C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford C-Max
AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?

I'm planning on ordering a S205 as a company car, but unfortunately budget restriction force me to make a choice between an Avantgarde/Sports model with Airmatic, or an AMG model without Airmatic. As the consensus is that the standard AMG suspension is too stiff for most drivers, I'm considering a lowered comfort suspension (677).

Does anyone have pics of the ride height with this suspension? I have a fear the wheel cage gap will be too big.

Do any of you drive this setup, or did any of you drive it in the past? What are your thoughts?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 250cdi 4matic, amg ext/int, 485 suspension
Don't have pictures to share, from what I have seen, AMG model with lowered comfort suspension (677) looks perfect to my eyes.

Take care as 677 suspension is not available on all setups (e.g. most 4matic versions are not allowing it ).

Regards,
amo

Originally Posted by AphexBE
I'm planning on ordering a S205 as a company car, but unfortunately budget restriction force me to make a choice between an Avantgarde/Sports model with Airmatic, or an AMG model without Airmatic. As the consensus is that the standard AMG suspension is too stiff for most drivers, I'm considering a lowered comfort suspension (677).

Does anyone have pics of the ride height with this suspension? I have a fear the wheel cage gap will be too big.

Do any of you drive this setup, or did any of you drive it in the past? What are your thoughts?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Ford C-Max
Thanks for answering. I've checked with the dealer today, and he says he never saw an AMG-Line c-class with 677 suspension thus far. He claims I shouldn't be too worried about the 485 sports suspension that's standard on an AMG-line, and that a Merc is tuned for comfort either how. He set me up with a test drive on 485 suspension (as well as one on Airmatic) later this week. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:22 AM

Ford C-Max
Ok, so I've driven an AMG line with sports suspension (486) today: I can honestly agree that the sport suspension is not too bad. I deliberately took some backroads and grummy asphalt, making sure not to miss the big holes in the road, and while it is firm, it's not as bad as I imagined.

The question whether an agility control lowered suspension (677) would be better still stands though: neither my local garage nor the national dealership could provide me with a lowered comfort suspension model to look at. My garage never saw one, the dealership had one that wasn't there at the moment, and even then they weren't sure whether it was an AMG line model or not.

So if anyone has a pic of an AMG line model with the 677 suspension, that would be much appreciated.

But nevertheless, since that particular suspension is so hard to find and thus installed to rarely, I assume I might just to go with the sports suspension.

(On a sidenote, I've also driven a C300 hybrid with Airmatic. Way out of budget for me, but I can highly recommend it! What a car!)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes C W205, Previous: Mercedes ML W164
Originally Posted by AphexBE
Ok, so I've driven an AMG line with sports suspension (486) today: I can honestly agree that the sport suspension is not too bad. I deliberately took some backroads and grummy asphalt, making sure not to miss the big holes in the road, and while it is firm, it's not as bad as I imagined.

The question whether an agility control lowered suspension (677) would be better still stands though: neither my local garage nor the national dealership could provide me with a lowered comfort suspension model to look at. My garage never saw one, the dealership had one that wasn't there at the moment, and even then they weren't sure whether it was an AMG line model or not.

So if anyone has a pic of an AMG line model with the 677 suspension, that would be much appreciated.

But nevertheless, since that particular suspension is so hard to find and thus installed to rarely, I assume I might just to go with the sports suspension.

(On a sidenote, I've also driven a C300 hybrid with Airmatic. Way out of budget for me, but I can highly recommend it! What a car!)
If I'm not wrong. A C class AMG line model with the 677 suspension looks the same as a C class AMG line with airmatic put in sport suspension, because it lowers the vehicle by 1inch relative to comfort mode. You can see it in my video about airmatic. When I drive in sport mode the drive doesn't feel that less comfortable. I notice a bit more stiffer/sportier suspension, but some people won't even notice the difference. Hope the video helped a bit.

Last edited by DutchTim1; 01-10-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 250cdi 4matic, amg ext/int, 485 suspension
went to dealer on Saturday but didn't find any AMG line car with 677.

please check the explanations / definition of suspension options here:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ie/content/...n/chassis.html

677 is the lowest car you can get without special lowering tools. IMO, it is the best trade-off you can get between driving experience, look and comfort ( when you compare 485 vs 486 vs 677, excluding AIRMATIC ).

regards,
amo
The following users liked this post:
74Etoile (04-17-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 09:53 AM

Ford C-Max
After careful consideration, and some test drives with both a 486 sports suspension and my current car (which I find quite comfortable), I decided to just go for the 486 suspension. It's honestly not that bad, and I was actually starting to fear whether a lowered comfort suspension wouldn't be too soft, heh. So I jumped ship and ordered the 486. Anyway, if I find anything noteworthy on driving experience, I'll update this post after the car's been delivered.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:56 AM

E55 AMG
i want to lower my 485 confort w205 c220, so my options are to change them to OEM springs or get H&R lowering springs. the issue with the H&R is that i would need homologation to pass the ITV plus considering europea parkings it could be an issue since the cars wheel gap is a about a finger, and i am not a fan of the slammed down look anyways.

so i decided to research the OEM springs, after investigating with the dealer agent, we found out that the varios AMG line cars he had in the dealership all came with 486/677 springs, they are the same part number with small differences considering the equipment each vehicle has and stiffness wanted to achive. the main difference between them to sport 486 or 677 suspensions are the rest of the parts like shocks, sway bars etc...

so the details will be sent by my friend in the dealership this week and will buy the necessary parts to lower my car OEM style.

price isn't as high as i thought after getting all parts necessary apparently will come up to $400 approx in parts only. the y won't replace them in the dealership since its not a MB approved parts swap.

Attached Thumbnails AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?-img_6796.jpg   AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?-img_6881.jpg   AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?-img_6884.jpg   AMG-line with 677 lowered comfort suspension?-img_6885.jpg  

Last edited by Handalw211e55; 09-02-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:41 AM

2005 e55 AMG
Don

[QUOTE=Handalw211e55;6905458]i want to lower my 485 confort w205 c220, so my options are to change them to OEM springs or get H&R lowering springs. the issue with the H&R is that i would need homologation to pass the ITV plus considering europea parkings it could be an issue since the cars wheel gap is a about a finger, and i am not a fan of the slammed down look anyways.

so i decided to research the OEM springs, after investigating with the dealer agent, we found out that the varios AMG line cars he had in the dealership all came with 486/677 springs, they are the same part number with small differences considering the equipment each vehicle has and stiffness wanted to achive. the main difference between them to sport 486 or 677 suspensions are the rest of the parts like shocks, sway bars etc...

so the details will be sent by my friend in the dealership this week and will buy the necessary parts to lower my car OEM style.

price isn't as high as i thought after getting all parts necessary apparently will come up to $400 approx in parts only. the y won't replace them in the dealership since its not a MB approved parts swap.

DONE, changed my exclusive 485 for the 486/677 springs ( and other parts) and avantgarde struts and shocks and gkt the lowest OEM ride possible.