C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 - Short Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 C230
2015 C300 - Short Review

Having had my 2015 C300 for about three weeks, thought I would give a small review. The car is a Nov 2014 build - Steel Grey - Black Leather - Lighting Package - Command - Burmeister System - the only thing it doesn't have is the Airmatic Suspension - This is my 6th C Class and a very noticeable difference from my latest 2013 - to me it feels like the car has more get up and go then the V6 - it has the "sport package" - I did look up the suspension codes and it has the 485 suspension - there is the "gap", but at times I don't even notice it and honestly living in MN with the roads and construction, I like the feel of this suspension vs my 2013 with the sport suspension - question for all: Would putting 19's on the car close that gap?? The jury is still out on the run flats - I have always run dedicated summer 18's and 17's in the winter - sure, there are little things that have to be adjusted and will do that when I get the car in for service A - but all in all I think its a great car. Things I really like:

- Seats - What a HUGE improvement over the past models - makes driving the C300 a real pleasure.

- Adaptive LED's - yesterday was the first night out driving it - WOW - I would never pick up another car without them.

- Burmeister Sound System - really love the sound of this system - had to actually turn the bass down to around 4, as it was way too much at the higher end.

There isn't much I don't like about the car - dedicated radio buttons (like the old days..LOL) its just a short learning curve and changing old habits. The wife loves the car and she has always been an S class or E class person - she currently drives an '05 E500 and is looking at getting the new C - she likes it that much!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
It truly is a fantastic car and a huge step up over the W204. Other competitors like the IS from Lexus are not in the same ballpark.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by pcmb230
Having had my 2015 C300 for about three weeks, thought I would give a small review. The car is a Nov 2014 build - Steel Grey - Black Leather - Lighting Package - Command - Burmeister System - the only thing it doesn't have is the Airmatic Suspension - This is my 6th C Class and a very noticeable difference from my latest 2013 - to me it feels like the car has more get up and go then the V6 - it has the "sport package" - I did look up the suspension codes and it has the 485 suspension - there is the "gap", but at times I don't even notice it and honestly living in MN with the roads and construction, I like the feel of this suspension vs my 2013 with the sport suspension - question for all: Would putting 19's on the car close that gap?? The jury is still out on the run flats - I have always run dedicated summer 18's and 17's in the winter - sure, there are little things that have to be adjusted and will do that when I get the car in for service A - but all in all I think its a great car. Things I really like:

- Seats - What a HUGE improvement over the past models - makes driving the C300 a real pleasure.

- Adaptive LED's - yesterday was the first night out driving it - WOW - I would never pick up another car without them.

- Burmeister Sound System - really love the sound of this system - had to actually turn the bass down to around 4, as it was way too much at the higher end.

There isn't much I don't like about the car - dedicated radio buttons (like the old days..LOL) its just a short learning curve and changing old habits. The wife loves the car and she has always been an S class or E class person - she currently drives an '05 E500 and is looking at getting the new C - she likes it that much!
It's posts like this that make it hard to wait as my C300 (optioned pretty much like you'rs - including the Intelligent LED Lighting package) won't be here until sometime in October. Congrats on your car!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580

The car is truly a class in itself. I hope all the early production gremlins have been ironed out.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:16 PM

'07 C230
People have commented on the wind noise issue - I haven't had that issue - been at 75+ mph a couple of times and yes, one does notice wind noise at that speed..lol. I think there will always be little issues with any model year - some can be taken care of and some we just have to live with.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Congrats on the new C300. So you are saying you got the sport package, but no sport suspension? Is that what you wanted? It is my understanding that adaptive LEDs are illegal in the US for anything other that turning the Hi Beam on and off. I could be wrong, but I have seen many reviewers of this car say that.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
People have commented on the wind noise issue - I haven't had that issue - been at 75+ mph a couple of times and yes, one does notice wind noise at that speed..lol. I think there will always be little issues with any model year - some can be taken care of and some we just have to live with.
I don't think wind noise is an issue, is the car bank vault quiet, no. Is there some wind noise during cross winds? definitely. Overall the car is very quiet even at full speed. IMO the wind brings itself more notice since everything else is basically silent.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hpilot
Congrats on the new C300. So you are saying you got the sport package, but no sport suspension? Is that what you wanted? It is my understanding that adaptive LEDs are illegal in the US for anything other that turning the Hi Beam on and off. I could be wrong, but I have seen many reviewers of this car say that.
I don't think your last comment is accurate. The Intelligent LED Lighting system in the US includes the following:

Active full-LED headlamps and LED taillamps
Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Active Curve Illumination
Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I don't think your last comment is accurate. The Intelligent LED Lighting system in the US includes the following:

Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Correct.
A lot of people confuse the LEDs on the car because there are 2 optional LEDs. The base cars has no LED headlights, then there are LEDs that dont swivel and only one of the lamps is LED and finally there are the active LEDs, where both lamps are LED and they swivel. They also adjust their brightness etc. Best headlights ever made, period.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by rbrylaw

Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Well maybe they just changed the law:

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/merce...al-in-the-usa/

http://jalopnik.com/a-50-year-old-re...hea-1594900077

Last edited by hpilot; 08-24-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c4004matic
Correct.
A lot of people confuse the LEDs on the car because there are 2 optional LEDs. The base cars has no LED headlights, then there are LEDs that dont swivel and only one of the lamps is LED and finally there are the active LEDs, where both lamps are LED and they swivel. They also adjust their brightness etc. Best headlights ever made, period.
I'm really looking forward to having the Intelligent LED Lighting package in my car. When I placed my order, I didn't include them. I had a feeling I had made a mistake, almost left the dealership, but walked back into the order persons office and had her change the order immediately to include them. I would have regretted not getting them.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The law must have changed if it's now available from Mercedes in the US.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:41 PM

'07 C230
Yes, these swivel and adjust - simply amazing - my wife even commented on them and she knows nothing about cars other than driving nice Benz's..lol. If you have the option, I would highly recommend going with the lighting package, you won't be sorry.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM

2015 C300
Yes, these swivel and adjust - simply amazing - my wife even commented on them and she knows nothing about cars other than driving nice Benz's..lol. If you have the option, I would highly recommend going with the lighting package, you won't be sorry.
I find that amazing. I have very purposely tried to notice any adjustment, and I can never see any - only the turning lights that come on with the turn signal. The high beam has never come on, probably because you have to be on a road with absolutely no other cars or street lights. They are nice and bright when I turn on the high beams manually. Sure beats halogen!

Last edited by hpilot; 08-24-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I find that amazing. I have very purposely tried to notice any adjustment, and I can never see any - only the turning lights that come on with the turn signal. The high beam has never come on, probably because you have to be on a road with absolutely no other cars or street lights. They are nice and bright when I turn on the high beams manually. Sure beats halogen!
Yes the high beams require almost absolute darkness, however, don't forget to turn the high beams on. I have on occasion wondered why they weren't coming on automatically only to find they were off They are also wonderful to remind other drivers to turn off their high beams, a quick flash is enough to burn other driver's retinas.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:31 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Correct.
I did some more research, and I was correct. The law is still in effect, and therefore Mercedes has crippled the Adaptive Highbeam Assist to comply. All the best features have been disabled. All it does is switch the highbeams on and off, and adjusts the range of the lowbeams (check your manual). In Europe they call it Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus. The Partial Main-Beam feature that does all the cool stuff is gone. Here is the full system:

2015 C300 - Short Review-img_0177.png

The Motorway Mode is also Missing:

2015 C300 - Short Review-img_0176.png

This also does not work. The only thing you can turn on and off is the Daytime Running Light:

2015 C300 - Short Review-img_0174.jpg

So my original statement vis-à-vis my post is correct. The links in my last post also confirm this. It's just to bad the outdated US laws will not allow us to use the full functionality of the Adaptive Highbeam Assist.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I did some more research, and I was correct. The law is still in effect, and therefore Mercedes has crippled the Adaptive Highbeam Assist to comply. All the best features have been disabled. All it does is switch the highbeams on and off, and adjusts the range of the lowbeams (check your manual). In Europe they call it Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus. The Partial Main-Beam feature that does all the cool stuff is gone. Here is the full system:

The Motorway Mode is also Missing:

This also does not work. The only thing you can turn on and off is the Daytime Running Light:

So my original statement vis-à-vis my post is correct. The links in my last post also confirm this. It's just to bad the outdated US laws will not allow us to use the full functionality of the Adaptive Highbeam Assist.
We certainly don't have an intelligent light submenu. However the lights do vary intensity, swivel into curves and the high/low beams switch automatically. I guess our adaptive LED system is "dummyfied". Interestingly it does seem to have the fog setting mentioned in the article you put above. The US mid level system both the LED lens and the non LED one are fixed.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Good info hpilot!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
So what exactly does the adaptive lighting system do then?

Does the curve adjustment work?
Does the auto HI/LOW work?
Does it actually do any adaptation of the beam form/shape for oncoming or following cars?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by tivoboy

Does it actually do any adaptation of the beam form/shape for oncoming or following cars?
It does auto high low.
It does curves.
I dont know if it adjusts the beam. It would be dificcult to tell since the beam always seems to be higher on the passenger side in on low beam.
It also looks cool when you turn on the car since they do yoga moves when they turn on
One other thing, the system seems to always disable itself when you raise the ride height (airmatic).
Old 10-28-2015, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
So what exactly does the adap itive lighting system do then?

It does auto high low.
It does curves.
I dont know if it adjusts the beam. It would be dificcult to tell since the beam always seems to be higher on the passenger side in on low beam.
It also looks cool when you turn on the car since they do yoga moves when they turn on
One other thing, the system seems to always disable itself when you raise the ride height (airmatic).
Old 10-28-2015, 01:21 PM

2015 C300

As far as I can tell:

The first two - yes
The last one - no.