C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Need help buying a 2015 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Need help buying a 2015 C300

Hey everyone used to own a 2002 clk55 but been gone from Benz for a while trying to get back.

Anyways, I’m looking to get a 2015-2016 C300 but I’m so confused on the packages and options. For example which ones have the amg wheels and which ones are sport package. Also, premium package features, led headlight, they just seem so scattered around. Some have it and some don’t, and it doesn’t really say what specific feature each vehicle has. So, basically need some help. One thing I know is the base package wheels and I don’t like those. I do want sport package for sure and led headlamps, anything such as navi are extras, or Lane assist and such would be nice but not necessary.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Buy a certified pre-owned. Most of them have LED lights. The sports package has the AMG wheels, which are 19in, however the run flats make for loud thuds when going over minor bumps. Also look for a late build (april 2015 or higher) if you're going to get a 2015. Otherwise opt for a 2016, although I don't know if the lease for those are up yet. The early build 2015s have lots of issues, ranging from wrist pin defects- which cause engine rattling noise, to leaking / bleeding seats; both of which my car had to deal with. Luckily, all of it was covered by warranty, but it was a headache bringing it back to the dealer over and over again. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
sooo...you want to get premium package, multimedia package, LED headlamps, and sport package. Wheels vary even in sport models so just look for what you like....good luck in your search!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:25 PM

clk55
I see, so when you guys say sport package do you mean the amg line or is there a different sport package option cuz even on the mb site there is no such thing. Unfortunately, in my area most of them are base with no led headlamps. I found few with the amg upgrades but again don’t know if that’s considered sports package.

Ill defientelt look look out for this issues, I’ll look for later 2015 if anything thanks.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 PM

clk55
Originally Posted by Elbandito
Buy a certified pre-owned. Most of them have LED lights. The sports package has the AMG wheels, which are 19in, however the run flats make for loud thuds when going over minor bumps. Also look for a late build (april 2015 or higher) if you're going to get a 2015. Otherwise opt for a 2016, although I don't know if the lease for those are up yet. The early build 2015s have lots of issues, ranging from wrist pin defects- which cause engine rattling noise, to leaking / bleeding seats; both of which my car had to deal with. Luckily, all of it was covered by warranty, but it was a headache bringing it back to the dealer over and over again. Good luck!
thanks for pointing those out I would’ve never knows. Now I just need to find one.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Originally Posted by Bmwr1d3h
I see, so when you guys say sport package do you mean the amg line or is there a different sport package option cuz even on the mb site there is no such thing. Unfortunately, in my area most of them are base with no led headlamps. I found few with the amg upgrades but again don’t know if that’s considered sports package.

Ill defientelt look look out for this issues, I’ll look for later 2015 if anything thanks.
AMG is different from sports package. Sports package includes bigger rims, sports pedals, more chrome / vents on the exterior, and some other stuff I can't think of. Google sports package and it'll tell you whats included
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 PM

clk55
AMG is different from sports package. Sports package includes bigger rims, sports pedals, more chrome / vents on the exterior, and some other stuff I can't think of. Google sports package and it'll tell you whats included
ok thanks I think I got it, good thing I asked I thought the amg line was the sport package with a different front bumper and wheels.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC W205
My mother-in-law gave us her January 2015 build C300 4matic last month. Thanks for letting me know about "The early build 2015s have lots of issues, ranging from wrist pin defects- which cause engine rattling noise, to leaking / bleeding seats; both of which my car had to deal with." We just picked the car from the dealer for recall of starting current limiter and smell coming from the engine. The smell has been reported by lots of blog post. Also had the engine steam cleaned to see over time for leaks. Basically the issue with the smell from what I have read has been unsolvable. On the plus side, this car is really fun to drive.