C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-26-2015 | 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
That is the one! You are good. Any thought of working for M-B? Maybe when you retire.
LOL... Honestly, this is just complete boredom kicking in... I am just trying to waste as much time as possible to take my mind off of waiting.

I am glad that yours came in... it feels like everything is still moving forward.

Okay, remember for tomorrow - strap on a helmet GoPro, we don't want to miss anything
Old 09-26-2015 | 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
It sounds like things are moving along now so hopefully the early builds had the hiccup and you will be smooth sailing.

I definitely wants pics of your vehicle. I would have went with the designo seats but the white handles steered me away but I love the stitching.
Yeah, I am a little leary about the white... I am trying to get all of the pricing for the different protection plans:

Paintless Dent Repair
First Class Wheel and Tire Protection Plans
First Class Interior and Exterior Protection

(Not sure if I care about these ones but it wouldn't hurt to see pricing)

First Class Guaranteed Auto Protection
First Class Insurance
First Class Windshield Protection

Not sure if anyone has any first hand experience with any of these...
Old 09-26-2015 | 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
Gladly! I'm so excited I wanted to tell the old lady at the grocery store about my build!

So here goes:

PNT - Palladium Silver Metallic
P62 - Designo Platinum White/Black Nappa Leather
Y04 - Silver Seatbelts
P02 - Premium 2 Package
521 - Night Package
320 - Multimedia Package
319 - Lighting Package
389 - Hands Free Access Package
413 - Panorama Sunroof
463 - Heads Up Display
540 - Power Rear Window Sunshade
606 - 19" AMG Multi Spoke Wheels - Black
736 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood

Man, I'm so stoked!
Very nice... This is definitely close to mine, like iwork4wine mentioned about the performance seats, I also jumped on the performance steering wheel. I picked the silver fiber glass trim when I found out that it was only available on the GT S (and it goes perfect with the silver performance seat vents). Yours will have that more sinister darker look to it with the black wheels and night package - that should look fantastic.
Old 09-26-2015 | 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Oh, one other thing... It looks like the designo interiors come with designo floor mats instead of the AMG mats.

I actually like the designo mats, so I am cool with that... but in case you would rather have the AMG mats, the good news is that you can buy the AMG mats, the designo mats are a little harder to come by.
Old 09-26-2015 | 01:41 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Oh, one other thing... It looks like the designo interiors come with designo floor mats instead of the AMG mats.

I actually like the designo mats, so I am cool with that... but in case you would rather have the AMG mats, the good news is that you can buy the AMG mats, the designo mats are a little harder to come by.
What are the designo mats like? And if you dont mind me asking, are you just going to leave the random red stripe on the performance steering wheel? It doesn't seem like the rest of your build had any substantial red coloring to match
Old 09-26-2015 | 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Waylon Zeng
What are the designo mats like?
Not sure that I have a good picture of these... My dealer contact has an ML with designo interior, and that was the first time that I seen them. The primary difference will be the AMG vs. designo label (where the AMG label will be embroidered and the designo label (from the ones that I have seen) will be an actual badge, like:

One of these dealers will most likely take some interior photos that will show the mats:

55SWF6EB3GU103123 - Mercedes-Benz of Owings Mills, MD - Polar White / designo Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim $63,165

55SWF6EB7GU104758 - Mercedes-Benz of Westminster, CO - designo Diamond White Metallic / designo Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather / Linden wood $68,050 (+ $599 mark up)

55SWF6EB6GU108025 - Mercedes-Benz of Bedford, OH - Black / designo Platinum White/Black Nappa Leather $65,125

55SWF6EB5GU108047 - Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood, WA - Obsidian Black Metallic / designo Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather / Linden wood $64,650

55SWF6EB1GU109549 - GENERIC INVENTORY* - designo Cardinal Red Metallic / designo Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather / Linden wood $63,460

55SWF6EB8GU109872 - Mercedes-Benz of Westminster, CO - Black / designo Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim $67,665 (+ $599 mark up)

Originally Posted by Waylon Zeng
And if you dont mind me asking, are you just going to leave the random red stripe on the performance steering wheel? It doesn't seem like the rest of your build had any substantial red coloring to match
Yeah, that was an anomaly of the Mercedes German websites' configurator. You actually have to order either the 641 – Black MB-Tex/DINAMICA w/Red Stitching & Red Seat Belts or 241 – Black Leather w/Red Stitching & Red Seat Belts interiors to get the red stripe.

