C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

and then some...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by skullboy
Can we assume that the ELW will pretty much be the same price for all C450 ? If so do you mind sharing what the price is or PM me? Thanks.
Yeah, I think we can share that... I didn't get pricing on all of the ELWs, but the 7yr/75K was $1750.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Yes, it seems like eternity. But in fairness, those who ordered the C350e deserve trophies for the patience they've show.

I spoke with my salesguy this afternoon. I told him if the car does indeed arrive in the US on Thursday, there is no excuse for it being here for delivery next week. I suggested he have both cars ready at 1:00 P on the 6th as that's when we'll be there to take delivery. That will give them a full week and a day to get the car 5 hours south of the VPC.
Cool...so at 3pm on the 6th, we will either have pics of two nice shinny new mercs, or you beating a salesman senseless
Old 10-27-2015, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Cool...so at 3pm on the 6th, we will either have pics of two nice shinny new mercs, or you beating a salesman senseless
Prolly, the later........LOL

On your price for the ELW, I had written down prices someone posted they paid Mark and the price I have for the 7yr 75K was $1300 from Mark. Is the difference you paid because you've a C450?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Prolly, the later........LOL

On your price for the ELW, I had written down prices someone posted they paid Mark and the price I have for the 7yr 75K was $1300 from Mark. Is the difference you paid because you've a C450?
I think that was a 6yr/75K on a C300...right? I think the C450 falls under the AMG ELW pricing (I know the wheel & tire protection did).
Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think that was a 6yr/75K on a C300...right? I think the C450 falls under the AMG ELW pricing (I know the wheel & tire protection did).
Yes, you are right. It was the 6 yr 75K. If I do get the extended warranty, that's what I'll likely get. I would also expect the C450 ELW prices to be more than a C300.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Yes, you are right. It was the 6 yr 75K. If I do get the extended warranty, that's what I'll likely get. I would also expect the C450 ELW prices to be more than a C300.
Yep...I think that is true. I'll see what else I can dig up on that.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Yep...I think that is true. I'll see what else I can dig up on that.
Here is some good info... this looks the the MSRP price list: http://www.mercedesbenzcary.com/exte...y-pricing.html

$2500 was the price that Marc was thinking that I was quoted at delivery (I was actually quoted $2300).
Old 10-27-2015, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks. This is great information!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
Yeah, I think we can share that... I didn't get pricing on all of the ELWs, but the 7yr/75K was $1750.
Nice, thanks. I will probably go for the same 7/75K when the car arrives. Did you also buy PPM from him ?
Old 10-28-2015, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by skullboy
Nice, thanks. I will probably go for the same 7/75K when the car arrives. Did you also buy PPM from him ?
Yeah, the 4yr PPM was $1225.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
Yeah, the 4yr PPM was $1225.

So another $3K for these packages. But then this is nothing compare to the cost of buying these for a Porsche. LOL.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Thx guys... My motto on this build was "no regretz." I really didn't want to come back and say "I wish I had included this or that..." The final MSRP was $72,955. I think we determined that it was the second most expensive C450 in the country (only to be outdone by someone that had a build with designo paint and carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler). My cost was significantly less (as I was able to get a substantial discount being related to one of the employees).
Cannot believe how cheap this car was compared to france mine was around 70k usd and although well specced, 250 bluetec estate, airmatic 4matic with full driving assistance pack and hud built to order i do not have the full media package ie just audio 20, nor leather no pano roof and no memory seats........designo here is just as eye watering as usa looking at the price you quote but the basic price of cars seems just so much lower explains why you all change them so readily! Moving up from a 4 pot to a 6 is a big jump even going from the 2.1 diesel engine in its 220 guise to my 250 guise is around 1500 to 2000 euro. Mind you emissions and consumption are high on everyones agenda here so the price jump added to government taxes at first registration means most people are now dissuaded from buying the bigger engines. Consider yourselves lucky to have such good cars so affordable!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by parkwood
Cannot believe how cheap this car was compared to france mine was around 70k usd and although well specced, 250 bluetec estate, airmatic 4matic with full driving assistance pack and hud built to order i do not have the full media package ie just audio 20, nor leather no pano roof and no memory seats........designo here is just as eye watering as usa looking at the price you quote but the basic price of cars seems just so much lower explains why you all change them so readily! Moving up from a 4 pot to a 6 is a big jump even going from the 2.1 diesel engine in its 220 guise to my 250 guise is around 1500 to 2000 euro. Mind you emissions and consumption are high on everyones agenda here so the price jump added to government taxes at first registration means most people are now dissuaded from buying the bigger engines. Consider yourselves lucky to have such good cars so affordable!
I agree... the more that I see what people are paying from around the world, the more fortunate I feel. (The funny thing is that this car costs more than my first house ).
Old 11-03-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300

