C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MERCEDES BENZ W212 2015
Any solution?

Originally Posted by Luis RodrĂ guez
If somebody can help me!!

Hello I'm having a similiar issue with my screen
Did you ever figure out a way to fix it ?
Old 05-28-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A250
Originally Posted by Hyunchul Kwon
bluray is so uncomfortable.
I looked for it because it didn't seem to be in focus with a purple reflection or blur.
How about after tearing it off? Do I need another protective film?
Is it okay to use after tearing off the film?
Thank you.
Hi Hyunchul Kwon
Just purchased a N600 10.2", interested in how you removed the anti-glare film. When I look at mine I can't really see or feel that there is a film, if there is it's very thin!!
Main issue is that there are marks on the screen, seems like under a film but on top of actual screen. Please see images attached.
Any idea how to remove this film, or on the images I've attached, would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-29-2021, 03:28 PM

Mercedes c250 w205
12.5 inch n600 plus

Originally Posted by benzdude
The install is fairly easy (plug in stuff), but takes long due to all the cable routing and console + radio disassembly required. I worked slowly to not damage anything.

I also wrapped ALL of the (in dash) cables with Tesa tape to avoid adding new rattles in my dash.

Just plan your install before hand and find spots to place the GPS, mic, 4G antenna.

I routed the GPS through the dash and out the passenger side panel near the door, then up to the window (at the sun shade level)

TIPS:

1. After removing the center console, the internal vent assembly (at the three circle holes) can be moved out of the way to allow easier cable routing.Just gently pull down on it. (check 6:46 in the video below) Just make sure the cables are sitting in front of the vent assembly BEFORE placing it back in position.(do that last)

2. The display cables should come in through the bottom square hole in the mount and NOT through the holes in the back. (I wasted 30 minutes figuring that out)

3. Make sure to open the screw hole covers on the back of the screen BEFORE securing it on the mount and plugging in the cables. They flip down from the TOP. (another wasted 30 minutes)

4. You have to transfer the two existing screws from the old screen to the new mount. Test the screws in the holes BEFORE putting the mount in the dash. My screw holes were to tight and had to be drilled a tiny bit bigger to allow the screws to screw in easily. Also, the OEM mount has clips to hold the screws in place during install/removal.

The aftermarket mount doesn't hold the screws in very well and I had one screw fall into the dash while installing the mount.

***To avoid this, just turn each screw in place until it is solid (not loose), but also NOT sticking out the bottom of the mount too far or it will scratch the base when you push it into the dash.

5. You may need a routing wire puller to make routing cables in the dash easier. Example : https://www.amazon.com/Puller-Throug.../dp/B07KGCCXCZ

6. When placing the screen on the mount you need to push it straight in at the top level and then push down until it locks in place. There are tabs that grab the screen and hold it in place. Then screw in the provided silver screws (the go inside the flip down covers).

Video instructions of a screen install (steps are basically the same)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrvGz_UwbVg

i just finished setting up mine following instructions from everyone here and it went so well im even scared of jinxing it 😂. Everything turn on and worked the first time.

mine had a connection for audio into the OME harness but i just used the USB AUX because my car has no AUX input. To be honest i have no issues with the audio output.

Some observations:
1. I will probably always use carplay and the apps.there is nothing i need from the NTG menu except for reverse camera which turns on automatically (and off n returns to android) when the car is in reverse.
2. i downloaded youtube app and watched a few videos on the go (as passenger), even the wife is now sold!
3. I actually like the size of the 12.5, its inline with the centre console, and just looks right imo even tho its huge!
4.In carplay which is all ive properly used so far, the steering controls work just fine, as well as the wheel in centre console, volume etc. The only thing that does not seem to work is the touchpad which I never used.
5.i was able to change units to mph in the dash view. 6.Voice control in carplay works.
7. i like that i can leave carplay view but the music continues to play.
8. The mic works just as good as the OME. Usd telephone in carplay. The other person voice come through speakers so all good.
9.i was worried the reverse camera wasnt working but it was because i had the on/off button pressed. It wasnt obvious it was off because the right half of the screen looked like it was ok and the left half was blank!
9. The way i connected it only works when the car keys are turned at least once, so doesnt work when car is completely off.
10. Im yet to do the auto switch in audio but since I always use android, the car will always be set to usb aux.
11. didnt remove the blue ish screen protector, it looked fine for me and i dont like the screen to be too bright. But it wasn’t very sunny, uk summer this year 😢

