C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-19-2021, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes V-Klasse
Hello,

after having several weeks a lot of fun with my NaviFly N600 Plus, it started today only with colorful lines on the display.
Any idea what could be the issue and better, how to fix it?
Functions in the background are working fine. Just nothing visible on the screen except the (changing) lines.
Tried to restart with a paperclip a hundred times without success.

Best regards

Sven
Old 10-19-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Special2k3
Hello,

after having several weeks a lot of fun with my NaviFly N600 Plus, it started today only with colorful lines on the display.
Functions in the background are working fine. Just nothing visible on the screen except the (changing) lines.

Best regards

Sven
Either the display or display controller are toast. Maybe try the seller but I doubt you'll get anywhere far with them, other than that the only way to fix it would be a screen replacement but good luck finding one and then fitting it.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Special2k3
Hello,

Best regards

Sven
There are two holes on the left side. Top one is reset. Screen should go black after pressing it

Also, try holding the cd button down and reset the head unit.

Last resort try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 20 seconds.

if all these fail you might need to open up the center console and check for a loose cables or back of the screen.

Old 10-20-2021, 12:06 AM

Mercedes V-Klasse
Originally Posted by benzdude
There are two holes on the left side. Top one is reset. Screen should go black after pressing it
I tried this a hundert times without success.
Also, try holding the cd button down and reset the head unit.
Do you mean the CD Button on the Mercedes console? Just pressing this putton for a longer time will reset the Adroid head unit or anythng other to push at the same time?
if all these fail you might need to open up the center console and check for a loose cables or back of the screen.
I already detached and re-attached the cables on the back of the head unit without success.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity: Is a broken cable / detached cable a possible cause? I would understand, that the screen shows this kind of error when I'm in the NTG menu because the data "comes from the car via cable" but in Android mode, which is running directly within the head unit, I would assume that a detached cable (beside the power cable of course) should have no impact to the picture quality. It might miss data when a cable is not connected or sound isn't playing. But screen issues? Or is this a stupid thinking?

Best regards

Sven

Last edited by Special2k3; 10-20-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport

Last edited by benzdude; 10-25-2021 at 11:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by benzdude:
gibi72 (11-04-2021), Kush Desai (10-26-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:28 PM

GLC 350d
Dragonfly cobalt on Navifly n800

@benzdude and @PaulR7 thanks and sorry for the late reply, I have been working away from my car
I tried all your suggestions, but i the dragonfly doesn’t work on my unit.
I am thinking of trying other usb accessories, but I am still looking for a solution to the poor audio issue.
I also rerouted the jack to usb interface to the central box and tested it using a the jack from my phone. Quality is not excellent, but still better than the jack from the Navifly
Old 11-05-2021, 12:45 PM

S205
I can confirm that the Dragonfly Red DAC works with the 12.5 screen.

(A USB DAC can be used if you don't like the sound quality of the provided 3.5mm AUX out cable)

The Dragonfly Red is connected to the yellow USB cable and then to the included USB AUX box, using a short 3.5mm stereo to stereo cable.

The Dragonfly Red volume can be adjusted using the android volume control in settings. (Also make sure you have latest Dragonfly Red firmware)

I set my display volume to about 100% to match the Mercedes Bluetooth volume level when I switch back and forth.

I will be testing Tidal later as the Dragonfly Red can process MQA (Master quality) tracks for Tidal.

Tidal is having an issue displaying properly on the 12.5 inch screen, need to debug.

Hey Benzdude, thanks for your great thread (and everyone's input). Thanks to this I've installed my screen and due to the poor quality of the sound I invested in a Draonfly Red; the difference in sound quality is noght and day. The only issue I'm having now is that the volume is extremely quiet compared to when I play the radio trough the normal system. I've adjusted the Android system volume to max and adjusted the factory volume settings to max. Does anyone have any advice on how I can increase the volume comng out of the Android screen to match that of the factory system?

