C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
wine, glad you got your ride man! I've been lurking on this thread for months and it's great to see you finally get your car. You got essentially the exact car I will be ordering, except my exterior will be white. It looks FANTASTIC man, congrats!

Did you go the rear lid badge deletion? I noticed the C450 is still there, but the 4MATIC is gone. Is that was the read lid deletion provides?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
wine, glad you got your ride man! I've been lurking on this thread for months and it's great to see you finally get your car. You got essentially the exact car I will be ordering, except my exterior will be white. It looks FANTASTIC man, congrats!

Did you go the rear lid badge deletion? I noticed the C450 is still there, but the 4MATIC is gone. Is that was the read lid deletion provides?
It was very frustrating process but worth it in the end. I literally streamed the Detroit Auto show when M-B was announcing the C450 and placed the deposit on 1/12. Production went smooth. All was good until we hit the Baltimore VPC snag.

The missing 4Matic is a good pick-up on your part. I did not opt for any deletions and literally had to check it out and sure enough it is not there. I am fine either way. I am sure they could add the 4Matic but I am ok without it.

Hopefully yours in in the build queue or finishing-up shortly.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
That is one handsome car! The interior especially is a work of art, imo. Congrats!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
I had some time this afternoon and knew my dealer had received 4 C450's. So I stopped by and took some pics and also had the chance to record the exhaust sound. I think it looks and sounds fantastic. I was kind of surprised my dealer didn't option them to include Premium Sound, but maybe they did that to keep the price more reasonable. All four, two white and two black are priced at $60,250.

Here are the pics and click the last attachment (img 2078.mov)to hear the Exhaust Sound:

IMG_2078.MOV

Last edited by rbrylaw; 09-26-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I had some time this afternoon and knew my dealer had received 4 C450's. So I stopped by and took some pics and also had the chance to record the exhaust sound. I think it looks and sounds fantastic. I was kind of surprised my dealer didn't option them to include Premium Sound, but maybe they did that to keep the price more reasonable. All four, two white and two black are priced at $60,250.

Here are the pics and click the last attachment (img 2078.mov)to hear the Exhaust Sound:

Attachment 316657
Yeah, seeing all these builds with a multimedia pkg but no P02 pkg is making me question my build... If y'all had to decide, would the trade off between the burmester audio with the larger screen/voice nav be worth it?
Old 09-26-2015, 09:35 PM

C450
Originally Posted by Waylon Zeng
Yeah, seeing all these builds with a multimedia pkg but no P02 pkg is making me question my build... If y'all had to decide, would the trade off between the burmester audio with the larger screen/voice nav be worth it?

Well, I'm gonna find out when mine comes in next month, hopefully, 'cause that's how mine's optioned.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sound is VERY important to me. So, if I could only have one option, it would be the Burmester system. But then, I would never be satisfied without the Multi-Media package. And tbh, if you can spend $60K on a car, not getting both, is to me, a mistake. But that's me. It doesn't have to be you.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:57 PM

2016 C450
Anybody in the know speculating on incentives on the 450 in October? Interest/cash/dealer incentives?
Old 09-26-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023
Sound is VERY important to me. So, if I could only have one option, it would be the Burmester system. But then, I would never be satisfied without the Multi-Media package. And tbh, if you can spend $60K on a car, not getting both, is to me, a mistake. But that's me. It doesn't have to be you.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:03 PM

C450
Originally Posted by Mark Harrison
Anybody in the know speculating on incentives on the 450 in October? Interest/cash/dealer incentives?
I'm definitely not in the know, but my dealer told me not to expect any incentives. But, still, I can hope!
Old 09-26-2015, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cleankutazn
I don't get what the emoticon stands for? Care to explain.

Last edited by rbrylaw; 09-26-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
I did not get a chance to push the car on the way home from the dealer since I am supposed to stay in comfort mode for the first 1,000 miles. It was a smooth ride not too much road noise. Sorry for you guys/gals looking for exhaust notes.

I am very happy with the looks of the car. As good as the German website was for the configuration of the vehicle I was to sure if "what you see is what you get" but I very happy with my selection. Someone mentioned it in an early review that there is a lot of technology on the car and I second that opinion. It will take a while to get used to all the gizmos.

May everyone receive their C450 soon now that the VPC has gotten over the hump with the certifications.
Dude, that looks freak'n AWESOME!

I love the way those wheels go with the car in black.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63

Nice pics (and audio)... Can I get you to come over to the 'Burgh and take some pics of mine when it shows up
Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vipershade
Nice pics (and audio)... Can I get you to come over to the 'Burgh and take some pics of mine when it shows up
I'm glad you like them! It is an awesome looking car in every respect!

And the pics are just quick iPhone 6 pics. When my C class finally gets here, I'll take some pics with my Nikon DSLR (D7100). Sorry you're not closer so I could take some for you.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023
I don't get what the emoticon stands for? Care to explain.
I agree with everything you said
Old 09-27-2015, 12:50 AM

2016 C450

And the pics are just quick iPhone 6 pics. When my C class finally gets here, I'll take some pics with my Nikon DSLR (D7100). Sorry you're not closer so I could take some for you.
I just realized you went to a Tampa dealership. Did you go to the Wesley Chapel one or Dale Mabry?
Old 09-27-2015, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63

That's funny, I have the same camera (D7100) and a D700. I wasn't sure if I would look too "1st Time Buyer" if I would have the big DSLR around my neck during the purchase

(I didn't have nearly the emotional tie to the ML350 than I do with the C450, prior to delivery).
Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Without multimedia u are going to have a smaller screen .. Just saying
Old 09-27-2015, 08:17 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Dude, that looks freak'n AWESOME!

