C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Originally Posted by Logic83
Hi everyone, new to the forums but not to this thread. I've been following this thread for a while. I've done some research on this car for a while and have been waiting to see it at a dealership but to my disappointment nothing in my area (Houston of all places) is carrying more than 1 or 2 at a time. I'm not sure how you guys are optioning out your cars (with the numbers) but I've optioned out a C450 on the MB website. I would like some feedback on this build.

I've found that the MB website doesn't take care of the redundancies and they leave redundant options on there (example: selecting the carbon fiber spoiler + spoiler AND mirrors will double charge). Please look over this build and let me know what y'all think (any additions or subtractions). I did not notice anything about the steering wheel on the website.

-Exterior
Polar white or Obsidian (haven't decided yet)
AMG 19" 5 spoke black wheels
Lighting package
Night package (not sure on this one yet, need feedback)
Panorama Roof
Carbon fiber spoiler and mirrors

-Interior
Designo Platinum nappa Leather
Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Premium 2 package (not sure of the redundancy on this one)
Multimedia Package
HUD
Parking Assist
Driver Assist

-Extra
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

This all priced out at 72,890 on the MB website, which is crazy high compared to some of the builds I've seen in this forum.
Few questions on this:
Where is the steering wheel option?
Is this price negotiable (I've never built a car with options, usually just buy at dealership?)

Any feedback would be appreciated! Looking forward to hopefully making an order during November
Price seems about right, given your ride is loaded to the gills. Most builds have been around $60-65K, yours is over $70 due to the Nappa seats, performance seats, and carbon fiber inside and out....plus you have all of the interior tech. The AMG Steering Wheel is not loaded on the website (mostly bc the MB USA website is a steaming pile of dog****), but you can order it for $500 when placing your actual order through your dealer.

Regarding a discount/negotiation, that depends on your dealer. It's case by case, but if it were me I wouldn't settle for less than 5% off and I'd be negotiating my *** off for 7% target. 5% is doable but 7% will be tough, 3% should be easy. Decide your target and get to work. The rate you get will be dependent on 1) your dealership/salesperson, 2) your ability to negotiate.
+1 ...inhartwetrust is spot on. I just ran my build through the configurator, and except for the performance steering wheel (add $500), the pricing is exact. So the $72K+ sounds right.

The Parking Assist Package for $1290 is a steal (I put that in the same best deals category as the performance steering wheel in Canada for $250).

I'm still a little hesitant on the external Carbon Fiber for $1950 (considering the mirrors are already black). On a white car, that might very well be the right move (black, I am thinking no), and vise-versa for the Night Package (Plus) - white no, black yes. The Night Package (Plus) blacks out all (most) of the parts that are not black, on a black car...looks pretty sweet.

inhartwetrust discount/negotiation assessment is exactly what I was thinking. Shoot for 7%, settle for 5%.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Vipershade
+1 ...inhartwetrust is spot on. I just ran my build through the configurator, and except for the performance steering wheel (add $500), the pricing is exact. So the $72K+ sounds right.

The Parking Assist Package for $1290 is a steal (I put that in the same best deals category as the performance steering wheel in Canada for $250).

I'm still a little hesitant on the external Carbon Fiber for $1950 (considering the mirrors are already black). On a white car, that might very well be the right move (black, I am thinking no), and vise-versa for the Night Package (Plus) - white no, black yes. The Night Package (Plus) blacks out all (most) of the parts that are not black, on a black car...looks pretty sweet.

inhartwetrust discount/negotiation assessment is exactly what I was thinking. Shoot for 7%, settle for 5%.
Managed to only get 6% off mine.. It was the first in the region with red interior, so their rationale was that it was such a high demand car that they couldn't do any higher. The manager also said they would only be making $100 from the car anyway, and had it been a C450 with black interior (they had 6 of those) or a C300, it would be easy to get over 8%
Old 10-09-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Waylon Zeng
Managed to only get 6% off mine.. It was the first in the region with red interior, so their rationale was that it was such a high demand car that they couldn't do any higher. The manager also said they would only be making $100 from the car anyway, and had it been a C450 with black interior (they had 6 of those) or a C300, it would be easy to get over 8%
Still a good deal. But don't you just love the "we're only making $100, bs?!" If one person in the world got a nickel for every time a car buying customer was given that line, they could get them self something nice. Yes, they could!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
6% is a very fair deal, but trust me, no dealer would sell a brand new car like that for $100 profit, that's crap. By their logic, they would be losing money then at 8% if you had chosen the black interior. Just BS
Old 10-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Acura TSX
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Price seems about right, given your ride is loaded to the gills. Most builds have been around $60-65K, yours is over $70 due to the Nappa seats, performance seats, and carbon fiber inside and out....plus you have all of the interior tech. The AMG Steering Wheel is not loaded on the website (mostly bc the MB USA website is a steaming pile of dog****), but you can order it for $500 when placing your actual order through your dealer.

