C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

General consensus on current C300 W205 tunes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
here is another pow wow with rocco and i guess he is going to test the tune on in house test car. Let see what does he come up with and i agree if i get BS i will ask for money back.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C400 4Matic
Thanks for the update. Keep us in the loop.
I decided I am going to order the Dinan unit.
I called themthis afternnon. Great customer service, very informative.

I figure, lets face it their unit makes the same power if not more than even a flash tune at this point in the game. Also, he said they will work further into the tunes for Mercedes as time goes on.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 Mercedes C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jatt143
here is another pow wow with rocco and i guess he is going to test the tune on in house test car. Let see what does he come up with and i agree if i get BS i will ask for money back.

Wow this is getting ridiculous! The Reference to the "4Matic from MA on 93 Octane..." is my dyno results in Colorado on 91 Octane, which OE Tuning is now using on their web page - compare the URL above to the dyno results on post #31

Between overstated hp gains and forcing everyone to produce dyno test results - OE Tuning you're blowing it on one of the largest forums on the net! At least offer to pay for people's dyno tests while we all help you "figure out" what's wrong with your programming...

Last edited by Tartan43; 09-19-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: correct a typo
The following users liked this post:
Nardoswiss (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 11:12 PM

Just came back from Dyno shop and attached is the results. Same power as stock.

Will be calling OE tuning monday

Jatt, which runfile # is the dyno pull with the stock ECU or are these all pulls with the OE Tune applied? Also, did you keep /can get the runfiles from the dyno shop? if so, can you load them in to Dynojet runviewer (http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/dow...tware/Firmware) and set the CF to SAE Smoothing (not STD).

Sorry strike that last part - the results from the BMS dyno test (post #12) are in Correction Factor: STD (slightly cooler air and higher barometric pressure reference conditions). Note that their test car produced only 179.81 HP with stock ECU.

Last edited by Tartan43; 09-19-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 AM

2018 C63s AMG
All pulls are with OE Tuning and AWE Exhaust ( K&N Filter not sure if it makes any difference to power ). never got the run file but i guess if needed i can go and ask for that tommrow.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:34 AM

All pulls are with OE Tuning and AWE Exhaust ( K&N Filter not sure if it makes any difference to power ). never got the run file but i guess if needed i can go and ask for that tommrow.
god knows I'm not defending OE Tuning, but consider that each engine has slightly different power characteristics. So while dyno results cannot be compared across different engines, environmental conditions, dyno calibrations, etc. directionally speaking, compared to my car's stock ECU producing 200hp peak (CF SAE) your test results are disappointing. However compared to BMS' test car producing 179hp (CF STD) on the stock ECU, your results are great.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG in drag
Originally Posted by Tartan43
god knows I'm not defending OE Tuning, but consider that each engine has slightly different power characteristics. So while dyno results cannot be compared across different engines, environmental conditions, dyno calibrations, etc. directionally speaking, compared to my car's stock ECU producing 200hp peak (CF SAE) your test results are disappointing. However compared to BMS' test car producing 179hp (CF STD) on the stock ECU, your results are great.
I think cars.com also run their completely stock C300 and got ~211 whp. During my dyno pulls I got 212 whp and I don't have AWE.

Last edited by Nardoswiss; 02-07-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added dyno results
Old 09-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C43 Sedan
At the end of the day, it's kind of unfortunate you have to pay money out of your own pocket to discover there was no change in performance. I 100% agree OE Tune should reimburse you for your dyno pull. I'm really hoping this gets resolved and OE Tune finds out what is causing this issue with your tune.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on OETune, but want to wait to see how this pans out. That Dinan tune is looking more and more attractive...

Please continue to keep us posted!
Old 09-20-2016, 02:19 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
We are working through this with both members. The cars we dyno tested, RWD an 4-matic did show positive results. What we are missing here are stock baselines before tuning for each car. We are comparing 2x tuned cars and tuned runs only, with no baseline runs to compare.
We are looking for a member with a recent release (1-3 month old car) C300 local to SoCal who would be willing to make their car available for dyno testing our tune and any updates required. Please email only if you are interested, sales@oetuning.com

4-matic dyno:

4-matic C300 Dynograph, Before vs After Tuning
Nardoswiss (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 03:02 PM

2020 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
We are working through this with both members. The cars we dyno tested, RWD an 4-matic did show positive results. What we are missing here are stock baselines before tuning for each car. We are comparing 2x tuned cars and tuned runs only, with no baseline runs to compare.
We are looking for a member with a recent release (1-3 month old car) C300 local to SoCal who would be willing to make their car available for dyno testing our tune and any updates required. Please email only if you are interested, sales@oetuning.com

4-matic dyno:

4-matic C300 Dynograph, Before vs After Tuning
PM Sent!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Dinan Tune Update

I have gotten a few PM's inquiring about the Dinan tune after I've had it for a few weeks. Seeing as it appears I am only one of a handful of people that have went that route at this point I figured I would post directly into the thread and save myself the multiple PM's.

