C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Post your C450 with Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by Albanmtexas
I still don't understand what you mean. They wouldn't fit.
Within the wheel wells.

Your car, so if you like it that's all that matters. I'm just after the flush look. So as aggressive as possible but within the body of the car.

FYI, I gained about 5mm of extra clearance after the h&r springs.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Well, they definitely do not look stock, so Mission Accomplished.
The following users liked this post:
Star4life (07-24-2017)
Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Albanmtexas
Couldn't be happier!!! I want the aggressive look. If I wanted the stock look I would have never bought wheels.

This looks horrid. This is what they call mexi-flush. On a MB.

If you lowered the car they might actually camber tuck in and look decent, but as it stands it looks god awful.

This does not fit, regardless on your standard or style preference. This is coming from someone who can get behind bagged cars with stretched tires, etc.

This is laughably bad. A cheap and uneducated attempt at fitment.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
I gave up on wheels for the C450. After seeing all aftermarket options and the aftermarket photos here, I have come to conclude that the stock wheels look best no matter what you guys do to it. ::drops mic::
Old 05-31-2016, 10:07 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
I think even 10.5 will fit in the back with no problem, but 8.5 in front maximum..
235 will fit perfectly on my rims, not sure about 245.
275 in the rear will fit, even 285 i think will fit
I have 9 in the front with 245/30 R20 and I have no issues with rubbing or clearance. Especially when vehicle is lowered with a slight camber.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
I gave up on wheels for the C450. After seeing all aftermarket options and the aftermarket photos here, I have come to conclude that the stock wheels look best no matter what you guys do to it. ::drops mic::
I agree, I haven't seen anything I prefer over a properly lowered and spaced factory wheel set up.

Usually not the case for me, but the factory 19's look pretty perfect with the car.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:29 AM

2016 Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa
I agree, I haven't seen anything I prefer over a properly lowered and spaced factory wheel set up.

Usually not the case for me, but the factory 19's look pretty perfect with the car.
Then why are you here on the aftermarket wheels post trying to bash everyone.. Create a new thread called how good my c450 looks with factory wheels and you guys can have all the fun you want... This thread is not the right one for you. That's why I still own a Grancoupe all my buddies on the BIMMER forums are not afraid to get a proper stance without affecting performance.. Stick with your factory car how u love it and be merry.
The following 2 users liked this post by EuroGarage:
janusgrimnitz (06-01-2016), NYCSoiL (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by EuroGarage
Then why are you here on the aftermarket wheels post trying to bash everyone.. Create a new thread called how good my c450 looks with factory wheels and you guys can have all the fun you want... This thread is not the right one for you. That's why I still own a Grancoupe all my buddies on the BIMMER forums are not afraid to get a proper stance without affecting performance.. Stick with your factory car how u love it and be merry.
I like your set-up, not sure if I like it more than the stock wheels.

Think you're missing the point. But, hey if you want to defend some **** *** set up, go for it (not referring to yours).

You are generalizing. I have defended your set-up. Don't be a tool.

When I defended you: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-wheels-6.html

A set-up I would like more than stock if it weren't for the machined look:

Last edited by alexasa; 05-31-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 AM

2016 Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL

Looks great
NYCSoiL (06-01-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
^That does look really good.

I once asked my kid brother, who's a mechanic, what the harm might be in lowering offset with spacers, or in using a wheel with lower offsets than OEM. (I've done both BTW). He said to get two bowling *****, one in each hand and hold them with your arms extended straight down and resting at your side.

That, he said, is the front suspension geometry with factory offsets.

Now with your arms held straight, raise the bowling ***** up and outward away from your side and hold them in that position. That's the effect on the suspension of lowering the offsets.

When I asked him if that was "bad", he said it depends on how strong my arms were. In other words, the suspension may or may not be able to compensate for the way the load changes.

He asked me why I wanted to change offsets in the first place and I said it was because I wanted my car to look cooler. He said it sounded stupid that he spent all day fixing cars that had broken down for people who needed reliable transportation to work and I was contemplating spending a couple grand to f up my brand new Mercedes because it didn't more closely resemble a race car. (My brother is kind of crotchety. His wife never puts out.)

But I did it anyway, and to an extent he was right. Eventually vibrations crept in up front and despite changing tires, rebalancing and all the other stuff you try when you don't want to give up the cool look, I went back to OEM offsets (same wheels, same tires, no spacers) and everything smoothed right out again.

From an engineering perspective, the "proper" stance retains the factory geometry. I try to stay at the OEM offsets up front, but the rear is less sensitive and I've gone very aggressive 20mm spacers back there with no problems.