12. By the way the most painful part of the install was removing and putting back the t15 screws for the screen. Whoever designed that is a sadistic person. Just copy bmw 😂

i saw some people saying some of these things didnt work for them, maybe i can share what i did but have to dig it all out and post it when requested. I played with the settings, and factory ones quite a bit out of curiosity. things seemed to work almost straight away-the only thing i really changed was my original screen size and setting up the phone.

next i want to remove the gloss console for a matt black one with clock. Just got it but i fgt the connection for the clock when the guy sold me the unit. I think that will be easy from reading the threads on here.

Last edited by KnewBee; 05-29-2021 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Meant t say touch pad does NOT work.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:25 PM

A250
No Sound!

Finished fitting the N600 (NTG 4.5) but there is no sound. Any ideas? Do I need to plug it into the AUX in the armrest compartment?

Below are the wires I have

Thanks

Old 05-29-2021, 08:59 PM

A250
Originally Posted by A250
Finished fitting the N600 (NTG 4.5) but there is no sound. Any ideas? Do I need to plug it into the AUX in the armrest compartment?

Below are the wires I have

Thanks
Found the issue, NTG was sound was not set to AUX!!
The following users liked this post:
KnewBee (06-01-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 10:26 AM

C43 Coupe - W205
Originally Posted by PaulR7
I haven't tried the USB input but I have a M5DSP and use https://www.startech.com/en-gb/cards...s/icusbaudio2d with optical SPDIF going to optical input on the amplifier and it works wonders.
In terms of switching sound there is an option in the DSP PC tool to make high level inputs the priority so if there is a phone call that comes through it automatically mutes the optical source and once it ends and no sound comes out of NTG it swaps back to optical all on its own.
I ended up going with this solution as the expansion port was already utilized for the high level inputs.

Were you able to map the volume controls to work with the optical source? Any help there would be appreciated, I've got audio priority switching but no volume controls.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2021, 03:39 AM

C Class W205
How to get the reverse camera to override?

I have messed about with alot of settings but i still cant get the reverse camera to show up on the android screen. If i revert back to NTG MENU then i will be able to see the reverse camera.

How can i change the settings so that that rverse camera overrides everything to pop up on top?

I havent seen anyone with this problem yet which

has me worrying 🤣
Old 06-14-2021, 06:25 AM

W205
Rear camera

Hello. My English language may be a bit incomprehensible because I am Polish and I use a translator. But to the point. I purchased and installed a 12.5 inch "Navifly" screen on a W205. It was not easy because it does not contain assembly instructions. But it worked, everything works except that the rear view camera turns on in D1 gear and when I switch to R, the message "No Signal" appears. Can someone help me? Thanks

Last edited by speedy3457; 06-14-2021 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:33 AM

W205
The camera is original
Old 06-20-2021, 04:29 PM

GLC 300
Issues/Queries about 12.5" Android 10 Display (DMPCarDesign)

Hey folks! I just finished installing the 12.5" screen yesterday for my GLC 300 2016. This thread has been immensely helpful for avoiding any potential installation issues. I was able to set it up and running in around 4-5 hours overall. The screen looks amazing and I love the huge spectrum of features that I have access to as compared with the old factory screen. I do however have some issues that I'm facing as follows:
  1. There is an audio delay that's pretty much evident while playing videos on YouTube. Looks like this is a common issue but I'm just wondering if there's been an update/fix for this in the past few months. (My unit has the 3.5mm AUX to USB adapter).
  2. The WiFi setting once set to ON doesn't stay that ways each time the unit is powered on. I have to manually turn on WiFi every time I start my car in order to connect to my phone's hotspot. (UPDATE: Fixed)
  3. I can't find/install Netflix App in Google Playstore. I tried to install the latest version using it's APK but the app wouldn't start despite having installed successfully. Not sure what's the issue here.(UPDATE: Fixed)
  4. I can't seem to figure out the password for Factory Settings. I've already tried 123456, 111111, 1314 and they all don't work. Anyone who's purchased their screen from DMPCarDesign who might know the password? (UPDATE: Fixed)

Looking forward to getting some solutions to the above issues... TIA guys!

