Infinity products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Infinity products?

Not a lot of choices in our part of the world. Any thoughts on Infinity subwoofer and amp?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g
I still say go JL... There is no other once you have heard the W7/W6 range compared to others. They'll play every frequency of bass, look great, SQL/SPL and will take life time worth of beatings. The only real downside is the price but you get what you pay for and these could cost you. I'm sure you could find a authorized dealer on the web or a wholesaler on eBay that would cut you a deal. If you’re still going to be in Miami for New Years I could let you have a listen to the JL system in my ESV.

However, I have heard great things about the Kappa Infinity series might be worth checking it out.

This question might be better asked on a car audio forum where you will get a better variety of responses
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Miami

Will be there for a week beginning the 31.....Car is in Kentucky though
May have to drive to Miami next time.....
I have heard good reviews on the Kappa Infinity products but never have heard them....
Old 12-20-2005, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Traumadoc, I just logged on because I was paying attention to my system and was thinking about your thread on the way home.

I think you will be happy with the Infinity Kappa Perfect series subs. They have a high DB rating and play a wide variety of frequencies. They are a step above the "regular" Kappa series, and I think are worth the extra money. However, you NEED to hear them for yourself and judge if you like the sound quality they produce. I was personally going to buy a pair of 12" Kappa Perfects when I did my stereo last time after listening and experiencing more than a dozen different setups. At the last minute I switched to a different brand, but only because the amp I liked was just too powerful for the subs.

I heard LOTS of good comments about the JL W7's, but was disappointed when I heard them in person. It might have been the particular setup I heard, since the wrong box or amp settings can destroy the sound of even the best components.

Btw, I know this is probably a given, but I'll state it anyway. Don't skimp out on the amp or the wiring either. They make a huge difference and everyone seems to underestimate their importance.

If you end up running a good bit of power a need a Farad Cap, stay away from Digital Farad Caps. The Digital reading takes some of the power going to the amp to display the volts. Think of it as a greedy middleman.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
infinity's are pretty good probrably good enough.but pretty much JL audio rules the world!! JL audio speakers are awesome.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG Barelo/Java
I have 2 infiniti Kappa Perfects, 12.1, with a JBL 600.1 amp. It was originally in my 99 TL, but now its sitting in my basement collecting dust.

I hope your stereo mod works out, then I can bug you for all the details!! Then maybe I will be able to make use of these subs!!

PM me or e-mail me if you are interested in buying these from me, they are in a ported box.

Oh yeah back to the subs . . . they are LOUD!!! The bass on these is crazy!!! They are underated for sure!!! I got these back in 2001. Best thing out there! I go them for 450 each from Future shop in Canada, the amp was $ 500.

Goodluck
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by traumadoc
Will be there for a week beginning the 31.....Car is in Kentucky though
May have to drive to Miami next time.....
I have heard good reviews on the Kappa Infinity products but never have heard them....
Damn, that is one long drive, break-in would assuredly be over with :p

I'm over in Key Biscayne, let me know if you want to meet up sometime, we might be making a run out to the Bahamas to use our "special" Mexican fireworks that we were supplied with
Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Infinity

Originally Posted by C32Mississuaga
I have 2 infiniti Kappa Perfects, 12.1, with a JBL 600.1 amp. It was originally in my 99 TL, but now its sitting in my basement collecting dust.

I hope your stereo mod works out, then I can bug you for all the details!! Then maybe I will be able to make use of these subs!!

PM me or e-mail me if you are interested in buying these from me, they are in a ported box.

Oh yeah back to the subs . . . they are LOUD!!! The bass on these is crazy!!! They are underated for sure!!! I got these back in 2001. Best thing out there! I go them for 450 each from Future shop in Canada, the amp was $ 500.

Goodluck
Hi. The local stereo store is installing them today. I will let you know how they sound with the remainder of the system unmodified.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice house!

Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Damn, that is one long drive, break-in would assuredly be over with :p

I'm over in Key Biscayne, let me know if you want to meet up sometime, we might be making a run out to the Bahamas to use our "special" Mexican fireworks that we were supplied with
We can see Key Biscayne from our condo. PM me and we can try to get together. We will be there the 31-Jan 8.

Ever go to Prime 112?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
We can see Key Biscayne from our condo. PM me and we can try to get together. We will be there the 31-Jan 8.

Ever go to Prime 112?
What complex are you in?

Is that the "Modren Steakhouse" on Ocean Drive?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Complex

What complex are you in?

Is that the "Modren Steakhouse" on Ocean Drive?
Check PM
Old 12-21-2005, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Check PM
I hit you back
Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 SL63
Hi. The local stereo store is installing them today. I will let you know how they sound with the remainder of the system unmodified.
And snap a shot of the trunk if possible
Curious how much room will be left.

I have a Focal 13" sub and a McIntosh 6 channell 1000 watt amp
that needs a home
Old 12-21-2005, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
NOTKTS, nice crib. Hate to invite myself, but when can I stop by to say hi and check out your fine automobiles?

