C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Pick up my 2012 CLS 63 tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 63, 2008 Ferrari F430 Spider, 2010 Porsche 911 C4 Cab (sold), 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
Pick up my 2012 CLS 63 tomorrow

Hi Guys:

I pick up my 2012 CLS 63 tomorrow, I am pretty excited. I traded in a 2010 Carrera 4 Cab, I didn't need 2 convertibles in Canada (I also have a 08 F430 spider), plus I needed somewhere to carry my hockey equipment, the back seat of the Porsche wasn't cutting it. Test drove the Panamera but thought the CLS was better value for the money, plus the Porsche was literally "butt" ugly. I initially was thinking about the CLS 550 4matic because it made more practical sense (4 wheel drive in winter), but that car was way too soft! (would be perfect for the wife, however). The CLS 63 is just right for a daily driver.

I didn't get the performance pack and carbon brakes because it seemed more track orientated, and the CLS isn't really a track car.

I love the new styling, I thought the old CLS was a little feminine, but the new one strikes a right balance of aggression and style.

Will try and post pics tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 PM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Very nice.
I also considered the Panamera Turbo but that rear half kills it.

Did you also consider a Jaguar XJ Supercharged?
What a gorgeous car, but couldn't close a good deal on one. The ride is also much softer than a CLS63.

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy her in good health, and let me know when you need someone to watch over the F spider when you're out of town.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 AM

CTS-V Coupe
Congrats I can't wait to see some pics of it. As a prospective buyer of both the CLS63 (or E63), and the Maserati GranTurismo S (I know, I'm all over the place), which would be your choice if you could only have one of them?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM

2012 CLS 63, 2008 Ferrari F430 Spider, 2010 Porsche 911 C4 Cab (sold), 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
Thanks for your replies. I didn't consider the Jag, It was a little big for me, but that is a good option.

I traded the Maserati for the Ferrari, because I wanted the Ferrari experience, but the Maserati had been one of the best GT cars I have ever owned. With the Maser, it wasn't about the performance or the top speed (although adequate 440 hp from a nat. aspirated v8), it was about the overall experience. It was beautifully designed inside and out, sounded great (in sports mode one of the best sounding exhausts ever), and was fun to drive. My only issue was with the build quality, it seemed like it was fragile, you had to take care of it like a Ferrari.

I need a daily driver, a car I can drive in winter, and Canadian winters with their ice and salt would not be good for the Maserati. The German build quality is better, which is why I chose the CLS.

Also, the Maserati attracts too much attention, it is an exotic, while the CLS is a little more stealthy. I don't want to be too flashy when I park at work, for example.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 CLS63
Congrats, can't wait to see your CLS! I should be getting mine in late Dec or early Jan, pretraded my 09 Maserati Granturismo in on it, and my feels were the same as yours...gorgeous looking and sounding car, but too much attention and old school tech. What winter tires are you putting on your CLS?

Originally Posted by KenMDTO
Thanks for your replies. I didn't consider the Jag, It was a little big for me, but that is a good option.

I traded the Maserati for the Ferrari, because I wanted the Ferrari experience, but the Maserati had been one of the best GT cars I have ever owned. With the Maser, it wasn't about the performance or the top speed (although adequate 440 hp from a nat. aspirated v8), it was about the overall experience. It was beautifully designed inside and out, sounded great (in sports mode one of the best sounding exhausts ever), and was fun to drive. My only issue was with the build quality, it seemed like it was fragile, you had to take care of it like a Ferrari.

I need a daily driver, a car I can drive in winter, and Canadian winters with their ice and salt would not be good for the Maserati. The German build quality is better, which is why I chose the CLS.

Also, the Maserati attracts too much attention, it is an exotic, while the CLS is a little more stealthy. I don't want to be too flashy when I park at work, for example.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Picked up the CLS today, car interior is very nice, power is effortless. The speed sneaks up on you, then you look at the speedometer and it's "holy ****, I didn't know I was going that fast!"

Alas, it was just my luck that it was raining today, so I didn't take any pictures, will wait until the car is clean and it's a nice day.

I put Pirelli Sottozeros on the car, we'll see how she handles on the first snowfall, which hopefully won't happen until Dec. 24, wishful thinking in Toronto.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM

12 CLS63
Picked up the CLS today, car interior is very nice, power is effortless. The speed sneaks up on you, then you look at the speedometer and it's "holy ****, I didn't know I was going that fast!"

Alas, it was just my luck that it was raining today, so I didn't take any pictures, will wait until the car is clean and it's a nice day.

I put Pirelli Sottozeros on the car, we'll see how she handles on the first snowfall, which hopefully won't happen until Dec. 24, wishful thinking in Toronto.
Sweet, what color combo you get? I ordered the Sottos, but the rears are backordered, ugh. Pics when you can!

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Very boring silver black but I like it
Old 11-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
<--Jealous! Enjoy the beast and post pics when you can!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 PM

No, not boring at all!

But which one? Iridium or Palladium?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM

12 CLS63
I was very close to going Palladium, love that color, which silver did you get?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Light silver, iridium, only one the dealer had, I didn't want to wait to order, plus less of a deal if you order one, I think
Old 11-09-2011, 12:04 PM

Light silver, iridium, only one the dealer had, I didn't want to wait to order, plus less of a deal if you order one, I think
Oh, I see.
Well then you're right.....

.....that is a boring color.

J/K