C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB Star C4 MB SD connect 4 diagnosis tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W176
MB Star C4 MB SD connect 4 diagnosis tool

Hi guys, I am thinking to purchase a set of MB Star C4 (Panasonic cf19) + Vediamo for my local W205 club.

The question I wanna ask is, besides using it for diagnosis purpose, is this gadget able do to software coding & programming to enable/disable extra function like video in motion, disable start/stop feature or even change the start up screen to AMG logo etc???

There's a local shop providing the software coding service but the price is ridiculously high.

If you have one in hand, please do share your experience. thanks.
The following users liked this post:
chanyou sin (05-03-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes you an do all that with experience and understanding the cars systems. Remember you can't code a module that does not have that feature on the car.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by sfliu
Hi guys, I am thinking to purchase a set of MB Star C4 (Panasonic cf19) + Vediamo for my local W205 club.

The question I wanna ask is, besides using it for diagnosis purpose, is this gadget able do to software coding & programming to enable/disable extra function like video in motion, disable start/stop feature or even change the start up screen to AMG logo etc???

There's a local shop providing the software coding service but the price is ridiculously high.

If you have one in hand, please do share your experience. thanks.
You may want to do your research prior to spending the money, especially if you're looking at buying a genuine MB Panasonic touchscreen unit and mux (which are very pricey). The Chinese clone systems work OK, but for the W205 you're mostly dealing with diagnostic support. There are still things you can do such as teach-in processes etc, but for the W205, MB largely disabled support for offline coding using Xentry (well, not entirely, but effectively) , so to do any module software updates requires Online SCN, which needs a dealer login to work. You can do some of the things you want in Vediamo, but also be wary of that. Several of the modules in the car are protected (i.e. locked; e.g. the engine ) and although you can read data, you won't be able to write config bits back unless you have the key algorithm to unlock it. There are people who will sell you an unlock (most are session based) and the same holds true for Online SCN coding, but it's a shady business IMO.

I bought a kit just over a year ago (see here if you want to read about that experience). You may also want to take a look on the MHH Auto forum where a lot of the underground hang out to discuss or sell services for tweaking modules, software, Vediamo etc. Don't get your hopes up for getting much help over there though, but you will see various discussion on the types of topics you raised.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 PM

W176
Thanks for your sharing, I will explore further on this.

I have been asking the invitation code from MHH Auto for quite some time now but no luck, it seems like a strict forum to join.

Originally Posted by DBOC205
You may want to do your research prior to spending the money, especially if you're looking at buying a genuine MB Panasonic touchscreen unit and mux (which are very pricey). The Chinese clone systems work OK, but for the W205 you're mostly dealing with diagnostic support. There are still things you can do such as teach-in processes etc, but for the W205, MB largely disabled support for offline coding using Xentry (well, not entirely, but effectively) , so to do any module software updates requires Online SCN, which needs a dealer login to work. You can do some of the things you want in Vediamo, but also be wary of that. Several of the modules in the car are protected (i.e. locked; e.g. the engine ) and although you can read data, you won't be able to write config bits back unless you have the key algorithm to unlock it. There are people who will sell you an unlock (most are session based) and the same holds true for Online SCN coding, but it's a shady business IMO.

I bought a kit just over a year ago (see here if you want to read about that experience). You may also want to take a look on the MHH Auto forum where a lot of the underground hang out to discuss or sell services for tweaking modules, software, Vediamo etc. Don't get your hopes up for getting much help over there though, but you will see various discussion on the types of topics you raised.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:40 PM

W176
Yes, thats what i intend to do!! Get to know more and hopefully can tweak the function a little here and there.

Originally Posted by Plutoe
Yes you an do all that with experience and understanding the cars systems. Remember you can't code a module that does not have that feature on the car.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:54 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
I have been asking the invitation code from MHH Auto for quite some time now but no luck, it seems like a strict forum to join.
I wouldn't call it strict .. but it is certainly a tight-knit and guarded community. Not much is shared for free. It's also full of opportunists willing to cash in, so be wary of that. Once you get on, I suggest you post actual problems rather than just questions. People seem more open to help those which demonstrate that they are hacking the systems. If you simply ask "how do I do VIM" for example, you can expect a lot of silence in return. Involvement from those that know a lot only seems to come when you've experimented yourself and have run against the proverbial brick wall or you've stuffed up your car in the process
The following users liked this post:
sfliu (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 10:38 PM

W176
Very informative, thanks for sharing bro

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-w205-yet.html
Old 12-21-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Thanks for your sharing, I will explore further on this.

Yes MHH forum need money to buy a account.And the guy talk about chinese MB SD C3/C4/C5,I buy a clone one from UOBD2
V2017.12 MB SD C4 Star Diagnosis with WIFI for Cars and Trucks with Free DTS Monaco & Vediamo
http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/mb-s...diagnosis.html
Old 01-14-2018, 08:39 AM

S205 C180 AMG-line
Originally Posted by Chasen11
Yes MHH forum need money to buy a account.And the guy talk about chinese MB SD C3/C4/C5,I buy a clone one from UOBD2
V2017.12 MB SD C4 Star Diagnosis with WIFI for Cars and Trucks with Free DTS Monaco & Vediamo
http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/mb-s...diagnosis.html
Does this kit work well with W205?
The page does not list W205 but as far as I understad a kit with UDS-chip will make it possible to diagnose W205..
Old 01-14-2019, 02:36 AM

GLC250d
If anyone will need Online SCN or latest Xentry installation service, check my thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/market/732859
Old 01-14-2019, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
if anyone needs coding or special files i have all the unlocked files i am willing to sell. or i can sell services to you. i can code anyone in domestic usa. i also have oem sd connect. i am on mhha and been on for a while and can tell you pretty much anything w205 related on there. ask away. also willing to sell crash course in vediamo to get you up and going quickly. as that is the only way to code w205 cost effectively.. you can also use dts monaco but i prefer vediamo as it is easier to get my hands on.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:49 AM

C200
Originally Posted by PatrikN78

Does this kit work well with W205?
The page does not list W205 but as far as I understad a kit with UDS-chip will make it possible to diagnose W205..
Newest update is 03.2019 for this mb sd connect c4,i got information several days ago from my dealer,it is support W205 diagnosis and online programming (can not support Doip).