C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2017 C43 Buttons not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450 AMG
FINALLY FIXED

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Thank you, that is helpful for those who have this issue.
I checked my fuses and they were good and made sure all my connections were connected good as well.

So after speaking with a friend of mine who works as a tech at Mercedes and sees this issue pretty often he told me that most likely the motherboards on the switch blocks were fried and so I had to buy and install new ones.
$133 for the left and $80 for the right..spent $213 and installed them today and glad to say it worked!

Removed entire block

On the sides you’ll see these clips which you’ll lift up there should only be two on each side

I used a small flat head to lift up the clips. Once you pull out the old one, you can insert the new ones and screw everything back into place!

After plugging everything back in.. I turned on my car and the lights and all my buttons were working again! Took forever to finally get it fixed but glad I can enjoy my car again! Hope this serves as some help to those going through the same issue who are stuck and not sure what may be going on!
The following users liked this post:
benzdude (07-29-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by ChrisZissou
I checked my fuses and they were good and made sure all my connections were connected good as well.

So after speaking with a friend of mine who works as a tech at Mercedes and sees this issue pretty often he told me that most likely the motherboards on the switch blocks were fried and so I had to buy and install new ones.
$133 for the left and $80 for the right..spent $213 and installed them today and glad to say it worked!

Removed entire block

On the sides you’ll see these clips which you’ll lift up there should only be two on each side

I used a small flat head to lift up the clips. Once you pull out the old one, you can insert the new ones and screw everything back into place!

After plugging everything back in.. I turned on my car and the lights and all my buttons were working again! Took forever to finally get it fixed but glad I can enjoy my car again! Hope this serves as some help to those going through the same issue who are stuck and not sure what may be going on!
Thanks for the update and the pictures, glad it is fixed, I am guessing the fuse didn't prevent frying the motherboard or how come the frying motherboard is a common issue? Did your friend comment on that or they are just poorly made in general, any way to make sure it lasts longer?