C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2019 | 06:53 AM

Mercedes w205
I asked also for an update. My seller from AliExpress said that it is not possible to update this item.

I doubt it is like that, most likely they don't want to have continues queries about firmware updates.

However the manufacturer seems to be merryway. It would be good that one gets the update and shares it. I think I read somebody did it in the past.
Old 07-27-2019 | 08:13 PM

C250
Originally Posted by RUNSGR8
My car originally came with the Audio 20 7" screen and Burmester. I can still access the default Mercedes interface by pressing the RADIO button on my center console. If I want to go back to the Android interface, I just press NAVI. Burmester still works, as does the default AM/FM radio, MB Bluetooth functionality and all other media sources. The tablet gives you an extra bluetooth function, but I recommend not using that since the audio quality seems to be crap. Just use the included AUX-USB adapter, set your stock Media output to USB and you're good to go. You literally lose zero stock functionality from installing this system.

You can basically do everything on this device, that would be possible on a regular Android phone/tablet. This is how I have mine set up (keep in mind that I own an Android phone as well):
Hi RUNSGR8
Few Question for you is been nearly 6 months or so you would off used it soo many times by now would you regret changing the Screen?
Do you Regret not getting the 10.25 Screen?
any reason why you with this size Screen?
Old 07-27-2019 | 08:31 PM

2015 C300 Sport
The 10.25 is too wide, everything looks stretched out. I have the 9.33 and would never buy the 10.25 after seeing it in a friend's car.
Old 07-27-2019 | 08:32 PM

2015 C300 Sport
I also bought from them. Garbage support, saying no updates. But it seems others are putting out updates for the 9.33 so we should be OK. Does anyone know what's new in software version 4.1?
Old 07-29-2019 | 03:44 AM

Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by shan16
Hi RUNSGR8
Few Question for you is been nearly 6 months or so you would off used it soo many times by now would you regret changing the Screen?
Do you Regret not getting the 10.25 Screen?
any reason why you with this size Screen?
I can tell you my experience.
I bought initially a 10.25" display the same that carlife mall sells, but not from my country, because the price would have been double. It was the version V2, with more memory and a different UI.
I faced several issues in the display that have been fixed in the mean time: like Google maps being so big with the navmenu bar you couldn't see almost anything on the screen. The icons and text were not consistent, it looked cheap, different sizes and types. Android auto was totally stretched on the screen. The rotary on Android auto worked only for left and right. The screen was not anti glare and a bit dim, very weak in sunny days. All those things have been fixed in the mean time with subsequent hardware versions: anti glare screen, round corners, different UI (more like modern Mercedes), Google navigation is displayed fully with a navbar that is transparent (although this doesn't happen in all the applications, see chrome), the screen has a resolution of 720 what would allow you to install Google assistant out of the box, Android auto (at least with head unit reloaded) does support HD mode, they is the new splitter screen. So I think they did their job.

As for the 9.33" the display had already anti glare and the shape and size is the same as the OEM display, just smaller bezels. Android auto fits perfectly, standard version and HD. The rotary works 4 ways, icons and fonts are all consistent, Google maps displays well. And the brightness is as much as the OEM display, it looks beautiful! But with the time I got to know that it is harder to tinker with, as I am trying to run some basic Android commands to change the resolution and it doesn't let me, and another thing is that it doesn't have a capacitor when switching on and off, so it can gracefully shutdown. And it seems that I don't get any more updates through my reseller. However I have to admit that I had a problem with some dead pixels or marks in the screen and they replaced it (with the new firmware).

So it is up to you what is more important. For me I would go right now, given the amount of features available, for the 10.25" newest model. But I am very pleased with the 9.33" display. And if you buy the 10.25 I would suggest you to do it via carlife-mall.

That's my review.
Old 07-29-2019 | 04:07 AM

C250
Originally Posted by fgarcor
I can tell you my experience.
I bought initially a 10.25" display the same that carlife mall sells, but not from my country, because the price would have been double. It was the version V2, with more memory and a different UI.
I faced several issues in the display that have been fixed in the mean time: like Google maps being so big with the navmenu bar you couldn't see almost anything on the screen. The icons and text were not consistent, it looked cheap, different sizes and types. Android auto was totally stretched on the screen. The rotary on Android auto worked only for left and right. The screen was not anti glare and a bit dim, very weak in sunny days. All those things have been fixed in the mean time with subsequent hardware versions: anti glare screen, round corners, different UI (more like modern Mercedes), Google navigation is displayed fully with a navbar that is transparent (although this doesn't happen in all the applications, see chrome), the screen has a resolution of 720 what would allow you to install Google assistant out of the box, Android auto (at least with head unit reloaded) does support HD mode, they is the new splitter screen. So I think they did their job.

