Renntech ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
You are in fantasy land as usual.

Remember you b*tched out when I invited you to inspect my car at the standing mile in Miami . You supposedly flew down, but got too drunk the night before and couldn't make it. Maybe you were watching gay ****.
When I flew out there to enjoy the weather the last thing on my mind was busting you out........Drinking and relaxing was a much more appealing option. Besides, I don't really care. It's you that has to live with what you do, not me.

So I have a few questions:

1. What's the fastest Renntech customer car without you driving?
2. What the fastest Renntech car using parts that they are willing to sell a customer?
3. What's the fastest Renntech car without high pressure lines under the hood?
4.What's with the secret trunk compartment and the blue bottle in Mut's C63?

Thanks. I can keep going if you'd like
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Does that mean without power steering and A/C?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
Does that mean without power steering and A/C?
No. I was referring to aftermarket lines that can be used for methanol and nitrous injection
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
this shyt has been going on for years, Oliver Neumann should get residuals for reviving your company when the twin turbo V12's came out. Dont wonder why the old timers are always so pissed with RT, some of us have been around long enough...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
this shyt has been going on for years, Oliver Neumann should get residuals for reviving your company when the twin turbo V12's came out. Dont wonder why the old timers are always so pissed with RT, some of us have been around long enough...
I wish we could get Bill Hart (lolachampcar) out from retirement and flying his Extra 300 acrobatic plane to chime in. He is very wise and knowledgeable about many things.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I wish we could get Bill Hart (lolachampcar) out from retirement and flying his Extra 300 acrobatic plane to chime in. He is very wise and knowledgeable about many things.
I agree. He knows many many things............
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM

CL65 /E63TT
Me too.........
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 63 AMG
No, you are accusing. And it's getting people all riled up.
Sorry that is not my intention. I just like to call a spade a spade and lay all the cards on the table.

Sure, Renntech does not advertise that 10.90 run on their webpage, but posters here leave out all the pertinent mods that got it there and elude to the fact that it's the regular tune that you can order off their site.

Nevertheless, it's a huge accomplishment to put a car this size into the 10's so hats off to Renntech
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Ready2roll
Sorry that is not my intention. I just like to call a spade a spade and lay all the cards on the table.

Sure, Renntech does not advertise that 10.90 run on their webpage, but posters here leave out all the pertinent mods that got it there and elude to the fact that it's the regular tune that you can order off their site.

Nevertheless, it's a huge accomplishment to put a car this size into the 10's so hats off to Renntech
I never saw that as your intent either. Great accomplishments by all IMHO.

At least you have a dog in this fight as you own the car and have a tune.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ready2roll
I respectfully disagree. Nobody said the RT CLS63TT tune is good for 10.90s. The CAR with the listed, disclosed MODS (tune, exhaust, DRs, narrow FR wheels [as evidenced in the video]) and the OWNER driving it is good for 10.90s at over 131mph.

You and I see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, and judging by your significant accomplishments on the Z06 and your new CLS, you know plenty about testing and tuning a setup. So it is with great disappointment that I see you buying into the rhetoric being flung around.

Is it a crime to test a tuned car on OEM street tires at the track and post the findings? (RT: 11.2@125, as advertised to customers)

Is it a crime to then perform further modifications - hardware and software, as quoted on their web blog and here - on that same car, including drag radials, and post the findings? (RT: 10.9@129, as posted here and on their web blog)

Is it a crime to then continue improving that same car and post findings? (RT: 10.9@131, so far only announced here)

I just don't see the issue. If you want to know what they're telling customers, go to their official news site and read what the customers are reading. Not what an enthusiast is posting here. There's nothing official about that.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
This is a message to Renntech. I eagerly want to see how your tune and exhaust mod for your 2012 CLS63 can perform against me. My vehicle is well known in this forum. As a matter of fact, I have been harassing one of your customers here in Qatar who has a tune and turbo headers with down pipes. Till this day he won't race me. Because I think we both know what the outcome of this will be.

If you happen to have any new customers in Qatar running with your mods I would love to race them. I will post the video up here, in this thread.

I honestly, must say without offending you, your horsepower ratings are full of it. 669 Horsepower???? WTF???? All the European tuners and well known tuners have quoted between 620-630 horsepower. But you on the other hand are claiming that the car is under rated, and rating it on a dynoJet .

Enough with the nonsense talking. Im calling you up on a race. LETS DO IT
Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Look at the OG's and trend setters in this forum, just sayin.....and if anyone eff's with Ahmad u gotta answer to me, again just sayin
Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Look at the OG's and trend setters in this forum, just sayin.....and if anyone eff's with Ahmad u gotta answer to me, again just sayin
LOL what up bro, I think you and I take the cake in the "old timer" segment.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
This is a message to Renntech. I eagerly want to see how your tune and exhaust mod for your 2012 CLS63 can perform against me. My vehicle is well known in this forum. As a matter of fact, I have been harassing one of your customers here in Qatar who has a tune and turbo headers with down pipes. Till this day he won't race me. Because I think we both know what the outcome of this will be.

If you happen to have any new customers in Qatar running with your mods I would love to race them. I will post the video up here, in this thread.

I honestly, must say without offending you, your horsepower ratings are full of it. 669 Horsepower???? WTF???? All the European tuners and well known tuners have quoted between 620-630 horsepower. But you on the other hand are claiming that the car is under rated, and rating it on a dynoJet .

Sorry buddy, Kleemann claims 690. V-Tech claims 664 (stage1) and 686 (stage 2). Renntech claims 669.

And who doesn't use a DynoJet?

