Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Retrofit = Halogent to Static LED Using Kabeldaviko Harness USA C300 2016 >

Retrofit = Halogent to Static LED Using Kabeldaviko Harness USA C300 2016

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Retrofit = Halogent to Static LED Using Kabeldaviko Harness USA C300 2016

 
Old 02-06-2019, 09:49 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 2016
Question Retrofit = Halogent to Static LED Using Kabeldaviko Harness USA C300 2016

Hello Everyone, Hope you are all doing great!

I have been spectating the forum for a while and finally decided to register. I would like to say that this first post is going to be about how this retrofit worked just fine, but that is far from the truth.

After reading this post a while ago, i went ahead and purchased some Static Headlights on eBay, thinking the installation was basically a Plug N Play thing (or so the link said)... to my surprise, it was everything but that.

Some research later, i purchased the W205/253 cableharness from Halogen to LED stat. Code 631/632 and did my best installing the new harness while trying to decipher the instructions (picture attached, you will see what i mean).
Everything seemed to be working fine, but it did not take long for the errors to start piling up on the dash screen (more pictures attached).

My guess is that the car is still looking for the old Halogen headlights and because nothing is attached to those plugs, those errors are coming up. The manual did not mention anything about CODING though i think that might be the issue.

Another problem i ran into was the Right Side Headlamp turning on and off (video attached), this would sporadically stop and the light would remain on, but now it seems to be a permanent thing. I went ahead and switched both modules from one headlamp to the other, as well as trying the headlamp on the Left Side plug but the problem remains, so this makes me believe the Headlight itself is defective.

On a side note: The instructions mention and extra step for cars without Airmatik , it talks about a "brown insert" on the "X62/32 distributor". After locating said distributor, i realized that my car (Airmatikless) does not have any wires coming in or out from the "brown insert", it is basically an empty shell. So i was left with 2 extra wires i believe have nothing with my car nor the problem i am having.

Any help is highly appreciated.








Someone has to make this a little easier to understand. Lol
Attached Files
cowners is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 63
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
W205 C300, W211 E350, Q50
I don't have the answer you wanted but I guess you need to do either coding or installing load resistors.
realeric is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 2016
I am thinking about leaving the resistors as my last option. Looking for something "cleaner" before i head down that path. I hope there is something

Thanks!
cowners is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:19 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Star4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 811
Thanked 106 Times in 79 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
you can pm me. I perform headlight retrofits for a lot of people.

this is not a plug and play scenario. from halogen to led static or ILS, it requires, new headlights, new modules, new wiring, level sensors on rear and front (for ils), new headlight switch and of course coding. its really not cheap to do this conversion. pm me and I can help you if interested in purchasing the services from me. this retrofit is not for beginners. if you don't have full knowledge of this system and coding, you will nto be able to plug and play at all.

resistors will not do anything for you. these headlights are controlled via can message.
Star4life is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:22 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 169
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by cowners View Post
I am thinking about leaving the resistors as my last option. Looking for something "cleaner" before i head down that path. I hope there is something

Thanks!
I know it is doable, but it requires reprogramming. I know one vendor from China, and they are selling the reprogramming tool, but have no idea about the cost..

paulatl is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 AM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 2016
Originally Posted by Star4life View Post
you can pm me. I perform headlight retrofits for a lot of people.

this is not a plug and play scenario. from halogen to led static or ILS, it requires, new headlights, new modules, new wiring, level sensors on rear and front (for ils), new headlight switch and of course coding. its really not cheap to do this conversion. pm me and I can help you if interested in purchasing the services from me. this retrofit is not for beginners. if you don't have full knowledge of this system and coding, you will nto be able to plug and play at all.

resistors will not do anything for you. these headlights are controlled via can message.
The new led headlights are already working, i used the https://www.kabeldaviko.de/product_i...e-631-632.html to connect them and they are functioning properly. I just keep getting the error messages because the car is still looking for the old connectors which are unplugged.
cowners is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:00 AM
  #7  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 2016
Originally Posted by paulatl View Post
I know it is doable, but it requires reprogramming. I know one vendor from China, and they are selling the reprogramming tool, but have no idea about the cost..
do you know where i can find this tool?

thanks
cowners is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Star4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 811
Thanked 106 Times in 79 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by cowners View Post


do you know where i can find this tool?

thanks
tools can be found on ebay or ali express but then the setup of all software and such is very time consuming. if you plan to code a lot and do more than just your headlights id say go for it. after all is said and done you'll spend around $1000 for a clone system. NOT oem.

if you only need to do this once, i recommend paying for the service. you will save a ton of time and hassle.
Star4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 PM
  #9  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GLC 300
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-Star-SD-...0c16%7Ciid%3A1

Can you please show me wiring diagram for 631-632
Thank you
golfy1875 is offline  
Old 03-18-2019, 10:05 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Trappers101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 27
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Sorry to hear about all this.
Can you undo everything that you did?
I bought mine and they are true Plug and Play, no error codes no nothing.
Remove the old factory Halogens and Plug in the new LEDS...turn the adjusting screws to level out the light pattern and done!
W205 2016 C300 4Matic
Trappers101 is offline  
Old 03-20-2019, 11:21 AM
  #11  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 2016
Originally Posted by Trappers101 View Post
Sorry to hear about all this.
Can you undo everything that you did?
I bought mine and they are true Plug and Play, no error codes no nothing.
Remove the old factory Halogens and Plug in the new LEDS...turn the adjusting screws to level out the light pattern and done!
W205 2016 C300 4Matic
Where did you buy them?
cowners is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit = Halogent to Static LED Using Kabeldaviko Harness USA C300 2016


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: