C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Renntech ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Which part of that post was false? You actually are saying that what I said is true. SGC posted it was full weight and the mods. Does he represent Rt or just hypes them up all the time?
You are saying they are lying. I am saying they never made the statements that have been attributed to them, so they aren't lying.

SGC represents himself. I think he's crazy enough to drive 10 second cars at the track. But that doesn't make him an employee.

Mark @ Renntech already posted in this thread. HE represents Renntech. The Renntech official outlets (news blog, website, and postings here under their Sponsor name) represent RT. Those official outlets claim 11.3@125 on street tires.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
You are saying they are lying. I am saying they never made the statements that have been attributed to them, so they aren't lying.

SGC represents himself. I think he's crazy enough to drive 10 second cars at the track. But that doesn't make him an employee.

Mark @ Renntech already posted in this thread. HE represents Renntech. The Renntech official outlets (news blog, website, and postings here under their Sponsor name) represent RT. Those official outlets claim 11.3@125 on street tires.
i'm not saying Rt is lying, sgc is. He sure acts like he has ties to rt.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:27 PM

2005 E55 AMG
i'm not saying Rt is lying, sgc is. He sure acts like he has ties to rt.
I'm a second-hand RT customer and I feel an allegiance to them, in a way, since I'm smitten with my car and their work done to it. So that's my full disclosure. I don't speak for them in any way. But I think there has been an injustice done here and that's why I, for one, wanted to set the record straight. I like their work! I like it! Sue me!

Where I come from, a "full weight" car meant no removed interior parts, including carpets, door panels, seats, console, rear deck, replacement racing seats and the like. Also meant no removing A/C components, replacing P/S with lighter manual steering rack, reduced weight K-member, swapping steel suspension parts for aluminum ones, etc. But "bigs-n-littles" (skinnies up front and smaller diameter/wider wheels in back) were understood to not affect whether the vehicle was still considered "full weight" or not. "Full weight" was in reference to the chassis and cabin, the sprung weight. You either had a "full weight" car, a "full weight w/ skinnies" car, or a "gutted" car (meaning you got rid of as much unnecessary weight as possible, comfort be damned). A quick search found this result of similar minds. So I'm not alone, although I don't necessarily want to be lumped in with the Corral folks.. *wink*

What I'm saying is maybe SGC's idea of full weight is the same thing I'm familiar with. Now that we've established YOUR definition of "full weight" (except I'm a little fuzzy on how much fuel a "full weight" car should have) then he was mistaken - by YOUR definition. On the other hand, Renntech NEVER stated that it was "full weight" by ANY definition, and so the company shouldn't be punished for his assumption.

Call Renntech and get their input. Ask them for yourself. Then post your reconciliation for everyone to see.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Vic55
LOL what up bro, I think you and I take the cake in the "old timer" segment.
old is right, nice to see you still swapping wheels and cars like its your job. Now back to the
Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG
I respectfully disagree. Nobody said the RT CLS63TT tune is good for 10.90s.
My friend, hear me out.... You are right, Renntech doesn't elude to this, but certain posts on this thread would make one "believe" that they are doing this with a tune only.

May I present case 1:
Post number 11 by our friend Mr. Tortoise

Originally Posted by AMGTortoise
RT are doing much faster times than any tune out there & it's untouched till still now.

I would like to see those other tuners do their own in-house tune; do record better times & mph trap speed with just better tires (w/o weight reduction or using a downhill track), but I've seen none besides RT:
This guy appears to have real close ties with Renntech, maybe even an employee?. From his post above you would never gather that the car he is speaking of has down pipes, high flow cats, larger intercoolers, lightweight skinny's (weight reduction) and no telling what else. In fact, what I get form his post is it's just a tune with better tires. See in bold print

My beef with all of this is the entire story was NOT being told!!!

May I present case number 2:
This post was made by you

Regardless, the CLS63 with Renntech tune has you beat by ~5mph in the same sort of humidity you're familiar with.
See even your post would lead anyone to believe that Renntech was tune only because you are comparing it to my tune only car. You make no mention that the Renntech car has custom tuning, down pipes, high flow cats, skinny's, etc. Damn right with all of that it better be trapping 5 mph more than mine
But in your defense, you had not clue that the Renntech car had all of these goodies in it. None of us had. That's the great thing about this thread, all the "real" information is starting to come out.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
When I flew out there to enjoy the weather the last thing on my mind was busting you out........Drinking and relaxing was a much more appealing option. Besides, I don't really care. It's you that has to live with what you do, not me.

So I have a few questions:

1. What's the fastest Renntech customer car without you driving?
2. What the fastest Renntech car using parts that they are willing to sell a customer?
3. What's the fastest Renntech car without high pressure lines under the hood?
4.What's with the secret trunk compartment and the blue bottle in Mut's C63?

