C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 08:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Enhanced Ambient Lighting

Just picked up a 2023 C Sedan w/ Pinnacle (non AMG) and Enhanced Ambient lighting. Driving it this evening I noticed that there is no ambient lighting LEDs around the round AC vents, which surprised me as I thought that lighting around the vents was a part of the Enhanced package.

Am I mistaken or is there a setting that I may be missing?
Old 01-04-2023, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 C300 & 2021 GLE 53 Coupe
There should be ambient lighting in the vents. I suggest going to Settings, Comfort, Ambient Lighting, and making sure the Lighting Zones are linked. If they zones are not linked, it’s possible the zone that includes the vents is turned down to 0. I think each zone can be adjusted from 0 to 20.

Otherwise, you may need to take it in for service. Could be as as simple as a software reset or some kind of learning procedure hopefully.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:34 AM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Originally Posted by GibbsKnot
There should be ambient lighting in the vents. I suggest going to Settings, Comfort, Ambient Lighting, and making sure the Lighting Zones are linked. If they zones are not linked, it’s possible the zone that includes the vents is turned down to 0. I think each zone can be adjusted from 0 to 20.

Otherwise, you may need to take it in for service. Could be as as simple as a software reset or some kind of learning procedure hopefully.
Thanks for the reply!

Further investigation, I realized that the light strip from the console around the passenger footwell/glove box and from the console around the driver's well to the steering wheel is also out, so I've scheduled a service call to have them investigate. I'm hoping it's a wiring issue or fuse and not something that would require too invasive of a fix. Unfortunately, I have to wait a couple of weeks for the first available appt. w/ a loaner car to get it looked at. It's only cosmetic...but the car only had 8 miles on it when I picked it up...and anxious to see the lighting!

I'll report back when I learn more.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:41 AM

Received 396 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
As mentioned above, make sure the ''Accents'' slider is not turned off (ie at ''0'').

Old 01-05-2023, 09:32 AM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Originally Posted by bishop64
As mentioned above, make sure the ''Accents'' slider is not turned off (ie at ''0'').

Unfortunately, that's the first place I looked! Interestingly enough, the Accent slider does change the LED strip under the Vents (didn't know there was one there), but the Vents don't light.

Semi-related, is that when I change the temperature, the only LEDs that change color (Red/Blue) are the footwells. The accent lights around the car do not change like they do in my GLE, perhaps it is the same issue. Will know more when I get it into Service.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:26 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Originally Posted by jbizios
Just picked up a 2023 C Sedan w/ Pinnacle (non AMG) and Enhanced Ambient lighting....
Little OT: just out of curiosity, does your car have the Burmester?
Did you custom order it or you got it from dealership inventory?
Old 01-05-2023, 11:44 AM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Originally Posted by giovane
It does have the Burmester, actually surprisingly it was pretty loaded (Parking Assist, Driver Assistance, Multimedia and a few other odds/ends). More than I really wanted, but it was the right color scheme that we were looking for and it was sitting in the Dealer's inventory (had only been there a few weeks).
Old 01-05-2023, 11:51 AM

2023 C Class
Well, after all there is hope for those like me waiting for their custom order to show up with Burmester.
One last question: could you tell us what production date (mm/yy) is written on the door sill?
Old 01-05-2023, 01:27 PM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Well, after all there is hope for those like me waiting for their custom order to show up with Burmester.
One last question: could you tell us what production date (mm/yy) is written on the door sill?
11/22
The following users liked this post:
giovane (01-05-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:30 AM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Hi again -

Wanted to correct something, I realized last night that the car does not have the 3D Burmester (I don't have the silver grills w/ logo), but just the standard or what I think they call the Advanced Sound system with colored coated speakers that match the interior color. I just assumed that having the Pinnacle Trim gave the 3D Burmester. It wasn't that much of a priority for me when I was looking at the other options that we really wanted in the car and missed that it did not have the 3D but the standard Burmester.