The real question is no stripe (or more accurately black stripe) versus white stripe. Here is the no stripe (or black stripe) from the US C450 order guide:

And the white stripe from the Canadian order guide:

I like them both... the white might be a little more interesting/unique.
Old 09-26-2015 | 08:22 AM
awz

2008 C300, 2023 EQB 350
Spoiler Removal

My car arrived with the rear deck spoiler badly attached. It gapped on both sides by about 1/16". Since I've never liked add-on spoilers and the deck already has a spoiler's aero effect with the rear lip, I had the dealer's detail shop remove it. The spoiler is attached only with double-sided tape. No paint damage and I think the car looks better without it. Spoiler in closet for possible reapplication by future owner.
Old 09-26-2015 | 09:17 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
LOL... Honestly, this is just complete boredom kicking in... I am just trying to waste as much time as possible to take my mind off of waiting.

I am glad that yours came in... it feels like everything is still moving forward.

Okay, remember for tomorrow - strap on a helmet GoPro, we don't want to miss anything
I don't even own a GoPro so you may have to settle for the girlfriend taking movie pics with the iPhone. Then comes the hard part, figuring out how to upload the clip. I pick-up the scooter at 3:30 PM so I will either upload pics/movie tonight or Sunday.
Old 09-26-2015 | 09:22 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Yeah, I am a little leary about the white... I am trying to get all of the pricing for the different protection plans:

Paintless Dent Repair
First Class Wheel and Tire Protection Plans
First Class Interior and Exterior Protection

(Not sure if I care about these ones but it wouldn't hurt to see pricing)

First Class Guaranteed Auto Protection
First Class Insurance
First Class Windshield Protection

Not sure if anyone has any first hand experience with any of these...
I am going with prepaid maintenance and wheel and tire protection. I am going to pass on the extended warranty. With only 6K miles per year it does not make sense even with the M-B Santa Monica discount totaling $1,600 ($900 less with the 7 year 75K mile plan over my dealership who offers it at $2,500).
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:03 AM

2019 E63S
sorry guys, been busy the past couple of weeks, preparing for the pope!...partial j/k

Just got call this morning from my sales rep at Fort Washington MB that my car is in the lot. Not sure if I can schedule a pick up today as all the major highways (which there is only 3 in philly 676, 76 and 95) are all closed for the arrival of the pope.

But definitely Monday will be my pick up date.

and GO JETS!
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by awz
My car arrived with the rear deck spoiler badly attached. It gapped on both sides by about 1/16". Since I've never liked add-on spoilers and the deck already has a spoiler's aero effect with the rear lip, I had the dealer's detail shop remove it. The spoiler is attached only with double-sided tape. No paint damage and I think the car looks better without it. Spoiler in closet for possible reapplication by future owner.
That sucks... Every little thing like that makes me second guess myself. Glad to hear that it came off clean and looks good without it, that is certainly the most import part.
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I don't even own a GoPro so you may have to settle for the girlfriend taking movie pics with the iPhone. Then comes the hard part, figuring out how to upload the clip. I pick-up the scooter at 3:30 PM so I will either upload pics/movie tonight or Sunday.
No worries... just drive safe!