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-05-2021, 05:39 PM

W205
You have to set the volume in Android Settings, not the faux MBUX settings.
If you're using a ground loop noise isolator this will pretty significantly decrease the volume as well.
The following users liked this post:
Wriggler (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 05:47 PM

S205
Originally Posted by PaulR7
You have to set the volume in Android Settings, not the faux MBUX settings.
If you're using a ground loop noise isolator this will pretty significantly decrease the volume as well.
Yeah, I’ve got the setting maxed in Android settings; guess I’ll have to live with it being quiet! Thanks for the help.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:19 PM

W205
Originally Posted by Wriggler
Yeah, I’ve got the setting maxed in Android settings; guess I’ll have to live with it being quiet! Thanks for the help.
I've had the exact same thing to be perfectly honest, even after I upgraded my Audio20 setup with an aftermarket amplifier it still sounded really muddled and even cranking it up to 100% was quiet.
The culprit was the USB to AUX box provided with these screens, ever since I swapped to a direct connection from USB sound card to the amplifier it's been brilliantly loud and clear.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:21 PM

S205
I've had the exact same thing to be perfectly honest, even after I upgraded my Audio20 setup with an aftermarket amplifier it still sounded really muddled and even cranking it up to 100% was quiet.
The culprit was the USB to AUX box provided with these screens, ever since I swapped to a direct connection from USB sound card to the amplifier it's been brilliantly loud and clear.
How did you do that if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 11-05-2021, 06:25 PM

W205
How did you do that if you don’t mind me asking?
As for the aftermarket amplifier there is plenty of topics right here on this forum about them so I won't go into that.
The connection from the screen is handled by this sound card which provides a digital output SPDIF port and the amplifier I chose (Audiotec Fischer Match Up 7DSP) has a toslink port so it's a full on optical connection which ensures best quality.
The following 2 users liked this post by PaulR7:
cr8tive (08-23-2022), Wriggler (11-05-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Mercedes V-Klasse
Either the display or display controller are toast. Maybe try the seller but I doubt you'll get anywhere far with them, other than that the only way to fix it would be a screen replacement but good luck finding one and then fitting it.
I contacted the seller and he send me a new display. A local mobile phone display repair service successfully switched the display and now the device is working fine in Android modus.
However: NTG menu is still somehow broken. Sometimes, there are only a few stripes in the display, sometimes the complete NTG menu is unreadable. I attached some pictures.
Any good idea how to fix this or did anyone else have this problem?

Best regards

NTG Menue error

NTG Menue error

NTG Menue error
Old 11-08-2021, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Hey Benzdude, thanks for your great thread (and everyone's input). Thanks to this I've installed my screen and due to the poor quality of the sound I invested in a Draonfly Red; the difference in sound quality is noght and day. The only issue I'm having now is that the volume is extremely quiet compared to when I play the radio trough the normal system. I've adjusted the Android system volume to max and adjusted the factory volume settings to max. Does anyone have any advice on how I can increase the volume comng out of the Android screen to match that of the factory system?

Thanks for any help!
Did you update the Dragonfly Red (DFR) firmware? Adjust the volume AFTER plugging in the Dragonfly Red.

Update your Red and test volume control using an Android phone or tablet.

Then test audio output connected to the screen directly from the Reds 3.5mm jack.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-08-2021 at 01:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wriggler (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 05:43 AM

S205
Did you update the Dragonfly Red (DFR) firmware? Adjust the volume AFTER plugging in the Dragonfly Red.

Update your Red and test volume control using an Android phone or tablet.

Then test audio output connected to the screen directly from the Reds 3.5mm jack.
Hi @benzdude that seems to have solved my problems! I was running v1.06. Thanks very much for the advice.

The only problem I have left is having to turn the Android volume up everytime it starts. Oh well, it's a small price to pay!!!
Old 11-12-2021, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Hi @benzdude that seems to have solved my problems! I was running v1.06. Thanks very much for the advice.

The only problem I have left is having to turn the Android volume up everytime it starts. Oh well, it's a small price to pay!!!
I believe the lastest firmwares and updates allow you to set your own volume defaults (haven't tried) or you could try Tasker scripts or app to set volume on boot.

I also believe there was a volume level workaround available on Android 10 HU forum.