Last edited by terrell_benz; 06-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:06 PM

W205
Wifi issue

Originally Posted by terrell_benz
Hey folks! I just finished installing the 12.5" screen yesterday for my GLC 300 2016. This thread has been immensely helpful for avoiding any potential installation issues. I was able to set it up and running in around 4-5 hours overall. The screen looks amazing and I love the huge spectrum of features that I have access to as compared with the old factory screen. I do however have some issues that I'm facing as follows:
  1. There is an audio delay that's pretty much evident while playing videos on YouTube. Looks like this is a common issue but I'm just wondering if there's been an update/fix for this in the past few months. (My unit has the 3.5mm AUX to USB adapter).
  2. The WiFi setting once set to ON doesn't stay that ways each time the unit is powered on. I have to manually turn on WiFi every time I start my car in order to connect to my phone's hotspot. (UPDATE: Fixed)
  3. I can't find/install Netflix App in Google Playstore. I tried to install the latest version using it's APK but the app wouldn't start despite having installed successfully. Not sure what's the issue here.(UPDATE: Fixed)
  4. I can't seem to figure out the password for Factory Settings. I've already tried 123456, 111111, 1314 and they all don't work. Anyone who's purchased their screen from DMPCarDesign who might know the password? (UPDATE: Fixed)

How did you fix the wifi issue?
Old 07-05-2021, 04:19 AM

Audi Q5
Originally Posted by A250
Hi Hyunchul Kwon
Just purchased a N600 10.2", interested in how you removed the anti-glare film. When I look at mine I can't really see or feel that there is a film, if there is it's very thin!!
Main issue is that there are marks on the screen, seems like under a film but on top of actual screen. Please see images attached.
Any idea how to remove this film, or on the images I've attached, would be greatly appreciated

Did you find a solution for this? Mine has comparable marks and I am not sure whether I have caused them or whether they were there from the start.

I am also not sure whether the 10" model has a protective layer which we could peel off. So far it seems like only the 12" model does.

Another issue I have: The unit sometimes loses the BT connection. I then have to reconnect the BT and ZLink automatically resumes? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Misch94
Did you find a solution for this? Mine has comparable marks and I am not sure whether I have caused them or whether they were there from the start.

I am also not sure whether the 10" model has a protective layer which we could peel off. So far it seems like only the 12" model does.

Another issue I have: The unit sometimes loses the BT connection. I then have to reconnect the BT and ZLink automatically resumes? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.
My 12 inch screen was sold as "blu ray" and had the applied hazy layer. There were also 10 inch "blu ray" models at the time.

Please note, there was also thinner screen protector on my screen, which is supposed to be removed before using. It was just for shipping.

Rub the edges with a credit card and see if it peels easily.

The blu ray layer is glued.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:11 PM

A250
No did not find a solution. Very hard to see if there is a sick-on layer. Personally I think there is and it's very thin. There are a few methods of removing these if you Google 'screen remove anti glare film' but I'm not recommending nor tried any of these

Regards the BT issue, it's worth asking your supplier for a firmware update.

Mega happy with the screen in general, takes a bit of messing around to setup, just a shame about the marks on the screen!!

Last edited by A250; 07-06-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:16 AM

c43
Hi Gents,
I got my N600 installed, however i find the quality of the GPS very poor.
Mine was installed in the speaker just in front of the screen, it was stuck on the structure, so i just returned it upside down, so the tap is facing the window now, i assume if i stuck it on the window the tap would face the sky so that's maybe why the GPS quality is poor.
I didn't try it yet, any suggestion ?
Thanks

Last edited by Pierre454; 07-12-2021 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:19 AM

Mercedes c250 w205
Wifi issue

Originally Posted by terrell_benz

how did you fix the wifi issue
Old 08-04-2021, 03:40 AM

W212
N600plus

Originally Posted by 2017C300
Any luck with yours? I updated mine to the latest MCU and firmware version. Still get the occasional green screen. I suspect the corruption to be a hardware issue. Might have to ask for a replacement.
I have the same symptoms. Has it improved?
Old 08-04-2021, 03:47 AM

W212
Originally Posted by Gary Wimbridge
I'm getting this also, seller just sent me an update for MCU dated 13.11.2020 which I'm going to install tomorrow.

First of all he asked me to try the different display types, of which none of them resolved it. It sometimes work fine, sometimes I get the colours or green lines.