Regarding a discount/negotiation, that depends on your dealer. It's case by case, but if it were me I wouldn't settle for less than 5% off and I'd be negotiating my *** off for 7% target. 5% is doable but 7% will be tough, 3% should be easy. Decide your target and get to work. The rate you get will be dependent on 1) your dealership/salesperson, 2) your ability to negotiate.

Thanks! I'll definitely use this as a reference when I go in and start Negotiating. I think I'll cut some of the options on there! The cranberry red is starting to look better every time I see it.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Acura TSX

Excellent. I was wondering what people thought of the night package. Makes sense if the theme is black to get the night package. I am leaning towards the white however.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Excellent. I was wondering what people thought of the night package. Makes sense if the theme is black to get the night package. I am leaning towards the white however.
Yeah, white seems like the most popular (by far)... the C63's were the same way. I think we should get a good look at the carbon fiber exterior accents once 450fan takes ownership of his: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6578633
Old 10-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 (on order)
Just put a deposit down on a white/black C450 with Multimedia, Hands Free, Pano roof, and others. Coming from a 2013 Audi S4 that just got totaled due to flood damage (hydrolocked engine). Can't wait! They're saying it should take about 1 week for delivery. Loved that S4 so much so should be a nice lateral (or even upward) transition to the C450.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
No worries brother.

This is interesting...

I found out that the AMG floor mats take precedence over the designo mats. And based on the order guide, it looks like they take precedence only when the performance seats are selected.

Notice the white stripe (and brown stripe) on the mats from the top pictures.

The stripes are the same Nappa leather as the seats and door trim. Apparently these mats are pretty freak'n nice, they come up as $428.
So I just got back from test driving the 450 and it had the Designo(non-perf) Platinum interior and it had the same mats you have. When I questioned the dealer he had no clue what I was talking about.
I made some changes to my build since it was still in the green so when he emails me a copy I will reply with this image so he can look into it.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 PM

The Infamous C450
Originally Posted by osubeaver
Just put a deposit down on a white/black C450 with Multimedia, Hands Free, Pano roof, and others. Coming from a 2013 Audi S4 that just got totaled due to flood damage (hydrolocked engine). Can't wait! They're saying it should take about 1 week for delivery. Loved that S4 so much so should be a nice lateral (or even upward) transition to the C450.
Congrats, which dealer did you go thru?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
So I just got back from test driving the 450 and it had the Designo(non-perf) Platinum interior and it had the same mats you have. When I questioned the dealer he had no clue what I was talking about.
I made some changes to my build since it was still in the green so when he emails me a copy I will reply with this image so he can look into it.
So the order guide is completely wrong. If the AMG mats supersede the designo mats and only AMG C-Class' can get designo, there is no way to take delivery of what is in the C-Class order guide... unreal
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
It just dawned on me that your dealer has a designo Platinum model to test drive... that is a little ballzy
Old 10-09-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
So, how was the drive? What did you like and didn't like?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 PM

The Infamous C450
Hi everyone, new to the forums but not to this thread. I've been following this thread for a while. I've done some research on this car for a while and have been waiting to see it at a dealership but to my disappointment nothing in my area (Houston of all places) is carrying more than 1 or 2 at a time. I'm not sure how you guys are optioning out your cars (with the numbers) but I've optioned out a C450 on the MB website. I would like some feedback on this build.

I've found that the MB website doesn't take care of the redundancies and they leave redundant options on there (example: selecting the carbon fiber spoiler + spoiler AND mirrors will double charge). Please look over this build and let me know what y'all think (any additions or subtractions). I did not notice anything about the steering wheel on the website.

