C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Has anyone installed this on their car that still has warranty? I’m concerned about the dealer denying warranty claims should the car have any sort of issue that could somehow be associated with installing this.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:28 AM

AMG GLA45
Originally Posted by Chrizlebaer
Give me your email, I will share it on drive. I downloaded the update which was posted here some weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet, so do it at your own risk
I send a message to you. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:27 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
I think the easy answer is, yes, people have installed this under warranty. Also, yes, if you have an issue associated with the installation of this unit they will not honor a warranty repair, but that's just standard for any modification you perform that causes an ill effect on the car.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Ryan Flynn
Thank you for posting this! I installed mine last night without incident. I don’t think I wouldn’t have figured it out with out the instructions you posted.

Thanks!
WHat maps app is that?
Old 08-21-2019, 04:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C400 W205
Originally Posted by ItchyTasty
WHat maps app is that?
Looks like Waze.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:24 AM

Mercedes
No video

Hi guys, my 10.25 multimedia is reading only audio files. Don't know what's the thing? Navigation works just fine.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:22 AM

Mercedes
No video

Hi guys, my 10.25 multimedia is reading only audio files. Don't know what's the thing? Navigation works just fine.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 PM

W205
did the update work? Could you please send me the update as well?

Originally Posted by geiti94
sendet a pm with my email
Old 09-17-2019, 09:28 AM

Mercedes GLC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RUNSGR8
Yes, you can access the stock screen by pressing the FM/Radio button on the touchscreen. When you put the car in reverse, the stock backup camera automatically starts as well.

And yes you can watch YouTube or any other files you want by downloading VLC from the Play Store.
Thanks for the detailed tutorial that helped me to install the android screen into the Merc GLC , the link you have provided now takes me to the 10.25 screen listing which is what I've got. The instructions to push down the air vents was a blessing and I can only imagine myself struggling if the vents couldn't be pushed down.The kit came with a USB connection for sound and Bluetooth is now built into the screen . The sound in my opinion is way better then stock with various equaliser options.

The only disappointment is that there is a lag whilst playing streaming videos via Youtube, Amazon Videos or even videos copied to a USB for that matter , is there a known fix to address this that you maybe aware of?
Old 09-26-2019, 02:59 PM

w176
which wire to connect so that the radio goes into camera mode ?
Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by wip7
which wire to connect so that the radio goes into camera mode ?
If it's the stock back-up camera, it shouldn't require additional wiring.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:34 AM

C-class 250d
Hello everybody,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your posts in this thread as it really has help me in installing my 9.33 headunit I just recieved.

Nearly everything works great for now except the sound quality. I use the usb audio box sent by my dealer to plug the android screen to my car but the sound is really creepy and saturated.
I've made 2 videos to compare the sound between an MP3 played by my car directly and the same MP3 played by the android screen. You can check them here:
https://we.tl/t-QXbVytg4T6

I wonder if some of you have the same sound quality or not (I have Burmester option) and the audio usb box I use is the following one:

And I have an other question, I thought I will be able to configure lots of thing in this android screen because I thought it was the same interface as in the 10.25 but our 9.33 version seems to be more "closed". If you check the next video, someone explain how to change lots of funny things in a 10.25 screen like the available application in the main menu and their order but I don't figure how to do it with our screen. Do you guys knows some secret or hidden menu to do such things ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aecm...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again everybody :-)
Old 09-27-2019, 04:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C250
Originally Posted by kief.com
Hello everybody,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your posts in this thread as it really has help me in installing my 9.33 headunit I just recieved.

Nearly everything works great for now except the sound quality. I use the usb audio box sent by my dealer to plug the android screen to my car but the sound is really creepy and saturated.
I've made 2 videos to compare the sound between an MP3 played by my car directly and the same MP3 played by the android screen. You can check them here:
https://we.tl/t-QXbVytg4T6

I wonder if some of you have the same sound quality or not (I have Burmester option) and the audio usb box I use is the following one:

And I have an other question, I thought I will be able to configure lots of thing in this android screen because I thought it was the same interface as in the 10.25 but our 9.33 version seems to be more "closed". If you check the next video, someone explain how to change lots of funny things in a 10.25 screen like the available application in the main menu and their order but I don't figure how to do it with our screen. Do you guys knows some secret or hidden menu to do such things ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aecm...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again everybody :-)
Hi there

My sound is carp as well I tired with same seller which there no longer reply and tired 3 different usb box same type no use

Hope some one here has the fix
Old 09-27-2019, 04:51 AM

C-class 250d
Originally Posted by shan16
Hi there

My sound is carp as well I tired with same seller which there no longer reply and tired 3 different usb box same type no use

Hope some one here has the fix
Hi shan16,

Where the 3 usb box you tried exactly the same model as mine or have you tried an other model ?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:53 AM

C250
Hi shan16,

Where the 3 usb box you tried exactly the same model as mine or have you tried an other model ?
Same 1.6 version
Old 09-27-2019, 04:56 AM

C-class 250d
On my side, I've just order the following usb box:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32962...79e4d4c3c08537

As it as a 3.5mm input, I'll try to build a cable to plugged it to the android screen harness and cross finger for it to work.