Thanks. I can keep going if you'd like

Marko you're a joke. Why don't you tell everyone how you begged me to have Renntech work on your car, and they declined because it had mix and match parts. Clear to see why you're angry.

Also, you don't care about this issue, but you have all these questions you want answered. You care - big time. You had the chance to have all of your questions answered in person, and you didn't show.

I have offerred you, and ever other hater on this board, 5k if what I said about my car was untrue. No one, including you, had the ***** to show up.

You were in Miami and had the opportunity to inspect my car and you b*tched out.

You and BlackBenz have the "no show" down to a science.

My CL has been gone for over a year, you guys still haven't been able to beat it, and it sticks in your craw.

Go back to watching your gay ****.

Want more?

Last edited by SGC; 02-29-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by SGC
You are in fantasy land as usual.

Remember you b*tched out when I invited you to inspect my car at the standing mile in Miami . You supposedly flew down, but got too drunk the night before and couldn't make it. Maybe you were watching gay ****.

Marko =

Last edited by FLSL55; 02-29-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by Ready2roll
See even your post would lead anyone to believe that Renntech was tune only because you are comparing it to my tune only car. You make no mention that the Renntech car has custom tuning, down pipes, high flow cats, skinny's, etc. Damn right with all of that it better be trapping 5 mph more than mine
But in your defense, you had not clue that the Renntech car had all of these goodies in it. None of us had. That's the great thing about this thread, all the "real" information is starting to come out.
Since you profit from V-tech sales (there is some real truth) your agenda is clear. Either that, or you can't read because the mods have always been posted, even on this forum. The truth has alway been in front of you, but you chose to ignore it for your own benefit. Wake up and read the truth below..

http://www.roadtesttv.com/hot-news-2...s-road-test-tv

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...bar-again.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...8-129-mph.html

Last edited by SGC; 02-29-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by SGC
Since you profit from V-tech sales (there is some real truth) your agenda is clear. Either that, or you can't read because the mods have always been posted, even on this forum. The truth has alway been in front of you, but you chose to ignore it for your own benefit. Wake up and read the truth below..

http://www.roadtesttv.com/hot-news-2...s-road-test-tv

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...bar-again.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...8-129-mph.html
You are missing the point! That information may have been there all along for someone willing to dig for it, but the information posted in THIS THREAD has been lacking. Read for yourself from the very beginning of THIS THREAD and you will see how easy it would be for someone that didn't know any better to believe that Renntech has a car running 10.90's with just a tune and drag tires. Again, that is just going off of the information posted in THIS THREAD
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM

2005 E55 AMG
You are right, Renntech doesn't elude to this
OK, so we're on the same page right now.

but certain posts on this thread would make one "believe" that they are doing this with a tune only.
Doing which "this"? The 11.3 or the 10.9x? Because one was tune only and the other was publicly stated thru official channels that it had exhaust work done - regardless of what a poster said on this forum, which should be analyzed and fact-checked if one were to take issue with his claim. A quick trip to their official blog says 11.3 tune-only on OEM tires and 10.9x with tune, exhaust and DRs. Whether the poster was right or wrong in his recollection of the details as told to him is insignificant, the facts had been on the official blog for DAYS prior. You can call the poster names but can't blame the company for being deceitful.

This guy appears to have real close ties with Renntech, maybe even an employee?. From his post above you would never gather that the car he is speaking of has down pipes, high flow cats, larger intercoolers, lightweight skinny's (weight reduction) and no telling what else. In fact, what I get form his post is it's just a tune with better tires. See in bold print
Since we're disregarding unofficial claims, this is insignificant. Relevant in the sense that you shouldn't trust everything you read on this forum unless it comes from the sponsor themselves or is quoted from official publication? Absolutely. That's just good sense.

If I told you the Blue Angels fueled their jets with baby brains, would you hold the US NAVY accountable? No, it sounds outlandish, and you'd go to the source.

My beef with all of this is the entire story was NOT being told!!!
It was being fully told - again, thru official statements, which you agreed RT made no fault. But if you fact check, nobody but a forum poster made those claims.

May I present case number 2:
This post was made by you

I never said it was "tune only", I did say it had the "Renntech tune". I could have been more clear, and I see where the wording left room for interpretation, albeit unintentionally. I made a mistake. In addition, I heard that the CLS went 131mph via text that did not go into great detail (as the medium is limited). But again, a trip to their blog entry (posted on the 23rd) where it went 129mph previously would have cleared up that confusion - it clearly states they ran DRs and exhaust mods. Again, taking my word for it isn't going to get you far. Cause who the hell am I? nobody.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Since we're disregarding unofficial claims, this is insignificant. Relevant in the sense that you shouldn't trust everything you read on this forum unless it comes from the sponsor themselves or is quoted from official publication? Absolutely. That's just good sense.
Exactly!!!

