C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Memory car seat not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Memory car seat not working

My driver's seat adjust memory (the passenger seat memory works fine) won't work, but I can manually adjust my seat using the buttons. This seems to occur every time I take my car in for maintenance or a car wash and someone,
usually the technician, manually moves my seat forward or backwards disabling the memory seat function. In the past I've taken it to the dealer and they've done something to reset the program.

When I manually push the seat adjustment button forward...the car seat moves forward a few inches and then stops.. I again have to depress the button and it moves up a few more inches. I essentially can't adjust the seat using any of the
three memories and can't store any settings,,, but I can manually adjust my seat using the buttons. The steering wheel still moves out of my way when I enter or exit the vehicle .. so I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the
easy entry/exit feature (I've tried that reset protocol before).

Any help would be appreciated..
Old 05-09-2018, 04:08 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Reread the manual on how to use the memory seat buttons. Set up three different memory settings. Move the seat manually and then hold down the one of the memory buttons permanently and see whether the seat adjusts to what was stored. If the seat adjusts properly you're fine. If it doesn't then you'll need to pay a visit to the dealership.
​​​​​​
Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 PM

c200
Originally Posted by versusg
My driver's seat adjust memory (the passenger seat memory works fine) won't work, but I can manually adjust my seat using the buttons. This seems to occur every time I take my car in for maintenance or a car wash and someone,
usually the technician, manually moves my seat forward or backwards disabling the memory seat function. In the past I've taken it to the dealer and they've done something to reset the program.

When I manually push the seat adjustment button forward...the car seat moves forward a few inches and then stops.. I again have to depress the button and it moves up a few more inches. I essentially can't adjust the seat using any of the
three memories and can't store any settings,,, but I can manually adjust my seat using the buttons. The steering wheel still moves out of my way when I enter or exit the vehicle .. so I'm not sure if this is the same issue as the

Same issue. any luck?
Old 06-22-2019, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S550
Originally Posted by versusg

Have you found a resolution for this? I have the exact same issue in my S class. Annoying
Old 12-23-2019, 05:01 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Seeing the exact same issue in my c300.
Does anyone know what the dealer does to reset seat?
I don't think anything is broken. Is there a reset we can do?
Dealer want 170 just to look at it...

Last edited by kingc300; 02-02-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Solved….

For some reason the seat seems to forget it’s range of motion. You need to help it relearn it’s range. When the memory buttons don’t move the driver seat…but you can manually adjust them…you have to move your seat (every possible way) from one end to the other. So the seat all the way forward then all the way back. Do this for the seat back, the seat height, everything.

while you’re doing this you’ll notice the seat will only move slightly then stop. You will have to keep pressing until you reach the end of each direction. Once you do this you will see that the movement will no longer stop and go uninterrupted until the end of the track. Once you get all the functions moving freely without stopping the memory buttons should once again move the driver seat.

p.s. I drive a w213
The following 3 users liked this post by TresX:
Fero (11-23-2023), killawatt (06-16-2022), sacho1979 (06-18-2024)
Old 08-19-2022, 05:40 PM

GLC300 4 matic
Didn’t work for me😒
Old 05-16-2023, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S600 W221 2006 model
Mercedes memory seat Malfunction

Originally Posted by TresX
For some reason the seat seems to forget it’s range of motion. You need to help it relearn it’s range. When the memory buttons don’t move the driver seat…but you can manually adjust them…you have to move your seat (every possible way) from one end to the other. So the seat all the way forward then all the way back. Do this for the seat back, the seat height, everything.

while you’re doing this you’ll notice the seat will only move slightly then stop. You will have to keep pressing until you reach the end of each direction. Once you do this you will see that the movement will no longer stop and go uninterrupted until the end of the track. Once you get all the functions moving freely without stopping the memory buttons should once again move the driver seat.

p.s. I drive a w213
Yes I have tried this method and it fixed my issue. Thou my seats were able to move freely without stopping while I did the above method.
The following users liked this post:
Fero (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 12:52 PM

2019 E 63 S AMG

p.s. I drive a w213
I had the same exact issue after the service. I applied it and works perfectly. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:18 PM

glc 200

p.s. I drive a w213
same problem and this is the best solution … thank you