Aside from that, I think the race idea is excellent. Would be awesome either way.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Oh shiet..I hope this brings you out of retirement.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Guys keep the debate going- its a good read- just dont make it personal or violate the TOU- I would hate to shut down such a wonderful thread

Last edited by Vic55; 02-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM

2005 E55 AMG
It's not a debate, Vic, and you know it. It is rhetoric - a technique of persuasion. Everything about RT lying to customers via false advertising, claiming the tune-only car is capable of 10s, etc has been proven to be fabricated. But just by saying it in a public, searchable forum, people are giving life to the negative claims.

And the real problem is that you like where it's going. But as long as you don't come out and actually say it, you've effectively done nothing worthy of punishment.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Administrator

It's not a debate, Vic, and you know it. It is rhetoric - a technique of persuasion. Everything about RT lying to customers via false advertising, claiming the tune-only car is capable of 10s, etc has been proven to be fabricated. But just by saying it in a public, searchable forum, people are giving life to the negative claims.

And the real problem is that you like where it's going. But as long as you don't come out and actually say it, you've effectively done nothing worthy of punishment.
I have no problem with it---not a sponsor thread and there is no personal bashing. What would you like me to do in regards to punishment since you feel so strongly about the subject and the "so called lies".

And I have no ill will towards RT or any other posters so let them post.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
What would you like me to do in regards to punishment since you feel so strongly about the subject and the "so called lies".
I don't recommend any form of punishment. I don't think I asked for that. Maybe I worded it funny.. i'll re-read.

I do like the equivalent of "air quotes" you used there to indicate sarcasm.

Some posters have made pretty stout claims with regards to this whole CLS63TT topic, and each of them has been debunked. So those claims (populated by opposing tuners and their customers, and not one unrelated third-party, to be exact) are the "so called lies".

Now someone is going to read some of this and the name Renntech (a sponsor) might leave a sour taste in their mouth (despite being debunked), and the value of my RT modded E55K is going to go down in the used market.

And that pisses me off!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Just one comment, the skinnies will also help with less rolling resistance... which will probably help more to increase trap speed...but should help the ET a bit (along with the aforementioned less mass).

One suggestion should be to change the thread title to "MBWorld Clash of the Titans"....

Tom
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar

I want to see this!!!
Yea everyone popping in here and excep for the noobs it's the same message, I wonder why. Thanks bro, you know I got your back too
I don't recommend any form of punishment. I don't think I asked for that. Maybe I worded it funny.. i'll re-read.

I do like the equivalent of "air quotes" you used there to indicate sarcasm.

Some posters have made pretty stout claims with regards to this whole CLS63TT topic, and each of them has been debunked. So those claims (populated by opposing tuners and their customers, and not one unrelated third-party, to be exact) are the "so called lies".

Now someone is going to read some of this and the name Renntech (a sponsor) might leave a sour taste in their mouth (despite being debunked), and the value of my RT modded E55K is going to go down in the used market.

And that pisses me off!
What was "debunked" besides SGC credibility which never really existed anyway. Was the car full weight? No. Is this the same tune they sell to customers? No.

Originally Posted by TMC M5
Just one comment, the skinnies will also help with less rolling resistance... which will probably help more to increase trap speed...but should help the ET a bit (along with the aforementioned less mass).

One suggestion should be to change the thread title to "MBWorld Clash of the Titans"....

Tom
True, good point.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
When I flew out there to enjoy the weather the last thing on my mind was busting you out........Drinking and relaxing was a much more appealing option. Besides, I don't really care. It's you that has to live with what you do, not me.

So I have a few questions:

1. What's the fastest Renntech customer car without you driving?
2. What the fastest Renntech car using parts that they are willing to sell a customer?
4.What's with the secret trunk compartment and the blue bottle in Mut's C63?

Thanks. I can keep going if you'd like
Good questions And I don't blame you for chilling in Miami instead of looking over someones car Did he expect you to pull the motor to get the turbos out and take them apart and measure the wheels etc? And take the diff out to verify gearing? Truth is out... finally
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Was the car full weight? No. Is this the same tune they sell to customers? No.
Did Renntech claim the car ran 10.9 full weight? No. Did Renntech claim the car ran 10.9 on the same tune they sell customers? No.

This is a perfect example of misdirection by posting false information and half-truths.

If you have an issue with SGC or any other member - fine, go trash them in their own threads. None of that has anything to do with tuning a CLS63TT. Go talk to him, in his thread, about his CL65 and whether or not it's faster than yours.

Last edited by EcruisinUSA; 02-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Sorry buddy, Kleemann claims 690. V-Tech claims 664 (stage1) and 686 (stage 2). Renntech claims 669.

And who doesn't use a DynoJet?

Aside from that, I think the race idea is excellent. Would be awesome either way.
Brabus, PP-Performance, TechTec, MKB, and many others well known high class german tuners don't use dynoJet. In fact AMG factory ratings don't come from a dynoJet. These are German cars and they are calibrated differently. DynoJets are misleading and they can be manipulated easily. The proper dyno like the accurate Maha LPS300 would put a tuned 2012 CLS63 around 620-630.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Did Renntech claim the car ran 10.9 full weight? No. Did Renntech claim the car ran 10.9 on the same tune they sell customers? No.

This is a perfect example of misdirection by posting false information and half-truths.

If you have an issue with SGC or any other member - fine, go trash them in their own threads. None of that has anything to do with tuning a CLS63TT. Go talk to him, in his thread, about his CL65 and whether or not it's faster than yours.
Which part of that post was false? You actually are saying that what I said is true. SGC posted it was full weight and the mods. Does he represent Rt or just hypes them up all the time?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech ECU Upgrade