Mercedes-Benz Navigation to buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 09:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 300 2022 4MATIC
Mercedes-Benz Navigation to buy

Hi everyone,

My car doesn't have factory navigation. But today I got notification about change in Mercedes Me Connect services. I went to check out what is there and have found out that Mercedes-Benz Navigation is available to purchase and it's compatible with my car. Before I haven't seen it listed even. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a glitch or MB finaly figured out a way to do post sale sales (Ughh) for features which some trims don't have from the start? I'm kind of confised.

Last edited by Serg675; 11-30-2023 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
It's been available to buy for a while now. Feel free to buy it if you want.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:36 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C300
I have yet to report back if it's a glitch or not.

When I got a services notification, I immediately purchased it. I have been trying to install nav on my 2022 and 2023 since I got them!!! I also cannot believe that it's actually going to work, but I bit the bullet and doubt they will leave me with a broken purchase.

I just purchased it for my 2022. I waited 2 minutes with the car off after purchasing, then turned it on. Navigation showed up in the home screen and cluster LIKE MAGIC (that you have to pay for)!!! Now says it's activating and cluster says please wait.

Excuse the snow
Old 12-01-2023, 10:14 AM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
‘22 S500
Maps in Apple CarPlay seems to be high functioning. Works well. Not sure I’d want to take the risk of an add.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:41 PM

It's legit. I have purchased it and after lengthy activation I have MB navigation now. The navigation view has been added to driver display too. Cool.
The following users liked this post:
adept19 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 09:04 PM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by Serg675
It's legit. I have purchased it and after lengthy activation I have MB navigation now. The navigation view has been added to driver display too. Cool.
Nice to hear that it works! I purchased it for the cluster screen

It's been 12 hours, however, my navigation isn't working. It went from "activating" to giving me an error that there are no maps.

Hopefully, it's just downloading the map and will work soon.

Old 12-01-2023, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 818benz
It's been 12 hours, however, my navigation isn't working. It went from "activating" to giving me an error that there are no maps.
Hmm. Activation took much less than 12 hours for me. After seeing "activating" I have turned my car off and came back after 3-4 hours. I saw map without a problem and I took small test drive. It guided my as expected.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:23 PM

Were your car connected to internet during activation? I think it needs to be connected to internet to download maps.
Old 12-02-2023, 06:50 PM

2022 C300
Were your car connected to internet during activation? I think it needs to be connected to internet to download maps.
It has 2 bars 4G available for Mercedes Me inside the garage where it's been sitting for the last two days. Ive also drive it around. I also have it connected to my home WIFI.

Its been 2 days and still no maps >
Old 12-03-2023, 10:47 AM

It has 2 bars 4G available for Mercedes Me inside the garage where it's been sitting for the last two days. Ive also drive it around. I also have it connected to my home WIFI.
I think Mercedes Me is not used for anything else. So it's not usual internet connection I guess (I may be wrong). You need to be connected to you home Wi-Fi or hot spot on your smartphone. Try to turn you car on then connect to Wi-Fi and then turn it off. I my case I have purchased data plan for the car for online music so my car connected to internet always.

Last edited by Serg675; 12-03-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Starling Blue C300

Any updates on if the maps updated/nav is working? I was on the fence about getting it when I saw it available in the store, and just got another update yesterday and now it’s taken off the store again so wondering if this was actually a glitch in their system after all…
Old 12-16-2023, 09:08 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by bens.benz
Any updates on if the maps updated/nav is working? I was on the fence about getting it when I saw it available in the store, and just got another update yesterday and now it’s taken off the store again so wondering if this was actually a glitch in their system after all…
On my 2023, it worked flawlessly and activated immediately. The error on my 2022 was resolved after a dealer installed nav for me. They said everything was working but the car had no maps to read. It was free.

Beware, live traffic, satellite maps, and car-to-x are unavailable for on both the 2022 and 2023. The car doesn’t always route the fastest way (when comparing to apple maps and doesn’t display traffic. I am unsure if this is because I purchased a year long Mercedes me sub, which may include these features the next time I renew. It might just not be supported at all, I suspect the non-nav models are missing a chip from the factory, which is why nav is $100 cheaper to buy than sticker.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 2022 W206
You are right! The Navigation doesn’t always route the fastest way and NO, it's not because of your mercedes sub, mine is recent and it appears I have the same concerns. Also mine doesn't have the zero layer installed. I went to the nearest dealership to me and they said I don't have any update available for my car here in Los Angeles.

But I have decided to take it to the dealers shop where I actually got it and specifically ask for the Zero Layer update. Hopefully, they can help me with that
Old 12-22-2023, 12:27 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by adept19
You are right! The Navigation doesn’t always route the fastest way and NO, it's not because of your mercedes sub, mine is recent and it appears I have the same concerns. Also mine doesn't have the zero layer installed. I went to the nearest dealership to me and they said I don't have any update available for my car here in Los Angeles.

But I have decided to take it to the dealers shop where I actually got it and specifically ask for the Zero Layer update. Hopefully, they can help me with that
Most dealerships won't even bother checking for an available update unless there's a recall. Insist they plug into XENTRY, scan for, and install MBUX updates.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ero-layer.html
adept19 (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 12:36 AM

C300 2022 W206
Most dealerships won't even bother checking for an available update unless there's a recall. Insist they plug into XENTRY, scan for, and install MBUX updates.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ero-layer.html

Thanks for the info. Even with this information on my Mercedes me connect app, do you think they can still help me?