I am going with prepaid maintenance and wheel and tire protection. I am going to pass on the extended warranty. With only 6K miles per year it does not make sense even with the M-B Santa Monica discount totaling $1,600 ($900 less with the 7 year 75K mile plan over my dealership who offers it at $2,500).
Yeah, I think I am definitely going with the wheel and tire protection. It looks like there is a "plus" version that covers "Wheel repair for most scrapes, scratches and other cosmetic damage (Wheel and Tire Protection Plus only)." That seems like the one to get, not sure what the price difference is.

This dealer did a nice one-page listing of all of the extended coverage plans: http://www.mercedes-benzofsiouxfalls...-your-mercedes

Did I read that the extended warranty could be reembursed, if not used? I need to find more info on that. I would consider the 7/75K also, but I need to look into that more.
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:46 AM

Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4

Yeah, that was an anomaly of the Mercedes German websites' configurator. You actually have to order either the 641 – Black MB-Tex/DINAMICA w/Red Stitching & Red Seat Belts or 241 – Black Leather w/Red Stitching & Red Seat Belts interiors to get the red stripe.
I don't see this info in the U.S. Order guide, are you sure about this? I have selected 241 and would love to have that little red stripe on the steering wheel to match the red seat belt
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
sorry guys, been busy the past couple of weeks, preparing for the pope!...partial j/k

Just got call this morning from my sales rep at Fort Washington MB that my car is in the lot. Not sure if I can schedule a pick up today as all the major highways (which there is only 3 in philly 676, 76 and 95) are all closed for the arrival of the pope.

and GO JETS!
With yours, iwork4wine's, and the one in front of mine all MIA the last few weeks, I was stating to think that a carrier ran in to some hard times and lost all three. Glad to hear that yours is ready to go also. Maybe you guys can park near the parade route and get the Pope to bless them!
Old 09-26-2015 | 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by skullboy
I don't see this info in the U.S. Order guide, are you sure about this? I have selected 241 and would love to have that little red stripe on the steering wheel to match the red seat belt
If you also order the 281 steering wheel ($500), from what I was told, you should get the red stripe.

It would be nice for a confirmation photo on this... I'll see if I can find one from the dealers that have posted non-stock photos.
Old 09-26-2015 | 11:01 AM

Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
If you also order the 281 steering wheel ($500), from what I was told, you should get the red stripe.

It would be nice for a confirmation photo on this... I'll see if I can find one from the dealers that have posted non-stock photos.
Yup, ordered the 281 too, appreciate any info you find on it. By the way, I also have the $200 night package on the built list but not sure what is blacked out. Is it just the window trim or does it include the front spoiler lip and rear diffuser just like it shown on the German website?
Old 09-26-2015 | 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by skullboy
Yup, ordered the 281 too, appreciate any info you find on it. By the way, I also have the $200 night package on the built list but not sure what is blacked out. Is it just the window trim or does it include the front spoiler lip and rear diffuser just like it shown on the German website?
Yeah, the "standard" night package includes the mirrors and window trim, and the $200 night package (dropped from $300) includes the spoiler and diffuser blackouts (but in the U.S. it doesn't include the extra window tint).
Old 09-26-2015 | 11:10 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg

and GO JETS!
TM, That is SWEET!!! You should pick it up today but it would be a wicked route (I-95 Woodhaven exit, Woodhaven to Rt #1 North, Rt #1 North to PA Turnpike, to PA Turnpike Ft. Washington. Think of it as time to break the car in :-)

As long as you can get out of the city and back-in you should go. It must be pretty crazy in the city. I am not going anywhere near CC Philly for the weekend.
Old 09-26-2015 | 11:12 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s

Yeah, I think I am definitely going with the wheel and tire protection. It looks like there is a "plus" version that covers "Wheel repair for most scrapes, scratches and other cosmetic damage (Wheel and Tire Protection Plus only)." That seems like the one to get, not sure what the price difference is.

This dealer did a nice one-page listing of all of the extended coverage plans: http://www.mercedes-benzofsiouxfalls...-your-mercedes

Did I read that the extended warranty could be reembursed, if not used? I need to find more info on that. I would consider the 7/75K also, but I need to look into that more.
I will look into the Tire and Wheel Plus vs Tire and Wheel Package package pricing today. I will let you know what Princeton is charging. I need the Santa Monica pricing. It is like buying a new phone where yah have a million add-ons.
Old 09-26-2015 | 03:34 PM

ML63 and C450
Basic first impressions

- AMG leather seats were disappointing... should've paid the premium for designo interior but when preordered, designo wasn't an option based on the Canadian internal sale guide

i've been through quite a bit of cars since the 2014 S5 but if i recall correctly
- steering is very light
- doesn't feel as tight/solid as the S5
- doesn't shift as smooth as the S5 but it has good reaction to throttle
- significant improvement in the tranny compared to the last gen NA C63
- definitely feel the turbo lag when taking off in S+; is there launch mode?
- exhaust sound is very soft, but I guess its probably comparable to its competitors; doesn't even come close to the NA C63 or my ML63, not sure how the new C63 sounds but it'll probably sound awesome to keep the AMG owners happy
- love the exhaust crackle in S+
- looks very similar to the C63, my car was parked side by side and I asked my wife what's the difference (she's a non-AMG hater) and she says the badge...
- wind noise present in the driver side; I wonder if the designo option will minimize it as I believe they user thicker glass?

overall, a great sporty little car... just wished I got the designo option because the interior reminds me of the 2015 Panamera I traded it in and the reason I switched from Porsche to MB is the more luxurious interior

more than enough power, seems fairly fuel efficient... can't wait for a "450" equivalent to the GLS to upgrade the ML in few years

i think the 450 line is a great idea

Last edited by whmcpanel; 09-26-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2015 | 05:47 PM

Sad to see the few reviews saying how weak/soft the 450 exhaust sounds. Thanks for the review, whmc!
Old 09-26-2015 | 05:54 PM

C450
Actually I thought the sound on the one I started sounded pretty cool for a six. Maybe it depends on what it's being compared to.
Old 09-26-2015 | 06:31 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by GrampaJohn
Actually I thought the sound on the one I started sounded pretty cool for a six. Maybe it depends on what it's being compared to.
I did not get a chance to push the car on the way home from the dealer since I am supposed to stay in comfort mode for the first 1,000 miles. It was a smooth ride not too much road noise. Sorry for you guys/gals looking for exhaust notes.

I am very happy with the looks of the car. As good as the German website was for the configuration of the vehicle I was to sure if "what you see is what you get" but I very happy with my selection. Someone mentioned it in an early review that there is a lot of technology on the car and I second that opinion. It will take a while to get used to all the gizmos.

May everyone receive their C450 soon now that the VPC has gotten over the hump with the certifications.
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1666.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1668.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1670.jpg  
Old 09-26-2015 | 06:33 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
I did not get a chance to push the car on the way home from the dealer since I am supposed to stay in comfort mode for the first 1,000 miles. It was a smooth ride not too much road noise. Sorry for you guys/gals looking for exhaust notes.

I am very happy with the looks of the car. As good as the German website was for the configuration of the vehicle I was to sure if "what you see is what you get" but I very happy with my selection. Someone mentioned it in an early review that there is a lot of technology on the car and I second that opinion. It will take a while to get used to all the gizmos.

May everyone receive their C450 soon now that the VPC has gotten over the hump with the certifications.
More Pics ...
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1671.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1672.jpg  
Old 09-26-2015 | 06:42 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s

If you decide to select the tire/wheel protection go for the "plus". The standard tire/wheel protection cost $1,880 versus the plus was $2,070.

I also opted for the prepaid maintenance since I go to the dealer for all maintenance anyhow so might as well save a few bucks.

The sales rep is trying to convince me to go with the extended warranty. I am not sure it pays for $2,500 but it would give me peace of mind for 7 years since no way I will hit 75K miles. Keep me posted on the reimbursement of unused maintenance package. I have 30 day period to receive a discount on the package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.