As for the 9.33" the display had already anti glare and the shape and size is the same as the OEM display, just smaller bezels. Android auto fits perfectly, standard version and HD. The rotary works 4 ways, icons and fonts are all consistent, Google maps displays well. And the brightness is as much as the OEM display, it looks beautiful! But with the time I got to know that it is harder to tinker with, as I am trying to run some basic Android commands to change the resolution and it doesn't let me, and another thing is that it doesn't have a capacitor when switching on and off, so it can gracefully shutdown. And it seems that I don't get any more updates through my reseller. However I have to admit that I had a problem with some dead pixels or marks in the screen and they replaced it (with the new firmware).

So it is up to you what is more important. For me I would go right now, given the amount of features available, for the 10.25" newest model. But I am very pleased with the 9.33" display. And if you buy the 10.25 I would suggest you to do it via carlife-mall.

That's my review.
wow thank you that's wonderful but who did you buy the 9.33 from? and doesn't it 10.25 looks stretched out and when you play YouTube is not full screen right?
Old 07-29-2019 | 11:21 AM

Mercedes w205
wow thank you that's wonderful but who did you buy the 9.33 from? and doesn't it 10.25 looks stretched out and when you play YouTube is not full screen right?
The 9.33" I bought from winca factory. They are good at support but I don't think they offer long term support.

On 10.25" YouTube doesn't look stretched, it is just that it because of the low resolution (480) the bars were too thick to see anything inside unless it was full screen. I don't remember it being stretched out or a funny ratio. But I guess now they fixed it. You can check the latest videos for 10.25", I think they show it there.
Old 07-29-2019 | 02:55 PM

C250
The 9.33" I bought from winca factory. They are good at support but I don't think they offer long term support.

On 10.25" YouTube doesn't look stretched, it is just that it because of the low resolution (480) the bars were too thick to see anything inside unless it was full screen. I don't remember it being stretched out or a funny ratio. But I guess now they fixed it. You can check the latest videos for 10.25", I think they show it there.
Ok thanks I saw some pictures that they have car pic on left side and OEM comand on other side
Old 08-03-2019 | 06:55 PM

Mercedes w205
[Google Assistant & Screen Resolution]
I am trying to install Google Assistant on this device.
It requires at least a resolution of 720p. We currently have 600. I am trying to change the resolution of the display to 720, usually it is very easy with "adb shell wm size 1280x592". However in this display I don't have access via ADB. Not even via wireless.
The first unit that I had, had 2 USB ports, the second unit I received has only one. I am afraid that the other small USB cable had direct access to use it for ADB. But not this one.

[2G/3G/4G Bands]
By checking around I found out what are the Radio Bands that the display supports. In case somebody wants to think about it, the display should work with LTE in Europe (B3).

Here some screenshots about 2G, 3G and 4G.
And a reference to the corresponding LTE bands in different countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_frequency_bands
Check the table Deployments by Region.

Old 08-06-2019 | 06:28 AM

C250
Tasker

For some reason the Tasker app won't work for me

I did profile>new>add>state>net>wifi connected and task was to open 2 apps which not opening do you guys know my?

Can some one do a profile for me wifi connected and task to open any 2 apps and export and send it to me please I'll edit the task once I load your profile in
Old 08-08-2019 | 04:43 PM

C250
I have disabled all the sound enhancement still getting sound distortion from the tweeter I think can some one post the settings there using please
Old 08-10-2019 | 12:49 AM

C250
Originally Posted by ShakyTom
Just been playing with Auto Mate on my phone, the integration with google maps and spotify doesn't seem nearly as clean as Android Auto; it just seems to open the app rather than control it externally.
Do you get the temperature shown on the custom launchers as I installed few but cannot seems to get the buttons and HVAC temp to show any help?
Old 08-11-2019 | 05:56 AM

W205
Is there a way to disable or reassign the hardware buttons in the center console? Also, I have the problem when I connected to Carplay or Android car to un press the voice button on the steering wheel always turns on the BC Launcher.