​​​​https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1699764

Last edited by benzdude; 11-12-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:48 AM

C300 2018
Hello @benzdude
I have a problem with the Zlink application in my Navifly Head Unit. The app is stuck in active mode with the error code as shown in the pictures. I contacted the vendor and they sent me the .apk file to replace the current one in my system. After uninstall the old app and install the new one with the given .apk file, the problem is still the same. I think the reason is the system, not the Zlink application. Can you help me with this problem, thank you.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by LongHuynh92
Hello @benzdude
I have a problem with the Zlink application in my Navifly Head Unit. The app is stuck in active mode with the error code as shown in the pictures. I contacted the vendor and they sent me the .apk file to replace the current one in my system. After uninstall the old app and install the new one with the given .apk file, the problem is still the same. I think the reason is the system, not the Zlink application. Can you help me with this problem, thank you.
Sorry I don't use Zlink. Try going to settings, applications => Zlink and clear cache and data? Then reboot the screen.

If it doesn't work trying asking on the Discord group.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:39 AM

cla200
Had same problem. Resolved by putting headunit in WIFI network and Zlink activated after connecting iPhone, without any code.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:49 AM

cla200
Parking radar

Hello! Thank you for this very helping thread!
I have question about parking cam.
If i select OEM camera from Factory menu, half sreen will show odometer and half show parking camera image.
If i select Aftermarket Camera from Factory menu, screen shows parkingcam with no image but shows parking radar, what is working as should be. <--very useful.
I have OEM parking cam and OEM parking sensors.
Is it possible to make OEM camera show also parking radar screen together? 1. First image is showing what i want. 2 Second image showing what i have.
Thank you!

Last edited by marxx14; 11-19-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:56 AM

GLA 250
How did you fix the screen line issues ?? i had the same pb and navifly ask to send the screen back .. i paid 200$ to send it back and wait more than 2 months to receive a new one...I'm a little bit scared as it looks to be a reccurent pb...

Others issue with GPS (Waze) : when i launch it , the sound goes on the speaker furnished.. i have to turn music to have it on the aux radio. Someone has an idea how to fix it ?

Old 01-07-2022, 10:36 AM

S205
Originally Posted by gibi72
@benzdude and @PaulR7 thanks and sorry for the late reply, I have been working away from my car
I tried all your suggestions, but i the dragonfly doesn’t work on my unit.
I am thinking of trying other usb accessories, but I am still looking for a solution to the poor audio issue.
I also rerouted the jack to usb interface to the central box and tested it using a the jack from my phone. Quality is not excellent, but still better than the jack from the Navifly
hello gibi72,
did you find a usb accessory that works with the navifly or did you find an alternative to improve the sound? I am currently transmitting the sound via bluetooth, but that is not so convenient.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:54 AM

GLC 350d
Originally Posted by Arowana
hello gibi72,
did you find a usb accessory that works with the navifly or did you find an alternative to improve the sound? I am currently transmitting the sound via bluetooth, but that is not so convenient.
no, unfortunately I was unable to improve the poor audio quality.
I am also tired of tweaking with it, to be honest
Old 01-11-2022, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MERCEDES CLASE C 220 W205
Help, Update 10 inch Android screen to install 12.5 inch Android screen

Hello to see who can help me, I currently have a 10.25-inch android screen installed, I could install a 12.5-inch screen using all the cables and harnesses of the 10.25-inch screen without having to re-insert and install all the cables of the 12? Would the speaker, micro and gps of the 10-inch screen serve me? It is because I do not want to touch the wiring that I already have installed from the other, it took me a lot to put them. a greeting.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:23 AM

GLC 350d
Originally Posted by pablitoito
Hello to see who can help me, I currently have a 10.25-inch android screen installed, I could install a 12.5-inch screen using all the cables and harnesses of the 10.25-inch screen without having to re-insert and install all the cables of the 12? Would the speaker, micro and gps of the 10-inch screen serve me? It is because I do not want to touch the wiring that I already have installed from the other, it took me a lot to put them. a greeting.
I think there is no standard for cables: it depends on the manufacturer of the Android unit, therefore you should be careful: I suppose that, also if the plugs are similar, the cable connection may not have the same layout.
More, the specifications are rarely available online from these small manufacturers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G