Since install I have driven the car from time to time as its mainly my wife's daily driver but every time I do I still find it enjoyable with the tune. Doesnt have the "laziness" it first had when it was stock. I can say I find myself being a bit more ambitious doing normal chores such as going to the store. Slamming on the throttle a bit on the freeway just because is not uncommon whereas before the lack luster throttle response always made me shy to do just that as it was disappointing. Neither I, nor my wife have experienced any problems with the tune in general. Everything seems to be working as intended other then maybe going through the tire tread a bit faster then previously. lol

There was also an update to the bluetooth app that added s digital boost gauge and tweaked some visual things as far as I can tell. Nothing major mind you, and the app still has some flaws, but it does give me hope that additional tweaks and improvements will continue to be made which is just as important is it simply working out of the box in my opinion. The possibility of product development continuing and it getting better is a great selling point.

For $300 I have no regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat. Its a win win product when you are looking at all the option on the market. Even if you move on its a small investment so it wont hurt you. From what I am reading on the BMW side of things (my main car) is that the unit actually stacks on top of ECU tuning in BMW world. I have to assume it does on a MB as well so if I do eventually upgrade to an ECU tune the little piggyback isn't worthless and I can still use it as an added boost controller should I so desire. You know... for science.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:09 PM

2020 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by HelzRage
I have gotten a few PM's inquiring about the Dinan tune after I've had it for a few weeks. Seeing as it appears I am only one of a handful of people that have went that route at this point I figured I would post directly into the thread and save myself the multiple PM's.

Since install I have driven the car from time to time as its mainly my wife's daily driver but every time I do I still find it enjoyable with the tune. Doesnt have the "laziness" it first had when it was stock. I can say I find myself being a bit more ambitious doing normal chores such as going to the store. Slamming on the throttle a bit on the freeway just because is not uncommon whereas before the lack luster throttle response always made me shy to do just that as it was disappointing. Neither I, nor my wife have experienced any problems with the tune in general. Everything seems to be working as intended other then maybe going through the tire tread a bit faster then previously. lol

There was also an update to the bluetooth app that added s digital boost gauge and tweaked some visual things as far as I can tell. Nothing major mind you, and the app still has some flaws, but it does give me hope that additional tweaks and improvements will continue to be made which is just as important is it simply working out of the box in my opinion. The possibility of product development continuing and it getting better is a great selling point.

For $300 I have no regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat. Its a win win product when you are looking at all the option on the market. Even if you move on its a small investment so it wont hurt you. From what I am reading on the BMW side of things (my main car) is that the unit actually stacks on top of ECU tuning in BMW world. I have to assume it does on a MB as well so if I do eventually upgrade to an ECU tune the little piggyback isn't worthless and I can still use it as an added boost controller should I so desire. You know... for science.
Thanks for the updates! Just to clarify one thing I saw earlier on this thread, I spoke with a Dinan rep and they confirmed the HP listed on the dyno on the product page is actually at the crank, not at the wheel.

Not knocking on this tune as it absolutely seems like an amazing tune for its cost, but just want to make sure everyone's evaluating it accurately.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by z8achoc18
Thanks for the updates! Just to clarify one thing I saw earlier on this thread, I spoke with a Dinan rep and they confirmed the HP listed on the dyno on the product page is actually at the crank, not at the wheel.

Not knocking on this tune as it absolutely seems like an amazing tune for its cost, but just want to make sure everyone's evaluating it accurately.
Ah yes, they do measure at the crank. Dinan is notorious for this and I am used to it from them in the BMW world so I didn't think about it. Did a tour of the facility about 5 years ago or so during a BMW CCA event and they actually have a engine dyno they use on site for race motors as well as street tuning so I've always been accepting of the practice since they have the tools at least. But you are correct it should be noted so you know what you are looking at.