My GLE has the 3D so I know what it sounds like and honestly, I think the C300 sounds decent...I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we mostly listen to compressed Sirius XM (my wife listens more to music and I always have one of the news channels tuned) so it's really not a big deal for us. I did play with the BASS and MID levels last night and got it tuned to a decent place. BASS was punchy and relatively tight, mid and treble a bit tinny - but again I based it on HD Radio and Sirius sources, instead of something less compressed.

Curious, though, if you might know the difference between the Burmester Surround Sound and the Burmester 3D Surround Sound option? My new GLE on order lists the Burmester Surround Sound not the 3D sound.

Apologies if I misled you...it wasn't intentional.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:37 AM

2023 C Class
Thank you for your clarification. I don't know the difference between the Surround sound and 3d I'm afraid.
Since I'm waiting for my custom ordered Pinnacle I was curious to see if they started installing the upgraded sound systems again.
Apparently they haven't installed any on 2023s. Every picture of new 2023s on cars.com have the base sound system installed.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:55 PM

2023 C Class
Are the rear vents not part of the ambient lighting? Not illuminated?
Old 02-11-2023, 07:20 PM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Are the rear vents not part of the ambient lighting? Not illuminated?
Have not looked, but there is ambient lighting on the rear doors.

Turns out the issue with my front Ambient Lighting was a defective wiring harness that the Dealer had to replace. All is working fine now, unfortunately the car was in the shop almost 3 weeks to get it fixed. A mix of labor shortages at the dealership and backordered parts. Had a GLB to drive around, so wasn't all that bothered by the delay. They also ended up replacing the Master Brake Cylinder...I had reported that the brakes were a bit "mushy". The new cylinder really made a difference. Car only had 30 miles on it when I first drove it from the dealership and only had it 2 days!!! MB QA could use a little improvement! But again, they fixed the issues and car is fine now, so not a big deal.
Old 10-14-2023, 05:35 PM

C300
Have not looked, but there is ambient lighting on the rear doors.

Turns out the issue with my front Ambient Lighting was a defective wiring harness that the Dealer had to replace. All is working fine now, unfortunately the car was in the shop almost 3 weeks to get it fixed. A mix of labor shortages at the dealership and backordered parts. Had a GLB to drive around, so wasn't all that bothered by the delay. They also ended up replacing the Master Brake Cylinder...I had reported that the brakes were a bit "mushy". The new cylinder really made a difference. Car only had 30 miles on it when I first drove it from the dealership and only had it 2 days!!! MB QA could use a little improvement! But again, they fixed the issues and car is fine now, so not a big deal.

did you have 3 zone brightness sliders or 2 when the lighting was faulty?

Last edited by Murdy2k5; 10-14-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:37 PM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
Originally Posted by Murdy2k5
did you have 3 zone brightness sliders or 2 when the lighting was faulty?
Three: Direct, Indirect, Accent

The issue was that the wiring harness was faulty which prevented current to flow to the AC vent and 1/2 of the trim LEDs.
Old 06-12-2024, 09:57 AM

c300
Unfortunately, that's the first place I looked! Interestingly enough, the Accent slider does change the LED strip under the Vents (didn't know there was one there), but the Vents don't light.

Semi-related, is that when I change the temperature, the only LEDs that change color (Red/Blue) are the footwells. The accent lights around the car do not change like they do in my GLE, perhaps it is the same issue. Will know more when I get it into Service.
just out of curiosity, was your car built with enhanced ambient lighting or did they essentially retrofit it afterwards? I thought 23 and 24 c300s didn’t have enhanced available bc of parts shortages. New 24 c300s don’t seem to come with any lights in air vents or around passenger glovebox area or door handle trims.
Old 06-12-2024, 10:44 AM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
It was built with it and not a retrofit.
Old 06-12-2024, 04:52 PM

c300
It was built with it and not a retrofit.
what year was the manufacture date? I thought none of the 2023s and 2024s have enhanced ambient lighting?
Old 06-12-2024, 05:47 PM

GLE 350, C300, GLC 300
11/22
Old 06-13-2024, 06:23 PM

2023 C Class
Originally Posted by mbux300
what year was the manufacture date? I thought none of the 2023s and 2024s have enhanced ambient lighting?
My 01/23 has the enhanced ambient lighting