-Exterior
Lighting package
Panorama Roof

-Interior
Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Multimedia Package
HUD
Parking Assist
Driver Assist

-Extra
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

This all priced out at 72,890 on the MB website, which is crazy high compared to some of the builds I've seen in this forum.
Few questions on this:
Is this price negotiable (I've never built a car with options, usually just buy at dealership?)

Any feedback would be appreciated! Looking forward to hopefully making an order during November
Good looking build.
I agree with the masses about the night package looking smooth on black but I also don't think it would look that bad on white either. Like it or not, it's your build so I'd recommend looking at some cars with night package and see if you can live without it or if it's a must have. If you definitely don't want the chrome front lip and grey rear diffuser and tips, then $200 is a nice price to black those out. With that said, I just cut night package from my build.

If you're planning on placing an order in November you should contact your local dealership because all 3 local dealerships don't have any allocations in green until January.

As far as pricing, I was able to negotiate a 7% discount off MSRP. Good luck!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:07 PM

The Infamous C450
So the order guide is completely wrong. If the AMG mats supersede the designo mats and only AMG C-Class' can get designo, there is no way to take delivery of what is in the C-Class order guide... unreal
Yeah that makes no sense unless it's only for the C63's.

It just dawned on me that your dealer has a designo Platinum model to test drive... that is a little ballzy
Yeah, he said that they're not allowing that one for tests drives.... buuuut since I have it on my build he wanted me to check it out and oh god that interior is sexy.

Originally Posted by autopal
So, how was the drive? What did you like and didn't like?
The drive was smooth and felt luxurious. The car is tight in the corners and the snap crackle pop from the exhaust sounds good, would be better if it could reach puberty. Needs more growl but overall I'm satisfied.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
By the way guys, the C450 configurator has been fixed. Looks like theyre using AMG stock backgrounds too
Old 10-09-2015, 05:59 PM
awz

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 C300, 2023 EQB 350
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

-Exterior
Lighting package
Panorama Roof

-Interior
Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Multimedia Package
HUD
Parking Assist
Driver Assist

-Extra
Trunk Tray
Wheel Locks

Few questions on this:

Be aware that the expensive spoiler will likely just be attached to the rear deck with double-sided tape like the painted ones. Mine gapped by about 3/32" on both ends at delivery. I had it removed and like the appearance much better. I would have been much more upset if I had paid the CF premium. I recommend that you look at the spoilers on the C450's at your dealer before committing.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by cajun1689
Has anyone received their C450? Mine was built on the 7th and I am waiting for it to be transported to the dealership. Just want to know if anyone has got theirs. I will be picking mine from the austin dealership sometime next week and driving it back to Nola if anyone wants to setup a meetup to check it out let me know.
yup, picked up mine on Sept 28. In Fort Washington, PA.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
We have very similar builds. Love the cranberry red...kinda disappointed that the dash and center console stitching are white instead of red.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG
I know I already posted, but I had mentioned I was getting tint and debadging. You can probably guess what the debadging looks like but here's a quick snap from the cell for the tint..35% all around and is lightened even more by the crystal grey leather on the inside*

Last edited by sliqdaddy91; 10-09-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 PM

The Infamous C450
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
I know I already posted, but I had mentioned I was getting tint and debadging. You can probably guess what the debadging looks like but here's a quick snap from the cell for the tint..
I don't know about everybody else but I look forward to seeing as many photos of the C450 as possible. So as far as I'm concerned, keep em coming. Oh and I don't know what debadging looks like so you can share that too. BTW, it's looking fresh.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I don't know about everybody else but I look forward to seeing as many photos of the C450 as possible. So as far as I'm concerned, keep em coming. Oh and I don't know what debadging looks like so you can share that too. BTW, it's looking fresh.
Agreed... never apologize for extra pics, keep them coming!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:32 PM

C450 AMG

Haha debadging, ignore the brutally bad paint shop skills on the license plate!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:33 PM

C450 AMG

Need to take a better one, this was shot the night of purchase so it's dark!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91

Haha debadging, ignore the brutally bad paint shop skills on the license plate!
Wow...that garage is screaming "lift"

I would love to have a garage ceiling that high.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.