C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C450 AMG 4MATIC
Hi folks, new member here. I am the proud new owner of a 2016 Mercedes C450 AMG in hyacinth red. It was posted at a price of $69,800 in the showroom and I was able to pick it up for $63,330.00. This is in Canadian dollars as I am Canadian.

-RP

pricing paperwork
Old 09-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
lucky asses! made an offer at the dealer here in belgium for a C43 coupe and came at 86 000 euro!
to compare that is 127 000 canadian dollars
Old 09-19-2016, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C450 AMG 4MATIC
Ouch! I could not imagine paying $127K for this car. :P
Old 09-21-2016, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
I would appreciate recommendations for great detailers in the DC / Baltimore area. I have a door ding and tiny white specs (that might have come from paint spray) all over my car.

In addition, I plan to replace my OEM run flats with regular tires. Should I get the replacement done at a dealership or a tire shop such as American tire?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by iluvdaBenz
I would appreciate recommendations for great detailers in the DC / Baltimore area. I have a door ding and tiny white specs (that might have come from paint spray) all over my car.

In addition, I plan to replace my OEM run flats with regular tires. Should I get the replacement done at a dealership or a tire shop such as American tire?
I am just curious why guys change out their OEM run flats? I have my car now for almost a year, and I have zero problems with the run flats. The ride and noise levels are not bad for a performance car. Is the supposed quieter ride make that much of a difference to worth the expense? Especially for someone leasing? Do you get a spare tire if no run flats? This is not to criticize, I'm really just curious, and wondering if guys are trying to solve a problem that really doesn't exist.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by autopal
I am just curious why guys change out their OEM run flats? I have my car now for almost a year, and I have zero problems with the run flats. The ride and noise levels are not bad for a performance car. Is the supposed quieter ride make that much of a difference to worth the expense? Especially for someone leasing? Do you get a spare tire if no run flats? This is not to criticize, I'm really just curious, and wondering if guys are trying to solve a problem that really doesn't exist.
run flats are "not bad" sometimes. but honestly normal tires are almost always better. With a less stiff sidewall you can have better ride quality and cheaper tires, AND sportier grip.

I swapped out the runflats on my 328i after they wore out after 30k miles. yeah the oem tires were decent. But buying less expensive sumitomo sport tires still is a much better ride than the super expensive ultra summer bridgestones i had.

There is a reason the AMG 63/65 cars and BMW M cars etc do not come with runflats. That is the one thing I still prefer about audi, they still don't use runflats

personally I have an air compressor, and tire sealant in my car since I don't have a spare. I dont' live in a place with tons of road debris. M cars.... come with tiressealant and air compressor so i'm guessing it isnt that big a risk
Old 09-21-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by autopal
because I had 3 bent rims from hitting MINOR potholes, had them fixed, then 3 of them got bent yet again. The stiff sidewalls compared with MB's soft wheels (my SA used to work at SAAB for 10 years before they went out and said he saw 1 bent wheel in his entire time there, and now he gets a mercedes in with a bent wheel once a week - he said Mercedes uses a soft alloy for lower unsprung weight (but who really knows)) gave my car terrible vibrations. Also, I have been getting the wheels fixed at $125 a pop (first 3 were actually paid for by MB) but you get the picture. Now that I have non-runflats, cracks and bumps in the road are much softer, And I also had a choice of a different tire, where as if you go on TireRack you get 4 runflat choices, 3 being all season touring crap, so I was able to go with a pirelli all season performance tire instead. Much happier with them. I saved the runflats with about 5k miles left on them so when it is time to turn in the car at the end of the lease I'll just throw them back on. No matter how many times they fix the wheels, there is always still a little vibration, and it is still pretty pronounced at 64 and 81mph to the point where the rear view mirror is unclear because of the shaking. The second time they fixed the wheels I had to take it back, they did it again, and they said they literally couldn't make it any better short of me buying new rims..

I had an e90 m-sport with 18's and runflats and never had a bent rim with that and had some MAJOR pothole smashes plus the incredibly stiff suspension, which leads me to believe that maybe MB's wheels are a little softer than others. In college, I had a 2013 GTI that I drive through 3 upstate NY winters riddled with potholes and never once had a bent rim. Honestly when I get my next car which could be another C class or something, I would probably stick with the 18's which kills me to say.

Also, if I get a flat, I probably would drive on the runflat anyways at the risk of damaging the rim, so I will call a tow truck anyways.

Last edited by topsider; 09-21-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:26 AM

2016 C450
A Mercedes dealership quoted me $190 to install the tires. It sounds too much. How much should it typically cost?