Old 12-22-2023, 04:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
W206 C200
I have the navigation installed from the factory with the augmented reality feature but compared to navigation apps like Apple Maps and TomtomGo via Carplay, the onboard navigation is not that smart in routing and re-routing when there is traffic or other road events. Besides, here in The Netherlands, the maps are not up to date, despite me having the latest version installed. Especially driving in the city center. You are better off using Carplay with navigation apps that are truly up 2 date. And that augmented reality feature is nice for the first few weeks or for showing it to your friends, just a gimmick I think. The traffic information subscription was included for 3 years with the purchase of the car, but I am not renewing that. It boggles my mind that car manufacturers are still charging for that service, while several Carplay navigation apps are doing it for free and much better. I guess as long as they can trap customers in paying for that option they will keep doing it .

I would love to see car manufacturers just building the car, leaving the software part to the companies who know what they are doing with software.
adept19 (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 05:41 AM

2022 C300
Originally Posted by luciferclefcapr
I have the navigation installed from the factory with the augmented reality feature but compared to navigation apps like Apple Maps and TomtomGo via Carplay, the onboard navigation is not that smart in routing and re-routing when there is traffic or other road events. Besides, here in The Netherlands, the maps are not up to date, despite me having the latest version installed. Especially driving in the city center. You are better off using Carplay with navigation apps that are truly up 2 date. And that augmented reality feature is nice for the first few weeks or for showing it to your friends, just a gimmick I think. The traffic information subscription was included for 3 years with the purchase of the car, but I am not renewing that. It boggles my mind that car manufacturers are still charging for that service, while several Carplay navigation apps are doing it for free and much better. I guess as long as they can trap customers in paying for that option they will keep doing it .

I would love to see car manufacturers just building the car, leaving the software part to the companies who know what they are doing with software.
Totally agreed. The whole experience is better on Apple Maps, however, I could not resist having the option of maps in the cluster.

Using Apple Maps with the navigation cluster theme or the smaller map (switches like MPG, media, etc) in other themes, RUINS the entire experience. If any CarPlay guidance is activated, MBUX sense and relays this information to the cluster (which is cool), but it removes the entire map and just shows the next route step, like a big right turn arrow and 500 ft. They could have easily included these at the bottom of the map like they do with normal MBUX routing.

I expected Apple Maps to be superior when purchasing the nav - however the missing live traffic and car-to-x (as advertised on the product page) - the MBUX nav is disappointing.

Also, in some counties, they charge more than nav for CarPlay and AA integration.
The following 2 users liked this post by 818benz:
adept19 (12-22-2023), luciferclefcapr (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 05:49 AM

2022 C300
Thanks for the info. Even with this information on my Mercedes me connect app, do you think they can still help me?

Same here

adept19 (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 11:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C300EQE
I turned it on / bought it on 12/1 when I got the system update message. I want to say in Socal it took 30-45 mins to activate with it connected to my house wifi. There are options in the NAV settings to turn Route guidance and traffic on mbux even though you don't have it enabled as a digital extra. However since my c300 is like my 3rd car I really haven't driven it much to test out the traffic or notice the routing. If I ever notice will let you know or if someone can turn on in their nav mbux and test, that would be great.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:38 PM

C300EQE
Did anyone else get a services update notification and when I go to Shop Mercedes website I see car to x and live traffic options available on the digital package. But I don't have access to the car at this time to test that out. (USA).
Old 02-02-2024, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by BobZEQEC300
Did anyone else get a services update notification and when I go to Shop Mercedes website I see car to x and live traffic options available on the digital package. But I don't have access to the car at this time to test that out. (USA).
Same here. See it in the services. Haven't checked in the car yet.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:10 PM

C300EQE
Same here. See it in the services. Haven't checked in the car yet.

What mine looks like now
Old 02-02-2024, 07:44 PM

C300 2022 W206
unfortunately, I didn’t get it in mine. I’m yet to receive the update for zero layer. I was at my dealership(Beverly Hills,CA) on Tuesday for a recall service and these guys are telling me there’s no update showing up for my car. I have given up at this point. Ignore the purchase option, it’s never available.

Old 02-02-2024, 09:35 PM

C300EQE
unfortunately, I didn’t get it in mine. I’m yet to receive the update for zero layer. I was at my dealership(Beverly Hills,CA) on Tuesday for a recall service and these guys are telling me there’s no update showing up for my car. I have given up at this point. Ignore the purchase option, it’s never available.

We didn't see live traffic in the maps but we did see the reroute guidance happen supposedly because of traffic. We noticed games got installed, car to x shows up in settings in mbux. The weather app is more advanced. Online radio shows options for Spotify and apple music and can now see lyrics from songs. Not bad.
Ron P Baker (04-01-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 11:35 PM

C300 2022 W206
We didn't see live traffic in the maps but we did see the reroute guidance happen supposedly because of traffic. We noticed games got installed, car to x shows up in settings in mbux. The weather app is more advanced. Online radio shows options for Spotify and apple music and can now see lyrics from songs. Not bad.

Not bad indeed! Thanks for the update.
Ron P Baker (04-01-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz Navigation to buy