I have the same symptoms. Did reset improve it?
Old 08-14-2021, 03:43 AM

C300 2018
I have problem when install NaviFly N8Plus. When start the car this is the only thing displayed on the screen. Please help thanks.
Old 08-20-2021, 06:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S
Just installed the N8 PRO MAX in my W205 C63S. Install took a lot longer than how Flexx showed it haha My main issue was when I released the plastic in the vents to route the cables through to the top section, I'm unable to full re-set the plastic in the vent again as the cables are in the way near the top.. Apart from that, everything else worked fine. Haven't routed the 4G/GPS antennas anywhere useful yet and have just left them in the passenger footwell net.

Android OS I find is different to all the Youtube videos and screenshots though.. Maybe I have a newer version? I can't find anywhere where I change which NTG version to use..

Wireless CarPlay works fine though howver booting into CarPlay when starting the car does take a little while though. Switching from MB BT phonecalls back to CarPlay works seemlessly. Switching in and out of 360 camera works too.

Darrington (08-21-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 07:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S
Oh also, as previously stated, wireless CarPlay works fine but I'm now deciding to play around with the inbuild Android and loading apps in instead whilst connecting via wifi to my iPhone's hotspot. Is there a way where I can swap between wifi hotspotting frommy phone and then going back into wireless CarPlay functionality again seemlessly? Or vice versa: going from wireless CarPlay back to Android OS and hotspotting via my phone - it says data already in use and I have to manually reconnect wifi/hotspot. Hope that makes sense..

Also, still can't find the option to select NTG version like you see in the videos.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:45 PM

2015 GLK350
does anyone know which cable is the GPS?
to run a GPS splitter from so i can use the OEM GPS?

Old 08-29-2021, 11:51 AM

GLC 350d
AUX to USB audio quality

Navifly N8 pro owner here on a GLC MY 2018.
I always had poor quality from the Android device, connected through the standard Navifly AUX to USB box connected to the center console USB on the GLC.

the audio is kind of “closed”, low quality and dynamic range. Did not make any instrumental measurements, but it is pretty obvious when comparing any FM radio to the web-radio stream through the Navifly (the same stream is very good quality on an iPad or smartphone).

I read all the thread and I see some nice setups (curious about the Dragonfly connection), but I guess I may have some issue with the aux to usb box or (worse) the Navifly aux output.

I am looking for any suggestions to solve my issue and, in particular, for some high quality aux to usb box compatible with the GLC .

thanks
Old 08-29-2021, 12:30 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
GLK350 2013, GLC63S AMG
Originally Posted by gibi72
Navifly N8 pro owner here on a GLC MY 2018.
I always had poor quality from the Android device, connected through the standard Navifly AUX to USB box connected to the center console USB on the GLC.

the audio is kind of “closed”, low quality and dynamic range. Did not make any instrumental measurements, but it is pretty obvious when comparing any FM radio to the web-radio stream through the Navifly (the same stream is very good quality on an iPad or smartphone).

I read all the thread and I see some nice setups (curious about the Dragonfly connection), but I guess I may have some issue with the aux to usb box or (worse) the Navifly aux output.

I am looking for any suggestions to solve my issue and, in particular, for some high quality aux to usb box compatible with the GLC .

thanks
Dont expect some good audio quality output from this "engineered on the lap" thing. Its raw, glitched and uses cheap elements base without proper shielding. I spent hours trying to figure it out till i opened it to take a look at schematics. They didnt even clean all the flux on the PCB lol. Sound is washed out with cut off at low and mid frequencies, especially when you use those parasitic noise suppressors ( with transformers inside) to remove background hiss and buzz. Its made as cheap as possible and it sounds OKish for most but those ppl with good hearing can clearly notice lack of range and mediocre quality. No way to improve it, its been made that way.

Last edited by Serge81; 08-29-2021 at 12:34 PM.
2017C300 (08-30-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 12:41 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
GLK350 2013, GLC63S AMG
Originally Posted by smudgeTHEcat
does anyone know which cable is the GPS?
to run a GPS splitter from so i can use the OEM GPS?
GPS Fakra connector has to be blue one but looks like its been integrated with some other connector so GLK has no dedicated GPS antenna connector to use splitter. At least on my 20113 with premium sound. My unit has ****ty GPS reception and glitchy compass as well, i tried to improve it by using native car antenna and it was just a waste of time and $10 i spent on that splitter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G