C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New Desktop Portal for Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
New Desktop Portal for Mercedes Me Connect

Has anyone tried the new portal for Mercedes Me Connect? https://me-us.secure.mercedes-benz.c...me/myvehicles/ used to work before but now they redirect you to https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/bin...html?owda=misc which just keeps redirecting to the same page over and over.

Finally I found out that this is the new page:
https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/pas...y-vehicle.html

However it no longer shows things like current Odometer, Fuel level, etc. that it used to show. The App continues to work as before and shows all this info, but I used to use the web page more often.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

Current:

Before:

Old 09-20-2019, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C200 Sport
Angry

Yes, I have noticed - and complained to Mercedes - the same issue. I only get four options shown now, none of the previous listings.

Damn annoying to put it mildly...

Also, the phone app tells me that I can send map instructions to the car and how to do it. Hit and miss! On occasion I manage to send a Google Maps destination, but more often than not it just fails. I was told by a message sent through the app that it's not supposed to work????

Same with HereWeGo, Apple Maps and Waze.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C200 Sport
This is what I currently have.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Wish I had the newer MBUX & Mercedes Me Connect experience... Previous Mercedes Me software was so basic
Old 09-20-2019, 07:40 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by mmgrad
Wish I had the newer MBUX & Mercedes Me Connect experience... Previous Mercedes Me software was so basic
I don't think MBUX and Mercedes Me Connect are related. Starting with MY 2019 vehicles, it's Mercedes Me Connect - which has a different set of features compared to the one before.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,450 Posts
2019 C63CS
The new Mercedes me connect portal is only partially working and officially MB says there isn't currently a portal for Mercedes me connect and the features can only be access through the phone app. I was talking to Mercedes me connect support earlier this week as my sales person and I were trying to activate my account. The support person admitted that the portal isn't really working and supposedly MB is working on it. He had to push things through behind the scenes until my services finally started working. I haven't tried all the features yet, but the app on my iPhone seems to be working. The status is showing up, it knows where my car is and I keep getting alerts if my car is unlocked and I can lock/unlock it. Haven't tried sending addresses or remote start etc., but it seems to report the trip information, mileage and vehicle status correctly. It seems they are playing catch up to make all this stuff work. I'm guessing the cars hit the market before they were really ready with the tech, so there are some initial growing pains. Hopefully, they'll sort it out soon.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:07 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
The new Mercedes me connect portal is only partially working and officially MB says there isn't currently a portal for Mercedes me connect and the features can only be access through the phone app. I was talking to Mercedes me connect support earlier this week as my sales person and I were trying to activate my account. The support person admitted that the portal isn't really working and supposedly MB is working on it. He had to push things through behind the scenes until my services finally started working. I haven't tried all the features yet, but the app on my iPhone seems to be working. The status is showing up, it knows where my car is and I keep getting alerts if my car is unlocked and I can lock/unlock it. Haven't tried sending addresses or remote start etc., but it seems to report the trip information, mileage and vehicle status correctly. It seems they are playing catch up to make all this stuff work. I'm guessing the cars hit the market before they were really ready with the tech, so there are some initial growing pains. Hopefully, they'll sort it out soon.
I did not have any major issues with getting my car (2019 C63S) activated on the Mercedes me Connect portal before last 1-2 weeks, when they made the changes to the portal. It did a lot of times not load at all before, but again started working a few hours later or the next day. It also used to support more features back then and I am disappointed with these recent changes.

I agree that MB really needs to invest in making this experience better.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally Posted by Tuxdude
I don't think MBUX and Mercedes Me Connect are related. Starting with MY 2019 vehicles, it's Mercedes Me Connect - which has a different set of features compared to the one before.
Oh, I know they are not related. The desire for the updated systems is still valid. Both are new for MY 2019 vehicles...
Old 09-21-2019, 08:04 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by mmgrad
Oh, I know they are not related. The desire for the updated systems is still valid. Both are new for MY 2019 vehicles...
MBUX is an improved UI. I believe voice control and touchscreen are main key differences compared to the one in the MY2019 C-class. Personally, I prefer non-touch screens just because lesser fingerprints to worry about. The one in the 2019 C-Class is more on par with the COMAND version in the E and CLS.

In the US, very few 2019 models have MBUX, I think just the A-class. MBUX is being added to models if it's either a brand new generation or a model that is being facelifted/refreshed (and only if the architecture/platform is actually compatible). CLA, GLC, GLE are MY2020 vehicles that were refreshed to support MBUX.

The W206 C-Class is going to get it or whatever is the latest MB UI system at that time.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by belongabob
Yes, I have noticed - and complained to Mercedes - the same issue. I only get four options shown now, none of the previous listings.

Damn annoying to put it mildly...

Also, the phone app tells me that I can send map instructions to the car and how to do it. Hit and miss! On occasion I manage to send a Google Maps destination, but more often than not it just fails. I was told by a message sent through the app that it's not supposed to work????

Same with HereWeGo, Apple Maps and Waze.
They're pretty much moving you to the phone app for everything but downloading map updates.