For the paint/carpet/leather protection, I'll write up some initial thoughts on that and then maybe a periodic update regarding how well (or not so well) it is doing. The tech gave me a box (customer care kit) with car wash and cleaner that I need to figure out. Also there is a corresponding leather care kit that I still need to get.
If you need any advice on car care, exterior or interior I can guide you with that. I order all my professional detailing stuff from Autogeek and am a bit of a weekend warrior car detailer. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can help you pick out what to use.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
If you need any advice on car care, exterior or interior I can guide you with that. I order all my professional detailing stuff from Autogeek and am a bit of a weekend warrior car detailer. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can help you pick out what to use.
Cool...thx man

...what would you "go to" leather cleaner be for blue jean stains on leather? (I am just holding my breath until this happens )
Old 11-03-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
Just noticed your tyres are Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR. SSR denotes they are BMW spec in the UK. MO means Mercedes original equipment spec. Would have thought that would be the same over there. It is basically a different tyre.

Last edited by Luton Driver; 11-03-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Luton Driver
Just noticed your tyres are Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR. SSR denotes they are BMW spec in the UK. MO means Mercedes spec. Would have thought that would be the same over there. It is basically a different tyre.
Yep, those are the default 19" tires that MB uses on these models in the US. I have actually replaced those tires with CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 XL (that's why I had it up on the lift in the third set of photos). I'll be selling the run flats pretty soon.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:21 PM

2014 C300
Cool...thx man

...what would you "go to" leather cleaner be for blue jean stains on leather? (I am just holding my breath until this happens )
Depends, you said you got interior protection on the fabric and leather do you now what they used? If not it's fine my recommendation if the leather has in fact been coated (and not just conditioned) is just a simple cleaner such as:

Wolfgang Leather Cleaner: http://www.autogeek.net/wg2500.html

Or Lexol: http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat.html

I am biased towards Wolfgang products but both should do the job. For tough stains I recommend getting a Horse Hair brush like this: http://www.autogeek.net/natural-hors...ery-brush.html

Any horse hair brush will do, the key thing here is it's good enough to agitate the cleaners in the spray but not so stiff that it will mark up the leather or degrade the finish. Use the spray with either a microfiber cloth or terry cloth, terry cloth with a thick nap can be especially good for tough stains.

Do NOT get a leather conditioner or cleaner/conditioner combo if the leather has been coated. The reason being that the conditioner will not penetrate the coating and instead will stay on the surface attracting dirt and grime. If the leather has not been coated, just merely conditioned then something like this would be better: http://www.autogeek.net/pileclco.html This is Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner.

All the above products will not leave a glossy sheen. I am not a fan of shiny, greasy interiors similar to what one sees with Armor All and the like. These cleaners are water based and will not stain either.

Last edited by DapperStyle; 11-03-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Depends, you said you got interior protection on the fabric and leather do you now what they used? If not it's fine my recommendation if the leather has in fact been coated (and not just conditioned) is just a simple cleaner such as:

Wolfgang Leather Cleaner: http://www.autogeek.net/wg2500.html

Or Lexol: http://www.autogeek.net/lexsprayleat.html

I am biased towards Wolfgang products but both should do the job. For tough stains I recommend getting a Horse Hair brush like this: http://www.autogeek.net/natural-hors...ery-brush.html

Any horse hair brush will do, the key thing here is it's good enough to agitate the cleaners in the spray but not so stiff that it will mark up the leather or degrade the finish. Use the spray with either a microfiber cloth or terry cloth, terry cloth with a thick nap can be especially good for tough stains.

Do NOT get a leather conditioner or cleaner/conditioner combo if the leather has been coated. The reason being that the conditioner will not penetrate the coating and instead will stay on the surface attracting dirt and grime. If the leather has not been coated, just merely conditioned then something like this would be better: http://www.autogeek.net/pileclco.html This is Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner.

All the above products will not leave a glossy sheen. I am not a fan of shiny, greasy interiors similar to what one sees with Armor All and the like. These cleaners are water based and will not stain either.
This is great info... Thx man!

Here is a summary of the stuff I had applied (from the C450 AMG Sport thread):
I did the paint/carpet/leather protection yesterday (that the dealership offered (TST)). Reviews of this stuff all seem to knock it as a dealership's way to shake down customers (which it probably is), but the guy that does it full time at the dealership, likes it and uses it on all of his own cars (and hooked me up for less than a fourth of the normal cost ...so it was kind of a no brainer). (I don't think the markup is 75%, apparently they buy and pay for this stuff in a quantity that can cover a GL regardless of the vehicle being covered... so he has extra, a lot of extra I would imagine).