I prefer all-seasons even though there is some performance loss because I do not want to deal with changing my tires every winter and spring. I am considering the following tires:

Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-SPEED RATED)
GENERAL ALTIMAX RT43 (H- OR V-SPEED RATED)
KUMHO SOLUS TA71

Does anyone have experience with these tires? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
A Mercedes dealership quoted me $190 to install the tires. It sounds too much. How much should it typically cost?

I prefer all-seasons even though there is some performance loss because I do not want to deal with changing my tires every winter and spring. I am considering the following tires:

KUMHO SOLUS TA71

that's high, no doubt. Stealership mark up?

I would expect to pay ~100 for mount and balance.
The following users liked this post:
iluvdaBenz (09-25-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
I compared all-season tires and concluded that the Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 were the best for me. I put them on after about 200 miles with the run flats (see https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6580972). I don't purposefully drive the 450 in the snow, but I wouldn't hesitate, if the need arises. They feel great in the rain. I would highly recommend them.

If anyone is interested in a spare set of OEM run flats, I just posted them (see https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/638722-sale-contisportcontact-5-ssr-front-225-40r19-rear-255-35r19.html"]https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/638722-sale-contisportcontact-5-ssr-front-225-40r19-rear-255-35r19.html"]https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/638722-sale-contisportcontact-5-ssr-front-225-40r19-rear-255-35r19.html).
Old 09-22-2016, 12:22 PM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC

KUMHO SOLUS TA71

Thats probably what they charged me, but ive had many bad experiences with tire shops effing up my wheels. I got the Pirelli P-Zero All Season Plus. Great tire. Got them for like 550 on tire rack
Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR

KUMHO SOLUS TA71

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is simply an AMAZING tire. You will be giving up very very , very little to a summer tire. Now this tire isn't a cup tire, but Mercedes isn't putting cup tires on c43/c63s. Cup tires come on for example porsche GT3 RS, Corvette Z06 etc. It basically looks like a slick.

The A/S 3+ is very popular on the corvetteforum since they came out and many people are running them on their stingrays which are much more powerful than the c450.

This tire will be great with the 4matic and you will lose nothing in the warm with a C450 4matic.
The following users liked this post:
iluvdaBenz (09-25-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

Only $190 to put your car up on a lift, remove the wheels...then remove (4) tires, install (4) new tires on your wheels...then balance those wheels, install the (4) wheels back on the car...and possibly do a quick alignment check...all at a Mercedes Benz dealership...

...that's what I call a bargain.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by MASSC450
Only $190 to put your car up on a lift, remove the wheels...then remove (4) tires, install (4) new tires on your wheels...then balance those wheels, install the (4) wheels back on the car...and possibly do a quick alignment check...all at a Mercedes Benz dealership...

My thoughts exactly. You buy a $60,000 plus luxury car, and complaining about $190 to mount and balance 4 tires at the dealership? I don't get it.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 AM

c450 amg w205 and gl450 x164
Waste gate + other noises

For interest Amg kit with night package and 19's

Hi All,

This is my first post here - long time reader and grateful sponge of the information / advice shared here.

i got my C450 new in Feb '16 and really enjoying it - except for the noises creeping into daily driving. Appreciate stiff springs and exhaust = expect more creaks and rattles than standard C but am quite disappointed at how many (vents / front windows / over head control panel..)

Has anyone else experienced a rattling noise from the engine on drivers side when cruising at rpm just where boost is ready to come in (if called on)?

Have read as many posts as possible but havent seen recent ones on 450 about this.

dealer working with me but thought wider knowledge might help solve it more quickly - first trip to dealer I was told "waste gate in this model is louder than usual" and software was reset... which produced the result you would expect... sweet F?!& All

To clarify, I'm not a picky dealer nightmare but I can appreciate the sound difference between louder performance engines (as engineered) and the same sounding rough like farm equipment.

anyone else experienced this?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Is that the factory AMG dress up ground effects or an aftermarket set? I'm curious to know how you like the rocker extensions.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

I don't understand your argument.

Dealerships do some of the poorest work in the car industry. You are paying more for no reason.

What about mounting these tires is more difficult than doing it on a camry? Nothing. why should it cost more? It shouldn't.

oh, but you get a free car wash - with FREE swirl marks. That's worth the 150% premium over getting it done at a reputable shop.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Volkanos
[img]https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_6924_4406bc44f06b1cf5854f2f6398fee1d557ed5720. g]For interest Amg kit with night package and 19's

[img]https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_6931_e8d2fd2de4259302d3b3813a039675f2146d03f0. mg]

[img]https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_6932_bfac9237c98f056828e6a497b54dd8f1de72fead.]

