C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 787 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Originally Posted by LenniePaz
It's more about having to mount the GPS antenna on the windshield that bothers me.
Dude, I totally get that and I'm the same... I didn't want to add anything to my windshield. Check this out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8576583

Old 11-15-2022, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
It's more about having to mount the GPS antenna on the windshield that bothers me.
I mounted my gps antenna on very the top right corner of the windshield. ​​​​...and because of your comment I just remembered it was there.

​​​​​​The 4G antenna sits down flat behind the screen (no adhesive) in that space back there.

Last edited by benzdude; 11-15-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
GLC300
Originally Posted by Keith66
Dude, I totally get that and I'm the same... I didn't want to add anything to my windshield. Check this out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8576583
Looks good! I actually just saw where someone removed the A pillar on the passenger side and put the GPS antenna behind that.
The following users liked this post:
Keith66 (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 06:04 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by benzdude
I mounted my gps antenna on very the top right corner of the windshield. ​​​​...and because of your comment I just remembered it was there.

​​​​​​The 4G antenna sits down flat behind the screen (no adhesive) in that space back there.

I could never live with that. Every time I clean my windshield on the outside, I'd look at that and it would drive me crazy.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
I could never live with that. Every time I clean my windshield on the outside, I'd look at that and it would drive me crazy.
Lololo Well i hope your car never gets any scratches or dents.

Wait, but you can live with the rear view mirror and sensors stuck to it?
Old 11-15-2022, 06:10 PM

GLC300
Lololo Well i hope your car never gets any scratches or dents.

Wait, but you can live with the rear view mirror and sensors stuck to it?
Yes, they came from the factory. 😁
Old 11-15-2022, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Yes, they came from the factory. 😁
Well, just pretend the gps antenna is OEM.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:22 PM

GLC300
The Analog to USB box sound quality is fine, not sure why people where complaining.

Also, to enable Auto AUX switching you have to find the USB input that says "USB AUX". Then press the favorites button and save it. Take note of the position in the favorites.

Then go to AUX switching in the menu and input the position number. The only downside is it doesn't auto switch back.

Example, if you were listening to Bluetooth audio on the "NTG Menu" side and then switched to Music on the android side, it will auto switch to USB AUX. But if you go back to the "NTG Menu" it remains on USB AUX.

Not sure what this extra Speaker is for, no sounds come out of it.

Also, my touch pad does not work with the screen. Not sure if that's expected.
Have you ever heard sound come out of that speaker?
Old 11-16-2022, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Have you ever heard sound come out of that speaker?
When I use Google Assistant, the output voice comes out of this little speaker.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:25 AM

GLC300
When I use Google Assistant, the output voice comes out of this little speaker.
Hmmm, I have an iPhone so I wonder if it does the same with Siri or will Siri come through the main speakers?
Old 11-16-2022, 09:12 AM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
2015 C400
I mounted the WiFi antenna under the left side of the dash/glovebox. The 4G antenna and the USB cords are sitting in the netting in the passenger foot area!
Old 11-16-2022, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Hmmm, I have an iPhone so I wonder if it does the same with Siri or will Siri come through the main speakers?
I have no idea, I'm not an Apple user. Keep in mind that whatever I say may differ depending on your configuration. My unit is isolated from any smartphone and is using a sim card with 4G, so when I'm using Google Assistant it's running stand-alone on the unit, not from a smartphone.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:10 PM

GLC300
I have no idea, I'm not an Apple user. Keep in mind that whatever I say may differ depending on your configuration. My unit is isolated from any smartphone and is using a sim card with 4G, so when I'm using Google Assistant it's running stand-alone on the unit, not from a smartphone.
Ah, gotcha. If I had to guess I bet the little speaker is for when you use the screen as a standalone unit. With Carplay or Android Auto, the assistants probably use the stock speakers. I was also wondering why some of these screens come with a WiFi antenna and some don't? I wonder if some of the screens have built in WiFi like tablets do?
Old 11-16-2022, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Ah, gotcha. If I had to guess I bet the little speaker is for when you use the screen as a standalone unit. With Carplay or Android Auto, the assistants probably use the stock speakers.
Possibly, I don't know.

I was also wondering why some of these screens come with a WiFi antenna and some don't? I wonder if some of the screens have built in WiFi like tablets do?
Come to think of it now, I think on mine, the WiFi antenna is integrated within the 4G antenna (dual-purpose).

​​​​​​​
Old 11-19-2022, 10:53 PM

GLC300
I finally got around to hooking up my Android 11 10.25 screen today in my 2019 GLC 300. I bought it from AliExpress and it's non branded. The screen is VERY nice and it's super snappy. A couple issues I noticed is that sometimes I'll be playing music while using Carplay and the music will come through the main speakers in the car but also come through the tiny speaker they included. It doesn't always happen so I'm confused as to what is causing it. The unit is connected using a 3.5 to USB converter that they supplied with the screen. I'm connected to the screen BT and the Mercedes BT because calls are much more clear when using MB BT.

I also noticed the audio quality is lacking when playing music through the screen. I adjusted the audio using the equalizer app on the screen but it's still not as good as the factory radio sound which is Burmester. I'm thinking a DAC will help?

Finally, the wireless Carplay seems to have trouble when 2 iPhones are paired to the system. When I'm done using the vehicle after being paired wirelessly to Carplay, the next time my wife gets in with her iPhone, it doesn't automatically connect and she has to go through the entire pairing process again.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 S205
Excellent!
A tilt function would be even better.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:55 PM

GLC300
I'm having some weird problems with my climate control in particular the heat. Is there any chance at all that my Android screen is causing the problem or do they have zero to do with the climate control?
Old 12-27-2022, 03:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c300 2021
I'm having some weird problems with my climate control in particular the heat. Is there any chance at all that my Android screen is causing the problem or do they have zero to do with the climate control?
same here! I noticed sometimes i will switch to vents only and it never switches, If i go back to the default car screen (non android) the setting is still on "feet" and i can then make it go to vents
Old 12-27-2022, 03:08 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by BriChi
same here! I noticed sometimes i will switch to vents only and it never switches, If i go back to the default car screen (non android) the setting is still on "feet" and i can then make it go to vents
My wife noticed cold air coming from the glove box area when the heat was on. She opened the glove box and the cold air was coming out like one of the vents would. I had the temp set at 80° and on Auto. The heat was coming out the vents and not at our feet. When I pressed Auto the A/C was activated which I thought was weird. The car never got really warm inside so I started playing around with the settings. I hit the recirculate button and the cold air stopped coming out of the glove box and the heat got much hotter.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes ml 350 2014
Stuck on boot up logo

Hi, i have this android screen installed on my Mercedes ml 2014, it was working fine up until yesterday, now i cannot pass the boot up logo. I can use the original ntg holding the back button and also the reverse camera work correctly but the android side does not pass thought the first boot logo, it stays there. Does any one know how to fix it ?
Old 03-11-2023, 11:23 AM

GLC300
If I’m connected to Carplay and a phone call comes in is there any way to switch over to MB Bluetooth real quick to answer the call? There’s a known echo issue with iPhones and CarPlay where the caller hears themselves talking while on the call and it’s super annoying. There’s zero echo when taking calls on the MB Bluetooth.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
I finally got around to hooking up my Android 11 10.25 screen today in my 2019 GLC 300. I bought it from AliExpress and it's non branded. The screen is VERY nice and it's super snappy. A couple issues I noticed is that sometimes I'll be playing music while using Carplay and the music will come through the main speakers in the car but also come through the tiny speaker they included. It doesn't always happen so I'm confused as to what is causing it. The unit is connected using a 3.5 to USB converter that they supplied with the screen. I'm connected to the screen BT and the Mercedes BT because calls are much more clear when using MB BT.

I also noticed the audio quality is lacking when playing music through the screen. I adjusted the audio using the equalizer app on the screen but it's still not as good as the factory radio sound which is Burmester. I'm thinking a DAC will help?

Finally, the wireless Carplay seems to have trouble when 2 iPhones are paired to the system. When I'm done using the vehicle after being paired wirelessly to Carplay, the next time my wife gets in with her iPhone, it doesn't automatically connect and she has to go through the entire pairing process again.
You definitely want to use AUX IN for your audio signal. I first connected the audio to NTG using the supplied USB adaptor and the sound was not as "sharp" and overall pretty crappy. I also had an audio delay that was very apparent while playing a video and movie/TV.

Under your Media Interfaces in NTG, if your AUX IN selection is grayed-out, you'll need to activate AUX IN. There are plug-in flash OBD programmers available online that will take care of this.

Then connect your audio in like so: My aftermarket harness (my screen from DMP) has a 3.5mm female audio-in pigtail close to where the large harness connector block plugs into the NTG head unit. Just plug the 3.5mm male audio-out cable (single wire) from the Android screen to this pigtail on the harness, choose AUX as your Media Interface in NTG and you'll have a direct clean audio signal.

Old 03-11-2023, 01:23 PM

GLC300
You definitely want to use AUX IN for your audio signal. I first connected the audio to NTG using the supplied USB adaptor and the sound was not as "sharp" and overall pretty crappy. I also had an audio delay that was very apparent while playing a video and movie/TV.

Under your Media Interfaces in NTG, if your AUX IN selection is grayed-out, you'll need to activate AUX IN. There are plug-in flash OBD programmers available online that will take care of this.

Then connect your audio in like so: My aftermarket harness (my screen from DMP) has a 3.5mm female audio-in pigtail close to where the large harness connector block plugs into the NTG head unit. Just plug the 3.5mm male audio-out cable (single wire) from the Android screen to this pigtail on the harness, choose AUX as your Media Interface in NTG and you'll have a direct clean audio signal.

I have a 2019 GLC 300 which doesn’t have Aux.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
I have a 2019 GLC 300 which doesn’t have Aux.
Bummer! Hopefully there's another way to get there, as the USB adaptor setup really sucks IMO. For me, switching to the direct AUX connection made a massive difference.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:19 AM

GLC300
If I’m connected to Carplay and a phone call comes in is there any way to switch over to MB Bluetooth real quick to answer the call? There’s a known echo issue with iPhones and CarPlay where the caller hears themselves talking while on the call and it’s super annoying. There’s zero echo when taking calls on the MB Bluetooth.
I found this on the internet and it seems to be doing the job. While using CarPlay and a call comes in, it forces the call to the MB Bluetooth. Not sure how or why it works.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G