The guy who suggested the OEM wheels are the best choice has a point in that when you're considering aftermarket options, don't forget to consider that your favorite wheel might be the ones already on the car.

Here's my last comment on wheels, and drops as well for that matter, and I'm not referring to any of the cars in this thread specifically. It's one thing to look at a beautiful picture of a dropped car with flush Plus One or Plus Two wheels and fall in love, but you can't drive a photograph. If you could drive them, you might discover that sometimes the price of beauty is steep in terms of ride degradation. Of course, you may decide the trade off is worth it, or you may feel there's no trade off at all.

I've done drops, Plus Ones, Plus Twos, lower offsets/big spacers, and there was always a trade off as far as I could tell.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Mike5215

I once asked my kid brother, who's a mechanic, what the harm might be in lowering offset with spacers, or in using a wheel with lower offsets than OEM. (I've done both BTW). He said to get two bowling *****, one in each hand and hold them with your arms extended straight down and resting at your side.

Now with your arms held straight, raise the bowling ***** up and outward away from your side and hold them in that position. That's the effect on the suspension of lowering the offsets.

When I asked him if that was "bad", he said it depends on how strong my arms were. In other words, the suspension may or may not be able to compensate for the way the load changes.

He asked me why I wanted to change offsets in the first place and I said it was because I wanted my car to look cooler. He said it sounded stupid that he spent all day fixing cars that had broken down for people who needed reliable transportation to work and I was contemplating spending a couple grand to f up my brand new Mercedes because it didn't more closely resemble a race car. (My brother is kind of crotchety. His wife never puts out.)

But I did it anyway, and to an extent he was right. Eventually vibrations crept in up front and despite changing tires, rebalancing and all the other stuff you try when you don't want to give up the cool look, I went back to OEM offsets (same wheels, same tires, no spacers) and everything smoothed right out again.

From an engineering perspective, the "proper" stance retains the factory geometry. I try to stay at the OEM offsets up front, but the rear is less sensitive and I've gone very aggressive 20mm spacers back there with no problems.

The guy who suggested the OEM wheels are the best choice has a point in that when you're considering aftermarket options, don't forget to consider that your favorite wheel might be the ones already on the car.

Here's my last comment on wheels, and drops as well for that matter, and I'm not referring to any of the cars in this thread specifically. It's one thing to look at a beautiful picture of a dropped car with flush Plus One or Plus Two wheels and fall in love, but you can't drive a photograph. If you could drive them, you might discover that sometimes the price of beauty is steep in terms of ride degradation. Of course, you may decide the trade off is worth it, or you may feel there's no trade off at all.

I've done drops, Plus Ones, Plus Twos, lower offsets/big spacers, and there was always a trade off as far as I could tell.
Many agreeable points here.

I think some are losing sight that there are hundreds of aftermarket wheel options that work for this car without the need of spacers. Completely custom forged offerings from the likes of HRE, Adv.1, and Rotiform to name a few, are readily available. It just comes down to C450 owners willing to dish out the cash for it.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C450

I can't believe b a l l s is censored out.

Not that I don't agree with you, also adding stress to the suspension components with spacers etc. But typically aftermarket wheels weigh less than oem. So we remove a bit of weight in the process which usually allows the suspension to react a little quicker.

Weird, now it's not censored. Must be my phone
Old 05-31-2016, 12:59 PM

2016 Mercedes C450 AMG

What your saying is true to an extent. However, to make the car cost efficient Mercedes does not place all the best products on their vehicle. There are aftermarket products out there that are better than your standard OEM that will make the vehicle have a softer or better ride quality or perhaps if you want a performance based vehicle. What ever your needs may be which includes lowering as well. There are a lot of good products out there however they are costly and its whether someone wants to dish the funds or not. Everyone has their own opinion and beliefs, I've been in the industry for 15 years auto body and mechanical repairs and I've built cars for circuit and track. Appreciate your input
Old 05-31-2016, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Yeah, I get that to an extent. Definitely true with audio. But it's not like lower offset wheels would cost Mercedes more, and they know that a flush fitment is a more attractive aesthetic. Same with ride height. Shorter springs aren't any more expensive.

Which is why every one-off non functional show car any manufacturer ever builds has enormous wheels filling the wells, rubber band sidewalls and is slammed. The design guys get full reign.

I don't think a low, aggressive ride height and low offset wheels get nixed by the accounting department. I think they get killed by the engineering department, especially on a mass produced, bread and butter car like the C, which has to suit a broad swath of drivers.

Which I guess goes to your point that in some cases like the C, if you want the cool stuff you have to go aftermarket. On a car like the GTS for example, Mercedes knows that car serves a very narrow sliver of the market and they can go ***** out on the aggressive stuff.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:54 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by OSMS_Carlsson
Looks good, worthwhile investment.