Hi All,

This is my first post here - long time reader and grateful sponge of the information / advice shared here.

i got my C450 new in Feb '16 and really enjoying it - except for the noises creeping into daily driving. Appreciate stiff springs and exhaust = expect more creaks and rattles than standard C but am quite disappointed at how many (vents / front windows / over head control panel..)

Has anyone else experienced a rattling noise from the engine on drivers side when cruising at rpm just where boost is ready to come in (if called on)?

Have read as many posts as possible but havent seen recent ones on 450 about this.

dealer working with me but thought wider knowledge might help solve it more quickly - first trip to dealer I was told "waste gate in this model is louder than usual" and software was reset... which produced the result you would expect... sweet F?!& All

To clarify, I'm not a picky dealer nightmare but I can appreciate the sound difference between louder performance engines (as engineered) and the same sounding rough like farm equipment.

anyone else experienced this?
my rear parcel shelf rattles and so do my seat adjustment buttons (primarily at around 4-4.5k RPM).

Definitely not up to snuff considering the price tag, but I really don't care that much otherwise I would have found the time to get it sorted by now.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa

I don't understand your argument.

Dealerships do some of the poorest work in the car industry. You are paying more for no reason.

What about mounting these tires is more difficult than doing it on a camry? Nothing. why should it cost more? It shouldn't.

oh, but you get a free car wash - with FREE swirl marks. That's worth the 150% premium over getting it done at a reputable shop.
Really...what's not to understand?

To pay only $190 for that amount of work at a dealership...a Mercedes dealership no less, is a bargain in my book. Especially since those non-runflat tires I bet weren't even purchased from that dealership...plus a possible alignment check AND a car wash. Just this year I tried to get a Town Fair Tire in my town to mount some tires on Mercedes wheels, and they told me they would have only have done the work if I had bought the tires from them.

I don't know what Mercedes dealerships you go to, but I always receive quality work and a swirl-free car wash/vacuum inside/tire shine from my dealership...PLUS I get free chocolate covered Oreo cookies and coffee at the espresso bar!

Last edited by MASSC450; 09-23-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:41 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC

To pay only $190 for that amount of work at a dealership...a Mercedes dealership no less, is a bargain in my book. Especially since those non-runflat tires I bet weren't even purchased from that dealership...plus a possible alignment check AND a car wash. Just this year I tried to get a Town Fair Tire in my town to mount some tires on Mercedes wheels, and they told me they would have only have done the work if I had bought the tires from them.

I don't know what Mercedes dealerships you go to, but I always receive quality work and a swirl-free car wash/vacuum inside/tire shine from my dealership...PLUS I get free chocolate covered Oreo cookies and coffee at the espresso bar!

Also, if they mess up the wheels at a dealer, it is easier to hold them accountable. I had a shoulder massage at MBOB while I waited! Great dealership. I am planning on going to their Cars & Cappuccino event on Oct. 9
Old 09-23-2016, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

They aren't going to include an alignment, for one.

But, agree to disagree. Pay for whatever you'd like, it's not my money. I do think your daft for thinking you're getting a good deal.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
you may not need an alignment, I usually opt for one when getting new tires and didnt get one this time, car tracks straight and equal wear on tires so far
Old 09-23-2016, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by topsider
you may not need an alignment, I usually opt for one when getting new tires and didnt get one this time, car tracks straight and equal wear on tires so far
That's not my point, assuming you'll get one included in that price - not gonna happen.

You really shouldn't need an alignment - but it wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:18 AM

c450 amg w205 and gl450 x164
Originally Posted by cenzo86
Is that the factory AMG dress up ground effects or an aftermarket set? I'm curious to know how you like the rocker extensions.
its the factory AMG dress up kit (front / rear inserts +. rocker extensions). I like them - the can be drilled in but the dealers don't like doing that. They rattled a bit when first installed and I went back for stronger tape and fittings but no screws. Has been perfect ever since.

feel safer in shopping centre car parks too - stops doors / carts running into the doors!
Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa

They aren't going to include an alignment, for one.
Every time I've had wheels removed/new wheels installed or a tire replaced from my MB dealership, they checked the alignment...for free. Sounds like your MB dealership sucks compared to the one I go to.

But, agree to disagree. Pay for whatever you'd like, it's not my money. I do think your daft for thinking you're getting a good deal.

And I think you're just a cheap-a$$ not thinking $190 was a good deal for dealership work. Like I mentioned before, outside tire shops in my area are reluctant to even touch expensive wheels unless you purchase tires from them.

Last edited by MASSC450; 09-23-2016 at 11:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.