I love the way those wheels go with the car in black.
NO complaints except with the VPC. My sales rep indicates that is normal with a new model year or engine. I was a complete PITA so I will hook him up with a couple bottle of wines when the transfer the registration on the new vehicle and add my PA license plate.

Perhaps a road trip is in store to the Burgh so I can check-out your vehicle out when it arrives!

Last edited by iwork4wine; 09-27-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-27-2015, 08:32 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
I order the P02 option with the Burmester system since the word on the street was the standard radio was disappointing.

I also opted to save a few bucks by getting my navigation through Garmin MapPilot instead the multimedia. Originally the option was priced at $2,690 and the Garmin was $600. I actually prefer the smaller screen, I did not need the hard drive, but I will miss Gracienote when i am listening to Sirius XM. Since they dropped the rearview camera it is now about $1,500 differential. This my have changed my mind when I was ordering but it is too late now.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cleankutazn
I agree with everything you said
Thanks. Since I didn't know what that emoticon actually means, I was concerned I may have offended you. I'm glad to know I hadn't!

I just realized you went to a Tampa dealership. Did you go to the Wesley Chapel one or Dale Mabry?
Dale Mabry. I've bought more MB cars from that dealership than I have fingers OR toes over the years and they have always treated me incredibly well.

That's funny, I have the same camera (D7100) and a D700. I wasn't sure if I would look too "1st Time Buyer" if I would have the big DSLR around my neck during the purchase

(I didn't have nearly the emotional tie to the ML350 than I do with the C450, prior to delivery).
I say who cares if you look like a total "geekazoid" during delivery. You're excited about your new car and capturing the delivery in the best definition (using your D7100 or D700) will give you better pictures over a cell phone. I don't know about you, but I really enjoy my Nikon. If you do as well, take it and use it when your car arrives.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM

2016 C450
I order the P02 option with the Burmester system since the word on the street was the standard radio was disappointing.

I also opted to save a few bucks by getting my navigation through Garmin MapPilot instead the multimedia. Originally the option was priced at $2,690 and the Garmin was $600. I actually prefer the smaller screen, I did not need the hard drive, but I will miss Gracienote when i am listening to Sirius XM. Since they dropped the rearview camera it is now about $1,500 differential. This my have changed my mind when I was ordering but it is too late now.
That was exactly what I was thinking, but I opted for the parking assistance pkg because of the surround view camera. Adding another 2700 is a bit out of my budget if it's just going to decrease the size of the screen bezel, though I can't help but to think that maybe MB might be able to retrofit carplay on models with the multimedia package.

Dale Mabry. I've bought more MB cars from that dealership than I have fingers OR toes over the years and they have always treated me incredibly well.
One of the salespeople there forgot to put in several packages originally in my build after I asked them to add a few things. He sent me the build sheet after the vehicle went into production, so now I have to reorder when my car was supposed to be coming in the beginning of October 😔

I'm a bit frustrated, but I did have him update a few things throughout August and September instead of being consistent. I just wish he would have sent me a build sheet immediately after adding or taking out something so I would have time to change it... You should yell at him for me haha but other than that the dealership experience there has always been pleasant.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That was exactly what I was thinking, but I opted for the parking assistance pkg because of the surround view camera. Adding another 2700 is a bit out of my budget if it's just going to decrease the size of the screen bezel, though I can't help but to think that maybe MB might be able to retrofit carplay on models with the multimedia package.

One of the salespeople there forgot to put in several packages originally in my build after I asked them to add a few things. He sent me the build sheet after the vehicle went into production, so now I have to reorder when my car was supposed to be coming in the beginning of October 😔

I'm a bit frustrated, but I did have him update a few things throughout August and September instead of being consistent. I just wish he would have sent me a build sheet immediately after adding or taking out something so I would have time to change it... You should yell at him for me haha but other than that the dealership experience there has always been pleasant.
Sorry to hear that. When we placed our orders (we're getting a C300 Sport and GLA250 Sport 4Matic), we sat in the office with the lady who orders cars for the dealership and got a printout from NetStar to ensure our cars would have every option we wanted.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
I did not get a chance to push the car on the way home from the dealer since I am supposed to stay in comfort mode for the first 1,000 miles. It was a smooth ride not too much road noise. Sorry for you guys/gals looking for exhaust notes.

I am very happy with the looks of the car. As good as the German website was for the configuration of the vehicle I was to sure if "what you see is what you get" but I very happy with my selection. Someone mentioned it in an early review that there is a lot of technology on the car and I second that opinion. It will take a while to get used to all the gizmos.

May everyone receive their C450 soon now that the VPC has gotten over the hump with the certifications.
NICE!

Did you get the non-4matic?

Also, nice look on the Night Package. I thought you were unable to change the option?

I'll be picking up mine tomorrow at 6-7PM after work. Gonna be able to go back on the highways after the pope leaves Philly tonight!

GO JETS!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
TM, That is SWEET!!! You should pick it up today but it would be a wicked route (I-95 Woodhaven exit, Woodhaven to Rt #1 North, Rt #1 North to PA Turnpike, to PA Turnpike Ft. Washington. Think of it as time to break the car in :-)

As long as you can get out of the city and back-in you should go. It must be pretty crazy in the city. I am not going anywhere near CC Philly for the weekend.
It is crazy in the city this weekend. Although I had tons of fun free-roam biking with the wife around CC with all the road closures.

Not sure if I'm going to push the car much yet. I'm still waiting for XPEL to release the templates for our car so I can get the full front of the car wrapped by Leeberbs in NJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.