C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Prepaid Maintenance and Tire/Rim Insurance Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016 | 04:01 PM

2016 OB Black AMG c63s
Prepaid Maintenance and Tire/Rim Insurance Questions

Hello All,

I am excited to share I will be taking delivery of My OB Black C63s on Wednesday!

I am happy to join the family here!

I know the dealership will hit me with a whole bunch of add ons when I sign the lease. I will be probably wanting to sign anything they put in front of me that day, as I will be so excited to hear that exhaust sound.

I am interested in Pre-paid maintenance and tire insurance.

They have quoted me $1400 for 2 year PP Maintenance and 3 year at 1900. I can see they are overcharging me , as the MBUSA site quotes 1300 and 1800.

Whats the least amount I can expect to pay? Can I buy PP Maintenance from another dealer? Can this be residualized in the lease? (if so I must buy from my dealer)

Lastly they quoted me 1695.00 for 3 year tire insurance. Is that a good price? Again can I purchase elsewhere at a cheaper price?

The car is a on a 3 year lease 10k per year.

Thanks for your advice!

Strike
Old 05-31-2016 | 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Would not buy 3rd party wheel and tire insurance. It almost never covers what they say it covers. It will cover an impact to the wheel that bends the rim to the extent it no longer will hold air. If it will hold air, no amount of cosmetic damage or bend/warp is covered. It will not likely cover curb rash, although the F&I guy will swear it does.

Ask to see the actual long form contract and review the Exclusions. I never get prepaid maintenance, so I'm not sure it's a good value or not.

Visit my blog. There's a section about add ons:
Www.carbuyingsite.wordpress.com

You can capitalize the PPM and wheel insurance but you'd need to buy those products from the dealer at time of sale.
The following users liked this post:
Matthew G (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016 | 09:00 PM

2016 OB Black AMG c63s
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Would not buy 3rd party wheel and tire insurance. It almost never covers what they say it covers. It will cover an impact to the wheel that bends the rim to the extent it no longer will hold air. If it will hold air, no amount of cosmetic damage or bend/warp is covered. It will not likely cover curb rash, although the F&I guy will swear it does.

Ask to see the actual long form contract and review the Exclusions. I never get prepaid maintenance, so I'm not sure it's a good value or not.

Visit my blog. There's a section about add ons:
Www.carbuyingsite.wordpress.com

You can capitalize the PPM and wheel insurance but you'd need to buy those products from the dealer at time of sale.
Great Blog! Thanks for the tips!
Old 06-02-2016 | 12:12 PM

2015 C300
i dont know what country you are from so im not sure if your quote was for American dollars or not....but i paid $700 USD for my 3 year plan, that's Service A, B and C...

they told me it was a big discount (which i thought was just a sales gimmick) but i figured what the hell, it's my first luxury car, let's just do it.

then i took it to the dealer recently for Service A, and even the service advisor was saying that it's almost a 40% discount...which im not sure if it's accurate, but coming from a service advisor, i dont see why he would make it up. he knows the prices and what i paid for it so i figure i got a good deal
Old 06-02-2016 | 12:42 PM

2016 OB Black AMG c63s
Originally Posted by LateC300
i dont know what country you are from so im not sure if your quote was for American dollars or not....but i paid $700 USD for my 3 year plan, that's Service A, B and C...

they told me it was a big discount (which i thought was just a sales gimmick) but i figured what the hell, it's my first luxury car, let's just do it.

then i took it to the dealer recently for Service A, and even the service advisor was saying that it's almost a 40% discount...which im not sure if it's accurate, but coming from a service advisor, i dont see why he would make it up. he knows the prices and what i paid for it so i figure i got a good deal
What dealership? Maybe I will give them a call for a price.
Old 06-02-2016 | 03:23 PM

2015 C300
that was MB of Marin in north bay area CA
Old 06-02-2016 | 05:35 PM

2018 GLC43 AMG
The should residualize these into the lease, they did on a c300 coupe I just leased.

I wouldn't pay more for the prepaid maintenance that mbusa.com has it listed for. I paid $1495 for the MB wheel and tire insurance with a $50 deductible per incident.
Old 06-02-2016 | 10:02 PM

2016 OB Black AMG c63s
Originally Posted by dmcconnell68
The should residualize these into the lease, they did on a c300 coupe I just leased.

I wouldn't pay more for the prepaid maintenance that mbusa.com has it listed for. I paid $1495 for the MB wheel and tire insurance with a $50 deductible per incident.
I took delivery of my c63s yesterday.

The dealer said they were not allowed to residualize it in the lease because its an AMG. I would have purchased otherwise after beating them up on the price. The finance person actually recommended I DO NOT purchase Pre Paid Maintenance. (wow)

I was wondering if I can get it at a substantial discount from another dealer. Then I may pull the trigger.
Old 06-03-2016 | 10:08 AM

2019 E63S
I was told by my sales at point of sale that MB maintenance is a ripoff lol. Still i am somewhat compelled to shop for a 4yr PP maintenance as I don't think I will feel as comfortable getting my car maintained elsewhere. If I can get a good price on the package I will. I would say 1200 for a 4yr maintenance is reasonable.