saddle brown/linden wood trim combo, performance seats & wheel, Premium 2, LED and Multimedia packages, night package, HUD, sunroof, rearview cam

I'm no photographer and all I have to work with right now is the iphone and the overcast new england sky, so here goes.
Looks amazing. That's a great color combination all around. I could never convince the wife to go for that, but if it were my car, definitely one of the top choices. Best of luck with it!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:15 PM

Looks phenomenal, Yasha. That's pretty much a 99% match to my original order before I changed the exterior color (swap your performance seats for the 19" multi spoke black wheels, and your HUD for the AMG steering wheel and it's identical), so you already know I think it looks great. It really is a beautiful color combination. There will probably always be a small part of me that wishes I had stayed with the white/saddle brown, it's so nice to look at
Old 04-10-2016, 03:36 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Looks phenomenal, Yasha. That's pretty much a 99% match to my original order before I changed the exterior color (swap your performance seats for the 19" multi spoke black wheels, and your HUD for the AMG steering wheel and it's identical), so you already know I think it looks great. It really is a beautiful color combination. There will probably always be a small part of me that wishes I had stayed with the white/saddle brown, it's so nice to look at
Yeah I do have the AMG wheel, great feel to it. The winter-ravaged New England roads were my deciding factor between the 18s and 19s. But I am a little jealous, those 19s will look beastly! I can't wait to see pics of your steel gray/saddle brown combo.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:35 PM

The Infamous C450
Beautiful ride Yasha congrats.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:38 PM

Yeah I do have the AMG wheel, great feel to it. The winter-ravaged New England roads were my deciding factor between the 18s and 19s. But I am a little jealous, those 19s will look beastly! I can't wait to see pics of your steel gray/saddle brown combo.
I'm very seriously considering the Wheel and Tire Protection Plus bc of the potholes in Columbus. Just haven't decided for sure yet, but I can definitely see myself bending a rim because of them.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:34 PM

Anyone know what the going rates are for 3 year wheel and tire plus (the one that includes cosmetic coverage) and prepaid maintenance from the shops that sell them at a discount? I'm meeting with the MBFS people tomorrow to discuss some rates, etc and would like to plug these into my model to help me determine the costs in both a buy and lease scenario (I would obviously capitalize them under a lease at whatever price I can get them to give me, but if I buy the car I can just get a plan elsewhere from the Santa Monica dealer or another dealer that sells them just barely over cost).

Any input would be appreciated, I'll make phone calls later this week to firm up the exact prices but I won't have time to make the calls in advance of my meeting tomorrow.

TIA guys!
Old 04-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2012 W221 S63, 2016 W166 GLE350d
Excuse my ignorance if these questions have been asked before but:

1) Does the C450/C43 retain the air suspension except tuned by amg like on the newer s63's with 4m or is it like a more conventional setup with coils like on the e63 and c63? If so, how is it like on comfort mode and what would the ride be most comparable to?

2) When in comfort mode for everything, how quiet is the cabin during most times?

3) Currently, is there any way to get soft closing doors or laminated side windows on the C?

4) How do the performance seats compared to the standard seats in terms of comfort and how well do they coddle you? I noticed that there are three rocker switches, are they similar to the multicontour seat controls?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2016, 09:40 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by 5634MG

1) Does the C450/C43 retain the air suspension except tuned by amg like on the newer s63's with 4m or is it like a more conventional setup with coils like on the e63 and c63? If so, how is it like on comfort mode and what would the ride be most comparable to?

2) When in comfort mode for everything, how quiet is the cabin during most times?

3) Currently, is there any way to get soft closing doors or laminated side windows on the C?

4) How do the performance seats compared to the standard seats in terms of comfort and how well do they coddle you? I noticed that there are three rocker switches, are they similar to the multicontour seat controls?

Thanks
no it does not have air suspension
Old 04-10-2016, 09:42 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by 5634MG

Thanks
1) the C450 does not have the air suspension, still it is a fairly comfortable ride, you don't quite "float" down the road like in the C300 but plenty of comfort, perhaps a little stiffer than C300.

2) i found the cabin fairly quiet in comfort mode, there is some exhaust/engine sound but I found it fairly satisfying and it isn't enough to be overly intrusive in my opinion. Overall the cabin is still fairly well islated

3)not sure

4)I had the same concern about the performance seat, and realized they were thoroughly unfounded. If you get them in the designo nappa leather they are smooth, supportive and exceedingly comfortable. The side bolsters hug you in all the right ways. he seats tend to be less plush/pillowy than say a lexus, but they are well bolstered and well padded
Old 04-10-2016, 10:29 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Any word from Cajun today on the exhaust?
Sorry for the delayed response we have been trying to get all these review units installed. The exhaust is great however they are changing the piping slightly to increase Gaines I'm getting the new unit in next week hopefully. I was trying to wait unit it came in to give a review as it will make a difference not to say that the system isn't great as is.

I want to be very clear. This is one of the best sounding systems I have heard for this car. It's slightly higher in cost but man does it sound amazing.

Also with all exhausts the gains from the exhaust or always nominal and what really matters is what you can do to the turbos with the deduction of back pressure.

If you have any direct questions email me at seth@c450amg.com and I will put out an update tomorrow answering as much as I can!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by cajun1689
Sorry for the delayed response we have been trying to get all these review units installed. The exhaust is great however they are changing the piping slightly to increase Gaines I'm getting the new unit in next week hopefully. I was trying to wait unit it came in to give a review as it will make a difference not to say that the system isn't great as is.

I want to be very clear. This is one of the best sounding systems I have heard for this car. It's slightly higher in cost but man does it sound amazing.

Also with all exhausts the gains from the exhaust or always nominal and what really matters is what you can do to the turbos with the deduction of back pressure.

If you have any direct questions email me at seth@c450amg.com and I will put out an update tomorrow answering as much as I can!
I am always amazed by people asking or expecting power gains from an exhaust. An exhaust is all about sound. Yes, there might be a few hp released by the exhaust, maybe 5 to 7 (I'm guessing) but whatever the number is, it is usually insignificant. Exhaust is for sound, there are lots of other options for power upgrade

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.