C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2019 Disable Keyless-Go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 4matic Premium package 2010 C2504matic sports
2019 Disable Keyless-Go?

I asked my dealer salesperson re the the double tap lock method.He told me he didn't know.
He suggested I use the Mercedes.Me button on the car and ask for tech help.
Tech told me that as I have a 2019 model,the double tap method would not work.This contradicts with the Owner's Manual supplied page 65,66 (edition C 2019)
In new 2019 models like mine, he said, the Keyfob will stop sending out signal after 2 minutes of inactitivity.So there is no need to deactivate the Keyless-Go features.
Have anybody confirmed this?

I just tested it,seems to confirm the tech advice given.I guess MB listens to customers who have had theirs stolen

Thanks

Last edited by petaling; 07-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,884 Likes on 2,599 Posts
2019 C63CS
I have not heard about the 2 minute thing, but what exactly does no activity mean? The fob definitely keeps sending a signal way past two minutes with it in a pocket, otherwise we couldn't unlock the car keyless. Are you saying it has a motion sensor built in, so that if it's just left on a desk motionless that it will stop sending a signal? That would be kinda cool, but there is no information about this. The double tap lock still works in the 2019. Not sure why you wouldn't use that. It deactivates the key fob until you press any of the buttons again. If the fob indeed has a motion sensor, that would keep it active while you are walking around and somebody could technically follow you and relay the signal, whereas the double tap lock will deactivate it no matter what. I took delivery of my car at the factory in Germany and they didn't say anything about a motion sensor with a 2 minute timeout, but they did explicitly demonstrate the double tap lock function.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-17-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 PM

well I experiemented by placing the keyfob on an empty Amazon shipping box/used as a stand next to the car door handle.After 10 min. I tried to open the door by placing my hand over the handle as usual. Car door not opened.
Then I put the keyfob in my pocket and stood near the car door handle and opened it with hand over handle.

So it does exactly what the tech told me over Mercedes.me help line.

Would your export model be different in anyway than the NA model.Did you get the owner's manual for NA ?I agree ,thieves can still follow me and obtain my code when I am moving around.

Thanks

Last edited by petaling; 07-17-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
That would indeed indicate that they put a motion sensor in the key fob and disable it after a while if no motion is being detected. This is indeed one of the proposed security measures to protect from the relay attacks. Unfortunately, I can't try it out myself at the moment. My car is on a ship on the way to the USA. I dropped it off only 2.5 weeks ago, but I will definitely try this out. My car is US spec. Not sure if Canada spec is different. Have you tried the double tap lock? It's mentioned as a way to safe battery if you don't plan on using the fob for a while, but it also doubles as an immediate deactivation of the fob until it is manually reactivated.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:07 PM

My car is made in USA . But Canadian specs ie no TPMS that is the most important difference all I know of.
So please try it and see whether it works on yours on arrival.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Will do. Just did a bit of googling and came across this article. It appears indeed that both BMW and Mercedes have addressed this issue by adding a motion sensor to the fob.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news...ieving-hackers

BMW and Mercedes-Benz have both addressed the issue with its latest models by adding motion sensors into their key fobs so they’ll only produce a signal to open or start the car when moving. This means the thieves shouldn’t be able to hack the signal when the key is safely stored at home.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CLK500 cabriolet
Originally Posted by superswiss
That would indeed indicate that they put a motion sensor in the key fob and disable it after a while if no motion is being detected. This is indeed one of the proposed security measures to protect from the relay attacks. Unfortunately, I can't try it out myself at the moment. My car is on a ship on the way to the USA. I dropped it off only 2.5 weeks ago, but I will definitely try this out. My car is US spec. Not sure if Canada spec is different. Have you tried the double tap lock? It's mentioned as a way to safe battery if you don't plan on using the fob for a while, but it also doubles as an immediate deactivation of the fob until it is manually reactivated.
Hello superswiss. Can you please explain what you mean by "...until it is manually reactivated"?

I don't know when my problem started, but I am no longer able to unlock the doors by touching the inside of the handles on my '06 CLK500. Many have explained how to DISable the door handle feature, but I have not seen steps to ENable.

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by JoiseyBenz
Hello superswiss. Can you please explain what you mean by "...until it is manually reactivated"?

I don't know when my problem started, but I am no longer able to unlock the doors by touching the inside of the handles on my '06 CLK500. Many have explained how to DISable the door handle feature, but I have not seen steps to ENable.

Thank you.
Pressing the unlock button on the fob will enable it again.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CLK500 cabriolet
Ok. I tried that already. Doesn't work. I'll have to keep searching for an answer! Thank you.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Joisey - since this is the W205 forum - 2015 C-Class forward - you are best served going to the CLK forum for feedback
Old 08-14-2019, 11:17 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by petaling
well I experiemented by placing the keyfob on an empty Amazon shipping box/used as a stand next to the car door handle.After 10 min. I tried to open the door by placing my hand over the handle as usual. Car door not opened.
Then I put the keyfob in my pocket and stood near the car door handle and opened it with hand over handle.

So it does exactly what the tech told me over Mercedes.me help line.

Would your export model be different in anyway than the NA model.Did you get the owner's manual for NA ?I agree ,thieves can still follow me and obtain my code when I am moving around.

Thanks
This is really neat and also great in terms of saving battery on the spare key (although you could technically just remove the battery on the spare key I guess). I love that this is now automatic. I have so far been manually double pressing the lock button just to prevent against such relay attacks.