Old 08-12-2019 | 04:44 PM

C250
Can some one please give the update file??
Old 08-15-2019 | 03:49 PM

CLA 45 AMG
can i get the update too please? i have the same unit in my cla 45 amg but the seller dont reply anymore for send me the update
Old 08-15-2019 | 03:53 PM

Mercedes C400 W205
Update

Give me your email, I will share it on drive. I downloaded the update which was posted here some weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet, so do it at your own risk
Old 08-15-2019 | 03:58 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Chrizlebaer
Give me your email, I will share it on drive. I downloaded the update which was posted here some weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet, so do it at your own risk
sendet a pm with my email
Old 08-16-2019 | 12:21 PM

CLA 45 AMG
someone got the launcher decompiled? wanted to fix the german translations but it is like the old one password protected but this time i cant get the password bypassed
Old 08-16-2019 | 07:00 PM

Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by geiti94
someone got the launcher decompiled? wanted to fix the german translations but it is like the old one password protected but this time i cant get the password bypassed
For me this display it is being a pain in the *** to do regular things like using adb, or other standard Android commands. How is that it allows you to run adb devices from the command line? It returns an error with the server needs to be restarted, but there is no implementation of Android that is capable of running adb on command line as far as I am aware of.
Old 08-17-2019 | 01:47 AM

GLC
Aux Port

Really want to fit an aftermarket screen to my 2016 GLC (Audiio20 NTG5). Trouble is I don't have AUX.

Are there any other options out there?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2019 | 02:53 AM

C250
Originally Posted by p0nder
Really want to fit an aftermarket screen to my 2016 GLC (Audiio20 NTG5). Trouble is I don't have AUX.

Thanks
yea you will get USB Audio Box or BT but ask the seller to send you both or atleast USB audio box as BT is not that good
Old 08-17-2019 | 08:16 AM

Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by p0nder

Thanks
If you want a neater solution that doesn't involve delays (bt) or taking out the cable through the middle console (usb) you can always buy a kit to activate the aux output. It will give you 3pins that you add to your quad connector and it is totally hidden. I bought the activation kit and did the cable myself. But you can buy the whole thing together.
Old 08-17-2019 | 09:39 AM

C250
If you want a neater solution that doesn't involve delays (bt) or taking out the cable through the middle console (usb) you can always buy a kit to activate the aux output. It will give you 3pins that you add to your quad connector and it is totally hidden. I bought the activation kit and did the cable myself. But you can buy the whole thing together.
can you tell me where you bought it from? and do you get sound delays while watching you tube?
Old 08-18-2019 | 07:01 PM

Mercedes w205
can you tell me where you bought it from? and do you get sound delays while watching you tube?
I just bought an obd2 activation module from AliExpress and on top of that the few cables that go into the quadlock from eBay, and the female mini Jack.

Obd2 module:
€ 59,43 | 2019 for COMAND ONLINE NTG5 AUX IN ACTIVATOR C GLC S V W205 X253 W222 W447 TV FREE VIM
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Q3wcoEU

Cables:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F161620075783

Mini Jack:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182665467473

However you have also the full solution already available:
https://car-solutions.com/en/aux-mod...tg-5-0-system/
Read also the comments below as they are useful to know whether this solution would work for your model.

EDIT: regarding the sound delay while watching YouTube I cannot tell because I don't use it, but I can tell you that while using Android auto I can interact with the assistant without any problem. Before I had the Bluetooth solution and it was impossible. I can check it later in this coming week and confirm it as I am not with the car at the moment.

Last edited by fgarcor; 08-18-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2019 | 07:36 PM

C250
I just bought an obd2 activation module from AliExpress and on top of that the few cables that go into the quadlock from eBay, and the female mini Jack.

Obd2 module:
€ 59,43 | 2019 for COMAND ONLINE NTG5 AUX IN ACTIVATOR C GLC S V W205 X253 W222 W447 TV FREE VIM
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Q3wcoEU

Cables:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F161620075783

Mini Jack:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182665467473

However you have also the full solution already available:
https://car-solutions.com/en/aux-mod...tg-5-0-system/
Read also the comments below as they are useful to know whether this solution would work for your model.

EDIT: regarding the sound delay while watching YouTube I cannot tell because I don't use it, but I can tell you that while using Android auto I can interact with the assistant without any problem. Before I had the Bluetooth solution and it was impossible. I can check it later in this coming week and confirm it as I am not with the car at the moment.
Thank you that would be great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos