C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 resonator delete (factory sport exhaust)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C300
C300 resonator delete (factory sport exhaust)

I got a 2018 C300 with a factory sports exhaust in it. The thing when when you select sport / sport+ in dynamic select, the exhaust got a little bit sound increase and also sometimes pops & crackles when shifting gears.

The reason I want to delete only the resonator is I want to make the exhaust more louder. I’m not planning to do a full exhaust change because I really like that I can change the exhaust sound just by switching the in car dynamic select, as opposed to push the button on the extra remote. I’m not planning to do a straight pipe too because when I check the exhaust, I think the factory exhaust flap are located at the rear muffler.

Have any of you guys with C300 with sport exhaust done the resonator only delete? How’s the sound? I already checked my friends C200, it got two huge resonator, while mine only got 1 little resonator. I’m afraid deleting just 1 little resonator won’t add much sound increase.

Thanks

Old 06-12-2018, 04:08 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 C 300 4MATIC
Trying to improve the sound on a 2L 4cyl is fruitless pursuit. These cars sound groovy when people start screwing with the exhaust.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 PM

W205 C300
Yes, if you compare it with a V6 V8 etc. I previously drove a V6 E350, I4 328i. And I think the I4 C300 exhaust note (with sport exhaust of course) is way much better than any other I4 car, and not too far a way from my old E350. I’m afraid too if I delete the resonator, I’ll get those groovy honda sounds like you mentioned before. That’s the reason I ask.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:09 PM

2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sedan
What size X Pipe does 2017 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC Sedan?

I am doing a resonator delete with a Magnaflow X Pipe. What is size of the Magnaflow X Pipe I should get?
Old 05-09-2021, 04:08 AM

2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Sedan
Difference in X Pipe

What is the difference between Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tru-X Pipe 10782 vs Magnaflow Stainless Steel X-pipe 10792 on a 2017 Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC Sedan?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
2015 c300 Sport
Originally Posted by Avery Hadley
I am doing a resonator delete with a Magnaflow X Pipe. What is size of the Magnaflow X Pipe I should get?
it’s a single exhaust pipe. Explain how you plan to put an x pipe in. An x pipe is 2 inlet and 2 outlet. It isn’t possible. And resonator delete isn’t going to change the actual note much, it’ll just make it louder
Old 05-10-2021, 12:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
na
I had two stock resonators and recently deleted the last remaining one. It is now too loud even with (aftermarket) mufflers but I also have a sport downpipe which contributes to the sound increase over stock.
If you delete both resonators, be prepared to put an aftermarket resonator in. But if you still have stock mufflers and downpipe, then maybe it wouldn't be too loud.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:45 PM

Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by pussgalore
I had two stock resonators and recently deleted the last remaining one. It is now too loud even with (aftermarket) mufflers but I also have a sport downpipe which contributes to the sound increase over stock.
If you delete both resonators, be prepared to put an aftermarket resonator in. But if you still have stock mufflers and downpipe, then maybe it wouldn't be too loud.
Do you have any videos of what it sounds like?
Old 02-04-2022, 09:57 PM

na
Originally Posted by WC30018
Do you have any videos of what it sounds like?
No unfortunately. I don't have a go pro or whatever is necessary to film it. I recorded the noise using iPhone and regular earphones though. I now have a Borla resonator.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:53 PM

Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by pussgalore
No unfortunately. I don't have a go pro or whatever is necessary to film it. I recorded the noise using iPhone and regular earphones though. I now have a Borla resonator.
if you don't mind me asking, what's your exhaust set up, and do you like it?
Old 02-05-2022, 12:56 AM

na
Originally Posted by WC30018
if you don't mind me asking, what's your exhaust set up, and do you like it?
I have a FI-exhaust 200cell sport downpipe, Eisenmann sport mufflers and midpipe, front resonator replaced with a borla one, rear resonator delete, pp-performance tune.

Eisenmann mufflers and midpipe (= mid resonator delete) changed the tone deeper but not so much louder than stock. I really liked the sound but still was too quiet for me. I was supposed to get a Race version of the mufflers but due to supplier's oversight I received a quieter Sport version.
To improve the sound, I got a 200 cell sport downpipe. I didn't go catless because apparently the smell is quite bad inside the cabin. With the 200cell, I only smell some gas at cold start when I go behind the car or windows open inside the garage idling. The downpipe really improved the performance and sound compared to what it was before, so I was happy with it even though it wasn't cheap.
Now that I had the downpipe, I also tuned the engine. TBH I didn't notice improvement whatsoever after the tune was installed and had to take my car back for diagnosis. They let me drive with/without tune and then I immediately felt the difference in power, but no change in sound.
I got carried away at that point and removed the last remaining resonator near the mufflers. It made the exhaust sound louder but sort of unrefined noise...my friend thought something was wrong with my car lol and drone was rather bad in Sport+ at certain RPMs. So to fix that I got a Borla resonator. I was torn between Vibrant Ultra Quiet and Borla but went with Borla, but I'm sure they are more or less the same. Drone and unrefined exhaust sound disappeared, and of course it was quieter than the zero resonator setup overall but in a better way. I got used to the sound now but it's noticeably loud for 4 pots.
I don't regret it but in retrospect it would've saved me time and maybe $ if I just got a full system Armytrix or something else in one go. Some people probably think that I should've just gotten a C43 but the prices of regular Mercedes models are already more expensive than some AMGs models sold in the US or elsewhere, and now that Mercedes Australia introduced the agency model (no more haggles and discounts at dealers) , prices are even higher across many models. Having said that I'm getting a proper AMG V8 soon before they all get replaced with hybrid 4 pots.