I also swapped out the run flats for Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Ultra High Performance All-Seasons... and then proceeded to drive for three hours (home and then to a bed and breakfast).

Wow... it was like night and day. ...I actually can't wait to drive home.
Any experience with TST?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
I wanted to ask you, how do you like the RIDE on those 19" AMG wheels? I'm thinking about them over stock but don't want the SO to feel every single bump in the road.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by tivoboy
I wanted to ask you, how do you like the RIDE on those 19" AMG wheels? I'm thinking about them over stock but don't want the SO to feel every single bump in the road.
Western PA roads are plagued with potholes, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the wheels and also happy with the ride from the DWS06 tires. I have been using the "comfort" mode which does a pretty good job of eliminating a lot of the bumps. I would be willing to bet that the 18" ride with run flats is probably really close to the 19" ride without run flats.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:33 PM

2014 C300
This is great info... Thx man!

Here is a summary of the stuff I had applied (from the C450 AMG Sport thread):

Any experience with TST?
No experience with it but my limited search shows me it is a type of sealant and for the interior it's similar to scotch guard for avoiding seeped in stains. You'll be okay with the leather cleaner and a terry cloth. Do you wash your own car? If not please don't take it to those automatic rotating brush car washes to avoid getting swirls and scratches.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
No experience with it but my limited search shows me it is a type of sealant and for the interior it's similar to scotch guard for avoiding seeped in stains. You'll be okay with the leather cleaner and a terry cloth. Do you wash your own car? If not please don't take it to those automatic rotating brush car washes to avoid getting swirls and scratches.
Cool...so I can go with Wolfgang Leather Cleaner: http://www.autogeek.net/wg2500.html?

I definitely won't be doing the rotating brush car washes, but while we are talking car washes, what's the consensus on the brushless car washes?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C400
Hi Vipershade, - Get pics of your car! You've got the exact same color - Palladium Silver and Titanium Multi spoke wheels as on my C450 and I also ordered Conti DWS tires for winter running. Great minds think alike I guess! I have the option of swapping the Titanium Multispoke wheels for Bi Color Black/Grey Titanium wheels, - do you think that is a good asthetic for this color of car?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:57 PM

2014 C300
Cool...so I can go with Wolfgang Leather Cleaner: http://www.autogeek.net/wg2500.html?

I definitely won't be doing the rotating brush car washes, but while we are talking car washes, what's the consensus on the brushless car washes?
Honestly it depends. I'm sure you know what swirl marks are, if not here is a picture of what they look like:

With Palladium Silver cars like mine and yours the swirls are hidden more easily due to the way it reflects light. What causes these marks are dirty brushes at car washes moving rapidly across the car paint but also when the car is being wiped down by the car wash employees. Those towels have tons of dirt and contamination that didn't fully come off when the car went through the wash which they then rub into your paint while they are wiping it down. Another reason is if the water recycling/filtering system isn't thoroughly maintained you are getting dirty water with various contaminates hitting your car at high speed while it's getting "washed". If you have a truly touchless car wash in which no one is coming over to wipe down your car then that would be your option.

I LIKE cleaning my car. When I paid someone to clean my family's car before I got my C300 it would never be clean enough and tons of swirls. My C300 has never seen a commercial car wash outside of the dealership which I have been satisfied with because it's done in house. My honest recommendation would be the following:

Winter time:
Just go to a coin operated pressure wash DIY car wash they have at gas stations and such and use the rinse function to blast away any dirt and grime. Go home and use a rinse less wash. A rinse less wash is a type of car wash that doesn't require a hose and as the name suggests you don't need to rinse the car. You fill a bucket with warm water, a wash mitt and rinse less , you have spray bottle with the same solution in it spray one panel at a time like the roof to pretreat for a few seconds before you wipe it down with the mitt. After your done you wipe dry or spray some spray wax as your wiping to dry and wax at the same time. You move on panel by panel and leave the wheels for last. Honestly you can do a rinse less wash in under 20 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Summer time:
Same as above but you can skip the pressure wash if you have a hose, just hose down the car first and don't bother with rinsing. If you don't have a hose and you don't wait months on end to wash your car you can just use the rinse less wash without hitting it with water. I only recommend the Coin Op in the winter because of the salt and crud that comes with snow.

Since your car already has a coat of sealant on it the pressure wash alone should make a ton of dirt and grime slide off. It won't replace a real wash but if you only had time to do a pressure wash it should look pretty good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: and then some...