Wheels are the biggest change to the look of a car, and it can also be the most expensive modification, so it is easy to appreciate when someone has spent the money to do the right set up. Everyone knows that a cast wheel from China retails for about $300-400 each depending on brand and finish, and most may or may not know that doing a Forged wheel whether 1pc or multi pc will cost depending on size, brand, and finish minimum $900-1500ea. but hey, people could have bought a Camry instead of starting with a Mercedes and driven the same miles, but I think most will prefer the Mercedes! So enjoy!

Jim
Jim, do you think these will fit the 450?
Avant Garde M368, Dolphin Grey with Milled Spoke Pockets

Front, 19x8.5, ET20, 5x114.3

Rear 19x9.5, ET40, 5x114.3
Old 05-31-2016, 09:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi

Wrong bolt pattern man needs to be 5x112
atl 2 chi (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:18 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by nadeau
Wrong bolt pattern man needs to be 5x112

Crap, what was I thinking? Wait, I wasn't.

Thanks for the correction bro.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C450
Those offsets would also push them past the fender.
Apparently some people are striving for this look.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi

Bolt circle is wrong...that set up sounds like a set up for a Mustang.

ET20 is not going to work. I think some here have settled on running a 8.5 with a ET30, maybe 35? Which probably gives the clearance for the brakes and suspension needed, but is pushing pretty far out the fender...running with the smaller tire probably allows the tire stretch and round the shoulders to compress within the fender under load and going in driveways at an angle, but this might be just a little too aggressive for some.

I still think the 450 would be best fit with a 19x8.0 ET32 with a 19x9.0 with a ET37 rear with the factory 225/255 combo. Just my 02!

This may not be big enough for some, but then all your really doing is taking away the 1/2 inch from the inside that no sees or cares about what's on the inside, so not really sure how to please your request, but I think a Mercedes-Benz is not a car you play with like you would a VW or a Honda, I think the wheels on a Mercedes should be an investment, not a purchase...you're spending top dollar on the car, why all of a sudden shop for cheap inexpensive wheels...which make the biggest change on the appearance of the car? Think of it as wearing a nice Hugo Boss suit and then with the jacket open you are wearing an Armani Xchange T-shirt

Just My 02
Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang gt 2015
Long shot but can anyone help me?

I have 2015 300c will these wheels fit?

Will these wheels fit my car without any problems?
( not comming out of fenders)

Model Name: 195112MERM143MB / 195112MERM143MBR
Wheel Size: F 19x8.5 R 19x9.5
Wheel Fitment: This set up is for 2008 and newer C Class 2009 and newer CLK and 2011 and Newer E Class and More!
Tire Size:
Please See Other Add!

Center Caps: Wheels Pictured with OEM Factory Caps!
Finish: Matte Black Machined Stripe
Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Offset:: F +45 R +45

Last edited by futbol90x@gmail; 06-01-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Place to check offsets and fitment

I didn't like OEM set up because i didn't feel the car steady. It felt wobbly. With +1 size it feels steady. Exactly what i was looking for. As far as for the suspension, i don't mind if it will last 30k miles instead of 60k. I will return it at the end of the lease with maximum 20k miles on it. And i agree that lowering springs are bad. Coilovers are way to go if you want to be lower..
Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM

C450
Originally Posted by futbol90x@gmail

I have 2015 300c will these wheels fit?

Wheel Size: F 19x8.5 R 19x9.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Offset:: F +45 R +45
Yes, that should fit a C300.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C450amg 2016
Originally Posted by alexasa
This looks horrid. This is what they call mexi-flush. On a MB.

If you lowered the car they might actually camber tuck in and look decent, but as it stands it looks god awful.

This does not fit, regardless on your standard or style preference. This is coming from someone who can get behind bagged cars with stretched tires, etc.

This is laughably bad. A cheap and uneducated attempt at fitment.

You sound like a uneducated tool. If you could read you would read that I stated it was getting lowered to complete the stance and look. Everyone on this thread hating needs to get a life. Everyone has a prefrence. I like aggressive stances. Plain and simple you can like yours stock and Boring and my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by Albanmtexas:
NYCSoiL (06-02-2016), paulatl (06-10-2018)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 PM

C450
Post aggressive pics, expect aggressive opinions. In my opinion you've gone past aggressive and achieved sillyness.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Don't misunderstand. We all like the look of flush offsets and an aggressive stance. You just went past flush and the consensus is it looks bad. On the rears especially. At the end of the day it's your car, so if you like it, our opinions don't really matter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your C450 with Aftermarket Wheels