The problem is there were lots of "unofficial claims" on this thread..... well, maybe not claims just a lot of left out pertinent information by what could possibly be Renntech employees? They sure fight with a vengance like their salary depends on it

Point being.... any new comer could read posts made on this thread which lack info and think that they are going to get a Renntech tune and drag radials and run 10.90s

You said it yourself when you made this joke
Misinformation is powerful. People swallow it without even checking.

I think the Renntech CLS63TT tune makes closer to 715rwhp.
People are lazy and will believe such things without checking facts first.

All this leads me to believe that maybe information was purposely left out (see post 11)

Again, this is a great thread that has been extremely revealing. Keep up the good discussion!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
But again, a trip to their blog entry (posted on the 23rd) where it went 129mph previously would have cleared up that confusion - it clearly states they ran DRs and exhaust mods. Again, taking my word for it isn't going to get you far. Cause who the hell am I? nobody.

just curios, because I have never been to their blog nor do I know where to find it.... They mention DR's and exhaust mods. Do they specify down pipes and high flow cats? Because "exhaust mods" could just mean resonators removed. Do they make mention that the car also had larger intercoolers and skinny's like we have learned on this thread or was the information left off of their blog also? And if left off was it intentional?......
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Anyway, this is taking up a lot of everyone's time. Let's agree that this thread was staying on topic until post #11 when it went way out.

Until someone shows me a 2012 CLS63 running better than 11.3's on the stock tires then I stand by my statement that V-Tech has the best tune for these cars
I haven't seen better than 11.3's on the stock tires, so it looks like you have a throne to defend at this minute. RT did officially announce 11.3 on the stock tires. I don't know if it was lower than your best of 11.34 because the hundredths aren't listed. But we are told that the RT weather was not as favorable as yours. Weather data backs this up. So in better weather, and excluding the hundredths, you're tied. But I'd give you the nod, personally, because it could be your 11.34 vs 11.35 or even 11.39 - because we don't have that last little bit of data. If we get it, that could change.

I wish you continued success and I'm sure V-Tech appreciates your being cordial among the anarchy.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
Anyway, this is taking up a lot of everyone's time. Let's agree that this thread was staying on topic until post #11 when it went way out.

I haven't seen better than 11.3's on the stock tires, so it looks like you have a throne to defend at this minute. RT did officially announce 11.3 on the stock tires. I don't know if it was lower than your best of 11.34 because the hundredths aren't listed. But we are told that the RT weather was not as favorable as yours. Weather data backs this up. So in better weather, and excluding the hundredths, you're tied. But I'd give you the nod, personally, because it could be your 11.34 vs 11.35 or even 11.39 - because we don't have that last little bit of data. If we get it, that could change.

I wish you continued success and I'm sure V-Tech appreciates your being cordial among the anarchy.
You know, you are right. Post 11 is when things went sour. I regret feeding into it, but in the end some great info came out of this thread.

I do recall seeing a post in this thread somewhere about their 11.3? run on street tires which is awesome. I think they trapped 125 to my 126.7 mph, but then again that 40 degree air that night was definitely to my advantage.
Tune for tune it seems the cars were running equal

I look forward to taking the car back to the track in some hot weather to see what I can muster. It should be interesting.

Peace out! I'll try not to keep feeding this thread
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM

2005 E55 AMG
You know, you are right. Post 11 is when things went sour. I regret feeding into it, but in the end some great info came out of this thread.

I do recall seeing a post in this thread somewhere about their 11.3? run on street tires which is awesome. I think they trapped 125 to my 126.7 mph, but then again that 40 degree air that night was definitely to my advantage.
Tune for tune it seems the cars were running equal

I look forward to taking the car back to the track in some hot weather to see what I can muster. It should be interesting.

Peace out! I'll try not to keep feeding this thread
And if someone calls out the Z06 at Orlando or Palm Beach racetracks PM me directly, I want to search it for solid rocket boosters! j/k i would like to see it run.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 PM

2012 CLS 63 AMG
And if someone calls out the Z06 at Orlando or Palm Beach racetracks PM me directly, I want to search it for solid rocket boosters! j/k i would like to see it run.
You got it bro!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
2 hours and not a single post?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
Marko you're a joke. Why don't you tell everyone how you begged me to have Renntech work on your car, and they declined because it had mix and match parts. Clear to see why you're angry.

Also, you don't care about this issue, but you have all these questions you want answered. You care - big time. You had the chance to have all of your questions answered in person, and you didn't show.

I have offerred you, and ever other hater on this board, 5k if what I said about my car was untrue. No one, including you, had the ***** to show up.

You were in Miami and had the opportunity to inspect my car and you b*tched out.

You and BlackBenz have the "no show" down to a science.

My CL has been gone for over a year, you guys still haven't been able to beat it, and it sticks in your craw.