Something else that is also funny with them when speaking of the numbers and their charts that I wasn't made aware of until I picked up the tune from the shop was that their data reported is actually with the device in sport+ mode which is the next to highest setting. The shop said it had to do with octane and why they chose to display numbers in that mode instead of maxed out. I regularly crank it up to the highest setting (race) and haven't experienced any issues. So while they are reporting at the crank they also arent reporting the device on the maximum setting. Odd, but I assume there is reasoning.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM

2016 C400 4Matic
Thank you very much for the info and feedback.
I ordered my Dinan from Auto talent yesterday.
I didn't want to wait around for the actual results vs claimed w OE. Looks like even if they fix their issues probably won't be much more power if any anyway.
Ordered a K&N to go w it and looking at AWE Touring as a possibility.
Worst case if something actually turns out to make more power it was less than a $300 investment.

Thanks again for your time.

Originally Posted by HelzRage

Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 PM

2018 C63s AMG
I thought you loose 25% WHP with 4matic cars? if that's the case my non 4matic should produce more power with OE tune. am i correct?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by lobe50
Thank you very much for the info and feedback.
I ordered my Dinan from Auto talent yesterday.
I didn't want to wait around for the actual results vs claimed w OE. Looks like even if they fix their issues probably won't be much more power if any anyway.
Ordered a K&N to go w it and looking at AWE Touring as a possibility.
Worst case if something actually turns out to make more power it was less than a $300 investment.

Thanks again for your time.

nice!. I want aware autotalent was a Dinan dealer. Looked on their site and saw no mention of Dinan, good news to hear they are. Seem to be good people to work with
Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM

2016 C400 4Matic
Yes Golan at AUTO Talent said he just found out himself lol
Old 09-21-2016, 12:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
Originally Posted by subzero05
nice!. I want aware autotalent was a Dinan dealer. Looked on their site and saw no mention of Dinan, good news to hear they are. Seem to be good people to work with
We are a Dinan dealer . Our site has not been updated in a number of years. It is currently in the middle of being redone with an online store. It takes forever!!

Yes Golan at AUTO Talent said he just found out himself lol
Old 09-23-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Mercedes C300 Sport
Will Ng Thank you very much for the info and video. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Makes me feel confident that Dinan is the tune to go with. I am going to call them tomorrow with a few question, and most likely order.
Thanks Again!!
Not a problem man! I just ordered my Dinan tune today! Looks like you did too haha, let me know the results Comparing the BMS, OE () dynos to Dinan, for $300 bucks its a no brainer.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:53 PM

2018 C63s AMG
anyone with OE Tune has seen Bluetooth phone pairing issue? I had the issue 2 month ago took the car down to dealer and they did fw update which fixed the issue and since i sent my ECU for tuning i have seen same issue come back where i have hard time pairing my phone with radio and even when it does it doesn't display what I'm playing and song progress bar.

Only thing i can think of is OE tune is based on older FW?
Old 09-23-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W205 C250 2016
is ~ 25whp gain, is around the same using BMS Stage1. Dinan is easy to install and cheaper.

Originally Posted by z8achoc18

Old 09-24-2016, 12:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Mercedes C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Abohunu
is ~ 25whp gain, is around the same using BMS Stage1. Dinan is easy to install and cheaper.
Yeah exactly after comparing BMS dynos to Dinan and converting it from WHP to HP..it's around the same...and you get even more torque gains with Dinan.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:44 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by Will Ng
Yeah exactly after comparing BMS dynos to Dinan and converting it from WHP to HP..it's around the same...and you get even more torque gains with Dinan.

let us know how you like it!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3
This is pretty bad ; if anyone is in Tri-State area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) you have 1 of the best guys at @EuroDynamic (check their instagram) as they do Custom Tune
Old 09-26-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4Matic, 2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
Got the dinan unit and got it installed last Thursday. As I use iPhone and the app is only for android I have to stay with the sport + setting. So for the first few days I'd say I'm happy with it. Not sure if the hp/tq claims are right as mentioned b4 those are at crank not wheel numbers so they might be right. I'm not looking to dyno it. I am using it with the k&n drop in filter. Turbo seems to spoil much faster at low rpm and during shifts with medium throttle it doesn't seem to fall off when u shift up like it did b4. Honestly where I feel the most improvement is once your over 60mph the thing just keeps wanting to pull if I didn't care about having cheap insurance and a license I'd keep going and see at what speed it starts to fall off. I have taken it to 110. Overall I drive in in eco and it just feels more responsive in all gears. Mpg have gone down. In eco mode I used to get 26-27 cruising in town now it's at 23-24 might just be that I'm in the throttle more to hear the turbo kits bov spacer do it's job. Once I put some more miles and drive time in I will post again
SoCalC300 (09-27-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: General consensus on current C300 W205 tunes?