Dinko
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by dinko
NOTKTS, nice crib. Hate to invite myself, but when can I stop by to say hi and check out your fine automobiles?

Dinko
Mi casa es su casa :p I'll send you a PM sometime tonight.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Us too???

Mi casa es su casa :p I'll send you a PM sometime tonight.
Mwahaahaa. We aren't too far away!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:54 PM

a toy
Any update on the stereo?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
FAT CRIB NOTKTS!! thats a playa's crib!! nice.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stereo update

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
FAT CRIB NOTKTS!! thats a playa's crib!! nice.
The infinity sounds quite nice. The bass is true and adds punch to the overall sound. Still have some adjustments to do and could not yesterday due to a tennis match and the wifeeee's birthday.

Seems as though to get the bass I need, I have to turn the bass on the main unit up too high. When I do that, I run too much of the bass through the HK speakers and it gets muddy.

Here's what I am thinking. Turn the gain up on the amp and lower the bass on the main unit. Ideally I could turn the bass setting to 0 on the main unit and get all the bass through the new subwoofer and amp.

Alternatively I may disconnect the HK sub completly.

Any thoughts?

idrivatitleist... The system takes up a decent amount of the trunk. I will try to get some photos.

TD
Old 12-23-2005, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stereo

Again the Infinity bass is fantastic. I just need to eliminate the HK bass. Muddy and distorted.

Here are the specs on the stereo upgrade.

Infinity 611a 760 watt mono sub amp
Infinity Perfect 12VDG Variable Q 12" sub
Audio enhancers slot ported 12" enclosure
PAC SNI-35 adjustable line output converter
Power Acoustic 2000 watt power kit with RCAs
Old 12-23-2005, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
The infinity sounds quite nice. The bass is true and adds punch to the overall sound. Still have some adjustments to do and could not yesterday due to a tennis match and the wifeeee's birthday.

Seems as though to get the bass I need, I have to turn the bass on the main unit up too high. When I do that, I run too much of the bass through the HK speakers and it gets muddy.

Here's what I am thinking. Turn the gain up on the amp and lower the bass on the main unit. Ideally I could turn the bass setting to 0 on the main unit and get all the bass through the new subwoofer and amp.

Alternatively I may disconnect the HK sub completly.

Any thoughts?

idrivatitleist... The system takes up a decent amount of the trunk. I will try to get some photos.

TD
I would defiantly disconnect your HK sub, every sub has a different range and will sound different at different freqs. It's basically like starting a cd in your car one second then another person next to you starts the same cd just 2 seconds later. You haven't noticed a difference?

Are you still running a stock amp for the components?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Will do...

I would defiantly disconnect your HK sub, every sub has a different range and will sound different at different freqs. It's basically like starting a cd in your car one second then another person next to you starts the same cd just 2 seconds later. You haven't noticed a difference?

Are you still running a stock amp for the components?
I wonder if I can do it myself?
Still running the stock amp for the remainder of the system. Wanted to try the sub first before tearing the car apart.

The CD sounds so much better than the Statellite....

Lambo in Central or South FL?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
I wonder if I can do it myself?
Still running the stock amp for the remainder of the system. Wanted to try the sub first before tearing the car apart.

The CD sounds so much better than the Statellite....

Lambo in Central or South FL?
If you're running a 760 to the sub it seems that it would mute out the mids and highs. I don't know how the panels come off of the CLS, but with the ESV whenever something blows I just pop the grill out with a screw driver. If you can figure out a way to get it off without damaging the grill or sub I say do it or I'm sure if you brought it into the dealer they would be more than glad to help you... for a fee :p
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 PM

a toy
My friend installed the same subs as I have in his Lexus GS300. He disconnected the factory sub from the read deck and pulled it out. It basically opened up an 8" bass port in the rear deck, which he can return to stock whenever he pleases.

The gains setting on the amp is simply used to match the voltage of the car to the amp. If you want more bass, ask for a bass control remote installed near your driver's seat. I had mine installed underneath my seat pointing to the door, so it's completely hidden. All I have to do it drop my hand down to the side of the seat and crank a little knob. It should run you about $15-20.

What size is your box? Is it sealed or ported? Also, where is the sub pointed?

Keep in mind a small, sealed box gives tighter bass and quicker response, while a large ported box gives boomier bass.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amp

If you're running a 760 to the sub it seems that it would mute out the mids and highs. I don't know how the panels come off of the CLS, but with the ESV whenever something blows I just pop the grill out with a screw driver. If you can figure out a way to get it off without damaging the grill or sub I say do it or I'm sure if you brought it into the dealer they would be more than glad to help you... for a fee :p

I'm with you there but the guy that installed it said he turned the gain way down to suit my wife's "spa music" on Serius. Baaaahhhhh I say. I'm going to tune it for me!....!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infinity products?