Go back to watching your gay ****.

Want more?
This type of emotionally charged response doesn't occur when an individual doesn't feel threatened. Unfortunately, it is the truth that threatens you. Like I said, you have to live with it, not me.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by FLSL55
Marko =
You must have a lot of time on your hands!
I know this may be extremely difficult for some of you guys to process, so pay attention. Thankfully, my life and my time are not that meaningless to the point that I would have an incentive or any satisfaction to take time out of my vacation to meet a known liar to confirm his lies............ Anyone else with me on that or is that still hard to digest?

BTW, I'll come down to PBIR in a few weeks if you have any 65 you'd like to run with "prototype" fetzer valves or flux capacitors blah blah I'm in. I don't care if you spray it from ding to dong. Get a lane $5000.

What's up now?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by Vic55
2 hours and not a single post?
Vic, I'll help you out. If Internet Brands knows what is good for this forum, they will can you as a moderator. You are supposed to be neutral, but you're a d*psh*t and an instigator. My understanding is that your stupidity has caused this forum to lose sponsors. Nice work moderator.

This type of emotionally charged response doesn't occur when an individual doesn't feel threatened. Unfortunately, it is the truth that threatens you. Like I said, you have to live with it, not me.
Here is some TRUTH you can't run away from... You had an open invitation to inspect my CL65 on more than one occassion and you were a "no show" even though you claimed to have been in Florida at the time.

I know this may be extremely difficult for some of you guys to process, so pay attention. Thankfully, my life and my time are not that meaningless to the point that I would have an incentive or any satisfaction to take time out of my vacation to meet a known liar to confirm his lies............ Anyone else with me on that or is that still hard to digest?

BTW, I'll come down to PBIR in a few weeks if you have any 65 you'd like to run with "prototype" fetzer valves or flux capacitors blah blah I'm in. I don't care if you spray it from ding to dong. Get a lane $5000.

What's up now?
What's up now?...Here's what's up now....You b*tched out over a year ago, and my CL65 is long gone. It may be a good idea for you to try to get your hands on a flux capacitor if you can since you'll need it to put the hands of time back to 2010. If you come to Florida now, it is fine for you to claim to get drunk and sleep in since its 2012, not 2010.

Last edited by SGC; 02-29-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

What's up now?
Damnnnnn!!!! I got money on Marko! But I smell something, can't tell if it's chicken or ***** His slow SL65 doesn't stand a chance
Originally Posted by SGC
Vic, I'll help you out. If Internet Brands knows what is good for this forum, they will can you as a moderator. You are supposed to be neutral, but you're a d*psh*t and an instigator. My understanding is that your stupity has caused this forum to lose sponsors. Nice work moderator.
Ban! Oh and if you are going to use big words try to spell them correctly. Ironic how you can't even spell stupidity!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
Vic, I'll help you out. If Internet Brands knows what is good for this forum, they will can you as a moderator. You are supposed to be neutral, but you're a d*psh*t and an instigator. My understanding is that your stupity has caused this forum to lose sponsors. Nice work moderator.

Here is some TRUTH you can't run away from... You had an open invitation to inspect my CL65 on more than one occassion and you were a "no show".

What's up now?...Here's what's up now....You b*tched out over a year ago, and my CL65 is long gone. It may be a good idea for you to try to get your hands on a flux capacitor if you can since you'll need it to put the hands of time back to 2010. If you come to Florida now, it is fine for you to claim to get drunk and sleep in since its 2012, not 2010.
Well how about this???.......Since your car "only" had a few mods, getting another 65 with similar mods as yours shouldn't be a problem, should it?
It should run the same as yours right??????? If your car "only" had what you listed, then ANY 65 can EASILY and quickly be set up that way. Am I wrong? Get into any 65 and put the magic tune and ram air on it, hell I'll even let you put your favorite braided line injection package on it, I don't care. I'll let you spray and I'll sit heads up with you with my car on pure boost. Buddy, it doesn't get any sweeter than this, does it???

You see what happens when you dig yourself into a hole? As a former street racer I appreciate that you try to hustle. I do, however, think that you should give it up and give it up fast because you're not that good at it. Come to Chicago and I'll show you around and show you how it's done properly.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Shiet just got real.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Damnnnnn!!!! I got money on Marko! But I smell something, can't tell if it's chicken or ***** His slow SL65 doesn't stand a chance

Ban! Oh and if you are going to use big words try to spell them correctly. Ironic how you can't even spell stupidity!
You're back little lady..... well then...you and Marko can compare you "no show" tactics.

Also, nice catch on the spelling of stupidity. Its the only item of value you have added to this thread and I want Vic to know exactly how I feel. So spelling is important.

If I get banned (which I welcome) the board will lose a wealth of information.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Like a bawss

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech ECU Upgrade