I'll came back here to give you some news as soon as I receive it ;-)
Old 09-27-2019, 04:58 AM

C-class 250d
Same 1.6 version

As it as a 3.5mm input, I'll try to build a cable to plugged it to the android screen harness and cross finger for it to work.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:00 AM

C250

How to build the harness can you tell me as well so I can do it and buy that usb audio box
Old 09-27-2019, 05:38 AM

C-class 250d
How to build the harness can you tell me as well so I can do it and buy that usb audio box
I don't know if it will work but here is what I'll try:

To first test if it works, I have buy the following things:
- Dupont cables
- 3.5mm terminal jack adapter

I'll try to plug 3 male Dupont cables on the cable that came from the screen harness (there is 4 holes in the white plug but only 3 cable are connected to it - white/green/black) and then connect them the 3.5 jack adapter.

I will then plug the 3.5 adapter to the new USB box.

If it works, I will then make a proper install by buying a normal 3.5 jack and follow the 3 cable on the harness (white/green/black) to identify where they are plugged in the ISO plug and directly connect my 3 jack cable (left/right/ground) to the harness like in this video:

I don't know if my explanation is clear lol ;-)
Old 09-27-2019, 06:03 AM

C250
I don't know if it will work but here is what I'll try:

To first test if it works, I have buy the following things:
- Dupont cables
- 3.5mm terminal jack adapter

I'll try to plug 3 male Dupont cables on the cable that came from the screen harness (there is 4 holes in the white plug but only 3 cable are connected to it - white/green/black) and then connect them the 3.5 jack adapter.

I will then plug the 3.5 adapter to the new USB box.

If it works, I will then make a proper install by buying a normal 3.5 jack and follow the 3 cable on the harness (white/green/black) to identify where they are plugged in the ISO plug and directly connect my 3 jack cable (left/right/ground) to the harness like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbMIHZlF54

I don't know if my explanation is clear lol ;-)
Got cha but thats a big risk taking if it doesn't work as you need to buy the whole Main Harness again is it didn't work

Need to find (white/green/black) which Are (left/right/ground) well Ground would b "Black" Left and Right might be hard and was wondering if you can set balancing on the Android Screen so that way we can see if we get and power from White/Green when we move the Balance and Fade to Left vise verse
Old 09-27-2019, 08:15 AM

C-class 250d
Got cha but thats a big risk taking if it doesn't work as you need to buy the whole Main Harness again is it didn't work

Need to find (white/green/black) which Are (left/right/ground) well Ground would b "Black" Left and Right might be hard and was wondering if you can set balancing on the Android Screen so that way we can see if we get and power from White/Green when we move the Balance and Fade to Left vise verse
I'm not sure because this image is for COMAND online and I have Audio20 but if I see that the black wire is at the same place as the ground on this photo and that the white is also at the same place and that the green is at the place of the red one, I'll try with this scheme:

Old 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM

C250
I'm not sure because this image is for COMAND online and I have Audio20 but if I see that the black wire is at the same place as the ground on this photo and that the white is also at the same place and that the green is at the place of the red one, I'll try with this scheme:
Hold up! So you going to remove 3 wire (white/green/black) of the audio box from Android screen and plug them behind audio 20 harness?

I believe that won't work
Old 09-27-2019, 10:31 AM

C-class 250d
Hold up! So you going to remove 3 wire (white/green/black) of the audio box from Android screen and plug them behind audio 20 harness?

I believe that won't work
I haven't the harness next to me as it is plugged in my car and I don't know exactly where those 3 cables goes (white/green/black).
At first I thought they goes to the Audio20 harness as I describe it first but after discussing with you I realize that on the Audio20, it is an input.

And the 3 cables (white/green/black) must be the output of the screen so the might not be plug to the big plug that connect to the Audio20 headunit.

But anyway, I'll check where those 3 cables goes and wire my new jack cables at the exact same place assuming that black is ground, white is left and green is right.

In the meantime, if somebody receive a new Android headunit, maybe he could post a picture of the harness before installing it so that we can see where those cables goes.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:39 AM

C250
I haven't the harness next to me as it is plugged in my car and I don't know exactly where those 3 cables goes (white/green/black).
At first I thought they goes to the Audio20 harness as I describe it first but after discussing with you I realize that on the Audio20, it is an input.

And the 3 cables (white/green/black) must be the output of the screen so the might not be plug to the big plug that connect to the Audio20 headunit.

But anyway, I'll check where those 3 cables goes and wire my new jack cables at the exact same place assuming that black is ground, white is left and green is right.

In the meantime, if somebody receive a new Android headunit, maybe he could post a picture of the harness before installing it so that we can see where those cables goes.
What i mite try is the plug that's coming from the screen to the audio box small white plug I'll tap that and add the wire from below pic and then buy the 3.5mm jack audio box you posted before from Aliexpress and see that should work as audio power will be coming from the 3 wire from the screen harness I'll unplug from the audio box and use the 3.5mm wire

What ever you do don't cut the wire in case it doesn't work and you need to plug back to original way so just tap into it

Old 09-27-2019, 10:41 AM

C-class 250d
What i mite try is the plug that's coming from the screen to the audio box small white plug I'll tap that and add the wire from below pic and then buy the 3.5mm jack audio box you posted before from Aliexpress and see that should work as audio power will be coming from the 3 wire from the screen harness I'll unplug from the audio box and use the 3.5mm wire

What ever you do don't cut the wire in case it doesn't work and you need to plug back to original way so just tap into it
You're right lol.
It's way more simple :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos