C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Roger on the no prints
Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks Vip, you're the man.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks Vip, you're the man.
No worries brother.

This is interesting...

I found out that the AMG floor mats take precedence over the designo mats. And based on the order guide, it looks like they take precedence only when the performance seats are selected.

Notice the white stripe (and brown stripe) on the mats from the top pictures.

The stripes are the same Nappa leather as the seats and door trim. Apparently these mats are pretty freak'n nice, they come up as $428.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
No worries brother.

This is interesting...

I found out that the AMG floor mats take precedence over the designo mats. And based on the order guide, it looks like they take precedence only when the performance seats are selected.

The stripes are the same Nappa leather as the seats and door trim. Apparently these mats are pretty freak'n nice, they come up as $428.
Thanks for this info as I'm not getting the AMG perf seats which means I should be expecting the designo mats. Any luck on you getting yourself a complementary set?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by radarguy
I drove the C400 in July 2015. The handling and power, not to mention the beautiful interior, blew my mind. This was the car for me. Unfortunately, the factory wasn’t taking orders anymore. Besides the more powerful, better handling C450 was coming in September. Worth the wait IMO especially since I couldn’t order a C400.

Finally, it’s here and I drove one. As good as the power and handling were in the C400, the C450 blows it away. I drove one with 18” Continental Pro Contact all-season tires and it far exceeded my expectations. I would say that for street use it was comparable to or better than the M3s that I have driven. I was ready to order one and negotiated a deal that fully met my expectations on cost, trade-in value and delivery date.

Before I signed, I decided to take another drive and concentrate on the secondary attributes of the car. Two things immediately jumped out at me. First, my love for the handling and power was immediately reinforced. Second, the exhaust sound, which sounded cool and invigorating on the first drive, became annoying and bothersome. Cruising at 70 on the Interstate in any of the three Dynamic Select modes produced a constant droning that I know I would come to hate. Think glasspack muffler. Not my cup of tea. It’s probably a deal breaker, but I will go back next week for another evaluation.

Other observations.
  1. The interior is a knock-out.
  2. The navi display is not as good as the one in my four year-old BMW, but it will do the job.
  3. The speed limit indicator on the HUD apparently works off of the NAVI using stored information. It did not show up on most non-main streets. The one on my BMW uses cameras to detect the roadside speed limit signs. Even those in construction zones. Not a deal breaker though.
  4. Road noise (not wind noise) was worse than expected. Again, not a deal breaker, but also not consistent with a $65,000 car.
  5. The ride in comfort mode was more harsh than the C400 with airmatic. It’s worth it because of the superior handling.
  6. You can permanently turn off the auto start/stop feature in the individual Dynamic Select mode. I’m thankful for that.
Bottom line. I’ve got to trade off the annoying exhaust sound for the exceptional handling and power which I doubt I will find in any other car in this price range.
other similar reviews on GLE450 CUV had the same drone issue. The GLE450 does have a true dual exhaust with X pipe in the middle.

see motortrend review

I hope the drone issue goes away with more miles recorded.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
Thanks for this info as I'm not getting the AMG perf seats which means I should be expecting the designo mats.
This is an educated guess, but at $428, I hope you do get them (the AMG mats can't be more than $200).

Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
Any luck on you getting yourself a complementary set?
At $428, I'll probably be lucky to get them for 1/2 off, but I'll be shooting for the whole ride when I go in on Saturday for the interior/exterior protection (and the tire mounting). I'll let you know, but regardless I will definitely be getting them.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
Supply issues is a tough roadblock to hit, as a business you have two options: don't sell any C450's because you can't include the seats you don't have, or sell C450's but don't offer the seats. Pretty sure every business in existence would chose the former rather than the later.
True, you wouldn't hold back selling the car, but supply issues are solvable. And it didn't seem to be a problem for the C300 or C400. Perhaps MB just needs a little more time to sort it out. I'm hoping that's the case and that that this is why the configurator still shows the seats as being cooled/venitlated. After all, if they weren't ever going to cool/ventilate the seats then they wouldn't continue to advertise them as such and sing their praises, right?
Old 10-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy
True, you wouldn't hold back selling the car, but supply issues are solvable. And it didn't seem to be a problem for the C300 or C400. Perhaps MB just needs a little more time to sort it out. I'm hoping that's the case and that that this is why the configurator still shows the seats as being cooled/venitlated. After all, if they weren't ever going to cool/ventilate the seats then they wouldn't continue to advertise them as such and sing their praises, right?
Would definitely hope so, yes! Surround View cameras has supply issues and weren't available, now they are...so, there is definitely cause for optimism for future orders
Old 10-08-2015, 10:20 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Bibenstein
Can anyone tell me which size winter tires the MY16 C450 takes? I am having a bit of trouble tracking this down.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tires through Costco or anywhere else that offers competitive prices?
I just had delivered from TireRack:
2@ 245/40R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II RUN FLAT 240, R
2@ 225/45R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II RUN FLAT 240, R
4@ 18X8 MODA MD18 BLK MACH
And all the trimmings for $1,800

These tires all be it run flats come highly rated. PA is a little funky and I had to go with the staggered set since the can fail inspection if you do not use OEM specs.

I hope this helps since I did a lot of research before buying.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:29 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Oh really? That's annoying, getting conflicting reports on this as other said it has a matte finish to and doesn't print up. Guess I'll have to go mess with a car at the dealership before I decide.

Also considering the silver fiber trim bc I think it would look solid with the cranberry red seats. I doubt that light silver would show prints too bad - sure Viper can confirm.
I went out a few minutes ago armed with the reading glasses and my iphone mag light and the C450 reading light and no finger prints on the CF inserts.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by iwork4wine
I went out a few minutes ago armed with the reading glasses and my iphone mag light and the C450 reading light and no finger prints on the CF inserts.
Beautiful, that's great news, that's man! You went with the dark CF, right? I know Viper has the silver.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:58 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Beautiful, that's great news, that's man! You went with the dark CF, right? I know Viper has the silver.
Correct, I attached a pic but in the photo the compartment is open.

Below was my build: I primarily excluded the multimedia pkg, pano roof, the light pkg (I tried adding but my order was frozen), the designo seats, performance seats, amg steering wheel, and the exterior CF.

C450W4 $50,800
040 Black
241 Black Leather w/Red Stitching
H73 Carbon Fiber Trim $1,300
P02 Premium 2 Package $1,520
810 : Burmester® Surround Sound System
P44 Parking Package (RVC & Parktronic)
R01 Summer High Performance Tires
Y05 Red Seat Belts
03A Garmin® MAP PILOT $600
218 Rearview Camera $460
235 PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist $970
293 Rear Side Airbags
318 318 Interior Package: Leather Upholstery $2,150
877 : Ambient Lighting
873 : Heated Front Seats
U25 : MB Illuminated Door Sill Panels
355 SD-Card Navigation Pre-wiring
389 389 HANDS-FREE ACCESS Package: HANDS-FRE $250
881 : Electronic Trunk Closer
871 : HANDS-FREE ACCESS
P17 : Control Code
463 Head-Up Display $990
5P8 Control code - scheduling & production i
521 Night Package Plus $200
P55 : Night Package
6P5 Factory Code
606 19" AMG® Multi-Spoke Wheel - Black $850
632 LED Headlamps
997 997 Driver Assistance Package: DISTRONIC $2,250
300 : PRE-SAFE® Brake
271 : PRE-SAFE Plus
269 : Badging on Dashboard
268 : BAS PLUS w/Cross Traffic Assist
266 : DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
253 : PRE-SAFE PLUS rear-end collision proteci
238 : Active Lane Keeping Assist
237 : Active Blind Spot Assist
233 : DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
23P : Driver Assistance Package

SUBTOTAL $62,340
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $925
TOTAL $63,265
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_1670.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by z28lt1
I saw that as well last week. Edmunds and fueleconomy.gov both have it listed as 21/29 (24 combined) which appears to be the same as the C400 4matic.
Yep...same:

Here is the 2015 C63 S Edition 1 for comparison (18/25 (20 combined)):

The difference equates to $800 per year.

Notice the difference in the safety ratings... I think we found the reason why they starting including the rear side airbags standard for 2016 models (these were originally $420 option).
Old 10-09-2015, 08:03 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Yep...same:

Here is the 2015 C63 S Edition 1 for comparison (18/25 (20 combined)):

The difference equates to $800 per year.

Notice the difference in the safety ratings... I think we found the reason why they starting including the rear side airbags standard for 2016 models (these were originally $420 option).
If one is worried about being green and mpg than this is definitely the wrong church and wrong pew.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
If one is worried about being green and mpg than this is definitely the wrong church and wrong pew.
The funny thing is that I have been driving a 5.9 liter V8 for so long that this is going to seem like a hybrid
Old 10-09-2015, 08:36 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
base price 50K $ ???
here it is a damn 65K € so if we option it like you did above, we get 80K € + 3K € of penalties becauise of CO2 emissions

this is unfair
Old 10-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
The funny thing is that I have been driving a 5.9 liter V8 for so long that this is going to seem like a hybrid
That is too funny! Bring on the savings cha ching! Move over Prius
Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Bourne
base price 50K $ ???
here it is a damn 65K € so if we option it like you did above, we get 80K € + 3K € of penalties becauise of CO2 emissions

this is unfair
I am not sure I understand M-Bs world pricing. If we can only have the car built in Germany with all of the ala carte options and have Canadian pricing we would be in business.

Americans should have nothing to complain with regards to the cost of the vehicle; as well as, gasoline/petrol prices. Both are much higher in Europe.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I am not sure I understand M-Bs world pricing. If we can only have the car built in Germany with all of the ala carte options and have Canadian pricing we would be in business.

Americans should have nothing to complain with regards to the cost of the vehicle; as well as, gasoline/petrol prices. Both are much higher in Europe.
Agreed... Aussie pricing is inflated also. Wonder how the pricing is in Japan? (not sure if whkento ever checks-in on us in this thread, but he could answer that). US definitely doesn't have anything to complain about, that's for sure.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Agreed... Aussie pricing is inflated also. Wonder how the pricing is in Japan? (not sure if whkento ever checks-in on us in this thread, but he could answer that). US definitely doesn't have anything to complain about, that's for sure.
For once it's nice to be Canadian
Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Tomorrow my first C450 AMG road test. I can't wait !!!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM

VW
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Go to post 999 by ViperShade in this thread. You'll see the differences between the lighting packages.
Thanks! Somehow I guess I skipped over that post.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM

07 Acura TSX
Hi everyone, new to the forums but not to this thread. I've been following this thread for a while. I've done some research on this car for a while and have been waiting to see it at a dealership but to my disappointment nothing in my area (Houston of all places) is carrying more than 1 or 2 at a time. I'm not sure how you guys are optioning out your cars (with the numbers) but I've optioned out a C450 on the MB website. I would like some feedback on this build.

I've found that the MB website doesn't take care of the redundancies and they leave redundant options on there (example: selecting the carbon fiber spoiler + spoiler AND mirrors will double charge). Please look over this build and let me know what y'all think (any additions or subtractions). I did not notice anything about the steering wheel on the website.

-Exterior
Polar white or Obsidian (haven't decided yet)
AMG 19" 5 spoke black wheels
Lighting package
Night package (not sure on this one yet, need feedback)
Panorama Roof
Carbon fiber spoiler and mirrors

-Interior
Designo Platinum nappa Leather
Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium 2 package (not sure of the redundancy on this one)
Multimedia Package
HUD
Parking Assist
Driver Assist

-Extra
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

This all priced out at 72,890 on the MB website, which is crazy high compared to some of the builds I've seen in this forum.
Few questions on this:
Where is the steering wheel option?
Is this price negotiable (I've never built a car with options, usually just buy at dealership?)

Any feedback would be appreciated! Looking forward to hopefully making an order during November
Old 10-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Logic83
Hi everyone, new to the forums but not to this thread. I've been following this thread for a while. I've done some research on this car for a while and have been waiting to see it at a dealership but to my disappointment nothing in my area (Houston of all places) is carrying more than 1 or 2 at a time. I'm not sure how you guys are optioning out your cars (with the numbers) but I've optioned out a C450 on the MB website. I would like some feedback on this build.

I've found that the MB website doesn't take care of the redundancies and they leave redundant options on there (example: selecting the carbon fiber spoiler + spoiler AND mirrors will double charge). Please look over this build and let me know what y'all think (any additions or subtractions). I did not notice anything about the steering wheel on the website.

-Exterior
Polar white or Obsidian (haven't decided yet)
AMG 19" 5 spoke black wheels
Lighting package
Night package (not sure on this one yet, need feedback)
Panorama Roof
Carbon fiber spoiler and mirrors

-Interior
Designo Platinum nappa Leather
Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium 2 package (not sure of the redundancy on this one)
Multimedia Package
HUD
Parking Assist
Driver Assist

-Extra
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

This all priced out at 72,890 on the MB website, which is crazy high compared to some of the builds I've seen in this forum.
Few questions on this:
Where is the steering wheel option?
Is this price negotiable (I've never built a car with options, usually just buy at dealership?)

Any feedback would be appreciated! Looking forward to hopefully making an order during November
Price seems about right, given your ride is loaded to the gills. Most builds have been around $60-65K, yours is over $70 due to the Nappa seats, performance seats, and carbon fiber inside and out....plus you have all of the interior tech. The AMG Steering Wheel is not loaded on the website (mostly bc the MB USA website is a steaming pile of dog****), but you can order it for $500 when placing your actual order through your dealer.

Regarding a discount/negotiation, that depends on your dealer. It's case by case, but if it were me I wouldn't settle for less than 5% off and I'd be negotiating my *** off for 7% target. 5% is doable but 7% will be tough, 3% should be easy. Decide your target and get to work. The rate you get will be dependent on 1) your dealership/salesperson, 2) your ability to negotiate.

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 10-09-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Smile Received?

Has anyone received their C450? Mine was built on the 7th and I am waiting for it to be transported to the dealership. Just want to know if anyone has got theirs. I will be picking mine from the austin dealership sometime next week and driving it back to Nola if anyone wants to setup a meetup to check it out let me know.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Price seems about right, given your ride is loaded to the gills. Most builds have been around $60-65K, yours is over $70 due to the Nappa seats, performance seats, and carbon fiber inside and out....plus you have all of the interior tech. The AMG Steering Wheel is not loaded on the website (mostly bc the MB USA website is a steaming pile of dog****), but you can order it for $500 when placing your actual order through your dealer.

Regarding a discount/negotiation, that depends on your dealer. It's case by case, but if it were me I wouldn't settle for less than 5% off and I'd be negotiating my *** off for 7% target. 5% is doable but 7% will be tough, 3% should be easy. Decide your target and get to work. The rate you get will be dependent on 1) your dealership/salesperson, 2) your ability to negotiate.
Yes, not too many people have gone for the high priced interior (sports seats, Designo Leather) plus the higher price electronics (multi media, park assist, drivers assistance). You'll love it I'm sure if you get it all, but it would be one of the more expensive builds on here.

Also with regards to ordering the car, the dealer won't know the incentives available to them or you at the time of purchase (when it arrives). as inheartwetrust noted, they can still negotiate off of MSRP and what they pay for the car. This early on there may not be any incentives on the car, but you can try to negotiate a discount from MSRP plus any available incentives, but should reasonably go in not hoping for other incentives..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.